ADVERTISEMENT

No matter what your stripes, prayer must be made for some kind of peace

...and to preempt any reference to Lib. or snowflake my guess is I'm the only one or at least one of a very few on this forum who voted for Barry Goldwater.

I suggest you read 2 recently published books..."The Soul of America" by Pulitzer prize winning author and historian John Meacham and "Facism" by former Secretary of State, Madeline Albright. Then tell me if I'm wrong. History repeats itself. As Musselini said, " Don"t cut the chicken's head off, pluck the feathers one at a time, then people won't notice what you are doing." Trump is a Facist and he is following their playbook to a T.
Well if your first post in this thread was the Cliff's Notes of those 2 books, I think I'll take a pass. No need in reading a bunch of agenda driven propaganda.

There's an article in this morning's Houston Chronicle that in my mind hits on the fundamental force behind Trump's rise to the presidency. Headlined, " Population transition to non-whites grows." Basically, deaths among whites in the U.S. out number births. "Make America Great Again" is code that feeds the concerns of Trump's hard core supporters....uneducated, older, white, working class, Evangelical people who cannot handle the browning of America. Trump's position has been clear....ban Muslims, take the side of white supremacists in Charlottesville, turn his back on Puerto Rico, and zero tolerance on immigration. The common thread...we don't want people who don't look and speak like us coming to this country. Obama is right, he was 20 years too early in terms of progressive ideas becoming the norm in this country. Racism did not go away after Johnson's landmark legislation, it went underground but when "N" became president it resurfaced with a vengeance and the result is Trump. We will survive this and a multi-cultural United States will be better for it.

The only people obsessed with race are black and brown people. Most white people really don't give it a second thought. We just want America to be strong and take care of our own for a change...regardless of race.

Comment #1...of course you don't want to read educated opinion of documented history. You spend your time watching the Pravda of American media. You should try expanding your provincial horizons. You just might learn something 2nd comment...you are whistling past the grave yard if you don't think racism is at the heart of the cult of Trump. He has hit a nerve with a minority who "want their country back." I live in a community that is the future of America...Ft. Bend County, Texas, the most culturally diverse county in America and right next to the most culturally diverse city in America ( Houston ). I see my grand children in class with a virtual United nations makeup. They see no color. They see no religious biases. They see no cultural differences. People my age want to go back to the 50's and Trump played on their fears.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Comment #1...of course you don't want to read educated opinion of documented history. You spend your time watching the Pravda of American media. You should try expanding your provincial horizons. You just might learn something 2nd comment...you are whistling past the grave yard if you don't think racism is at the heart of the cult of Trump. He has hit a nerve with a minority who "want their country back." I live in a community that is the future of America...Ft. Bend County, Texas, the most culturally diverse county in America and right next to the most culturally diverse city in America ( Houston ). I see my grand children in class with a virtual United nations makeup. They see no color. They see no religious biases. They see no cultural differences. People my age want to go back to the 50's and Trump played on their fears.
Thank you for helping me confirm that I don't want to read those books. Keep on living in your supposed utopia down there.

Reactions: runningback43
I live in Nebraska and voted am proud to say that I voted for Trump. I'm tired of people wanting the government to do everything for them. Back when JFK made his inauguration address he said "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". In today's world everybody wants the federal government to come in and give them something. I'm guessing that if JFK was the President right now he would be seen as somebody that wasn't liberal enough for the left.

In my opinion racism got worse during the Obama administration. Seemed like he liked to blame everything on racism.

I live in Nebraska and voted am proud to say that I voted for Trump. I'm tired of people wanting the government to do everything for them. Back when JFK made his inauguration address he said "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". In today's world everybody wants the federal government to come in and give them something. I'm guessing that if JFK was the President right now he would be seen as somebody that wasn't liberal enough for the left.

In my opinion racism got worse during the Obama administration. Seemed like he liked to blame everything on racism.

I agree that it did. Started with that ridiculous "beer summit" he had. He had trouble backing the police

I think I agree that it resurfaced because of Obama. He was obviously a transformational president who probably was ahead of his time. Racism has been a thread of fact throughout the history of this country and Trump has captured it as a cornerstone of his presidency. Obama thought people were ready for a transparent dialogue. He was wrong. The irony of all of this is that Trump voters have been sold a bill of goods. He is a chronic and pathological liar who will simply tell his base anything and they believe him. He's plucking the chicken one feather at a time.

I think I agree that it resurfaced because of Obama. He was obviously a transformational president who probably was ahead of his time. Racism has been a thread of fact throughout the history of this country and Trump has captured it as a cornerstone of his presidency. Obama thought people were ready for a transparent dialogue. He was wrong. The irony of all of this is that Trump voters have been sold a bill of goods. He is a chronic and pathological liar who will simply tell his base anything and they believe him. He's plucking the chicken one feather at a time.

lol give me a freaking break. Dude you have no clue what you are talking about

If politicians did not exist, there would be no racism.
The racism tag gets tiresome, especially since it's the liberals that harp on it daily. I'm personally prejudiced towards anyone who won't shape up and keeps asking for my money to compensate for their lack of ambition and self-sufficiency. I don't care if they're green.

There's an article in this morning's Houston Chronicle that in my mind hits on the fundamental force behind Trump's rise to the presidency. Headlined, " Population transition to non-whites grows." Basically, deaths among whites in the U.S. out number births. "Make America Great Again" is code that feeds the concerns of Trump's hard core supporters....uneducated, older, white, working class, Evangelical people who cannot handle the browning of America. Trump's position has been clear....ban Muslims, take the side of white supremacists in Charlottesville, turn his back on Puerto Rico, and zero tolerance on immigration. The common thread...we don't want people who don't look and speak like us coming to this country. Obama is right, he was 20 years too early in terms of progressive ideas becoming the norm in this country. Racism did not go away after Johnson's landmark legislation, it went underground but when "N" became president it resurfaced with a vengeance and the result is Trump. We will survive this and a multi-cultural United States will be better for it.

Deplorables rise again. Trump 2020

I suggest you read 2 recently published books..."The Soul of America" by Pulitzer prize winning author and historian John Meacham and "Facism" by former Secretary of State, Madeline Albright. Then tell me if I'm wrong. History repeats itself. As Musselini said, " Don"t cut the chicken's head off, pluck the feathers one at a time, then people won't notice what you are doing." Trump is a Facist and he is following their playbook to a T.

Facism could hit you in the head and you wouldn't even know it. I believe it has. I suggest that you read The Big Lie and Stealing America both written by Dinesh D'SSouza. Fascism is alive and well and it sits squarely in the camp of the left. Antifa is a leftist opposition movement and militant army for the left.

BTW, the Houston Chronicle is shit and if you're getting your daily diet of politics with the HC then no wonder you're a tad warped.

Last edited:
It's my belief that the Democratic voters hate Trump so much because they resent their own party leader's theft of the DNC, it's message and their nomination. This resentment is so strong that you/they are throwing out anti-Trump lies and hate in an effort to re-capture your lost voters. The problem is your party has moved so far to the left that it left voters behind. These same voters voted Trump. Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania? Are you kidding me? You can preach your racism all you want. It's another false narrative much like Russia Cullusion, Stormy Daniels and any and all other BS you're chanting about to distract Trump's successes. The Republican party will take all off those voters as the Democratic party is becoming the anti-white party.

disgusted.gif

4 pages and only 6 likes; some need to step up their love for my sake...
My first thought was to Email you my thoughts on this, ia...I then realized I didn't want to hide those behind the anonymity of a private message...

First of all, I see your original post as one of the Best you've written, in recent times, and it is my personal favorite! It speaks of Peace, and Prayer, and IMO, those are the Major Components that are missing in our world, today. I wasn't surprised that it was well received, and others shared their thoughts, and showed their love and support.

I also wasn't surprised when someone turned negative, and seemed to try to pick a fight. Like the world outside of OUr message board, there are always nay-sayers and dissenters. Fortunately, we have some 'Thinking People' on here who aren't bashful about countering such comments...

Feel GOOD about Your Post, and Yourself, ia...We have your back...

Ahead of his time? You have to be kidding. One of the most clueless comments ever on this board. Obama was a puppet for the liberal left and fulfilled all their dreams. Why do you think so much of Obama's past is sealed and not for public consumption? He is a fraud from beginning to end. The agitation of America was fast tracked when they identified this guy in the crowd of nobodies. Your position is more than clear by your recommended reading. Take that hook out of your mouth before you find yourself on the fillet table.

There's a trend here. Every response to my posts is a personal attack ( a Trump cornerstone), and the belief or premise that I'm a Democrat or a flaming liberal. I am neither. I am a member of the largest political group in the country...an independent. I am also unfettered by political, racial, or religious bias. I am well read and continually investigate and research both sides of the debate. We are currently living a national nightmare promulgated by the worst president in our history and supported by a constituency that is watching this great country of immigrants leave them in the dust of history. We will get through this because our people and our institutions are stronger than any one man and his demented view of the world.

...and why are traditional Republicans (George Will) advocating a vote for Dems in Nov.? Why are people like Steve Schmidt renouncing their membership in the Republican party. Why do only 26% of the electorate call themselves Republicans? Why do people who are Republicans support a president who was a life long Democrat and who"s policies are the antithesis of traditional Republican values? The "Cult of Trump" has destroyed the Republican party.

There's a trend here. Every response to my posts is a personal attack ( a Trump cornerstone)
I hate to point to the obvious, but your very first post in this thread was a personal attack (a cornerstone of the left). You f with the bull, you get the horns.

and the belief or premise that I'm a Democrat or a flaming liberal.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

We are currently living a national nightmare promulgated by the worst president in our history
The breathless hyperbole is a trademark of the left these days. We're more than 500 days into the Trump presidency, and the left has freaked out every single one of them, with nothing they've predicted coming true. 0-500 is a damn pathetic record.

Trump's position has been clear....ban Muslims, take the side of white supremacists in Charlottesville, turn his back on Puerto Rico, and zero tolerance on immigration. The common thread...we don't want people who don't look and speak like us coming to this country.

I am well read and continually investigate and research both sides of the debate.

lol.

Whatever baggage Trump has, it's sad seeing how so many grieve and stomp their feet over Hillary Clinton's well-deserved defeat in the 2016 election.
The Democrats should, in my opinion, do two things:
1....tell Hollywood, the colleges and universities, the mainstream media.....and restaurant owners in Virginia.......to stop the extreme and over-the-top attacks on Trump, his family and those who voted for him or represent him. The degree of hatred and division spawned by these elements is damaging to the future of our country.
2....put forth an agenda for the country, devoid of just opposing Trump because of who or what he is.
Any president will have enemies and it's silly to think any president can be accepted by the vast majority. I get all that. But what exists now is paralysis of our political system.

I am not concerned about being in the minority on this forum. I'm simply here to speak the truth. Here's a question for all of you...why aren't we advocating building a wall across our northern border? Why do we continue to waste lives and treasure in a futile attempt to save Afganistan when what we really need to do is put the same effort into bringing political stability to Nicaragua Honduras and El Salvador. Why doesn't average American embrace immigration...not from a legacy standpoint but from the standpoint that immigration is our only hope because our population is getting older and there's none to do the entry level jobs that are the first rung on the ladder to prosperity? The families at our border are seeking asylum from brutal environments in the home countries. Honduras and El Salvador have the 2 highest murder rates in the world. The gangs run the countries. Let's invade Central America and exert our Manifest Destiny instead of channeling the Bolsheviks and the Nazis and rounding up people and putting them in internment camps.

I am not concerned about being in the minority on this forum. I'm simply here to speak the truth. Here's a question for all of you...why aren't we advocating building a wall across our northern border? Why do we continue to waste lives and treasure in a futile attempt to save Afganistan when what we really need to do is put the same effort into bringing political stability to Nicaragua Honduras and El Salvador. Why doesn't average American embrace immigration...not from a legacy standpoint but from the standpoint that immigration is our only hope because our population is getting older and there's none to do the entry level jobs that are the first rung on the ladder to prosperity? The families at our border are seeking asylum from brutal environments in the home countries. Honduras and El Salvador have the 2 highest murder rates in the world. The gangs run the countries. Let's invade Central America and exert our Manifest Destiny instead of channeling the Bolsheviks and the Nazis and rounding up people and putting them in internment camps.

If you don't know the difference between immigration and illegal immigration, there is nothing to debate.

"Legal"is simply code for racism; I e., if we have total control and we admit only people of merit we can maintain our white Christian heritage. There will always be illegal immigration. Our border is too hard to defend, even with a wall. I have one question...did the Patriots who fomented the American Revolution stop and ask the question, is this legal? Hell no! Seeking asylum is a legal aspect of our immigration law. Processing these asylum seekers as criminals is not the American way.

Here's a question for all of you...why aren't we advocating building a wall across our northern border? Why do we continue to waste lives and treasure in a futile attempt to save Afganistan when what we really need to do is put the same effort into bringing political stability to Nicaragua Honduras and El Salvador..
Well let's see, are there any countries north of the United States where people are supposedly fleeing for their lives?? What's the ratio of between the northern and southern borders in regards to TOTAL illegal immigration trying to flood across the border?? I wonder if Canada or Mexico will grant political asylum to US citizens fleeing the United States due to Trump being President or the rampant violence in cities like Chicago??

And you say wasting lives and treasure in Afghanistan...yet also advocate getting politically involved in Central American countries. So which is it? What makes you think the US wouldn't get politically bogged down in those nations in the same manner we have in Afghanistan?? You say Afghanistan is futile, yet you think the "truth" is that Central America is a cakewalk? So you would support putting lives and treasure into those countries??

Why doesn't average American embrace immigration...not from a legacy standpoint but from the standpoint that immigration is our only hope because our population is getting older and there's none to do the entry level jobs that are the first rung on the ladder to prosperity? .
I have yet to meet any Trump supporters who don't support LEGAL immigration. Don't fool yourself into thinking any vocal minority that advocates no immigration speaks for the majority of people who voted for Trump.
And what the hell are you talking about in the population is getting older...as if immigration is the ONLY source of a younger generation. Good lord.....
The families at our border are seeking asylum from brutal environments in the home countries. Honduras and El Salvador have the 2 highest murder rates in the world. The gangs run the countries. .
If they were truly seeking asylum, then why try to sneak across the border?? If they feel they have a legitimate claim to asylum, then why not visit a US embassy or an immigration office at a port of entry? Good lord with all your research and investigation abilities, you really believe trying to sneak into the country illegally is a legitimate route to seek asylum?? LOL
Let's invade Central America and exert our Manifest Destiny instead of channeling the Bolsheviks and the Nazis and rounding up people and putting them in internment camps.
And there it is....the NAZI reference!!! That's the buzzword these days isn't it. You even added a nod to genocidal communist regimes in there too!! Comparing what is going on down at the border with what the Nazi's and Communist driven purges did just shows how little you actually know and are just resorting to MSM agenda driven labels.

Reactions: Medic007
"Legal"is simply code for racism;
God almighty......and coming from a person who just said he is here to speak the truth.......
Seeking asylum is a legal aspect of our immigration law. Processing these asylum seekers as criminals is not the American way.
That's easy...they aren't seeking asylum. They are simply trying to enter illegally. Funny have you have bought into that spoon-fed buzzword from the left. You want to seek asylum, there actually is a proper and legal process for that.

Last edited:
I’d just like to know how Canada would handle immigration if the USA simply shipped in coming immigrants from Mexico to our northern borders. I don’t know what the answer is but there has to be limit for how many illegal immigrants the USA can allow into our country. What if a million hit our border next month? That may sound crazy but the point is “when is enough, enough”? Sounds to me like there’s way too many people willing to allow anyone, any number to enter and be taken care of by the rest of tax payers. I don’t subscribe to the reasoning whereby just because the USA once accepted and fostered pretty much “come one, come all” that we must continue. When situations change, you need to adjust. Can anyone argue that today is different than it was 50 years ago? Just take a look at how much we are spending on illegal immigrants today compared to then. Consider how much debt we have and explain to me why our country should continue accepting anyone from another country that we have to feed, educate, provide medical attention and raise their children with little or no expectation that we would get a return on our investment. I may sound harsh but I’d like to see those that are so damn sympathetic to the illegal immigrants that are flooding into our country begin to voluntarily allow one of the families to move in with them and pay their expenses. Ain’t going to happen much, because as it stands it’s not costing them anything. They don’t care what it cost our country. They don’t care how much more our debt becomes. Frankly, none of this is going to affect me much, but as an American that has worked hard and enjoyed a good life as a result, it makes me sad to think so many living today aren’t going to have the same opportunities. And don’t think that l’m just a crazy Trumper. I am not. I’m ust an American concerned about my country.

"Legal"is simply code for racism; I e., if we have total control and we admit only people of merit we can maintain our white Christian heritage.

Sorry, but stats don't back your statement.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of "White Christian heritage" in this group:

Legal Immigration Statistics:
2016 - 1,183,505 people are granted lawful permanent residence in the United States. The top countries of origin of these "green card" recipients, or LPRs:
-- Mexico = 172,726
-- China = 77,658
-- Cuba = 66,120
-- India = 61,691
-- Dominican Republic = 60,613

(Source: https://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/us/immigration-statistics-fast-facts/index.html)

If we could all stop slinging insults, maybe we can have a civil conversation (e.g. "Nazi", "racist", "Libtard", "Snowflake", "Trumptard", et. al).

These issues are usually very complex, and not going to be resolved by fixing one piece. But NOTHING will get resolved by being close-minded. Stop and think about what the "media" and social-media are telling you. Analyze the information. Think beyond the surface of what they're telling you.

Typically, "media" outlets are just fishing for clicks to sell ads. That's it. So they will say and spin anything if they think it will get clicks.

I watched an NBC story the other day where they reported the "story" for like 5 minutes. At the very end, they added "NBC has not verified this information". WTF?!?!? I mean, I'm not shocked that they reported an unverified story -- I was more shocked that they ADMITTED IT. Sad day when all the major media outlets have picked "a side" and you can't trust any of them.

I’d just like to know how Canada would handle immigration if the USA simply shipped in coming immigrants from Mexico to our northern borders. I don’t know what the answer is but there has to be limit for how many illegal immigrants the USA can allow into our country. What if a million hit our border next month? That may sound crazy but the point is “when is enough, enough”? Sounds to me like there’s way too many people willing to allow anyone, any number to enter and be taken care of by the rest of tax payers. I don’t subscribe to the reasoning whereby just because the USA once accepted and fostered pretty much “come one, come all” that we must continue. When situations change, you need to adjust. Can anyone argue that today is different than it was 50 years ago? Just take a look at how much we are spending on illegal immigrants today compared to then. Consider how much debt we have and explain to me why our country should continue accepting anyone from another country that we have to feed, educate, provide medical attention and raise their children with little or no expectation that we would get a return on our investment. I may sound harsh but I’d like to see those that are so damn sympathetic to the illegal immigrants that are flooding into our country begin to voluntarily allow one of the families to move in with them and pay their expenses. Ain’t going to happen much, because as it stands it’s not costing them anything. They don’t care what it cost our country. They don’t care how much more our debt becomes. Frankly, none of this is going to affect me much, but as an American that has worked hard and enjoyed a good life as a result, it makes me sad to think so many living today aren’t going to have the same opportunities. And don’t think that l’m just a crazy Trumper. I am not. I’m ust an American concerned about my country.

hey now thats a good idea. Just load em up and push them through to Canada.

The race-baiting DNC made the huge mistake (when the presidential campaigning started) that whites in this country are all washed-up and the DNC needs to abandon a platform aimed at the disappearing white middle class, and instead focus on immigrants and social justice activists and causes. They though that is how they were going to get Hillary elected.

I'll never forget the first night of the Democratic National Convention. Where are the American flags?

6POJ_QrVZk5DaGgxcHUQdc5elozLqp2sLNtXRp7yIWVucm8zbCBcawBbPVJD5jSoUNzYGyIhkMWobazz6UCZ8_Q9Y5XdIfEdPpiY6yuH_PXGUyAcHz28r8FtMTEA2nYwae8GVw7V

They took a lot of crap over that, and instead found out that the patriotic, white middle-class (and patriotic non-white Americans too) are a fired-up and powerful force in this nation, REJECTING Hillary and the liberal Democrat message.

OwenField... I'm so glad to see you all still believe that message is the key to success on the 2018 elections. Keep up the ridicule and name calling of Trump supporters. Thank you.

Last edited:
"Race baiting" & "hatemongering" are hallmarks of the Trump agenda. Did you know that immigration from south of the border is at an all time low? Did you know that over the past 10 years immigrants have contributed over $68 billion to our economy? Did you know that out of approximately 300,000 immigrants seeking entry from the south less than 1% are members of M13? Trump is fomenting racism and hatred on a grand scale and there's a clear historical reference to his actions. Let's just call it like it is...you folks are scared. Scared of becoming a minority in your country. The problem is, its inevitable. You see mixed marriage families depicted in TV ads. You see more and more minorities in your daily life and you suddenly feel that you've lost your status in life. You feel threatened. You are going to lose this battle and once you come to grips with it we can all get on about the business of keeping America great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT