ADVERTISEMENT

So who will be in and who gets screwed by the CFPC?

OUSOONER67

Sooner starter
Mar 23, 2004
Everywhere
Somebody is gonna get screwed tomorrow.
I think texass or FL. State will be the likely candidates. Georgia will claim they were if they don't get in and they shouldn't get in.

People are saying texass should get in over FSU and I disagree. How do you leave out an undefeated P5 team?
the Committee has a lot to work out tonight and tomorrow.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Defense wins championships and FSU showed that they have a good one. Their #2 QB will be back and the offense will look better, they should get in. Texas will probably be left out. I dont see the committee not putting Bama in there.

Defense wins championships and FSU showed that they have a good one. Their #2 QB will be back and the offense will look better, they should get in. Texas will probably be left out. I dont see the committee not putting Bama in there.
Probably so with texass being the one on the outside looking in.
Should be,
Michigan
Wash
FSU
Bama

But something tells me it might not go down that way.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Defense wins championships and FSU showed that they have a good one. Their #2 QB will be back and the offense will look better, they should get in.

FSU has a good defense, currently #19 in the country. The problem is their offense without Travis. If you think they struggled against Louisville, you ain't seen nothing yet. Michigan has the #2 defense in the nation. If FSU gets in and has to play Michigan, it will look like Michigan vs Iowa, Round 2. FSU won't even score.

Reactions: 22LR
FSU has a good defense, currently #19 in the country. The problem is their offense without Travis. If you think they struggled against Louisville, you ain't seen nothing yet. Michigan has the #2 defense in the nation. If FSU gets in and has to play Michigan, it will look like Michigan vs Iowa, Round 2. FSU won't even score.

I don't know, thats why the games aren't played on paper. If you would have told me Bama would only be 3/13 on 3rd down conversions and would beat #1 Georgia today I wouldn't have believed it but Georgia went 4/12 on 3rd down conversions. You just never know.

The CFP Committee may end up screwing both Texas and Florida State just to keep UGA and Bama in the SEC Invitational. However I think it will go one of 2 ways.

Most Deserving

1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Texas 5. Bama 6. Georgia

The Committees ( Should be a real treat listening to the BS they will have for this )

1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Bama 4. UGA 5. Florida State 6. Texas

The CFP Committee may end up screwing both Texas and Florida State just to keep UGA and Bama in the SEC Invitational. However I think it will go one of 2 ways.

Most Deserving

The Committees ( Should be a real treat listening to the BS they will have for this )

I would not be one bit surprised if they let Georgia in. Shouldn't, but they might. I think on the ESPN SEC Final show tonight that the Comm has never dropped a number one out if they lost their last game, usually drop to number 4. Also an undefeated P5 School has never been left out but wouldn't surprise me if FSU gets left out and the excuse would be their starting qb is out so they are not one of the 4 best. Gonna be interesting. One thing is certain, there will be some controversy for sure. Get the vaseline out if you are FSU or Texass, one or both of you may get screwed.

Reactions: Soonerborn59

Agree. The FSU offense is broken.

The 2023 National Championship game has already been played (unofficially). It was UGA vs. Bama.

Last edited:
That was with the 3rd string true freshman. Yes, they are a much better team with Travis, but Rodemaker is a much better QB than Glenn. Not saying they will win it all, but they deserve to be there.

Reactions: Soonerborn59

Most Deserving

I just want Texas to be looking in from the outside and when all my Texas friends say we should be there, I'm going to tell them the same thing they told me OU didn't play in the CC game. "Well y'all shouldn't have lost that one game" Then I will remind of you that one loss was too.

Agree. The FSU offense is broken.

The 2023 National Championship game has already been played (unofficially). It was UGA vs. Bama.
Both Bama and UGA are far from unbeatable by other teams that should get in the field. The Texas team we see playing now is more than capable of repeating a win over Bama. Michigan has the defense, Washington has the fire power to hang with both offensively.

The SEC has gotten way to many “Mulligans” in the past, especially with Bama not even playing in the SECCG. I am just glad games arent won on paper or in peoples minds. FSU earned its way in but like Tx ( and I hate them ) will both likely get screwed for both UGA and Bama. If the NC has already been played then why play it again? The SEC “ Entitlement” thing has grown old.

BTW speaking of rematches, ESPN says OU sneak into NY6 and face SMU again. Do they know something we dont?

If the NC has already been played then why play it again? The SEC “ Entitlement” thing has grown old.

I was crowning Alabama as the "unofficial" national championship in my post. I don't think Georgia gets in, although they are one heck of an elite football team. I think Bama rolls no matter who they play in the playoffs.

BTW -- I'm an SEC homer now. :cool:

Both Bama and UGA are far from unbeatable by other teams that should get in the field. The Texas team we see playing now is more than capable of repeating a win over Bama. Michigan has the defense, Washington has the fire power to hang with both offensively.

The SEC has gotten way to many “Mulligans” in the past, especially with Bama not even playing in the SECCG. I am just glad games arent won on paper or in peoples minds. FSU earned its way in but like Tx ( and I hate them ) will both likely get screwed for both UGA and Bama. If the NC has already been played then why play it again? The SEC “ Entitlement” thing has grown old.

BTW speaking of rematches, ESPN says OU sneak into NY6 and face SMU again. Do they know something we dont?

People at the Cotton Bowl know that OU fans will show up, SMU is right down the road, so Cotton Bowl would have a nice payday if this were to happen.

My Final Four would be:

Michigan
Washington
Bama / Texas
Texas / Bama

Crazy year, a #1 has never dropped out after Championship weekend, an undefeated Power 5 has never been left out and the SEC has never been left out.

We are fogging up the window looking in. I could care less about the CFB “playoff” If I did care, I would want to see Washington and Michigan play. Now back to sleep until the Alamo Bowl.

I agree Woody. I'm predicting chaos this year. Since were not in it, I love it. Let the NCAA and the power's that be burn it to the ground this year!

The NCAA has nothing to do with the college football playoff. Just like the old BCS, it’s a cartel that operates outside of NCAA jurisdiction.

The NCAA only oversees the playoffs in the lower divisions (FCS, Division 2 and Division 3).

yes but now they are playing with their 2nd and 3rd team qb. Makes a huge difference. After watching them beat Louisville it was obvious they are not one of the 4 best teams
Don't think like the committee. Seminoles earned their shot regardless imo.

What if we get that OU vs Georgia game this season anyways? LoL.

4 team playoff is a joke. Go to 16 teams and actually have a real playoff. Every division of college football makes it work except for the top division.

The committee just had to have a way to get the one loss Bama team in. They couldn't justify Texas getting left out after their win at Tuscaloose. So they screwed FSU. Can't prove it, but I guarantee that if the rolls were reversed, and Bama was undefeated but down to their third quarterback, they'd have gotten in over a one loss FSU team, even though FSU beat LSU on a neutral site, that Alabama did at home.

It's all about perceptions. The false perception that the SEC was the best conference this season. They weren't.

I do think they're the best four teams now. But the whole season is supposed to count.

Reactions: loopafied68
The NCAA has nothing to do with the college football playoff. Just like the old BCS, it’s a cartel that operates outside of NCAA jurisdiction.

The NCAA only oversees the playoffs in the lower divisions (FCS, Division 2 and Division 3).
That's why I say "or the powers that be." It absolutely needs to include the NCAA?

The committee just had to have a way to get the one loss Bama team in. They couldn't justify Texas getting left out after their win at Tuscaloose. So they screwed FSU. Can't prove it, but I guarantee that if the rolls were reversed, and Bama was undefeated but down to their third quarterback, they'd have gotten in over a one loss FSU team, even though FSU beat LSU on a neutral site, that Alabama did at home.

It's all about perceptions. The false perception that the SEC was the best conference this season. They weren't.

I do think they're the best four teams now. But the whole season is supposed to count.
To be fair, Alabama is going to crush Michigan. And I hate it, but Texas is beating Washington.

The "powers that be" that are making the decisions, are burning it up this year. When you burn it to the ground, it grows up fresh! Looking forward to next season with a new format and hopefully new " powers that be".

That's exactly it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT