ADVERTISEMENT

Should OU drop Nike?

Facts are often offensive to the weak.

I have not and never will state that all AAs killed by LEOs are justified or take place in mostly black communities, but many do. That is why I have no problem waiting for the facts. But if you think my statement is untrue, I say prove me wrong or go read up on the positions of Thomas Sowell or check out Jesse Peterson or Candace Owens on YouTube.
^^^THIS!!!! Facts don't care about people's feelings.

May I also recommend Larry Elder, Brandon Tatum, and Anthony Brian Logan as well. See, these guys aren't popular since they speak the truth, and aren't just regurgitating the crap that is spoon fed them from the MSM.

Reactions: veritas59
Act naive? Nah. I'm just trying to understand what your views are. I've never heard of "clean kill."

Who is "people" in your quoted post? Jury? Judge? DA? Police Department? The public in general?

Maybe he poster meant a "clean shoot"?

Reactions: mrand247
I'm interested in who these "people" are you are referring to as well.

Three different answers: 1) internal affairs 2) prosecuting authority 3) general public as a whole

On a side note, I would guess it is a rare occasion when all three are in agreement...but not unheard of.

I can give you 45 examples of LEOs killed by gunfire in 2017 alone. None of which made headlines to where their death shown repeatedly for weeks, months on end. Did they deserve to be shot? Killed? Did they sacrifice for something they believed in?

With regards to training. They are trained. You're falling for another BS narrative. They don't issues guns & badges today like Marshall Dillon did in Gunsmoke. They're charged with the responsibility on cleaning up the streets of America. From DUIs to child molestors, from murderers to rapists. The streets are full of filthy, dirty, "big bad dudes" that have killed or attempted to LEOs.

Cops sign up to serve and to protect. They know that getting shot at is part of the deal signing up.
If you sign up to be a door to door sales man you know people are gonna yell to get off their lawn just like if you sign up to be a police you know there are certain dangers that go along with that.
BUT, just because you are "the law" doesn't give you to right to use excessive force. loss of life should be a last resort not your first instinct.
I would expect the loss of life of people you are sworn to protect to make the news. Civilians don't sign up to be killed by the police. Baker mayfield ran from the law. At no point did anyone look at him as some kind of threat that warranted guns to be drawn or him to be shot at. He took off, they tackled him...end of story. 17 year old Antwon rose took off they shot him 3 times in the back.

Like I said. If you don't believe there is a problem you'll "explain" it away..if you want to see you'll understand that a whole race of people arent paranoid or bamboozled by the media.

Reactions: sybarite43
^^^THIS!!!! Facts don't care about people's feelings.

May I also recommend Larry Elder, Brandon Tatum, and Anthony Brian Logan as well. See, these guys aren't popular since they speak the truth, and aren't just regurgitating the crap that is spoon fed them from the MSM.
All those guys are IDIOTS in my book. You probably think Clarence Thomas is a great example of a great black amaerican too...lol

Personally. I thought it wasn't and there should have been some legal repercussions. What about you?
A jury found him not guilty because the State didn't meet the burden of proof for a guilty verdict. He was fired by the police department. Civil suits were settled. Isn't that the way our system is supposed to work?

Cops sign up to serve and to protect. They know that getting shot at is part of the deal signing up.
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen typed. Cops get shot at, no big deal, they signed up to get shot at.

To further this dumbassery of yours, the cop shot Philando Castile to death because the cop assumes he's going to get shot at at some point and that wasn't that moment for him because he fired first. Sounds really stupid, right?

Congrats on making me laugh.

Reactions: BillyRay
A jury found him not guilty because the State didn't meet the burden of proof for a guilty verdict. He was fired by the police department. Civil suits were settled. Isn't that the way our system is supposed to work?

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen typed. Cops get shot at, no big deal, they signed up to get shot at.

To further this dumbassery of yours, the cop shot Philando Castile to death because the cop assumes he's going to get shot at at some point and that wasn't that moment for him because he fired first. Sounds really stupid, right?

Congrats on making me laugh.

You guys are ridiculous. Nobody signs up to deal with any negative part of their job but you think cops who work in a city where they may be forced to shoot don't think they may get shot back at? That's like saying that hi way patrol never expects to see a dead body or soldiers never expect bullets to fly on deployment.

It's all good though...just proves the point of people trying to be difficult instead of trying to gain perspective.

Gold star for you

As far as your burden of proof...all you have to do is reference your boy OJ to know you don't believe that is the way it's supposed to work.

Anyway...it's obvious you 3 guys don't believe that cops ever go overboard. That's cool...
I don't in anyway believe that the majority of cops are bad or aren't good at what they do. But just like if you're a criminal you should be held accounta b le, if you're in law enforcement you should be held accountable for your mistakes as well.

You guys are ridiculous. Nobody signs up to deal with any negative part of their job but you think cops who work in a city where they may be forced to shoot don't think they may get shot back at? That's like saying that hi way patrol never expects to see a dead body or soldiers never expect bullets to fly on deployment.

It's all good though...just proves the point of people trying to be difficult instead of trying to gain perspective.

Gold star for you
Narratives are better than facts and the legal system. Got it.

If the legal system worked for me like it worked for you I'd be all in on what you just said....

I know I know...that's simply not true and another false narrative...lol

As far as your burden of proof...all you have to do is reference your boy OJ to know you don't believe that is the way it's supposed to work.

Anyway...it's obvious you 3 guys don't believe that cops ever go overboard. That's cool...
I don't in anyway believe that the majority of cops are bad or aren't good at what they do. But just like if you're a criminal you should be held accounta b le, if you're in law enforcement you should be held accountable for your mistakes as well.
Do you have a difficult time understanding due process? The DA filed charges. They didn't meet the burden of proof for a guilty verdict by the jury. Exact same thing happened in the OJ case. It's called the law. Maybe bigger tears get better results? Pass a bill that guilt is based on the volume of outrage? Sign me up!

Central Park 5 a good enough example for you?

1*to2uzraO2Nrm4sorvwohEw.jpeg

Do you have a difficult time understanding due process? The DA filed charges. They didn't meet the burden of proof for a guilty verdict by the jury. Exact same thing happened in the OJ case. It's called the law. Maybe bigger tears get better results? Pass a bill that guilt is based on the volume of outrage? Sign me up!
You're the first person I met that just admitted OJ was innocent to prove a point..lmao

My boy OJ? Huh?

OJ was found not guilty. The burden of proof of guilt is on the prosecution. Innocent until proven guilty. It isn't applied when you agree and not applied when you don't. It's universally applied to each criminal case. It isn't perfect, but it's close. I guess the alternative is guilty unless you prove yourself innocent. For some reason, that doesn't sound like a great strategy for numerous reasons in my book. But hey, you do you.

Huh? OJ was found not guilty in the court of law. My personal opinion on the subject is as irrelevant as yours is. Our legal system is not based on personal opinions. Weird how that works.
Look..I understand what you are trying to say. I'm just pointing out that the law isn't always perfect and many an innocent person has gone to jail. Sometimes the ones sworn to protect are part of the problem...

Look..I understand what you are trying to say. I'm just pointing out that the law isn't always perfect and many an innocent person has gone to jail. Sometimes the ones sworn to protect are part of the problem...

And sometimes the people that cops shoot are part of the problem, probably much more often than the cops that shoot them. Strangely enough, I don't often see anyone suggesting that the people the cops shoot have any accountability for their actions though.

Was your point really that the law isn't perfect?

You implied that Clarence Thomas is an example of a bad Black American. I replied "wow." How exactly has Clarence Thomas been a bad Black American?
Clarence Thomas has done nothing to advance the quality of life for people of color at no stage of his career.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy but his time on the bench hasn't been a positive thing for POC

And sometimes the people that cops shoot are part of the problem, probably much more often than the cops that shoot them. Strangely enough, I don't often see anyone suggesting that the people the cops shoot have any accountability for their actions though.

Was your point really that the law isn't perfect?

Yep. Mostly.
Ill add that law sometimes doesn't work as well for POC for various reasons that go beyond letter of the law or intent. At the end of the day people are the ones enforcing t hi ose laws and making judgements and all people have their enherent biases.

Clarence Thomas has done nothing to advance the quality of life for people of color at no stage of his career.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy but his time on the bench hasn't been a positive thing for POC
Yes, Clarence Thomas is a terrible role model for people of color. I'm sure his path to the Supreme Court is worthy of scorn.

Yep. Mostly.
Ill add that law sometimes doesn't work as well for POC for various reasons that go beyond letter of the law or intent. At the end of the day people are the ones enforcing t hi ose laws and making judgements and all people have their enherent biases.
So, some guilty people walk free and a few innocent people are locked up. Welcome to 2018. How is this a police problem?

Yes, Clarence Thomas is a terrible role model for people of color. I'm sure his path to the Supreme Court is worthy of scorn.
I don't knock him for getting there. I knock him for closing each door behind him along the way. He has done NOTHING for the advancement of POC. NOTHING!

So, some guilty people walk free and a few innocent people are locked up. Welcome to 2018. How is this a police problem?
I didn't say it was. You tried to make it like the law is perfect. I'm pointing out instances where it get's it wrong. Unfortunately POC are disproportionately effected by wrong outcomes.
No narrative there...just facts

I didn't say it was. You tried to make it like the law is perfect. I'm pointing out instances where it get's it wrong. Unfortunately POC are disproportionately effected by wrong outcomes.
No narrative there...just facts
I tried to "make it like the law is perfect?" Where did I do that? Maybe you can quote my post doing so?

POC are disproportionately affected by wrong outcomes? Are POC disproportionately effected by the actions of POC? Are crime rates by race wrong?

God almighty.......:confused::confused::confused:

Ya know what they call white people who advocate advancing only white people? Racists and white supremacists.....

Last edited:
If you sign up to be a door to door sales man you know people are gonna yell to get off their lawn just like if you sign up to be a police you know there are certain dangers that go along with that.
BUT, just because you are "the law" doesn't give you to right to use excessive force. loss of life should be a last resort not your first instinct.
I would expect the loss of life of people you are sworn to protect to make the news. Civilians don't sign up to be killed by the police. Baker mayfield ran from the law. At no point did anyone look at him as some kind of threat that warranted guns to be drawn or him to be shot at. He took off, they tackled him...end of story. 17 year old Antwon rose took off they shot him 3 times in the back.

Like I said. If you don't believe there is a problem you'll "explain" it away..if you want to see you'll understand that a whole race of people arent paranoid or bamboozled by the media.

So you actually accept the murder of 45 Cops by civilians as acceptable because they ‘signed up for it’. Your argument is weak and is flat out not acceptable in that a black man can kill a cop and your argument is that he/she knew what they signed up for. A black man gets shot by a cop and it’s the fault of the cop.

Shakes head in disgust.

I don't knock him for getting there. I knock him for closing each door behind him along the way. He has done NOTHING for the advancement of POC. NOTHING!

And so in this context, you also believe that a white SCJ should do everything within his power to make things better for white people only. Got it.

There is a whole lotta hatred & stupid being spewed in this thread.

And so in this context, you also believe that a white SCJ should do everything within his power to make things better for white people only. Got it.

There is a whole lotta hatred & stupid being spewed in this thread.

NO not at all, but you are obviously in the camp that believes everything for everybody is always equal. I'm not anti anyone getting ahead, but you've never heard of him reachig back out to the black community to help in any capacity. Thurgood Marshall was a much better example for people of color to model after. You think Scalia voted with the advancement of ALL people when deciding cases? GTFO!

And you're right there is a whole lotta stupid being spouted in this thread but it aint by me. I also like how you guys on here trying to provide a counter argument lie to try to twist what Im saying to fit your narrative.

So you actually accept the murder of 45 Cops by civilians as acceptable because they ‘signed up for it’. Your argument is weak and is flat out not acceptable in that a black man can kill a cop and your argument is that he/she knew what they signed up for. A black man gets shot by a cop and it’s the fault of the cop.

Shakes head in disgust.

don't accept the murder of anyone by anyone as acceptable. Don't put words in my mouth. Sorry for holding law enforment to a higheer standard than I do criminals. I just think that if you are in Law Enformement and you feel the need to kill someone you better be right, and if you aren't there needs to be repercussions. Its as simple as that. Don't paint me as some kinda person who doesnt respect the law or our armed forces. I grew up Militarty and 2 of y best friends are law enforment as well as 2 unlces are NYPD so don't talk to me like i don't have any perspective.

YOu and your disgust can eat a big bag of dicks

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ha it shouldn't.
I think its safe to say that the MAJORITY of black folks in the U.S. feel the same way about the guys you just mentioned. Let me ask you this. What about them makes you think what they say is accurate or even beneficial to someone like me. I like how you think your choice for what you think is good for me and my community should carry more weight than mine....lol.

I tried to "make it like the law is perfect?" Where did I do that? Maybe you can quote my post doing so?

POC are disproportionately affected by wrong outcomes? Are POC disproportionately effected by the actions of POC? Are crime rates by race wrong?
Look...there you go changing the discussion again. We are talking about the need to take a closer look at police brutatlity. Simple as that...there are tons of other things wrong with other stuff.
Let me ask you this, in your opinion do you think that all cops always get it right? Do you think that when someone like Freddie Gray gets into the back of a police vehicle ok and then when he arrives at the precint he's beaten and has a broken back and eventually dies that that shouldn't be looked into.

See what you're doing is what so many peopel are frusrtrated about the Kaep thing. We simply are saying hey...there's this thing going on and we don't think its right and it looks like it keeps happening. And instead of people saying, man a whole lotta people are saying this, lets take a look. Becuase it doesnt effect you or you feel some type of offense you either dismiss it or try to change to focus of the discussion. Thats the non -sense that has people frustrated and why it wont go away.

If you've ever been in customer service all any customer wants you to do is acknowledge their pain ( perceived or real) and for you to at least take the time to look into their issue.
Right now there are a lot of Americans that are giving poor customer service.

I'm pretty much done with this thread. I figure I quit before the rest of the mob shows up with their tiki torches and condescending rhetoric. But I thought I'd take the time to offer a counter argument so you can hear from someone who while not much different than you certainly has lived a different life.

Reactions: 12Seans2
Ha it shouldn't.
I think its safe to say that the MAJORITY of black folks in the U.S. feel the same way about the guys you just mentioned. Let me ask you this. What about them makes you think what they say is accurate or even beneficial to someone like me. I like how you think your choice for what you think is good for me and my community should carry more weight than mine....lol.
It's because there message is an unpopular message. I certainly get that. Their message is certainly more inspiring than the message of believing there is "institutional racism" and "white privilege" in this country that will always conspire to keep them down. My wife is black and she absolutely LOVES Candace Owens. She agrees with much the others say as well. But hey, she is amazingly successful and she never allowed even the thought that her skin color may hold her back to affect her. She simply worked her ass off and has accomplished far more than I ever will.

But if you don't get it, then that's fine. But you're the one in here name calling and such since we don't fall in line with YOUR thinking. You don't agree with other POC who don't think the way you do, so resort to calling them idiots. You don't agree with others in this thread who think differently than you, so you resort to calling us all stupid and telling WNAS to eat a bag of dicks. You're a great ambassador to the cause you are speaking for dude. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm pretty much done with this thread. I figure I quit before the rest of the mob shows up with their tiki torches and condescending rhetoric. But I thought I'd take the time to offer a counter argument so you can hear from someone who while not much different than you certainly has lived a different life.
This is prolly the best course of action for everyone. It's not like these type of threads lead to anyone changing their opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT