ADVERTISEMENT

No matter what your stripes, prayer must be made for some kind of peace

Current stats show that 26% of Americans call themselves Republicans; 29% are Democrats; 43% are independents. This tells me that many Americans, like me, dont like or support either party and want to see this country move forward in a pragmatic thoughtful manner that initiates policy based on what is in the best interest of the majority of its citizens, not a hard core minority who are totally self-interested.

Reactions: CTOkie
Current stats show that 26% of Americans call themselves Republicans; 29% are Democrats; 43% are independents. This tells me that many Americans, like me, dont like or support either party and want to see this country move forward in a pragmatic thoughtful manner that initiates policy based on what is in the best interest of the majority of its citizens, not a hard core minority who are totally self-interested.
Hence why Trump won. The other side is more interested in doing what's best for people are aren't citizens of this country, and are blatantly breaking the immigration laws of this country trying to get in.

Read Republican Max Boot's editorial in this morning's Washington Post...and do not dismiss just because it's in the Post. Boot nails it!

Read Republican Max Boot's editorial in this morning's Washington Post...and do not dismiss just because it's in the Post. Boot nails it!
Good lord...I actually went to look it up and read it. And within a few paragraphs there is this little nugget,

Trump’s barbarous policy of taking children away from their parents as punishment for the misdemeanor offense of illegally entering the country. While two-thirds of Americans disapproved of this state-sanctioned child abuse, forcing the president to back down

So he is already resorting to straight up lies. I'm really not going to waste anymore of my time to read any further than that. Not to mention he had already started off pushing the white-nationalist rhetoric as well.

Though I can relate about him leaving the Republican party since I'm an independent as well. I got fed up with both parties years ago. But hey, if he was part of the Republican party who left because of Trump, then he is part of the problem as to why I left the Republican party years ago. Maybe he needs to look in the mirror as to why Trump got control of the party in the first place.

Feel the same way.
I read recently that of the 3,142 state counties within the United States, only 175 were won by the Democrats in the last election.....yet all I hear among the tantrums by liberals is how they won the popular vote and how they hate (but certainly don’t understand) the Electoral College System.
Well hell just go by the 2016 election map and it will tell you all you need to know as to what candidate represented to majority of the country.

That's ALOT OF RED!!!!!

2016-US-President-by-Precinct-1460x820-min.png

Separating children from parents is nothing new. It's been going on in East St. Louis, East Cleveland, South Chicago, Baltimore, Jersey City, Belle Gardens, Watts, Camden, Gary, City of Industry, East L. A., etc for more than 50 years. These communities make the border look like a picnic. Amerikan Pravda concentrates on the border because they have an agenda.

As always, BillyRay gets it.

I'll also state that it's my belief that a so called 'Independant' voter so is voter that isn't principled in their belief politically. The Independant likes to claim they vote for the individual as opposed to the party. It's a cop out. An easy way to blow with the direction of the latest political wind(s).

What evidence do you have to support any of this. I'm glad you at least prefaced it with stating it was your belief.

Lumping all people together as having the same ideas and motivations based on a label is a major problem and people really need to stop doing it. While I'm sure some people "blow with the direction of the...winds", I would state my views are very principled and don't often change "with the wind".

There are many different levels of conservatives in the Republican party as is there are many diffent levels of progressives in the Democratic party. To me, an Independant is one who can't figure out what he/she is or believes in because they have no principled thoughts or direction.

Are you saying you have to identify with one side or the other, otherwise you have no principled thoughts or direction? Wow. How about, if you toe the line with either side, you HAVE to be succumbing to the thoughts and ideas of someone else as it is more likely than not that you have some difference of opinion than your party of choice. If you blindly follow your party's ENTIRE platform, that is the actions of someone not thinking entirely for themselves. The independent voter numbers are growing because they are tired of being told what to think and believe, and would like to have the own opinions.

The 2 major parties seem to exist to benefit only themselves, and not the county as a whole. They also only seem to take care of themselves. If you think for once either side gives a rats ass how us peons fare, you're kidding yourself. Ever ask yourself why members of Congress vote along party lines to much? You think maybe they care less about how their voters think, and more about the people that bankroll them think?

Reactions: Oklabama and CTOkie
Yes, it is my belief.

Look, voting for anyone is difficult these days. My point is that I do not like Trump as a person. He is/was one candidate that would have been easy to just not cast a vote for, as some Never Trumpers did. I couldn't though. I believed that in the long run he would have been better for our nation than Hillary. At the time of the election, few, very few projected Trump to win. Knowing this, I also knew he needed my vote. Because of this, he got it. I was principled in my vote. I didn't hide behind whether my county, city, or state would 'waste' my vote. I did all I could to support the appointment of conservative justices.

A vote for a 3rd party candidate is in most cases the wasted vote. The two party system is by title only. Within both parties, are many different levels of a conservative or a progressive. Meaning many different parties. Seldom will a candidate fulfill everything we all want and wish for. But a third party candidate will never ever get elected. They're wasted votes.

Snowflake part 2,
If we think we've witnessed all the meltdowns one could muster from election night, wait until the next Justice is seated. It's going to be fun to watch.

Votes matter. Elections matter.
Trump wins and the court goes Conservative.
Hillary wins and the court goes Liberal.

Votes matter. Elections matter.
Trump wins and the court goes Conservative.
Hillary wins and the court goes Liberal.
Damn straight!!

Right now libs/dems are freaking out over the future of overturning Roe vs Wade, and LBGT rights.

But had Hillary won, right now a huge portion of this country would be freaking out over the future of 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm reading an older book now titled The Kennedy Curse; Why tragedy has haunted America's 1st Fam for 150 years by Edward Klein.
It's interesting that FDR had a fairly worthless son named Jimmy on the WH payroll. Jimmy was given the task of telling JFK's Dad he got the Ambassadorship to Britain in late '38. Old Joe was all about appeasement to Hitler (at least in the beginning). FDR screwed him out of a POTUS bid in '40 as he had more of the '4th estate' in his deep pockets

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I don't look at professional wrestling as a major cultural event. I've just been reading about The Von Erich Curse. Professional star wrestler Fritz Von Erich had three sons precede him in death by suicide. His first born by electrocution at seven years and another by a disease I don't recall. The wrestling world believes a drug overdose caused the death in a Tokyo hotel room. A tragic story.

I don't look at professional wrestling as a major cultural event. I've just been reading about The Von Erich Curse. Professional star wrestler Fritz Von Erich had three sons precede him in death by suicide. His first born by electrocution at seven years and another by a disease I don't recall. The wrestling world believes a drug overdose caused the death in a Tokyo hotel room. A tragic story.

Remember the “Iron Claw”?

I'm reading an older book now titled The Kennedy Curse; Why tragedy has haunted America's 1st Fam for 150 years by Edward Klein.
It's interesting that FDR had a fairly worthless son named Jimmy on the WH payroll. Jimmy was given the task of telling JFK's Dad he got the Ambassadorship to Britain in late '38. Old Joe was all about appeasement to Hitler (at least in the beginning). FDR screwed him out of a POTUS bid in '40 as he had more of the '4th estate' in his deep pockets

The more I read about JFK the slimier he becomes; gave Jackie std's that resulted in the loss of their first son, had MANY others besides Marilyn & Fiddle/Faddle that drove his Secret Service nutz. Paved the way for WJC who couldn't hold a cigar to JFK's exploits although he tried

The more I read about JFK the slimier he becomes; gave Jackie std's that resulted in the loss of their first son, had MANY others besides Marilyn & Fiddle/Faddle that drove his Secret Service nutz. Paved the way for WJC who couldn't hold a cigar to JFK's exploits although he tried

OMFG. Are you kidding me? That is complete and utter b.s. about JFK giving his wife and STD that resulted in their child being miscarried. There is no proof to what you've "read" because it is clearly conjecture and an outright lie. Or as Putin's boy would say, "Fake News!"

Last edited:
OMFG. Are you kidding me? That is complete and utter b.s. about JFK giving his wife and STD that resulted in their child being miscarried. There is no proof to what you've "read" because it is clearly conjecture and an outright lie. Or as Putin's boy would say, "Fake News!"

The first boy was born in August of '60 premature, lived for 2 days and died, according to the author Klein (Kennedy biographer, NY Times author) as a result of VD complications

Last edited:

You mean your President!

The first boy was born in August of '60 premature, lived for 2 days and died, according to the author Klein (Kennedy biographer, NY Times author) as a result of VD complications
Jackie Kennedy had 5 pregnancies. Her first in 1955 resulted in a miscarriage during the first trimester. Her second was Arabella who was stillborn in 1956 I believe. Caroline was born in 1957. John Jr. was born prematurely in 1960. Patrick was born prematurely in 1963 and died shortly after birth from what used to be called hyaline membrane disease. It's now called infant respiratory distress syndrome and is mainly seen in premature infants. In 1963 not much was known and the only treatment available was hyperbaric oxygen therapy which we know now mostly didn't work. Management today consists of medication and various methods of ventilatory therapy.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT