ADVERTISEMENT

Time for OU vs Rock Chalk pigskin prognostications. Who ya got?

Could see a loss or more coming after UCF game. Need more studs especially on offense. Defense is improved but still not good enough.
Still ahead of my preseason record prediction of 10-3. Lots of work needed if we will get to that.
Ever since texass this team has regressed. Oh well, it is what it is.

Could see a loss or more coming after UCF game. Need more studs especially on offense. Defense is improved but still not good enough.
Still ahead of my preseason record prediction of 10-3. Lots of work needed if we will get to that.
Ever since texass this team has regressed. Oh well, it is what it is.

Yeah, I think some people were going overboard with the proclamation that this was the greatest defense in 20 years after beating those early season cupcakes. The decent competition in the recent games have put up quite a bit of yardage and points.

Yeah, I think some people were going overboard with the proclamation that this was the greatest defense in 20 years after beating those early season cupcakes. The decent competition in the recent games have put up quite a bit of yardage and points.
Never heard that talk.

I guess a pick 6 can change a whole game plan. Smh.

That was a hitch.

The middle of the field and deeper shots were available the whole game and Lebby refused to try.

Defense was once again out of position and had poor discipline up front.

This teams needs some soul searching and to hope for chaos.

That was a hitch.

The middle of the field and deeper shots were available the whole game and Lebby refused to try.

Zero passing game. I'm so God dam pissed off the idiot Dr Phil couldn't fix me. DANG ALMIGHTY!

Last edited:
That was a hitch.

It was an RPO and Gabriel should have handed it off cause the back had a huge hole to run through. DG is not a Heisman candidate and OU is not a playoff team, now that this loss is out of the way just play football and hope to get into the Big 12 title game.

Walker was avg 6.1 yards today, he should have gotten the ball 3 straight times on that last drive to seal the win. Nick Anderson Mr. Touchdown had one catch.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
We have 4 games to play. We should win 2…..hopefully 3. A 9 or 10 win regular season is a big improvement over last year.
That we lost this one. There's a lady gonna fall in love with me tonight. Disappointment will be realized tomorrow morning.

This is on Lebby and his lack to pick up a freaking first down and seal the win.
I agree. He was calling plays designed to force KU to use those 3 TO. To much time was left in game for him to do that as I think he should have been focusing on picking up that 1Dwn. The D done its part intercepting that ball but Lebby and the Offense failed to put the game away

Reactions: Oklabama
We have 4 games to play. We should win 2…..hopefully 3. A 9 or 10 win regular season is a big improvement over last year.
Agree.
And look at the bigger picture:
As Riley bailed out and took Williams with him after 2021, and OU followed with a 6-7 record last year, could anyone here have seen a 2023 season where OU compiles a 7-1 record, a win over Texas, and three straight top ten recruiting seasons....with a team still very much in transition?
I have to say though, that Lebby's play calling was a big part of OU's loss today, especially following Downs' interception with 2-1/2 minutes left. OU was content to run off some time and force KU to burn its 3 timeouts.
And Dolby's personal foul earlier was inexcusable.

Agree.
And look at the bigger picture:
As Riley bailed out and took Williams with him after 2021, and OU followed with a 6-7 record last year, could anyone here have seen a 2023 season where OU compiles a 7-1 record, a win over Texas, and three straight top ten recruiting seasons....with a team still very much in transition?
I have to say though, that Lebby's play calling was a big part of OU's loss today, especially following Downs' interception with 2-1/2 minutes left. OU was content to run off some time and force KU to burn its 3 timeouts.
And Dolby's personal foul earlier was inexcusable.

Yeah, I really think we lost this game in the last 2 minutes. But we should have never put ourselves in that predicament. We got outplayed and out coached, IMO.

We needed one stop on 4th and six. Didn't get it... ballgame.
WP

I am not sure why BV didnt use one his remaing 2 TO to set his defense up for this play. In all honesty the game was lost when OU failed to pick up a first down after the the INT with only 2:30 plus to play.

I think we all are enjoying the ride but over the past 3 games we have seen the OU D still has some issues. The difference between last year and this year though is they have come up with some big stops or forcing turnovers this year compared to last season. I will give them a pass for the play your talking about as its just refreshing to see our D actually winning us some games this year.

The defense played average, the only bad calls I saw, the long QB run that we went to man coverage and the 4th and 4, the DB's played 5 yards back and high, spied the QB run way to long.
The pass game was what I expected, Gabriel doesn't have the arm for over 50-60 feet and be accurate, it looks like every Defensive coordinator has figured this out. Sawchuck and Majors, do not have the moves to make guys miss and Walker is a powerful RB, with some decent moves. Give him the rock
The defense looked tight most of the game and the arm tackles are frustrating

It looked like Dillon had the flu, slow or wrong decisions all day. If he runs the table he should be invited to NY but probably won’t win the trophy. Walker had his game going but then must have gotten hurt a little ?
It’s obvious we can’t win without Stutsman, hurry back young man. I never saw a stop by Kanak, did he even play ?
I never thought we were playoff bound this year but if the OU of the RRR shows up for the rest of the games and wins a good bowl this season will be good enough (for me) and with the new class, should be good enough to compete next season in the sec sec.
Too many penalties

Last edited:
Why isn't Farooq catching passes downfield?
Farooq is a terrific number 2 receiver, but he's just not good enough to be a number one. There just isn't anybody on this remaining roster that can consistenly beat a good DB one-on-one when the chips are down.

I think OUr guys were just too cold today, especially our quarterback. I really don't think it's about play calling. Its mostly about O skill talent, or the lack of it. The injuries are a factor. But it starts in the run game. I think it's mostly about RB's. But the OL bears some bigtime responsibility. Right now, I don't think this assumption that we'd glide into the CCG is going to happen at all.

Did you see what West Virgina did today on the road at UCF? Cruised to a two touchdown win. If we can't beat UCF at home, and they''re winless in the conference, who can we beat. We just aren't very good, despite being 7-1. We are unfortunately at least a year away.

Maybe today will mean this is the year we beat Kansas at the Phog. Still not a good trade if so.

Last edited:
Farooq is a terrific number 2 receiver, but he's just not good enough to be a number one. There just isn't anybody on this remaining roster that can consistenly beat a good DB one-on-one when the chips are down.

I think OUr guys were just too cold today, especially our quarterback. I really don't think it's about play calling. Its mostly about O skill talent, or the lack of it. The injuries are a factor. But it starts in the run game. I think it's mostly about RB's. But the OL bears some bigtime responsibility. Right now, I don't think this assumption that we'd glide into the CCG is going to happen at all.

Did you see what West Virgina did today on the road at UCF? Cruised to a two touchdown win. If we can't beat UCF at home, and they''re winless in the conference, who can we beat. We just aren't very good, despite being 7-1. We are unfortunately at least a year away.
I agree with a lot of what you said but lets not use the “ cold “ excuse. KU had to play in it also. Not a single game left that will be easy.

For the record I think when people look at schedules, to many times they look at the names on the jersey and not the records and just how good these teams are. Ranked teams get all the exposure but many teams not ranked are really good also. The B12 has many good teams this year despite some experts opinions.

For the record I think when people look at schedules, to many times they look at the names on the jersey and not the records and just how good these teams are. Ranked teams get all the exposure but many teams not ranked are really good also. The B12 has many good teams this year despite some experts opinions.
Not when Kansas is playing its backup qb. Bean lost to Texas and OSU and beat CFU.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Not when Kansas is playing its backup qb. Bean lost to Texas and OSU and beat CFU.
Woody I think you are not giving Bean and KU enough credit. Sure he was the backup but he has started before. Your letting your emotions cloud your judgment of KU. Liepold has that program headed in the right direction.

Woody I think you are not giving Bean and KU enough credit. Sure he was the backup but he has started before. Your letting your emotions cloud your judgment of KU. Liepold has that program headed in the right direction.
My emotions tell me jayhawks must have some kind of secondary to shut down OUr vertical passing game. In my opinion Dillon can make it happen. This loss falls on play calls (Lebby). Just my opinion my man. 👍

Reactions: coeSooner81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT