ADVERTISEMENT

After the loss to Texass, did you think we would be in

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
To be quiet honest with you, I really thought another lost season. Wow was I wrong. Wow, look at us NOW. FEAR THE SOONERS!

To be quiet honest with you, I really thought another lost season. Wow was I wrong. Wow, look at us NOW. FEAR THE SOONERS!

No, as a matter of fact I thought we'd lose three more. TCU, Baylor and pokie.

However, and thankfully, those mysterious Sooners bitch slapped me back to the reality of...they're pretty freakin' good.:D

I admit I thought OU's dream of making the playoff was dead in the water after that loss to Texas. Not because that one loss was enough to keep OU out. But seeing how bad OU looked in that game, it would have been a pipe dream to think OU could win out the rest of the year.

That's why you will NOT see me complaining about OU slipping to #4, or complaining about who OU is playing, or complaining about OU not getting to play at the Cotton Bowl in the first round. Cuz at this point, OU just being in the playoff is a GIFT that after the Texas loss I didn't think would happen. So I'm happy either way.

I knew and said we were getting better every week with a lot of potential BEFORE the Texas game. After the Texas game, said we still had a lot of potential but stopped short of predicting wins/losses.

However, I DID say before Baylor if we won out we were in AND before the OSU game said if we made it in, we'd win it. We'll see.

Reactions: iasooner1
I admit I thought OU's dream of making the playoff was dead in the water after that loss to Texas. Not because that one loss was enough to keep OU out. But seeing how bad OU looked in that game, it would have been a pipe dream to think OU could win out the rest of the year.

That's why you will NOT see me complaining about OU slipping to #4, or complaining about who OU is playing, or complaining about OU not getting to play at the Cotton Bowl in the first round. Cuz at this point, OU just being in the playoff is a GIFT that after the Texas loss I didn't think would happen. So I'm happy either way.
Yes, I will not say One thing about #4 spot, I am truly amazed at where we landed. All tide up in a nice package. Go SOONERS

I thought we were looking at probably a couple more losses. This is turning out to be 2000 all over again. We are due for another natty.......85, 2000, 2015?

Reactions: BillyRay

Agree. OU getting into the playoffs in control of its own fate is all I ever could have hoped for. Prior to the Texas game I did not see a championship caliber team by any means and I was concerned about the Texas game, contrary to popular opinion.
I could go off and always claim everything is fine with the OU football program and take credit for saying it is when things do go right....but as a fan and follower of this team for many years, I can't always say that. I take the good with the not-so-good, and try to discuss both on this board. To me that's being a loyal and knowledgeable fan.

I saw fire in the Tenn game. I saw no emotion in the Texas game. After the loss, I did not believe they could make it w/o the help of others. But they did!

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I love being # 4 myself and believe it's a plus if anything. As far as the Clemson fan talking BS that's disrespect if you want to bring that up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT