ADVERTISEMENT

So who will be in and who gets screwed by the CFPC?

Yeah I think most would agree Washington and Michigan will move on but who knows.

yes but now they are playing with their 2nd and 3rd team qb. Makes a huge difference. After watching them beat Louisville it was obvious they are not one of the 4 best teams

Per the article that 22LR linked

Yes, Florida State is without starting QB Jordan Travis, meaning it would have to play with a quarterback who wasn't its opening-week starter in order to win a national title, and of course that couldn't happen. After all, only 2014 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, 2018 Clemson and 2021 Georgia did that. What are the odds that something that's happened 44% of the time would happen again?

Fsu is not one of the 4 best teams lol. They might not even be top 8 if we are being honest. You beat the #1 team that is 2 time defending champion then you get rewarded.

Fsu is not one of the 4 best teams and they play in a terrible conference. Is it fair? Idk but it is what it is. It’s Jordan Travis’ fault for breaking his leg lol. Just kidding

So if a Playoff teams QB is hurt in round one does that mean that team is inelgible for the title game?
The QB is injured excuse as to leaving FSU out is weak. They changed their directives to get Bama in. Can't put Bama in and not Texass because Texass beat Bama so FSU gets hosed. Its bs and everyone knows it.
Is the Big 12 as weak as they say the ACC is? I think so but a one loss Texass team got in while an undefeated FSU team gets snubbed. Meh.
Should have never been just a 4 team playoff with 5 conferences, was stupid to do it that way.

2014 Ohio State was #5 playing with a backup qb and they not only got in they won the whole thing.
Per the article that 22LR linked

Yes, Florida State is without starting QB Jordan Travis, meaning it would have to play with a quarterback who wasn't its opening-week starter in order to win a national title, and of course that couldn't happen. After all, only 2014 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, 2018 Clemson and 2021 Georgia did that. What are the odds that something that's happened 44% of the time would happen again?
Happened more than once.

Worst thing that could happen to FSU was a Georgia loss to Bama.
I am seeing people saying well FSU gets to prove now by playing Georgia in a Bowl Game that they should have been in the top 4. How so? By playing a team that didn't get in either, a team that will likely be depleted with Opt Outs. Its a no win situation for FSU, win and you get the "well Georgia didn't want to be there" or " we had a lot of our stars opt out so its not the same Georgia team that we saw all season." And you lose and you hear "see FSU didn't belong in the playoffs.
Its the SEC Bowl Loss Excuse we hear all the time. Bama did it after we beat them in the Sugar Bowl and Florida did as well a few yrs ago. I think Auburn did too last time we played them.

Last edited:
Worst thing that could happen to FSU was a Georgia loss to Bama.
I am seeing people saying well FSU gets to prove now by playing Georgia in a Bowl Game that they should have been in the top 4. How so? By playing a team that didn't get in either, a team that will likely be depleted with Opt Outs. Its a no win situation for FSU, win and you get the "well Georgia didn't want to be there" or " we had a lot of our stars opt out so its not the same Georgia team that we saw all season." And you lose and you hear "see FSU didn't belong in the playoffs.
Its the SEC Bowl Loss Excuse we hear all the time. Bama did it after we beat them in the Sugar Bowl and Florida did as well a few yrs ago. I think Auburn did too last time we played them.
This is exactly right. Larry continued to defend the committee but I wonder if he would feel the same way if this was OU being left out in the same scenario. Doubt he would and I completely understand the FSU fanbases, AD, and coaches anger. They got screwed for Bama just as OU got screwed out of a NY6 for SEC SEC crap

This is exactly right. Larry continued to defend the committee but I wonder if he would feel the same way if this was OU being left out in the same scenario. Doubt he would and I completely understand the FSU fanbases, AD, and coaches anger. They got screwed for Bama just as OU got screwed out of a NY6 for SEC SEC crap
Man we would be pissed too if OU had finished without the 2 losses and beat Texass in the Lil 12 Title Game. FSU could have just as well been OU that got the snub.
I am in no way an FSU fan bit thats one of the biggest hose jobs I have ever seen in sports. And the explanation the Comm gave for it and the one they gave for leaving OU out of a NY6 Bowl is just horseshit.

Most of my buds desperately need some sunshine. They're Dallas cowboys fans at that.
Sorry Woody, it always rains like hell on the losers day parade, hope texass see's a lot of rain.
We have to recruit against a Texass team that just made the playoffs and if they win it all we have to recruit against that. Hope they get curbstomped in the 1st game.

BTW, just on a side note about karma, I believe Texas has played now in five Big XII championship games, since the first one in St. Louis in 1996. Every CCG they've played in since, was in the state of Texas. Antonio, Houston and of course Jerry World. Since they won that first one, knocking Nebraska out of the national title game, their three wins got them to the natty championship game process, beating USC, losing to Alabama and this year.

UDub will be my favorite team. Won't bother me if they score 70.

If Texas beats Washington ( lord help us all if they do) and if Bama beats Michigan ( hope it doesnt happen ) I am not sure I would even watch the NC game. I dont want to find myself having to root for Texas against Bama but if I had to choose I would want Texas to beat Saben. Thats how much I hate Bama these days.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Why is everyone complaining about a 1 Loss Bama Team moving ahead of FSU, yet nobody is complaining about a 1 Loss UT Team doing the same thing? The argument should be Bama or Texas at #4 as FSU technically based on what everyone is saying should have been the #3 Seed. I personally think the committee got it correct and it turned out how I thought it would based on my previous post.

Reactions: runningback43
Why is everyone complaining about a 1 Loss Bama Team moving ahead of FSU, yet nobody is complaining about a 1 Loss UT Team doing the same thing? The argument should be Bama or Texas at #4 as FSU technically based on what everyone is saying should have been the #3 Seed. I personally think the committee got it correct and it turned out how I thought it would based on my previous post.
If Alabama wasn't in there Texass wouldn't be either. They had to put Texass in because they beat Alabama. If Georgia had won I don't think FSU would have been left out. The CFPC wasn't high on the Big 12 all season so I doubt Texass would have gotten in if Georgia had beat Bama.

There is plenty of evidence to now show that FSU does not have a viable option at backup QB to give them a chance to be competitive against an elite team. They were barely competitive against a below average SEC team and a slightly above average Louisville team.

On the other hand, Ohio State proved they could thrive with a 3rd string quarterback (Cardale Jones) before the playoffs began, because he excelled in their 59-0 dismantling of Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game.

If FSU wants an example to drive the point home, last year they came from behind and narrowly beat an average Oklahoma team in a bowl game, with Dillon Gabriel quarterbacking Oklahoma. If you look at Oklahoma last year, they were competitive when Dillon Gabriel was healthy, and were not when he was injured (including a 49-0 blowout loss to Texas). Like FSU, they had no viable option at backup quarterback, and the same thing would happen to FSU right now if they had to play against Michigan or Alabama or Texas instead of the two teams they barely beat since Travis went out. They don't have a Jalen Hurts to come off the bench when Tua gets hurt, or a Kyler Murray to come off the bench when Baker Mayfield gets hurt.

There is plenty of evidence to now show that FSU does not have a viable option at backup QB to give them a chance to be competitive against an elite team. They were barely competitive against a below average SEC team and a slightly above average Louisville team.

On the other hand, Ohio State proved they could thrive with a 3rd string quarterback (Cardale Jones) before the playoffs began, because he excelled in their 59-0 dismantling of Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game.

If FSU wants an example to drive the point home, last year they came from behind and narrowly beat an average Oklahoma team in a bowl game, with Dillon Gabriel quarterbacking Oklahoma. If you look at Oklahoma last year, they were competitive when Dillon Gabriel was healthy, and were not when he was injured (including a 49-0 blowout loss to Texas). Like FSU, they had no viable option at backup quarterback, and the same thing would happen to FSU right now if they had to play against Michigan or Alabama or Texas instead of the two teams they barely beat since Travis went out. They don't have a Jalen Hurts to come off the bench when Tua gets hurt, or a Kyler Murray to come off the bench when Baker Mayfield gets hurt.
Their QB was known to not be available the rest of the Season yet they were in the top 4 then.
Only yanked when the Comm had to get Bama in and to get Texass in because Texass beat Bama.
FSU got screwed royally and its obvious why they did it.
Not like they are gonna reverse it so, meh.

Their QB was known to not be available the rest of the Season yet they were in the top 4 then.
Only yanked when the Comm had to get Bama in and to get Texass in because Texass beat Bama.
FSU got screwed royally and its obvious why they did it.
Not like they are gonna reverse it so, meh.

People can disagree on this. I don't think there was any conspiracy. The committee watched, along with millions of people, the train wreck that was the ACC championship game against a slightly above average Louisville team. Tied 3-3 in the 3rd quarter, FSU went on to squeak out a narrow win. FSU completed 8 out of 21 passes for 51 yards in that game. Was it a courageous, gutsy win? Of course it was.

The problem is not so much the injury to Travis, but it is apparent that FSU does not have a quality backup quarterback. Right now, FSU has half a team. An elite defense, and an offense that looks like OU with Davis Beville playing quarterback for OU last year when Gabriel got injured. They don't even have a serviceable backup QB, much less a Jalen Hurts to come off the bench when Tua got injured. If you think they struggled against a pedestrian Louisville team, they might not even score without Travis against Michigan, Texas or Alabama.

It was the perfect storm, when Alabama won the SEC championship by beating a team that had not lost and been ranked #1 for two years. The way Texas annihilated Oklahoma State in the Big 12 championship also painted a stark contrast. There were four slots available for five conference champions, and the committee followed their protocol and selected the four best teams. Not the four "most deserving" teams, which contrary to popular belief is not in the guidelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT