ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Corn game thread

I also think Rattler locks on to receivers too much and does not go through progressions. Granted, I've only seen highlights but that was my impression.

Yes you got that correct. Holds on ball too dang long to hit his first target. His field scanning needs vast improvement in conference play. Not a pro prospect until he gets this mojo back.

Two of my boys were high on the East side 30+ yard line and lived to come pick me up from NW Norman comfort and drive home. I am happy I was kind of there for the 50th anniversary of ‘the Gotc’ and that we won at least. The two new Heissmen statues are still not up but the rest of the areas around the Palace are impressive I noticed Friday evening. Even Porter is under renovation around Van’s Pig and beyond.

The TEs must become RBs and vice versa and O-line get better Quickly. Need a few more Bonittos to shore up the missing LBs too !

Last edited:
Two of my boys were high on the East side 30+ yard line and lived to come pick me up from NW Norman comfort and drive home. I am happy I was kind of there for the 50th anniversary of ‘the Gotc’ and that we won at least. The two new Heissmen statues are still not up but the rest of the areas around the Palace are impressive I noticed Friday evening. Even Porter is under renovation around Van’s Pig and beyond.

The TEs must become RBs and vice versa and O-line get better Quickly. Need a few more Bonittos to shore up the missing LBs too !

Got to get rid of this WR fetish Riley has ala TX Tech. Sooners always will be a run team. Be nice to put out the Batman search light for Stogner and Willis. Wake the hell up Rattler.

Bonus: got in and out of Joe’s in 20 minutes Thursday afternoon and Van’s Friday evening.

Everyone surprise us by playing well next Saturday PLEASE !

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I was on the field an hour before the game at 10 a.m. and it was very hot and not much breeze. I felt sorry for the fans on the east side. Direct sun the entire game.

We used to have season tickets on the upper east side about midfield but that sun was brutal. Didn't bother me so much as I am used to it but I would look over at my gf and her face would be as red as our shirts. She doesn't deal with heat very well but she never complained. Main thing that bothered me was the sun in my eyes the whole time, even with shades on it was hard to see the game.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The heat and humidity issue can have a problem for any team that may not be accustomed to that kind of condition. To say that both teams had to play in it doesn't mean they were impacted the same way.
In 1963 OU played USC in Los Angeles in 105 degree weather. The heat index was 10-15 degrees higher.
Wilkinson refused McKay's request to play a night game knowing his team was conditioned probably more than USC to play in such conditions....and it evidently worked in OU's favor.

The heat and humidity issue can have a problem for any team that may not be accustomed to that kind of condition. To say that both teams had to play in it doesn't mean they were impacted the same way.
In 1963 OU played USC in Los Angeles in 105 degree weather. The heat index was 10-15 degrees higher.
Wilkinson refused McKay's request to play a night game knowing his team was conditioned probably more than USC to play in such conditions....and it evidently worked in OU's favor.

Practicing in the heat during 2 a days sure was hot back in the day and if our Coach caught you with your helmet off or at the water hose he made the heat seem like a cake walk compared to the ass chewing and running laps or sprints. 😁 They couldn't do that now though without getting into trouble.

Get ready for the heat and humidity of the sec folks. Don't wanna hear no cryin now, cause Shit's about to get really hot and humid for SOONERS real soon! Keep the whisky hot is my suggestion. JMHO. 😁

Practicing in the heat during 2 a days sure was hot back in the day and if our Coach caught you with your helmet off or at the water hose he made the heat seem like a cake walk compared to the ass chewing and running laps or sprints. 😁 They couldn't do that now though without getting into trouble.
NCAA banned 2 a day practices in 2017. Quite a few programs, OU included, had already abandoned 2 a day practices before the NCAA banned it. But I definitely recall the 2 a day practices, especially when the drunk red suited clown coached. I think we had upwards of 20 OU players with bonafife heat strokes that August.

I was on the field an hour before the game at 10 a.m. and it was very hot and not much breeze. I felt sorry for the fans on the east side. Direct sun the entire game.
It was a rough day for certain fans for sure. Sorry I missed you and @iasooner2000 this past weekend. I know Gary is coming again in November which will be much better for me to meet him. We'll definitely hook up next game that you're in town.

NCAA banned 2 a day practices in 2017. Quite a few programs, OU included, had already abandoned 2 a day practices before the NCAA banned it. But I definitely recall the 2 a day practices, especially when the drunk red suited clown coached. I think we had upwards of 20 OU players with bonafife heat strokes that August.

Yeah I still cannot believe we didn't have anoyone fall out from HS back in the day. Blistering heat and no water breaks until they said so. Saw many people puke a lot though. This was back in the late 70's early 80's, maybe we were just better adjusted to it back then because we were always outside during the Summer when School was out. I really don't know why it was so rare then and sometime around the mid late 90's onward it seemed to happen a lot all of a sudden.
I also remember them giving us salt tablets before the games if it was really hot.

I even talked to friends from my HS after they graduated and went into the Service they all said our 2 a days were tougher than their Boot Camp. We always looked at 2 a days as a punishment and it really felt that way. Looking back on it it still feels like it was.

It was a rough day for certain fans for sure. Sorry I missed you and @iasooner2000 this past weekend. I know Gary is coming again in November which will be much better for me to meet him. We'll definitely hook up next game that you're in town.

Glad someone can get an answer out of the G Man, he won't answer my email 🤣🤣
I guess he just likes you better @Medic007 😁
Can't blame him there though.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT