ADVERTISEMENT

No matter what your stripes, prayer must be made for some kind of peace

I agree.

But I do not see NKO giving up their nukes. That's a pipedream. They are on the cusp of getting misslies to do some serious damage to the US mainland. Which has basically brought the US to the negotiation table. Trump just happens to be the POTUS in play tonight because those before him did not do much if anything to stop NKO's nuclear program.

Wishing nothing but the best for Trump.

I
This is historic stuff happening; NoKo has been working on hating us for 70 years and have played our politics since the end of WW2

These are the same thoughts that are strong with me this morning. It is uplifting to see that we posters are United in our support. My hope is that this significant event might be the start of something that ALL U.S. Citizens will agree with and work toward... Denuclearization along with a Reunification of our country.

IMO, unless we find a way to stand together we are doomed to fall/fail...Far too many seem to have forgotten that we are The UNITED States of America...The Divisiveness, along party lines, is a very real internal threat to this Land of the Free...

The Eyes of the World are on Singapore, today...

Last edited:
I

IMO, unless we find a way to stand together we are doomed to fall/fail...Far too many seem to have forgotten that we are The UNITED States of America...The Divisiveness, along party lines, is a very real internal threat to this Land of the Free...
Truer words have never been stated....but our media and politicians and a new generation are too much about drawing lines in the sand to see whose side you're on and how "evil" those who have differing ideas are.
We are very disunited these days.

If this does bring about lasting change and peace, I think Mike Pompeo deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for all his hard work behind the scenes to get NK to the table and for negotiating the terms of the deal. He's done an outstanding job in the short time he's been Sec. of State. Far more effective than Tillerson.
Agree, but isn't the Nobel Prize given to leftists?: Al Gore for his slide show on climate change and Barrack Obama for his.....his....his...whatever ?

Last edited:
No need to bring the past into this. We ended the Soviet threat and Dim Un knows he was taught history incorrectly (but we must remain very cautious)

Born in '83 and likely lived in Switzerland from '91-00, ages 8-18. I'm guessing he knows his history well, but just enjoys the power. He's also thrown himself so far down the rabbit hole of crimes against humanity that he knows his life is merely protected by North Korean isolation. He might denuclearize and possibly have better relations between the countries, but he'll likely play a little cat and mouse the rest of his life through continued isolation. His life probably depends on it at this point.

That little bad haircut freak from North Korea is pure evil.

He has murdered his uncle, and. his brother and many in the military he feels threatened by. His means of killing primarily is to have the victim killed by a small rocket which disintegrates them His brother died of nerve gas put on his face in public.
He has 100000 of his people in concentration work camps where they are tortured and killed. He had murdered a young American who he convicted in his kangaroo court. He sent back this young American to America in a coma who soon died
He picks out girls he wants to have sex with and then he has them murdered.
His people are dying of starvation.
His only claim to fame are his rockets and his nukes. He has nothing else.

I truly believe this piece of evil garbage will never give them up,. Despite our serious sanctions and the United Nation sanctions, China still helps North Korea.

We all hope for the best as does the rest of the world, but I think in the long run we all will be disappointed as we have for the last 70 years. of the liars from North Korea.

His granddad fought for Stalin in WW2 and set himself up as a god king in the hermit kingdom afterwards. The Chinese don't want a strong nuke neighbor sharing an 800+ mile border but then they don't want a successful western democracy there either. Its too bad they intervened in the Korean conflict after we had saved their arses from Japan but that's History

In 1969, I spent one year of my life right on the DMZ in the middle of the boundary between North and South Korea. I look back on that year as an eye opener for a young 1st Lieutenant from rural Oklahoma in the US Army Security Agency serving as the Commanding officer of the detachment.

It was a grueling experience. We were right on top of a mountain peak. The winter was cold and harsh. We had a tall chain link fence all around our facilities with concertina wire over the top. Our outer security was provided by the South Korean Army. It was a regular occurrence for the North Koreans to attempt getting inside our perimeter. In addition we had a base camp and we would drive 5/4 ton vehicles up to the top of the mountain every five day or so to rotate and give our people some relief from the cold in the winter etc.

The road up to the peak was a single lane with drop offs over a 1,000 feet straight down all the way to the top. There were some storms where the wind at the peak were blowing 80 mph+ with the temperatures in the -40 and colder. It was a tough spot in the world to spend a year.

As the CO, I had some very interesting experiences. We had South Korean civilians working for us. Some at the base camp and some on the mountain top. Me and my Top Sergeant were often invited to parties in the village right outside of our base camp. I love my Schnauzer and while I never tried to think about it I am positive I consumed some of his cousins. Drank lots of sake and and other Korean drinks. I could never get past the smell of the kimchi. In case you don't know. The Koreans grow veggies with cabbage being one of the ingredients would bury them in large containers and then eat it during the winter. Lots of hot peppers. South Korea was where I learned to eat hot food.

Two of my duties that some would think weird involved me driving into a neighboring big town to pay our civilian employees. Also, when I made those trips, I was always accompanied by 3 - 5 village girls. While I was off paying the civilians they would be visiting the local doctor. Meanwhile, I would drive into town to do the pay thing. I would pack my 45 on my hip. Take my two gym type bags full of Korean money [won] and climb up three flights of stairs in a local hotel and meet these guys in a bar. At that time the average yearly earnings of South Koreans was about $150.00/year. We were paying most of these guys about $300/month. The first time I did this, I was very nervous and kept my holster unbuttoned. Don't have a clue as to what I would have done had something happened.

Anyway, on one trip back to the base camp we came upon a village on fire. Their housing was mostly rice straw and some wood. By the time we got to the village it was almost completely gone.

My point with this is that at that time South Korea some 16 years or so after the Korean war ended was in the dumpster. I spent some time later on duty close to Seoul. It wasn't thriving, pretty sad really. About five years ago I had a chance to visit Seoul for a very short time.

The transformation of South Korea since the end of the Korean war and after I left in 1970 is a miracle. It is a shining example of what a downtrodden people can do given freedom and the opportunity to lift themselves up.

Meanwhile, you look at the night sky over North Korea and it is just dark. Meanwhile South Korea is lit up like New Orleans during Mardi Gras. For over a hundred years the North Koreans have lived under tyrants. Little food. Limited work and very poor. Hundreds of thousands have died in the labor camps. You tow the political line or you die.

I'm a patriot. I didn't vote for Trump in the primary. I did vote for him in the general. I am damn glad he won. I don't know how Trump's efforts to solve the North Korean dilemma will work out. I hope he turns that mess around. If, Trump can succeed where all the President's before him failed, he will have done God's work. He will have made this world a safer place.

I listened to Chuck Shumer just before I came to this board. Shumer's words made me sick to my stomach. This work in North Korea is just getting started. It sounded like Shumer was cheering for failure. I can't wait to hear what the rest of the ultra left wing democrats in the US Congress will say. What I do know, there won't be many of them hoping for success. They know Trump succeeding will cost them in the next election cycle.

In 1969, I spent one year of my life right on the DMZ in the middle of the boundary between North and South Korea. I look back on that year as an eye opener for a young 1st Lieutenant from rural Oklahoma in the US Army Security Agency serving as the Commanding officer of the detachment.

It was a grueling experience. We were right on top of a mountain peak. The winter was cold and harsh. We had a tall chain link fence all around our facilities with concertina wire over the top. Our outer security was provided by the South Korean Army. It was a regular occurrence for the North Koreans to attempt getting inside our perimeter. In addition we had a base camp and we would drive 5/4 ton vehicles up to the top of the mountain every five day or so to rotate and give our people some relief from the cold in the winter etc.

The road up to the peak was a single lane with drop offs over a 1,000 feet straight down all the way to the top. There were some storms where the wind at the peak were blowing 80 mph+ with the temperatures in the -40 and colder. It was a tough spot in the world to spend a year.

As the CO, I had some very interesting experiences. We had South Korean civilians working for us. Some at the base camp and some on the mountain top. Me and my Top Sergeant were often invited to parties in the village right outside of our base camp. I love my Schnauzer and while I never tried to think about it I am positive I consumed some of his cousins. Drank lots of sake and and other Korean drinks. I could never get past the smell of the kimchi. In case you don't know. The Koreans grow veggies with cabbage being one of the ingredients would bury them in large containers and then eat it during the winter. Lots of hot peppers. South Korea was where I learned to eat hot food.

Two of my duties that some would think weird involved me driving into a neighboring big town to pay our civilian employees. Also, when I made those trips, I was always accompanied by 3 - 5 village girls. While I was off paying the civilians they would be visiting the local doctor. Meanwhile, I would drive into town to do the pay thing. I would pack my 45 on my hip. Take my two gym type bags full of Korean money [won] and climb up three flights of stairs in a local hotel and meet these guys in a bar. At that time the average yearly earnings of South Koreans was about $150.00/year. We were paying most of these guys about $300/month. The first time I did this, I was very nervous and kept my holster unbuttoned. Don't have a clue as to what I would have done had something happened.

Anyway, on one trip back to the base camp we came upon a village on fire. Their housing was mostly rice straw and some wood. By the time we got to the village it was almost completely gone.

My point with this is that at that time South Korea some 16 years or so after the Korean war ended was in the dumpster. I spent some time later on duty close to Seoul. It wasn't thriving, pretty sad really. About five years ago I had a chance to visit Seoul for a very short time.

The transformation of South Korea since the end of the Korean war and after I left in 1970 is a miracle. It is a shining example of what a downtrodden people can do given freedom and the opportunity to lift themselves up.

Meanwhile, you look at the night sky over North Korea and it is just dark. Meanwhile South Korea is lit up like New Orleans during Mardi Gras. For over a hundred years the North Koreans have lived under tyrants. Little food. Limited work and very poor. Hundreds of thousands have died in the labor camps. You tow the political line or you die.

I'm a patriot. I didn't vote for Trump in the primary. I did vote for him in the general. I am damn glad he won. I don't know how Trump's efforts to solve the North Korean dilemma will work out. I hope he turns that mess around. If, Trump can succeed where all the President's before him failed, he will have done God's work. He will have made this world a safer place.

I listened to Chuck Shumer just before I came to this board. Shumer's words made me sick to my stomach. This work in North Korea is just getting started. It sounded like Shumer was cheering for failure. I can't wait to hear what the rest of the ultra left wing democrats in the US Congress will say. What I do know, there won't be many of them hoping for success. They know Trump succeeding will cost them in the next election cycle.

I can’t remember ever reading a better OT post. Roy, if you ever write a novel, please let us know. I hope you are right about Trump. And I too would like him to succeed. Thank you for posting.

What has Trump given Kim Jong-un ?
And given the fact he’s a ruthless homicidal maniac, it’s premature and even unrealistic to think peace is coming from North Korea. Are we seeing another Neville Chamberlain-Adolf Hitler type failure ?

Reactions: Schoonerman
And given the fact he’s a ruthless homicidal maniac, it’s premature and even unrealistic to think peace is coming from North Korea. Are we seeing another Neville Chamberlain-Adolf Hitler type failure ?

CT, “we” may never see the end of this story. Way too much that has to happen but it “could” be a good start. I hope so. Hopeful yet not excited yet.

An excellent post Roy,,,,very informative.

The think I hate the most about South Korea you mentioned when you talked about your schnauzer..

They inhumanly kill dogs for food. I have seen pictures where they put many live dogs in small cages and they stack them on top of each other and then they skin them alive .
I think they are heathens like those in North Korea.
When they had the recent Olympics, several athletes from other countries rescued
some of these dogs and took them home with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
The show I saw on History touched on that aspect of the Northerners diet; I won't repeat the manner which they reported regarding the treatment of their dinners. They did say there was such a shortage of food in the last century that cannibalism was practiced in some parts of the peninsula

Reactions: JConXtsy
We’re starting to hear strange things now that this has started.

In at least two of the Books that Trump wrote he stated if he had the opportunity, he would confront and take down NKO.

That through his directions, he told China & Russia that he was going to order military strikes on NKO. They both then signed off on further sanctions.

None of us know what the future holds w NKO, but something tells me that they will get in line or it’s bombs away as long as Trumps around.

It would have been nice to have been a fly on the wall when they met in private just to know what was actually said between the two.

With that being said I think Trump has a plan if he gets double crossed because I am sure even he doesnt trust the words of that tyrant.

BTW I also spent a year of 8 year Army service in Korea and for the most part the SK people want us there. However some KATUSA’s think we are keeping them from there families who may reside in the north. I shared a room with one who believed that. My point is if we ever go to war again in Korea that SK next to our soldier may just turn on him.

I know I didnt trust some of the KATUSA’s I knew.

The think I hate the most about South Korea you mentioned when you talked about your schnauzer..

They inhumanly kill dogs for food. I have seen pictures where they put many live dogs in small cages and they stack them on top of each other and then they skin them alive .
When they had the recent Olympics, several athletes from other countries rescued
I'm sure some other nations in this world can't believe us Americans inhumanely kill cattle so we can eat thick, tasty and juicy steaks at will.

Hey Roy it's great to hear from ya bud!!! Man reading your post you may have been in S. Korea about the same time my father was. He was there in the late 60's and was stationed on a Hawk missile site. You mentioning kimchi reminds me of him telling me the exact same thing. He said he never came to terms with eating rotten smelling food that was buried in the ground as well. Lol

I hadn't heard what Shumer said. I just looked it up and listened to him. Good grief that guy is just a huge steaming pile. I really can't fathom why anyone would fall in line with the garbage coming out of his mouth.

I think going forward it depends if Trump starts making huge concessions without N. Korea doing anything in return. Trump himself said that the suspension of military drills will be reversed if progress isn't made going forward. One thing I respect about Trump is he flat out said that he is hopeful going forward, but in the end he could be wrong. Career politicians don't talk like that. But what he said is the truth. He knows this is just a first step and there is still alot of work to do in the future. He didn't hold up the co-signed document at his presser while declaring "peace in our time" as if the negotiations are done and over.

President Trump negotiates like this:

Step 1. Tell the adversary what they want to hear. If the adversary accepts, then go to step 2. If the adversary balks, then it's over. DJT can say that he gave it a try, and was rejected. It's done. (Like he did to Justin Trudeau).

Step 2. Begin negotiations and go from there, putting America first.

Right now, The President and Rocket Man are moving to Step 2.

MAGA

I think going forward it depends if Trump starts making huge concessions without N. Korea doing anything in return. Trump himself said that the suspension of military drills will be reversed if progress isn't made going forward. One thing I respect about Trump is he flat out said that he is hopeful going forward, but in the end he could be wrong. Career politicians don't talk like that. But what he said is the truth. He knows this is just a first step and there is still alot of work to do in the future. He didn't hold up the co-signed document at his presser while declaring "peace in our time" as if the negotiations are done and over.
All I'm saying is Trump is dealing with an evil third world dictator whose agenda has never been anything outside of repression, murder and going to war.

Go Trump Go.

I have to admit that I’m blown away at what he decides to tackle, how he tackles them, and the results. While this NKO thing is in its infancy, the early results are astonishing. I recognize that some deeply dislike this man, but I believe he’s the right person at the right time for our country. The American people saw this and gave him the opportunity. He’s accomplished so much in less than two years that I truly can not imagine and fathom what a full eight years of Trump as POTUS would be able to do.

Hey Roy it's great to hear from ya bud!!! Man reading your post you may have been in S. Korea about the same time my father was. He was there in the late 60's and was stationed on a Hawk missile site. You mentioning kimchi reminds me of him telling me the exact same thing. He said he never came to terms with eating rotten smelling food that was buried in the ground as well. Lol

I hadn't heard what Shumer said. I just looked it up and listened to him. Good grief that guy is just a huge steaming pile. I really can't fathom why anyone would fall in line with the garbage coming out of his mouth.

Ask your dad if he knows how to spell Waxon and Moxon two mountains on the DMZ sharing a pass between the two mountains. My guess there is still a lot of twisted truck bodies on the drop offs from the road up to the Hawk missile site on the other side of the pass between the two mountains. I have tried to locate those two mountains many, many times over the past 48 years. Also, the name of the village escapes me. I never was able to find an English translation/spelling for those two mountains and the pass between.

I'm guessing that the odds of there being two sites along the DMZ with a US Army ASA detachment on one peak and a Hawk missile site on the peak on the other side of the pass. We could have been there at the same time. What a coincidence.

If this does bring about lasting change and peace, I think Mike Pompeo deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for all his hard work behind the scenes to get NK to the table and for negotiating the terms of the deal. He's done an outstanding job in the short time he's been Sec. of State. Far more effective than Tillerson.

What’s amazing is that Trump and Kim both discharged their top leaders to push through and forward to reach Step 1. While Pompeii has done very well, he also had an extensive background and history on NKo to work with. This paid huge dividends. So if we’re offering nominations for a Nobel Peace Prize I’m going w Trump. Simply because Pompeo’s success would have never happened w/o Trump’s vision, direction, decisions & leadership.

Having said this, the small panel of folks that select a Nobel Prize winner are some of Europe’s far left leaning people and it’s very very doubtful that this small group would place Trump at the top and award him their prize.

Bullmarket,

Don't continue the promotion of sensationalized media. Probably some of the most sensationalized media surrounds the Olympics... every Olympics.

South Koreans today are not far from the culture and thinking of Japan and the United States. There might still be "dog-eaters" in Korea, but that's a historic thing due to survival necessities. I'm sure all of our ancestors were willing to eat dog in times of need at some point in history. How far removed do we need to be in order to not be "heathens?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_consumption_in_South_Korea

. Drank lots of sake and and other Korean drinks.

Excellent read, Roy. My guess is that what you remember as sake was soju... Korea's very similar tasting drink.

Being in the microelectronics industry, half of my coworkers are South Korean. We enjoy very frequent Korean BBQ dinners with plenty of soju flowing. In fact Korea, in my opinion, is one of the few Asian cultures that can and will drink like us "Westerners." Maybe even moreso.

One of my colleagues has a position that requires frequent travel to Korea. He's a big, burly, native Texan. The 300lb, dipping, off-roading, one beer plus one shot of tequila - type. His comment is that he gets worn out every time he goes to Korea for consulting, because they are virtually required to join their boss and colleagues after work each night for dinner and drinks until late into the night.... and the cycle repeats daily. It might just be the companies that he consults/contracts for, but he says it's been uniform among all 3.

Go Trump Go.

I have to admit that I’m blown away at what he decides to tackle, how he tackles them, and the results. While this NKO thing is in its infancy, the early results are astonishing. I recognize that some deeply dislike this man, but I believe he’s the right person at the right time for our country. The American people saw this and gave him the opportunity. He’s accomplished so much in less than two years that I truly can not imagine and fathom what a full eight years of Trump as POTUS would be able to do.

and just think what he could do if half of the country weren't obstructionists.

It's hilarious watching the MSM run all over themselves finding ways to tout this summit as a complete waste of time and that nothing was achieved. Really just amazing to see certain media outlets finding any way possible to negatively report on something that could end up being a massive achievement for a US President. They act as if every detail wasn't worked out in one single meeting, then Trump came back with nothing. Good grief. Nuclear reduction treaties with the Soviet Union like SALT, SALT II, START, etc. took years to hammer out the details until they were both agreed upon.

It's hilarious watching the MSM run all over themselves finding ways to tout this summit as a complete waste of time and that nothing was achieved. Really just amazing to see certain media outlets finding any way possible to negatively report on something that could end up being a massive achievement for a US President. They act as if every detail wasn't worked out in one single meeting, then Trump came back with nothing. Good grief. Nuclear reduction treaties with the Soviet Union like SALT, SALT II, START, etc. took years to hammer out the details until they were both agreed upon.

Exactly. Not to mention what work and word has been done prior.

They'll tell us how ruthless Trump is at the expense of others, yet they'll say how naive and careless he is with others (Kim). Which is it?

I tend to believe no summit was going to happen until SOMETHING was said to make Trump AND Kim want to participate.

There are more fine details to hash, but that doesn't mean details don't already exist.

Exactly. Not to mention what work and word has been done prior.

They'll tell us how ruthless Trump is at the expense of others, yet they'll say how naive and careless he is with others (Kim). Which is it?

I tend to believe no summit was going to happen until SOMETHING was said to make Trump AND Kim want to participate.

There are more fine details to hash, but that doesn't mean details don't already exist.
Not to mention, first the MSM morons criticize Trump for being undiplomatic & insulting to Kim Jong Un, and question Trump's ability to be diplomatic. Then they do a 180 and criticize him for being diplomatic & friendly. :confused::confused:

Not to mention, first the MSM morons criticize Trump for being undiplomatic & insulting to Kim Jong Un, and question Trump's ability to be diplomatic. Then they do a 180 and criticize him for being diplomatic & friendly. :confused::confused:

Its like Reagan said........if he walked on water the media would criticize him for not being able to swim

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT