ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Corn game thread

Rattler completes passes that alot of other qb's can't. Those 2 he threw to Stoops had to be in specific spots. The pass int. against Haselwood was bs.
Rattler undoubtedly has the skills to do what no other QB in the country can.

Some guys just have that winner instinct and see everything, and some don't.

Think about how amazing Heupel was... Had the Heisman robbed from him. However, he was maybe one of the most un-athletic players I've ever seen.

Heck, even Tom Brady continually professes how un-athletic he is and is just lucky there's a position in football that taps into his given gifts.

Who missed the coverage on the TE down field?

I think it's the nature of having 2 guys spying and fearing Martinez now. We're gambling for him to find the inevitably open guy

Nebraska's staff has done a good job to understand that nature of our defense and run plays with expected open players where Martinez doesn't have to think. He knows which guy will be open and he's committing to that expectation fully.... and it's working as planned.

SoonerMike (I think) warned this board a couple of days ago that Martinez was going to have a big game against us, and his post was largely overlooked.

I gotta give it to Mike, though. He was right. If I'm remembering who posted it incorrectly, I apologize.

PS - and if my memory serves me well, sooner Mike is a former player.. Used to post a lot and dropped off when there was too much sissy drama on this board. He pokes in and still drops a line here and there.

Me looking at Riley.
giphy.gif

Good game by the Huskers, and I thought their QB outplayed Rattler

Good game, but not a great game by our defense. They made plays when they had to. Tackled pretty well.

Offense was pretty shaky, although the Grey kid looks electric. I respect brooks, but carries need to be 80/20 favoring Grey.

Offensive line is okay, but not nearly at the level of Murray's year, or Baker's last year. Need a shifty back like Gray to help counter weaker run blocking.

Rattler needs at least one more year of experience before he's ready for the NFL. It's silly to talk about him playing against NFL defenses. He really needs to do the whole bit at OU. Let Riley coach him up. Come out after his senior campaign.

Good game by the Huskers, and I thought their QB outplayed Rattler

Good game, but not a great game by our defense. They made plays when they had to. Tackled pretty well.

Offense was pretty shaky, although the Grey kid looks electric. I respect brooks, but carries need to be 80/20 favoring Grey.

Offensive line is okay, but not nearly at the level of Murray's year, or Baker's last year. Need a shifty back like Gray to help counter weaker run blocking.

Rattler needs at least one more year of experience before he's ready for the NFL. It's silly to talk about him playing against NFL defenses. He really needs to do the whole bit at OU. Let Riley coach him up. Come out after his senior campaign.
If Rattler stays another year, it’s very likely he will be the backup or at least sharing the QB duties.

Defense needs to stop with the celebrating and get set.
A win is a win as they say.
We have a long way to go.
After years of ineptitude they deserve it brother. They deserve to dance. I was impressed with the d today. Neb walked on broken plays offensively all day today. Now, if we can get some kind of continuity on offense? Rattler has looked hesitant and his decision making has been average at best. We'll find OUr way. OUr bread and butter just might be running the ball more this season. Clock management is something I don't think Riley has ever really been concerned with.

OU has played two unranked FBS opponents, winning by an average score of 34-29. The level of play will need to improve immensely if this team is going to be a legitimate playoff contender.

OU has played two unranked FBS opponents, winning by an average score of 34-29. The level of play will need to improve immensely if this team is going to be a legitimate playoff contender.
There he is, " the average score guy".

After years of ineptitude they deserve it brother. They deserve to dance. I was impressed with the d today. Neb walked on broken plays offensively all day today. Now, if we can get some kind of continuity on offense? Rattler has looked hesitant and his decision making has been average at best. We'll find OUr way. OUr bread and butter just might be running the ball more this season. Clock management is something I don't think Riley has ever really been concerned with.

I don't mind them celebrating, on those last 2 plays they couldn't get in position before the ball was snapped. The game wasn't over at that point is all I was saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT