ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Corn game thread

Good game by the Huskers, and I thought their QB outplayed Rattler

Good game, but not a great game by our defense. They made plays when they had to. Tackled pretty well.

Offense was pretty shaky, although the Grey kid looks electric. I respect brooks, but carries need to be 80/20 favoring Grey.

Offensive line is okay, but not nearly at the level of Murray's year, or Baker's last year. Need a shifty back like Gray to help counter weaker run blocking.

Rattler needs at least one more year of experience before he's ready for the NFL. It's silly to talk about him playing against NFL defenses. He really needs to do the whole bit at OU. Let Riley coach him up. Come out after his senior campaign.
I don't think Rattler has another year he will not start next year...the way he is going he may not finish the year starting.

Good game by the Huskers, and I thought their QB outplayed Rattler

Good game, but not a great game by our defense. They made plays when they had to. Tackled pretty well.

Offense was pretty shaky, although the Grey kid looks electric. I respect brooks, but carries need to be 80/20 favoring Grey.

Offensive line is okay, but not nearly at the level of Murray's year, or Baker's last year. Need a shifty back like Gray to help counter weaker run blocking.

Rattler needs at least one more year of experience before he's ready for the NFL. It's silly to talk about him playing against NFL defenses. He really needs to do the whole bit at OU. Let Riley coach him up. Come out after his senior campaign.
Agree but you think Williams will be on board for that?

Rattler isn't getting good protection as the o-line has not adequately replaced Humphrey at center and all-conference tackle Adrian Ealy . Bedenbaugh has a lot of work to do. When and if he succeeds, Rattler will be much better.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Rattler isn't getting good protection as the o-line has not replaced Humphrey at center and all-conference tackle Adrian Ealy . Bedenbaugh has a lot of work to do. When and if he succeeds, Rattler will be much better.
I disagree. Rattler makes the line look bad by waiting 3+ seconds to find a receiver... Makes the receivers look bad to that point as well.

I disagree. Rattler makes the line look bad by waiting 3+ seconds to find a receiver... Makes the receivers look bad to that point as well.
Good o-lines give quarterbacks 3 or more seconds to throw. Rattler was hurried too often.
And with OU's alarming depth issue at running back, there's yet another issue to contend with. Knowles and Hudson are evidently not deemed by Riley as reliable options in tight games.

Good o-lines give quarterbacks 3 or more seconds to throw. Rattler was hurried too often.
And with OU's alarming depth issue at running back, there's yet another issue to contend with. Knowles and Hudson are evidently not deemed by Riley as reliable options in tight games.

Thats what I saw too, the line couldn't keep Nebraska off Rattler. Nebraska's defense didn't allow him to get comfortable in the pocket today. And when he did have a lot of time to throw there was nobody getting open.
I also don't think this game was closer than it should have been, it was close because we are not at least as of yet anyway as good as our ranking. Take away the cupcake win last week and OU has only played one decent half so far this season and that was vs Tulane then the offense went into a shell for the second half of that game. They only mustered 7 points today against an unranked team in the first half. The offense is sputtering and is a concern going forward.

Thats what I saw too, the line couldn't keep Nebraska off Rattler. Nebraska's defense didn't allow him to get comfortable in the pocket today. And when he did have a lot of time to throw there was nobody getting open.
I also don't think this game was closer than it should have been, it was close because we are not at least as of yet anyway as good as our ranking. Take away the cupcake win last week and OU has only played one decent half so far this season and that was vs Tulane then the offense went into a shell for the second half of that game. They only mustered 7 points today against an unranked team in the first half. The offense is sputtering and is a concern going forward.
Defense won todays game. When's the last time that's happened?

I guess I'm not sure. Would Williams go into the portal if Rattler stayed one more year? How about two more years?

I just think (and this is just my opinion) Rattler might be struggling to read defenses a little. I'll go back and watch the game again, but I don't think he had a lot of long completions this game, even though he had some pretty clean pockets.

We've got some guys that can take the tops off the defense right? Mimms and Mario Williams? Rattler isn't getting the ball downfield to them though.

He just a sophomore. He's got the arm, and the mechanics too. And if he stays at least one more year, and let's Riley coach him, he'll probably be a first round NFL draft choice. But I don't think he is now, nor will he be by the end of the season. Just my humble opinion.

Meanwhile, Camar Wheaton has yet to play a snap at Alabama

Defense won todays game. When's the last time that's happened?

Not often thats for sure.
Maybe its just me but it seems that we never have the defense and the offense both show up at the same time, its one or the other. And if the offense doesn't start clicking we may need the defense to win quite a few more. That doesn't even sound right 😁

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Rattler doesn't have one thing that the last three guys had, and that is a legitimate threat with his legs. That deficiency takes a lot of pressure off of the opposing defenses. It would be nice to see LR sprinkle in at least a few plays a game for Caleb Williams

NFL average is 2.72. harder to find collegiate averages.

I stick by my comment. I saw it like ill prepared plays, calls, preparation, and decision making.

Great QB's see the play before it starts and know where they're going because they're smarter than the defense.

Rattler flies by the seat of his pants, and he's more successful than not because of his athleticism.

I struggle to find too much blame on our OLine. Like I said earlier, not world beaters, in my opinion. Not that insane line that Jason White held in the mid-2000s, but they're better than the early Bradford line that got his shoulder destroyed. They're somewhere in-between.

My man, we've got the cream of the crop at reciever position. We gotta get Rattler and the oline on track. It's a work in progress. Imo
Yep. A win is a win. We started ugly last year and lost a couple but finished strong. A similar performance with no losses would be awesome for this season. 3-0. That's all that matters going into the next game.

Yep. A win is a win. We started ugly last year and lost a couple but finished strong. A similar performance with no losses would be awesome for this season. 3-0. That's all that matters going into the next game.
Well, I don't feel as confident as you being 3-0. While I was impressed with OUr defense and progress as of today, it's OUr offense that seems to have problems now if that's even believable.

Well, I don't feel as confident as you being 3-0. While I was impressed with OUr defense and progress as of today, it's OUr offense that seems to have problems now if that's even believable.
This situation can be spun any which way we want to spin it.

Tulane was a decent team last year and came to us with a lot of excitement....

We were 37-14 at half.

Against an inadequate FCS team, we won 76-0.

Against our historical rival, we won 23-16.

We're 3-0.

Think about just those words above and nothing more from what you've seen. We're doing well, and I like to look at it that way until I'm proven wrong.

This situation can be spun any which way we want to spin it.

Tulane was a decent team last year and came to us with a lot of excitement....

We were 37-14 at half.

Against an inadequate FCS team, we won 76-0.

Against our historical rival, we won 23-16.

We're 3-0.

Think about just those words above and nothing more from what you've seen. We're doing well, and I like to look at it that way until I'm proven wrong.
Why was it difficult understanding my post?

NFL average is 2.72. harder to find collegiate averages.

I stick by my comment. I saw it like ill prepared plays, calls, preparation, and decision making.

Great QB's see the play before it starts and know where they're going because they're smarter than the defense.

Rattler flies by the seat of his pants, and he's more successful than not because of his athleticism.

I struggle to find too much blame on our OLine. Like I said earlier, not world beaters, in my opinion. Not that insane line that Jason White held in the mid-2000s, but they're better than the early Bradford line that got his shoulder destroyed. They're somewhere in-between.
Rattler was under pressure throughout the game for whatever reasons.
And this year’s o-line is a work in process, even with some highly recruited linemen. Thing to remember from today is how Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson have struggled. Name of the game is to survive even if it means winning ugly.

Lets be honest...we are overrated this year. Rattler is a little erratic and we have no down field passing game. Where are all the explosive playmakers we were supposed to have?

After today its hard to tell how good anyone is at this point. Bama won a tight one, Clemson pulled one out and their offense is on life support right now. When the rain delay is over I want to see how ole miss fares against tulane.
I got a little smack talk from an ole miss fan when we barely beat tulane. 😁

Reactions: iasooner2000
Until you can explain the point out..... Yeah, biggest head here. Deflate it.

If my attempt at positivity for our team irked you, I'm sorry. It will happen again though.

If you'd rather continue with chippy back and back, I'd suggest you're likely outrunning your coverage. Mine extends into the nebula.
Gotta let you do yer thing brother, good luck.

Says the tail tucker every time.

Paraphrased thread, since you're not interested in realization and apologies...

Medic defended the team performance.

Pay for Booty wrote (paraphrased) - I don't know how you can be encouraged.

Me ( Junior Cumquat paraphrased) - I get both angles and can argue either way, but I like to stay positive.

Loose Well Hole - "what did you not understand about my post?"

Knowing I'm stupid and loose lipped, I apologized assuming I'm in the wrong.

Then I read it all back, and I was totally brain dead trying to understand how I was misinterpreted. I still don't get it.

Does that help you understand the "weird posts" Oklahoma?
God dam, I guess I just got voted out of the club. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT