ADVERTISEMENT

we were lucky, had to beat the refs and TexASS

I get so effing tired of having to go 11 on 17 in this game. We have to be 10 points better to win by three. How many times was Obo held with no call, how many uncalled horse collar tackles did the Horns have, and how many blatant uncalled offensive holding calls were there on Texas TDs? At one point the penalty yardage was something like 85 yards for us to five for them. If we were committing penalties, fine, but Texas was doing the same things and getting away with them.

In similar fashion, how many times did the refs misspot the ball to the Horns' benefit? Finally I really enjoyed the sack of Baker when the Texas blitzer was three yards offside and then some 300 plus pound lineman landed on Baker's head but no call. On the next possession, Lampkin barely touches Ehlinger when the ref then looks at Duvanta for several seconds and then proceeds to throw a flag for roughing the passer. The refereeing in this series has always been complete horse crap in Texas favor but I'm proud of our team for working through it today. I'm happy we reduced the Horns to again talking about how young they are and this year's moral victory.

Bottom line is this officiating crew should never work another game or at least another RRS. end of rant/

I get so effing tired of having to go 11 on 17 in this game. We have to be 10 points better to win by three. How many times was Obo held with no call, how many uncalled horse collar tackles did the Horns have, and how many blatant uncalled offensive holding calls were there on Texas TDs? At one point the penalty yardage was something like 85 yards for us to five for them. If we were committing penalties, fine, but Texas was doing the same things and getting away with them.

In similar fashion, how many times did the refs misspot the ball to the Horns' benefit? Finally I really enjoyed the sack of Baker when the Texas blitzer was three yards offside and then some 300 plus pound lineman landed on Baker's head but no call. On the next possession, Lampkin barely touches Ehlinger when the ref then looks at Duvanta for several seconds and then proceeds to throw a flag for roughing the passer. The refereeing in this series has always been complete horse crap in Texas favor but I'm proud of our team for working through it today. I'm happy we reduced the Horns to again talking about how young they are and this year's moral victory.

Bottom line is this officiating crew should never work another game or at least another RRS. end of rant/
100% truth. It's one thing for a ref to miss something, these refs were cheating in favor of Texas. The SOB's

Agree on the late hit on Mayfield. How that wasn't called is a mystery.
But....regardless of any officiating bias, OU commits too many penalties and this could cost the team another game or two later on....especially considering that there will be four more tough games ahead (KSU, TCU, WVA, Tech and OSU).

Agree on the late hit on Mayfield. How that wasn't called is a mystery.
But....regardless of any officiating bias, OU commits too many penalties and this could cost the team another game or two later on....especially considering that there will be four more tough games ahead (KSU, TCU, WVA, Tech and OSU).

Brown seemed to be getting past his Personal Fouls and critical Holding penalties. But in the last few games, they seem to be returning.

Reactions: iasooner1
Tough, hard fought games like this can make it hard for a team to prepare for the next opponent. This game was as exhausting to play as it was to watch. Both teams' efforts were all-out efforts.
And games like this should not be a green light for the winning team's fans to taunt and trash the losing team and its fans.

Big 12 better investigate this ref crew. Beyond one sided calling. I have never seen the Sooners Defense held as much as this game. Then the totally wiffed pile drive on Mayfield was targeting. That was beyond ridiculous. Yet we got called for completely laughable "roughing the passer" penalties. This Ref crew had no clue and should be fired tomorrow.

Big 12 better investigate this ref crew. Beyond one sided calling. I have never seen the Sooners Defense held as much as this game. Then the totally wiffed pile drive on Mayfield was targeting. That was beyond ridiculous. Yet we got called for completely laughable "roughing the passer" penalties. This Ref crew had no clue and should be fired tomorrow.
What was also troubling was the reaction to Mayfield's hit by the Texas fans. Not that OU fans would have reacted differently had the situation been reversed. Nowadays, it's what fans do.

Lot of penalties most were not called against the short horns.
1984 was my first OU tx game. I remember ducking in to the car show building to avoid the rain and seeing an official walking along in his referee uniform in his boots with LONGHORNS stitched and dyed in orange up the side and carrying a bag with PROPERTY OF UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS lettered on the side. I was shocked and you know how that game turned out.
In old days before th B12, officiating was soooo blatantly bad in tx games. They didn’t try to hide it. It was hard to win a close game with tx. I remember sitting in the Cotton Bowl for the first B12 shootout listening to the horn radio broadcast when the guy actually commented on the refs not giving them the calls they’d been used to getting! As bad as it was Sat, we get a better shake today. That doesn’t excuse Sat, only ads perspective.

If you look back at the Colt McCoy era the officiating was bad. A bunch of flags for even getting close to Colt. This week is the other orange turn to get cheated.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I'm sure if you tell this to any non Sooner fan they'll just assume bias, but taking off my Crimson shades, the officiating really was bad. I can forgive the roughing the passer against Beal just because he hit up high, though it was questionable at best. The call against Lampkin was a joke and the no call against Texas' guy jumping on Baker should cost someone their job. The no calls on Texas' holding were the only reason they scored their final TD. Beal was held then tackled on the TD run by Ehlinger.

Well you know your screwed when the ref is Randy Christal. This game is a devout longhorn fan and supporter. He actually retired 2 years ago and decided he would only call at home longhorn baseball games. Not sure when he decided to come back to the big 12, but he was back in full force yet again yesterday. This is the same ref that Switzer had banned from ever calling another OU game.

Well you know your screwed when the ref is Randy Christal. This game is a devout longhorn fan and supporter. He actually retired 2 years ago and decided he would only call at home longhorn baseball games. Not sure when he decided to come back to the big 12, but he was back in full force yet again yesterday. This is the same ref that Switzer had banned from ever calling another OU game.
Wasn't Christal; it was Cooper Castleberry's crew. FWIW, he was also the ref when we lost the RRS in '15.

Castleberry...Christal....crap referees. Why do such pathetically bad officials get Big 12 gigs? Is there no up and coming good one like Reggie Smith that push them out?? Then give them a permanent wedgie?!!!

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT