ADVERTISEMENT

No matter what your stripes, prayer must be made for some kind of peace

I truly believe as an independent I am a part of the majority in this country but the extremes on both ends of the political spectrum are destroying the country as we know it.
You're calling what has become mainstream Democratic party talking points the "extreme." Screeches of Racism! Misogyny! Xenophobia! are daily themes by mainstream Democrats and the mainstream media. You've posted several of them yourself in this very thread. Your tacit agreement to that stuff makes you extreme by default if those views actually belonged to the extreme.

You're in the middle, but I don't think you have a clear idea what it is that you're in the middle of.

Interesting you say this... ^^^^^^^

Followed by this in the exact same post.^^^^^^^^

I guess we're supposed to think that although you don't know any of us on this board well enough to say we're racists, you know many of Trump's constituents well enough to know they're racists. That makes as much sense as going to a cattle auction to buy dolphins.

Sorry, but :rolleyes:.
LOL, great catch Medic!!

It's pretty clear though he is just toeing the line the MSM has fed him for the past couple of years. The best proof is what he posted earlier in this thread when he posted this about Trump...
take the side of white supremacists in Charlottesville,
Now anyone who listened to Trump speak after that tragedy it was crystal clear he was NOT taking sides with the white supremacists. But CNN and MSNBC took what he said, and twisted it into the narrative they wanted to turn it into. Trump really had no reason to come out later and specifically denounce the KKK for what happened that day. Because Trump was 100% correct in his first statement after it happened.

Reactions: Medic007
You're in the middle, but I don't think you have a clear idea what it is that you're in the middle of.
2gtwz831.gif

Democratic POTUS nominates liberals to the Supreme Court. Republican POTUS nominates conservatives to the Supreme Court. Is what’s happening all that surprising? And, guess what, Trump is likely to name a third. If Hillary had won she would have been in position to name liberals and the Republicans would have their panties up their cracks. As it is the Democratics are screwed and pissed about it because there’s no way for them to avoid a big shift of the Supreme Court. They should have nominated a better candidate than that bimbo so they have no one to blame for what’s happening than themselves.

I love how many here seem to have some clairvoyant view of how I have arrived at my view of things. I am a vociferous reader of all sides of the political, social, and economic spectrum. No one portion of the media, whether social, mass, print, or visual forms my opinions. Donald Trump is the most dangerous president in my lifetime. I believe that history will confirm the danger in his presidency. His appeal to a minority % of our country negates the role the office of the presidency as one of all the people. No president is perfect. No president hasn't made mistakes. Trump has set a new standard for presidential expectations and his actions speak much louder than any words written or spoken about him. I don't need any prompting from any form of media. I see the damage for myself and it makes me incredibly sad for the country.

I love how many here seem to have some clairvoyant view of how I have arrived at my view of things. I am a vociferous reader of all sides of the political, social, and economic spectrum. No one portion of the media, whether social, mass, print, or visual forms my opinions. Donald Trump is the most dangerous president in my lifetime. I believe that history will confirm the danger in his presidency. His appeal to a minority % of our country negates the role the office of the presidency as one of all the people. No president is perfect. No president hasn't made mistakes. Trump has set a new standard for presidential expectations and his actions speak much louder than any words written or spoken about him. I don't need any prompting from any form of media. I see the damage for myself and it makes me incredibly sad for the country.
It doesn't take a clairvoyant view. Many of your opinions and beliefs posted in this thread really are not unique. The majority of what you have said in here, is literally the same thing being thrown out there by the biased MSM. Again, your belief that Trump took the side of white supremacists in Charlottesville says it all.

I'm not a Trump fan. I didn't vote for him (or Hillary). I wish the guy I voted for would have won the election, but I understood when I wrote in his name it wasn't going to happen. But Donald Trump won the election, so he is my president.....like or not. I disagree with his pettiness and egomania. I don't like all his decisions, but I agree with others. There isn't anything that will stop him from serving his term, IMO. He is likely to win a second term. Actually, I am much more dissatisfied with Congress. I am so sick and tired of the constant far reaching antics from both sides. As it is now, not much will get done. The Congressional leaders are the most worthless group in our history in my opinion. Trump will not change, and apparently neither will the leadership of the House and Senate regardless who those leaders are. But as Donald says so often.....we will see. BTW, my guy would have kicked Hillary's ass too.

I'm not a Trump fan. I didn't vote for him (or Hillary). I wish the guy I voted for would have won the election, but I understood when I wrote in his name it wasn't going to happen. But Donald Trump won the election, so he is my president.....like or not. I disagree with his pettiness and egomania. I don't like all his decisions, but I agree with others. There isn't anything that will stop him from serving his term, IMO. He is likely to win a second term. Actually, I am much more dissatisfied with Congress. I am so sick and tired of the constant far reaching antics from both sides. As it is now, not much will get done. The Congressional leaders are the most worthless group in our history in my opinion. Trump will not change, and apparently neither will the leadership of the House and Senate regardless who those leaders are. But as Donald says so often.....we will see. BTW, my guy would have kicked Hillary's ass too.
I did not vote either in 2016. First time since 1972 that I didn't.
I get fed up with voting for the lesser of two evils, and Connecticut will remain a blue state regardless of my vote or lack thereof.
Much sacrifice has been made to give me the right to vote, so not voting....even under these circumstances...was not what I wanted.
And like Oklabama, it is Congress that I resent most.
In my youth I looked upon the Capital Building in Washington with admiration, respect and a deep sense of patriotism. I look at it now with anger and sadness...and even embarrassment.

Last edited:
I love how many here seem to have some clairvoyant view of how I have arrived at my view of things.
You're the one that's been posting the stuff. We aren't putting words in your mouth.

Donald Trump is the most dangerous president in my lifetime.
His appeal to a minority % of our country negates the role the office of the presidency as one of all the people.
I see the damage for myself and it makes me incredibly sad for the country.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't need any prompting from any form of media.
Yet the hyperbole you continue to post reads right off the script of Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar, Arianna Huffington, CNN, Slate, Think Progress, Salon, etc. You keep trying to shuffle the shells, but then you show us what is under each after the shuffle and expect us to play obtuse. I'm not sure why you seem ashamed of what media you read/watch.

You need to read more and watch less of MSNBC & CNN. Can you name one thing in the first 500 days that Trump has done wrong to or against the Black Communities across the country?

Specifically, identify the damage you speak of that Trump has done to the United States?

What is the new standard for Presidential expectations you speak of that is wrong and that is detrimental to the country?

I'll also state that it's my belief that a so called 'Independant' voter so is voter that isn't principled in their belief politically. The Independant likes to claim they vote for the individual as opposed to the party. It's a cop out. An easy way to blow with the direction of the latest political wind(s).

There are many different levels of conservatives in the Republican party as is there are many diffent levels of progressives in the Democratic party. To me, an Independant is one who can't figure out what he/she is or believes in because they have no principled thoughts or direction.

CT, I ask that you not take this personal because I recognize that you clearly have the choice in life to not exercise your vote. But Sir, w/ all due respect, please don't use the reasoning that your local government, city. county, state will vote a certain direction anyway, with or without your vote. Many voters crossed over party lines to bring Trump his victory. Many. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and even Florida (lately) have been traditional Blue states. They went Red because each and every individual vote counted. These votes collectively turned their counties Red from Blue, then these states Red from Blue and finally the country Red form Blue, which earned Trump his Presidency. So yes, even in a traditionally heavy Red state or Blue state, votes do matter and make a huge difference. Vote or don't vote on the candidates merits as you wish, but voting does matter, regardless of where you're voting.

I'll also state that it's my belief that a so called 'Independant' voter so is voter that isn't principled in their belief politically. The Independant likes to claim they vote for the individual as opposed to the party. It's a cop out. An easy way to blow with the direction of the latest political wind(s).

There are many different levels of conservatives in the Republican party as is there are many diffent levels of progressives in the Democratic party. To me, an Independant is one who can't figure out what he/she is or believes in because they have no principled thoughts or direction.

CT, I ask that you not take this personal because I recognize that you clearly have the choice in life to not exercise your vote. But Sir, w/ all due respect, please don't use the reasoning that your local government, city. county, state will vote a certain direction anyway, with or without your vote. Many voters crossed over party lines to bring Trump his victory. Many. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and even Florida (lately) have been traditional Blue states. They went Red because each and every individual vote counted. These votes collectively turned their counties Red from Blue, then these states Red from Blue and finally the country Red form Blue, which earned Trump his Presidency. So yes, even in a traditionally heavy Red state or Blue state, votes do matter and make a huge difference. Vote or don't vote on the candidates merits as you wish, but voting does matter, regardless of where you're voting.

I don’t want to start anything but simply would like to know had Gary Johnson been the GOP candidate would you have voted for him?

WNAS:
Connecticut is and has been a blue state, even when it’s had a Republican governor. Voting Republican in this state has historically been wasted, but I will say if there had been a Republican candidate I admired I would have voted for him/her. My problem is I don’t admire any politician.
Contrary to your statement on being “principled”.....it’s because I am principled that prevented me from voting in the 2016 election. Voting along straight party lines is not necessarily voting based on principles and it too often is based on blind illinformed beliefs and loyalties.

WNAS:
Connecticut is and has been a blue state, even when it’s had a Republican governor. Voting Republican in this state has historically been wasted, but I will say if there had been a Republican candidate I admired I would have voted for him/her. My problem is I don’t admire any politician.
Contrary to your statement on being “principled”.....it’s because I am principled that prevented me from voting in the 2016 election. Voting along straight party lines is not necessarily voting based on principles and it too often is based on blind illinformed beliefs and loyalties.

I agree.

I don’t want to start anything but simply would like to know had Gary Johnson been the GOP candidate would you have voted for him?

That's a hypothetical question and my answer of course would be purely hypotheitcal as well. The fact is, Gary Johnson would not, could not, and did not win the GOP race. My vote would have been of more anti-Democrat than pro Republican. Pretty much as it was with Trump. Having said this, Trump beat out the largest field of Republicans ever to run for President. There was every type of layer of a Republican one could muster. He beat them all. I voted Trump soley based on what I thought was needed. Conservative Justices being appointed to the Supreme Court. I did not vote on his rhetoric etc. Only his promise to appoint conservatives Justices. We're now getting the opportunity to select another conservative justice. Having said this, I've screwed up twice when voting for a President. I cast a vote for Jimmy Carter because I thought I should be loyal to the party my family belonged to. Then there was a time I voted for Perot thinking I would be an Indepenent and cast a vote outside of the box. Ultimately, the only thing that happened then was my vote along with many other Perot votes allowed Clinton to occupy the White House.

WNAS:

While I disagree with your reasoning, I do respect your response. All I'm saying is that you shoul not use the excuse that your vote would have been wasted. Your vote does matter. Unfortunately for you, because you chose not to vote, you personally can't partake in having a assisted in the changing of the Supreme Court which will effect our lives far greater than a four year or eight term of any President including Trump.

That's a hypothetical question and my answer of course would be purely hypotheitcal as well. The fact is, Gary Johnson would not, could not, and did not win the GOP race. My vote would have been of more anti-Democrat than pro Republican. Pretty much as it was with Trump. Having said this, Trump beat out the largest field of Republicans ever to run for President. There was every type of layer of a Republican one could muster. He beat them all. I voted Trump soley based on what I thought was needed. Conservative Justices being appointed to the Supreme Court. I did not vote on his rhetoric etc. Only his promise to appoint conservatives Justices. We're now getting the opportunity to select another conservative justice.
That's me as well. I want Justices that are committed to the Constitution and individual liberty, not any political ideology. I think trying to overturn RvW, gay marriage, etc will be really, really dumb at this point though. That said, in regards to RvW, I do think we need "common sense" abortion laws just as we have "common sense" gun laws.

In addition to SCOTUS appointments to protect my rights, I also voted for Trump to begin tax reform, enforce immigration laws, restore American strength globally, destroy ISIS with prejudice, support the military and law enforcement, get us out of agreements that were based on political alarmism and poor decisions for the "optics," rid us of excessive regulation, eliminate the Obamacare individual mandate, replace Obamacare with something that actually addresses the issues in healthcare costs, begin welfare reforms, become a business friendly government, and to give a big middle finger to the direction of the Democratic party.

At this point, I'm very surprised and pleased. I don't like the guy and never have, but I like his results and that's the only thing that matters to me anymore. We had 16 years of "optics" and poor to mediocre results. It was time to give the keys to the guy that didn't look anything like the previous two. As they say, fool me once... fool me twice...

That's a hypothetical question and my answer of course would be purely hypotheitcal as well. The fact is, Gary Johnson would not, could not, and did not win the GOP race. My vote would have been of more anti-Democrat than pro Republican. Pretty much as it was with Trump. Having said this, Trump beat out the largest field of Republicans ever to run for President. There was every type of layer of a Republican one could muster. He beat them all. I voted Trump soley based on what I thought was needed. Conservative Justices being appointed to the Supreme Court. I did not vote on his rhetoric etc. Only his promise to appoint conservatives Justices. We're now getting the opportunity to select another conservative justice. Having said this, I've screwed up twice when voting for a President. I cast a vote for Jimmy Carter because I thought I should be loyal to the party my family belonged to. Then there was a time I voted for Perot thinking I would be an Indepenent and cast a vote outside of the box. Ultimately, the only thing that happened then was my vote along with many other Perot votes allowed Clinton to occupy the White House.

So I will take that as a “yes” in that you would be voting against the Democratic candidate. Yep, Johnson would never be the candidate. I’ve never voted for a democrat but I voted for Perot too. I still believe he was the best man for the job at that time. My vote definitely didn’t hurt Bush. He carried Oklahoma as would Gary Johnson would as a GOP candidate.

So I will take that as a “yes” in that you would be voting against the Democratic candidate. Yep, Johnson would never be the candidate. I’ve never voted for a democrat but I voted for Perot too. I still believe he was the best man for the job at that time. My vote definitely didn’t hurt Bush. He carried Oklahoma as would Gary Johnson would as a GOP candidate.

Makes me wonder how many votes that Johnson took from Hillary. With a socialist being brought on board as a
NY Democrat, and with the young people's socilist movement to the extreme far left taking place, it makes me wonder how many blue dog Dems will leave the party going forward. I think this is why we are witnessing so much strange angst and rhetoric from the left these days. They are attempting to rally support base & do so from a new base, the illegal immigrant.

Reactions: Oklabama
it makes me wonder how many blue dog Dems will leave the party going forward.
It isn't just blue dog Dems that are leaving. Sensible liberals are leaving too. The Democratic party has gone insane. They are eating their own trying to be more virtuous than the next person. Where are all the moderate Democrats right now? They're hiding because they don't want to be attacked for speaking out against the lunacy.

If you haven't seen the #WalkAway movement, worth a look. Use that hashtag and take a look at Twitter. There's a bunch of people that have tired of the direction of the Democratic party, just like I did in 2009. And check out this video. It explains it all.

Makes me wonder how many votes that Johnson took from Hillary. With a socialist being brought on board as a
NY Democrat, and with the young people's socilist movement to the extreme far left taking place, it makes me wonder how many blue dog Dems will leave the party going forward. I think this is why we are witnessing so much strange angst and rhetoric from the left these days. They are attempting to rally support base & do so from a new base, the illegal immigrant.

WNAS, I truly believe there were at least three Republican candidates other than Trump that would have beaten Hillary. She was a bad candidate that ran a bad campaign. I hope she runs again. She won’t win the ticket but I would just like to see her no down again. :D

Reactions: BillyRay
That's me as well. I want Justices that are committed to the Constitution and individual liberty, not any political ideology. I think trying to overturn RvW, gay marriage, etc will be really, really dumb at this point though. That said, in regards to RvW, I do think we need "common sense" abortion laws just as we have "common sense" gun laws.

In addition to SCOTUS appointments to protect my rights, I also voted for Trump to begin tax reform, enforce immigration laws, restore American strength globally, destroy ISIS with prejudice, support the military and law enforcement, get us out of agreements that were based on political alarmism and poor decisions for the "optics," rid us of excessive regulation, eliminate the Obamacare individual mandate, replace Obamacare with something that actually addresses the issues in healthcare costs, begin welfare reforms, become a business friendly government, and to give a big middle finger to the direction of the Democratic party.

At this point, I'm very surprised and pleased. I don't like the guy and never have, but I like his results and that's the only thing that matters to me anymore. We had 16 years of "optics" and poor to mediocre results. It was time to give the keys to the guy that didn't look anything like the previous two. As they say, fool me once... fool me twice...
It may not be in my lifetime, but I actually believe that there will be a day when RvW is overturned. As a society, we are continuing to grow intellectually and scientifically. In the early 70's, it was a very liberal Supreme Court that basically said we are a glob of human tissue/mass before being born. Technology has shown us that we as a human race are more than glob of human mass. Slavery at one time was endorsed by the SC as well and it was rightfully overturned. I truly believe that there will be a day of reckoning when we as a society wake up to realize that our nation's citizens, through the use of the court system are allowed to murder innocents.

While I disagree with your reasoning, I do respect your response. All I'm saying is that you shoul not use the excuse that your vote would have been wasted. Your vote does matter. Unfortunately for you, because you chose not to vote, you personally can't partake in having a assisted in the changing of the Supreme Court which will effect our lives far greater than a four year or eight term of any President including Trump.
My beliefs are not about making excuses.

WNAS, I truly believe there were at least three Republican candidates other than Trump that would have beaten Hillary. She was a bad candidate that ran a bad campaign. I hope she runs again. She won’t win the ticket but I would just like to see her no down again. :D

I think you are right to some degree. Meaning, I also believe that this nation was ready for someone different. And while Hillary was a bad candidate, Trump was a great candidate. It'simpossible to beat Hillary when you can't beat those in your primary.

When Trump did the water bottle spillage mocking Rubio, I knew right then things were going to be completely different going forward. And they were. He got my attention right then. His debate answers earned my vote.

You may be right, but I don't agree. Trump's relentless attacks on her and the other Republican candidates was the key to his win. Hillary wasn't attacked enough by other GOP candidates....Trump opened the flood gates.
Aside from knocking Hillary out of contention, I liked Trump's attack of Bush 43....that he unleashed in debating Jeb Bush....for getting the US into the Middle East debacle.

Reactions: BillyRay

OK, so here's your hypothectical question.... You're not in Oklahoma any longer. You're casting your vote for POTUS in a state split right down the middle per all opinion polls..
49.5 Republican
49.5 Demcratic
1.0 Liberitarian

Knowing your vote DOES not only makes a diffence, but it makes a huge difference, how do you vote?

I believe more than anything else, Hilliars defeat was caused by (a) Comey's turning on her three or so weeks before the election (b) Bill's tarmac meeting with Lynch (c) her blatant theft from Bernie and (d) her running an elitist campaign. This can be backed up by the book Chasing Hillary by a NYT journalist that covered her in '08 through '16

It isn't just blue dog Dems that are leaving. Sensible liberals are leaving too. The Democratic party has gone insane. They are eating their own trying to be more virtuous than the next person. Where are all the moderate Democrats right now? They're hiding because they don't want to be attacked for speaking out against the lunacy.

If you haven't seen the #WalkAway movement, worth a look. Use that hashtag and take a look at Twitter. There's a bunch of people that have tired of the direction of the Democratic party, just like I did in 2009. And check out this video. It explains it all.

That's a powerful video. As I stated earlier, I walked away in 1980 and never looked back.

a) Comey's turning on her three or so weeks before the election
G Man, Happy 4th big guy! I need to call you.

Comey didn't turn on Clinton. Comey had to do what he did because McCabe and Co. tried to slow walk the information about the emails on Weiner's laptop. Rudy Giuliani made a comment during an interview on Oct 26th, 2016 about a big surprise coming which led to McCabe emailing Comey at 0500 the following morning Oct 27th saying they needed to meet urgently. Comey wrote the letter to Congress that day and publicly announced it soon after, even though McCabe and Co. knew about the development more than a month before. McCabe figured out that NY FBI field agents probably leaked info to Giuliani. This revelation came out in Comey's book.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/...y-rudy-giuliani-hints-at-ties-to-the-fbi.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ed-with-andrew-mccabe-it-wasnt-conspiracy-fbi

OK, so here's your hypothectical question.... You're not in Oklahoma any longer. You're casting your vote for POTUS in a state split right down the middle per all opinion polls..
49.5 Republican
49.5 Demcratic
1.0 Liberitarian

Knowing your vote DOES not only makes a diffence, but it makes a huge difference, how do you vote?

Of course, I’ve never not cast a vote.

Sorry. I misread your question. Well, I’ve never voted for a Democrat, but I wouldn’t blindly vote for a Republican if he were say Gary Johnson. In that case I’d pick the Liberitarian if it was Senator Paul. If you’re looking for whether or not I’d vote for Trump the honest answer is I’m not certain. Maybe I’ll change my mind. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyNotaSooner

I've been seeing the #WalkAway movement here and there, but first time I've seen that video. Man, that video is loaded with legit truth about the direction of the left and lunatic Democrats.

G Man, Happy 4th big guy! I need to call you.

Comey didn't turn on Clinton. Comey had to do what he did because McCabe and Co. tried to slow walk the information about the emails on Weiner's laptop. Rudy Giuliani made a comment during an interview on Oct 26th, 2016 about a big surprise coming which led to McCabe emailing Comey at 0500 the following morning Oct 27th saying they needed to meet urgently. Comey wrote the letter to Congress that day and publicly announced it soon after, even though McCabe and Co. knew about the development more than a month before. McCabe figured out that NY FBI field agents probably leaked info to Giuliani. This revelation came out in Comey's book.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/...y-rudy-giuliani-hints-at-ties-to-the-fbi.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ed-with-andrew-mccabe-it-wasnt-conspiracy-fbi

Of course that's a valid point; Comey was more like in full CYA mode. It just appeared the way I suggested based on his sweeping her under the rug in the summer then 'revising' it so late. Another factor was Bubba's withering and non-support all through the process. If he wasn't so decrepit he was probably the most influential pol of the late 20th Century.

Call me anytime Sean

Of course that's a valid point; Comey was more like in full CYA mode. It just appeared the way I suggested based on his sweeping her under the rug in the summer then 'revising' it so late. Another factor was Bubba's withering and non-support all through the process. If he wasn't so decrepit he was probably the most influential pol of the late 20th Century.

Call me anytime Sean
I'll call soon. The schedule has been maddening since May.

Reactions: iasooner1
Of course, I’ve never not cast a vote.

Sorry. I misread your question. Well, I’ve never voted for a Democrat, but I wouldn’t blindly vote for a Republican if he were say Gary Johnson. In that case I’d pick the Liberitarian if it was Senator Paul. If you’re looking for whether or not I’d vote for Trump the honest answer is I’m not certain. Maybe I’ll change my mind. We’ll see.
Feel the same way.
I read recently that of the 3,142 state counties within the United States, only 175 were won by the Democrats in the last election.....yet all I hear among the tantrums by liberals is how they won the popular vote and how they hate (but certainly don’t understand) the Electoral College System.

Here's a couple of things to ponder: has any organization had sustained success with a 61% turnover rate. How does a tariff war help an industry that is booming along the Texas gulf coast when its largest potential customer is the target of the tariffs? As LNG plants and export docks are going up from Lake Charles to Corpus, tariffs on sophisticated steel products manufactured elsewhere are hampering the industry's ability to take advantage of the largest potential market...China, which is fast tracking the closing of its coal fired plants and replacing them with LNG.

Scott Pruitt's resignation has a similar feel to it than a potential Trump vacate of the presidency...the new acting director of EPA is a former coal lobbyist who is much more likely to do damage but quietly and behind the scenes. Ditto Mike Pence...far more dangerous than Trump. Pruitt is/was a crook. He was literally owned by Devon. I have family and friends who are members of prestigious law firms in OK who will tell you as much.

ADVERTISEMENT