ADVERTISEMENT

Should OU drop Nike?

It's because there message is an unpopular message. I certainly get that. Their message is certainly more inspiring than the message of believing there is "institutional racism" and "white privilege" in this country that will always conspire to keep them down. My wife is black and she absolutely LOVES Candace Owens. She agrees with much the others say as well. But hey, she is amazingly successful and she never allowed even the thought that her skin color may hold her back to affect her. She simply worked her ass off and has accomplished far more than I ever will.

But if you don't get it, then that's fine. But you're the one in here name calling and such since we don't fall in line with YOUR thinking. You don't agree with other POC who don't think the way you do, so resort to calling them idiots. You don't agree with others in this thread who think differently than you, so you resort to calling us all stupid and telling WNAS to eat a bag of dicks. You're a great ambassador to the cause you are speaking for dude. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Never called you any names.
You're wife isn't the only one who's made it from point A to point B but Kuos to her for making it happen. As far as Candace Owens ....to each their own. She is almost as bad as Stacy Dash but I guess FOX gotta have someone. The women in my family have done well also, they have been blessed to fight through the nonsense you don't believe exisist. If you're ever around I'd be happy to have a beer and share a story or too. The strugle is real even if your wife has been able to avoid it. Do i think "The Man" is out to get me at every turn i make? Absolutely not...but i've heard enough in this thread to know that stereo types are still live. I know plenty of examples of discrimination in housing or application acceptance...those things exsist today, maybe not today at an institutional level, but those institutions did exist not that long ago and the people that ran the organiziations, the people that did the descrimination didn't simply die or disappear. They are here and they live among us.

There are plent of examples of home owners who prefer not to rent to people of color. Not necessarily because they are some sort of bigot but because they have bought into steroe types of what they believe POC are capable of when it comes to renting or home ownership.

Hell, s recently as 2011, Countrywide was successfully sued for charging higher rates for black and Latino people, and giving them subprime rates while white people with the same qualifying received prime rates.

IF you think that doesn't happen I'd have to charge you with being naive..I dont think that you are, just more like settled into defending what you believe een if it means ignoring facts.

Been fun BillyRay. Boomer

Reactions: 12Seans2
Never called you any names.
You're wife isn't the only one who's made it from point A to point B but Kuos to her for making it happen. As far as Candace Owens ....to each their own. She is almost as bad as Stacy Dash but I guess FOX gotta have someone. The women in my family have done well also, they have been blessed to fight through the nonsense you don't believe exisist. If you're ever around I'd be happy to have a beer and share a story or too. The strugle is real even if your wife has been able to avoid it. Do i think "The Man" is out to get me at every turn i make? Absolutely not...but i've heard enough in this thread to know that stereo types are still live. I know plenty of examples of discrimination in housing or application acceptance...those things exsist today, maybe not today at an institutional level, but those institutions did exist not that long ago and the people that ran the organiziations, the people that did the descrimination didn't simply die or disappear. They are here and they live among us.

There are plent of examples of home owners who prefer not to rent to people of color. Not necessarily because they are some sort of bigot but because they have bought into steroe types of what they believe POC are capable of when it comes to renting or home ownership.

Hell, s recently as 2011, Countrywide was successfully sued for charging higher rates for black and Latino people, and giving them subprime rates while white people with the same qualifying received prime rates.

IF you think that doesn't happen I'd have to charge you with being naive..I dont think that you are, just more like settled into defending what you believe een if it means ignoring facts.

Been fun BillyRay. Boomer
Trust me man, I know firsthand it still exists. Me and my wife gets "looks" in public from time to time if you know what I mean. Racism and bigotry of course still exists, and sadly it will always exist. It didn't just begin with this nation and has been a staple of human history. I love my wife and her family so I have zero room in my life for racist ass people.

See ya over on the pay board bro. :cool::cool:

Look...there you go changing the discussion again. We are talking about the need to take a closer look at police brutatlity. Simple as that...there are ton
Changing the discussion? I'm replying directly to your posts.

Let me ask you this, in your opinion do you think that all cops always get it right?
No.

Do you think that when someone like Freddie Gray gets into the back of a police vehicle ok and then when he arrives at the precint he's beaten and has a broken back and eventually dies that that shouldn't be looked into.
It was investigated. Charges were filed on the officers. One trial resulted in a mistrial, three were acquitted, and then the remaining charges were dropped. Am I missing something?

In summary...you've posted, and I'm paraphrasing but everyone can go read for themselves...
Black SCJs are supposed to help black people only, if not they're labeled Uncle Toms.
White SCJ are racists.
Black Lives > Blue Lives

You complain of inequality but yet you're pro inequality if the advantage is for the black man. You're about the most racist poster to grace us in awhile & I'm thinking your uncle is probably ashamed of you.

I don't eat fellow scoopers.

In summary...you've posted, and I'm paraphrasing but everyone can go read for themselves...
Black SCJs are supposed to help black people only, if not they're labeled Uncle Toms.
White SCJ are racists.
Black Lives > Blue Lives

You complain of inequality but yet you're pro inequality if the advantage is for the black man. You're about the most racist poster to grace us in awhile & I'm thinking your uncle is probably ashamed of you.

I don't eat fellow scoopers.
Again...find where I said any of that. I like how you jumped from me asking for equal fair = me asking for more than the next person.

You see why your way of discussion can be a problem don't you?

I'm pro level playing filed. If you give someone a 40 yard head start in a 100 yard race you can't expect the person without the head start to win even though they may be just as talented.

I think plenty more people are ashamed of you than me....I've done nothing to dishonor anyone black or white. I've just asked why is there a problem for someone to question if justice is being served in the shooting of unarmed african americans. Unlike you I back both the badge and the people they are sworn to protect.

I'd be offeneded that you think Im racist except I give a rats ass what you think. Anyone who knows me knows my friend base reads like the united colors of bennington and I guarantee you my True friends base is more deverse than anything you could possibly claim.

Unlike YOU mr @WhyNotaSooner I can talk with people from all acroos the world with different political , social and religious views and not result to judging them name calling or thinking they are something they are not juest because they are DIFFERENT. You are worse than the LEFTY SNOWFLAKES you pretend to be so offended by.

All I've done is come on here to speak to a subject. Beuase it didnt follow the smae nonsense that usually does in the echo chamber called "Sooner Fans Message Board" you resulted in name calling and spouting untruths. Ive defended my arguents with facts. Even my first statement was true which is this board was the vocal minority against nike when all surveys show that 70% of the people asked are either nuetral or in favor of the Nike ads.

So please save your name calling and you;re racist assumptions for someone who actually is. When you grow up and can have an adult convo come back and see me

Reactions: 12Seans2
Again...find where I said any of that. I like how you jumped from me asking for equal fair = me asking for more than the next person.

You see why your way of discussion can be a problem don't you?

I'm pro level playing filed. If you give someone a 40 yard head start in a 100 yard race you can't expect the person without the head start to win even though they may be just as talented.

I think plenty more people are ashamed of you than me....I've done nothing to dishonor anyone black or white. I've just asked why is there a problem for someone to question if justice is being served in the shooting of unarmed african americans. Unlike you I back both the badge and the people they are sworn to protect.

I'd be offeneded that you think Im racist except I give a rats ass what you think. Anyone who knows me knows my friend base reads like the united colors of bennington and I guarantee you my True friends base is more deverse than anything you could possibly claim.

Unlike YOU mr @WhyNotaSooner I can talk with people from all acroos the world with different political , social and religious views and not result to judging them name calling or thinking they are something they are not juest because they are DIFFERENT. You are worse than the LEFTY SNOWFLAKES you pretend to be so offended by.

All I've done is come on here to speak to a subject. Beuase it didnt follow the smae nonsense that usually does in the echo chamber called "Sooner Fans Message Board" you resulted in name calling and spouting untruths. Ive defended my arguents with facts. Even my first statement was true which is this board was the vocal minority against nike when all surveys show that 70% of the people asked are either nuetral or in favor of the Nike ads.

So please save your name calling and you;re racist assumptions for someone who actually is. When you grow up and can have an adult convo come back and see me

You said these things. Don't back peddal now. You're a racist so bad that it stinks to the high heavens. You want equality for blacks and inequality for whites. This is what you've posted. You think Clarence Thomas has done nothing for 'blacks' because you think his skin is black, when in reality, he's a SCJ. You want his skin color to favor you, not the constitution where all men are created equal. You're a racist. Change your ways or accept that you are what you are.

Swoosh.

You said these things. Don't back peddal now. You're a racist so bad that it stinks to the high heavens. You want equality for blacks and inequality for whites. This is what you've posted. You think Clarence Thomas has done nothing for 'blacks' because you think his skin is black, when in reality, he's a SCJ. You want his skin color to favor you, not the constitution where all men are created equal. You're a racist. Change your ways or accept that you are what you are.

Swoosh.
show me...my entire thread is there.

Its not too much to ask for one of the most successful people of my generation to ask him to make a contribution to people of color. Lebron did it, Oprah does it, Denzel...Thurgood Marshal did...
and its not even that...his voting record has been such to hinder progress being made in the black community.

Look I truly believe that justice should be color blind...historically it hasn't been. He has the power to help balance some of that out. He doesn't...if anything he over compensates the other way to show he's not influenced by race.

OK i'm the racist for wanting equality...GOT IT...lol...you do well in reading comprehension did you?

You must be one of these race baiters the board is always talking about... nice to finally meet one.

Reactions: sybarite43
Nike supports Kap for kneeling. Guess who also supports Kap? Crazy man Ex-CIA Director John Brennan and former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Nike is taking a lot of heat and people are videotaping themselves burning their shoes, etc... Wish OU would've signed a deal with Under Armour, much better product anyway.

I took a brand new pair of Nike shoes back to Academy today. The clerk asked me what was wrong with them.

I told her that every time I stood up for the National Anthem they hurt my feet. I got a full refund.

It was investigated. Charges were filed on the officers. One trial resulted in a mistrial, three were acquitted, and then the remaining charges were dropped. Am I missing something?

This sums up why I think the whole Kaepernick thing is completely bogus. Exactly where was justice denied? In each of the shootings where justice was supposedly denied, there were investigations by multiple agencies. Sometimes there were grand jury proceedings, sometimes there were trials at the district level. Either multiple investigative bodies said "nothing here," or the grand jury said no probable cause, or the district court/petite jury said "not guilty." (except in Charleston, where a guilty verdict was rendered). That would have required an awful lot of collaboration for those results not to be legit. Sorry ladies, just not seeing the "injustice."

I suppose there was some injustice done in Chicago, where dashcam video was suppressed until after former Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had secured re-election as mayor, but I believe that case is actually still pending.

I don't see anywhere that a supreme court justice's role is to advance the quality of life for any religious or ethnic population.

http://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...educational-outreach/activity-resources/about

I can tell you were a big fan of Plessy vs Ferguson

Dred Scott says hello.....I bet you and Clarence probably would have voted the same way on that too...lol

Ya'll funny for me wanting one of the most accomplish black men of my generation to not be part of the problem. I dont think any justice outside of Scalia has been more complicit in undermining the work done during the civil rights movement.

I don't see anywhere that a supreme court justice's role is to advance the quality of life for any religious or ethnic population.

http://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...educational-outreach/activity-resources/about

My brother veritas gets it. Clarence Thomas looked me in the eye and promised to uphold the constitution of the United States. That's exactly what I expect from any Supreme Court Justice nominee. Justice Thomas has kept his promise to me. I'm red-white-black and I take great pride in all three races.

Ya'll funny for me wanting one of the most accomplish black men of my generation to not be part of the problem. I dont think any justice outside of Scalia has been more complicit in undermining the work done during the civil rights movement.
Nothing but narrative...

free-throw-airball-terrible-basketball-shots.gif

This sums up why I think the whole Kaepernick thing is completely bogus. Exactly where was justice denied? In each of the shootings where justice was supposedly denied, there were investigations by multiple agencies. Sometimes there were grand jury proceedings, sometimes there were trials at the district level. Either multiple investigative bodies said "nothing here," or the grand jury said no probable cause, or the district court/petite jury said "not guilty." (except in Charleston, where a guilty verdict was rendered). That would have required an awful lot of collaboration for those results not to be legit. Sorry ladies, just not seeing the "injustice."

I suppose there was some injustice done in Chicago, where dashcam video was suppressed until after former Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had secured re-election as mayor, but I believe that case is actually still pending.
Great post, sir. It seems that some folks have decided that justice can only occur when there's punishment based on a narrative, facts be damned.

I can tell you were a big fan of Plessy vs Ferguson

Dred Scott says hello.....I bet you and Clarence probably would have voted the same way on that too...lol

Only a fool or someone with an agenda would come to that conclusion based upon my post. If you're going to make an attempt at sophistry, at least do it right.

My point is. The laws haven't always been for ALL people. To think that every judgement rendered by our supreme court has impacted everyone the same is just not smart. But when in the majority I can see why you would feel differently because you aren't the one who's view, values or civil liberties have been compromised. Brown v Board and Plessy v Ferguson are 2 examples that while maybe not clear at the time are certainly clear today how those judgements were wrong and very detrimental to a whole race of people.

My point is. The laws haven't always been for ALL people. To think that every judgement rendered by our supreme court has impacted everyone the same is just not smart. But when in the majority I can see why you would feel differently because you aren't the one who's view, values or civil liberties have been compromised. Brown v Board and Plessy v Ferguson are 2 examples that while maybe not clear at the time are certainly clear today how those judgements were wrong and very detrimental to a whole race of people.

Understand, and no argument there. But what, specifically, has Clarence Thomas done while on the supreme court to justify your ire?

Again, you're making suppositions about me, my views, and my intentions. Isn't that what you're mad at the cops for?

Understand, and no argument there. But what, specifically, has Clarence Thomas done while on the supreme court to justify your ire?

Again, you're making suppositions about me, my views, and my intentions. Isn't that what you're mad at the cops for?

I'm just not a fan. Probably has a lot to do with the lies told prior to his confirmation and the whole Anita Hill thing.

I'm not mad at cops in general I commend them for the work they do. I question the accountability system in place when they dont get it right. I also dont like that in some departments it's more about loyalty to the union than the law.

Last but not least i dont like that because I see things differently than you you assume I've bout into some sort of false narrative like I dont have my own experiences and the ability to cut through the noise that is spewed by people with agendas.

It's pretty condescending to think that what you know or believe automatically trumps what I know and believe.

I'm just not a fan. Probably has a lot to do with the lies told prior to his confirmation and the whole Anita Hill thing.

I'm not mad at cops in general I commend them for the work they do. I question the accountability system in place when they dont get it right. I also dont like that in some departments it's more about loyalty to the union than the law.

Last but not least i dont like that because I see things differently than you you assume I've bout into some sort of false narrative like I dont have my own experiences and the ability to cut through the noise that is spewed by people with agendas.

It's pretty condescending to think that what you know or believe automatically trumps what I know and believe.

I don't think you can point to a post where I stated what I believe, but I'll tell you. I think there are definitely instances where cops have behaved badly resulting in unwarranted excessive force, even to the point of murder. I think there are plenty of places where it's difficult to be a person of color, whether it's interacting with law enforcement or the general population. I also think that it's absolutely wrong for the media, special rights groups, etc.. to immediately convict the LEO in the media in every instance of a shooting by a police officer, and the inflammatory rhetoric of many of the so called civil rights "leaders" only adds to the division of this country. I believe in the unvarnished truth. Period. I'll believe that the Sharptons and Shaun Kings of the world are truly interested in progress when I start hearing them withhold judgement, and also advise their followers to, until all the facts are in. I also believe it would be in the best interest of their "cause" if they ever came out, after all of the facts were revealed, and spoke out when the cops were right and a shooting was justified. That doesn't happen. Frankly, I think a bunch of these guys... AND those flaming from the other side are more interested in self-promotion than they are in progress.

Again, I'm only on the side of the truth.

I don't think you can point to a post where I stated what I believe, but I'll tell you. I think there are definitely instances where cops have behaved badly resulting in unwarranted excessive force, even to the point of murder. I think there are plenty of places where it's difficult to be a person of color, whether it's interacting with law enforcement or the general population. I also think that it's absolutely wrong for the media, special rights groups, etc.. to immediately convict the LEO in the media in every instance of a shooting by a police officer, and the inflammatory rhetoric of many of the so called civil rights "leaders" only adds to the division of this country. I believe in the unvarnished truth. Period. I'll believe that the Sharptons and Shaun Kings of the world are truly interested in progress when I start hearing them withhold judgement, and also advise their followers to, until all the facts are in. I also believe it would be in the best interest of their "cause" if they ever came out, after all of the facts were revealed, and spoke out when the cops were right and a shooting was justified. That doesn't happen. Frankly, I think a bunch of these guys... AND those flaming from the other side are more interested in self-promotion than they are in progress.

Good Post, V...Call Me Art Linkletter...'I Wish I'd Said That'!!!

Those plenty of places where it's difficult to be a person of color? As a "professional tourist" from 1990-May, 2003 been there plenty of times. Try Baltimore, Camden, Jersey City, East Cleveland, Gary, South Chicago, East St. Louis. These places are war zones and have been run by plantation crackers for the last half century.

The last decade has seen black American poverty go up and home ownership go down. There are hints the brothers are starting to figure out why. Pastor Scott says President Trump may be the best president for African Americans in his lifetime.

As for me? My father taught me early to do what a cop tells me. If I'm walking in the street and a cop says get on the sidewalk I jump.

Those plenty of places where it's difficult to be a person of color? As a "professional tourist" from 1990-May, 2003 been there plenty of times. Try Baltimore, Camden, Jersey City, East Cleveland, Gary, South Chicago, East St. Louis. These places are war zones and have been run by plantation crackers for the last half century.

The last decade has seen black American poverty go up and home ownership go down. There are hints the brothers are starting to figure out why. Pastor Scott says President Trump may be the best president for African Americans in his lifetime.

As for me? My father taught me early to do what a cop tells me. If I'm walking in the street and a cop says get on the sidewalk I jump.

Amen

Speaking as an alleged privileged white boy, the only thing I question is how high to jump?

giphy.webp

He got as much credibility as Diamond and Silk...

Candace Owens IQ is well above the paltry U. S. national average of 98 as is Stacy Dash. I have a crush on both.

BillyRay, you and spouse would definitely get a long look from me, but not from the customary standpoint. I would salute you.

I do not salute the left and their never ending baseless racist charges. And yes, I'm lazy, victim, stupid, house boy, token, white boy, traitor and Uncle Tom as defined by the left. Stacy, Candace, BillyRay and I are white supremacist. I'm not kidding.

When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. It's an old tactic that nobody with at least one functioning brain cell buys into anymore. It plays well with the unaware and compliant though.
oh please...I don't have time to attack all the stuff he gets wrong on a DAILY basis. I got MUCH better stuff to do than spend time breaking down the village idiot.

Black American unemployment is lowest since records have been kept. No progress yet on record setting black on black crime so the FBI tells me. Record setting black on black crime meccas have been run by plantation crackers for more than half a century. Note Chicago, our murder capitol.

Boise, Idaho has weak gun laws and gun homicides are rare. Plantation crackers don't run Boise.

The good for me? I'm only about 5/8 racist. I'm not the full blown racist Medic007 is. The good for Medic007? I'm about 1/8 lazy, but I find the energy to walk out to the mailbox to pick up my government check. I pray annually I'll get sick before the end of June before the tax payer funded Indian health care benefits usually run out. Medic007 very likely is not lazy, just a racist and white supremist.

And yes. I've listened to the left define Medic007 and me for a lifetime now.

The good for me? I'm only about 5/8 racist. I'm not the full blown racist Medic007 is. The good for Medic007? I'm about 1/8 lazy, but I find the energy to walk out to the mailbox to pick up my government check. I pray annually I'll get sick before the end of June before the tax payer funded Indian health care benefits usually run out. Medic007 very likely is not lazy, just a racist and white supremist.

And yes. I've listened to the left define Medic007 and me for a lifetime now.
You forgot misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic, and every other *.ist and *.phobic that gets tossed out if you don't tow the party line. I'd hate for you to get an additional label for being less than totally inclusive.

Black American unemployment is lowest since records have been kept..

Unemployment is low, but unfortunately wages are too. How many here know that the median two income family today earns less inflated-adjusted income than the single income family of the 70s?

Middle Class Household Income 1970 - $60,207
Middle Class Household Income 2015 - $56,516

Dual Income % in 1970 - ~35%
Dual Income % Today - ~60%

So twice as many dual income families today as in 1970, and they're still making less than then.

And inflation doesn't do a good job of actually estimating buying power. What's the biggest purchase an American makes and affects their lives the most? A house, right?

1970 ~ $23,000
2011 ~ $220,000 (and prices have gone way up since 2011)

So house in 1970 cost about 2X of a household's annual salary.
Today, a house is more than 4X a household's annual salary even with the household having 2 incomes.

We're squealing our wheels here.

Reactions: iasooner1
1970 ~ $23,000
2011 ~ $220,000 (and prices have gone way up since 2011)

So house in 1970 cost about 2X of a household's annual salary.
Today, a house is more than 4X a household's annual salary even with the household having 2 incomes.
What size of house did $23,000 buy in 1970? What size of house does $220,000 buy today? And where were/are these houses located?

It's hard to use housing prices to do much apple to apple comparing since those depend so much on location today. $220,000 will buy you a really nice house in Oklahoma. $220,000 will probably not even get you indoor plumbing in San Francisco.

But I do agree with your post about wages.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT