ADVERTISEMENT

In the NFL combine, Spencer Rattler looked really good.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Some of the talking heads were talking about him being a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK. Seriously. The talk is that this year's quarterback group is really deep, and next year's isn't expected to be. Some of the talking heads were talking about him in the first half of the first round. Not too sure about that. But his arm is live, which is why he was so highly rated after being seen at high school camps.

And BTW, Longhorn Xavier Worthy ran the fastest 40 in the history of the combine. 4.21. So emblematic of Longhorn talent, that the only time LH beat the Sooners in the last four years, was when we came without a quarterback. They did wax us. Otherwise, didn't happen.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Rattler always had an amazing arm. Riley broke his psyche. Really wanted him to stay after the coaching change. He's not without flaws but I definitely think he can develop into a franchise QB.

Rattler might be a passable quarterback at the NFL level, but there is no way he's a franchise quarterback.

Unless your definitioin of franchise quarterback is making a team. I'd take Dak over him any day, and I dislike Dak as a quarterback more than a little as a quarterback. He's a goo man, who wilts at the most important times. Now his second OC couldn't change that, except against average competition in the regular season.

Rattler is not tall enough, and not smart enough, and not tough enough to excel in the NFL, IMO.

Reactions: murphy71
The game when Murray bailed us out vs Texsa was the writing on the wall for Rattler even though he stuck around (was my thinking)
I could be proven wrong on that

Reactions: OUSOONER67
When the fans got a taste of CW vs the whorns and the next home game were chanting we want Caleb, we want Caleb, SR was toast and he knew it. Ego and NFL aspirations were too big to handle that.
Not getting an invite from TBOW to go to Condomville was likely another blow to the ego.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT