ADVERTISEMENT

OU Women beat Texas for the second time, win the Big 12 outright for the first time in nine years.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
They got blown out so bad in the first quarter that they trailed by 15. I turned off the game. But their pace wore down the Longhorns, and we closed it to one by half.

Then Texas built the lead got back up to the mid-teens in the third quarter. OU caught once, but they surrendered the lead again. OU's leading scorer, Peyton Verhulst, the Louisville transfer fouled out with two minutes left. OU was down one, then two, but a huge hustle play by Skylar Vann in the last ten seconds on an offensive rebound, who passed it to Lexy Keys the OSU transfer. Keys drilled a trey with 4.1 seconds left. Now the Sooners have a two-game lead on the field with one game to play.

I was really proud of them tonight. Texas was ranked 3rd nationally coming into the game and came out like gang busters. The Longhorns lost two players, who came back in the game early in the 4th quarter. Vann, who was injured early in the game, and also playing with four fouls, barely playing ten minutes before the 4th, just toughed it out. I'd love it if we beat them in the tournament for these girls version of a three peat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT