ADVERTISEMENT

No matter what your stripes, prayer must be made for some kind of peace

Never any offense my friend; I will be glad to change my tune on the issue if I read anything differently to correct the account. I wanted to believe in Camelot and JFK did some great things as a Patriot, war Hero and deeply flawed human being

I live near the border with Mexico, Phoenix, and can tell you that most national Mexicans I talk with, (people I already know) tell me they don't want the illegal immigrants in Mexico either; I don't like the kids being separated but one thing I know the media is NOT telling, is that almost all those kids are getting better care and treatment with us in the US, than they have ever had in their lives; they are first of all safe, and healthy, and given 3 hot meals a day.....many have never used indoor toilets, they are learning and need to as their countries also don't have the childhood immunization programs we do, so those kids can infect people here as carriers; they have to be checked to see if they need to be in quarantine as a health matter; there is a LOT to this NOT being told that is NOT BAD.

I live near the border with Mexico, Phoenix, and can tell you that most national Mexicans I talk with, (people I already know) tell me they don't want the illegal immigrants in Mexico either; I don't like the kids being separated but one thing I know the media is NOT telling, is that almost all those kids are getting better care and treatment with us in the US, than they have ever had in their lives; they are first of all safe, and healthy, and given 3 hot meals a day.....many have never used indoor toilets, they are learning and need to as their countries also don't have the childhood immunization programs we do, so those kids can infect people here as carriers; they have to be checked to see if they need to be in quarantine as a health matter; there is a LOT to this NOT being told that is NOT BAD.

EXCELLENT! All this because of an inscription on the Statue of Liberty written in 1883. Situations and times change. We’re no longer building a new nation. We shouldn’t have to take anyone that comes knocking on our door any longer.

Reactions: iasooner1
So you believe in a strict adherence to the constitution and no doubt the literal translation of each amendment but the words on the Statue of Liberty ? You can't have it both ways. Illegal is not the definition of "seeking asylum."

Reactions: Schoonerman
So you believe in a strict adherence to the constitution and no doubt the literal translation of each amendment but the words on the Statue of Liberty ? You can't have it both ways. Illegal is not the definition of "seeking asylum."
And trying to cross over the border without detection and violating immigration laws is not the definition of "seeking asylum".

I don’t know where you ever saw one of my post touting that I agree wholeheartedly with everything in the constitution. I personally feel the constitution needs work to apply to what’s happening today. I respect the constitution but it needs change and that can only occur via Congress. I don’t agree with immigration laws that costs me for taking care of people we don’t even need in the country. I don’t have a strong opinion on abortion, I have no issue with gays marrying, I believe there should be stricter gun laws but feel strongly in the right to bear arms. That being said I am for smaller government, capitalism, restricted welfare, and most everything else that is a GOP platform. Yet I consider myself an Independent today (I’ve never voted democratic) because what the party has become. And I blame most of that on our do nothing Congress. So “yes” I can have it both ways. I obey the laws but I don’t agree with the all laws including asylum for just anyone. America is in debt and one day our citizens will pay a big price for trying to be the world’s savior. Just my opinion. You certainly have the right to feel as you do, and so do I. Let’s just agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT