ADVERTISEMENT

OT Steve Kerr Golden St. head coach says it best about gun violence as a public health issue

LATEST LARGE NATIONAL POLL TAKEN JUST 4 DAYS AGO OF WHICH THE MAJORITY OF REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATS WANT SOME GUN CONTROL POLICY

1. PREVENTING THE MENTALLY ILL FROM PURCHASING GUNS
GOP 89% approve DEMS 89% approve

2. BANNING GUN PURCHASES BY PEOPLE ON NO FLY OR WATCH LISTS
GOP 82% approve DEMS 85% approve

3. HAVING BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR PRIVATE SALES AND AT GUN SHOWS
GOP 77% approve DEMS 90% approve

4. CREATE FEDERAL DATA BASE TO TRACK GUN SALES
GOP 56% approve DEMS 84% approve

5. BANNING ASSAULT STYLE WEAPONS
GOP 54% approve DEMS 80% approve

THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS BOTH GOP AND DEMS WANT APPROVAL OF GUN CONTROL POLICIES ABOVE BUT NRA DOES NOT WANT THE WISHES OF THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS TO BE PUT INTO LAW.
Bull, you just copy/pasted from a link you posted earlier. You have anything new to add to this discussion?? Or you gonna just do your usual thing and regurgitate previous crap in ALL CAPS??

Last edited:
“The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widely spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.”
Bertrand Russell

BTW Bull, you do realize why there is so much hesitation by those in Congress to pass any new gun control legislation don't you?? Even by those in Congress who vocally want more gun control. They still are hesitant to vote for new gun control legislation. Do you happen to know why?? I mean I already know the answer, but I am curious if you know enough about what's going on to know the answer as well.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
WHY ARE YOU YELLING? YUO MAD BRO?

Bull, Seriously...so you didn't answer me. Are you telling us that you did not know that the killer was engaged by guy w/ another AR15?

That weapon which the majority of Americans both republicans and democrats want banned just killed 26 innocent people including 12 dead children and wounded 50 more .

Yes WNAS its great that the killer was shot by a similar weapon but maybe if this weapon was banned, 26 people would be alive today as would 58 people dead in La Vegas would today be alive.

That weapon which the majority of Americans both republicans and democrats want banned just killed 26 innocent people including 12 dead children and wounded 50 more .

Yes WNAS its great that the killer was shot by a similar weapon but maybe if this weapon was banned, 26 people would be alive today as would 58 people dead in La Vegas would today be alive.

He should not have been able to buy this gun or any gun. Laws were in place already. They were just mis-managed. Thank God for the NRA member and trainer! He saved the lives of the other 26 people in the church.

He should not have been able to buy this gun or any gun. Laws were in place already. They were just mis-managed. Thank God for the NRA member and trainer! He saved the lives of the other 26 people in the church.

This weapon should not have been available to anybody if they were banned liked the majority of Americans want

This weapon should not have been available to anybody if they were banned liked the majority of Americans want
Why should law abiding citizens in this country give up their freedoms to own these firearms because the laws on the books that SHOULD have prevented this lunatic from buying this weapon fail?? Why make law abiding citizens pay the price and suffer the consequences for the failures of legislation??

Too many people have no clue what an automatic gun vs a semi automatic. So I'll leave you w/ this....

Do you blame the bomb or the bomber?
Do you blame the truck or the driver?
Do you blame the gun or the shooter?

Taking guns from law abiding citizens will never happen. It won't. So deal w/ it. Get a gun, Get a license. Get to carrying. Protect yourself, your loved ones, and even those that don't believe they need your help. Peace out!

Well if the majority of Americans really want this, then an Amendment to the Constitution is the next move. Without it, you're just blowing smoke up your own butt. The Supreme Court has protected my rights.

Supreme Court > media's polls.

So does this mean you don't care about the lives that were lost in the VTech and Luby's shootings?? How about the Ft Hood victims?? What about the victims in the Binghamtom shooting?? Or even the Washington Naval Yard shooting?? Don't the victims in those shootings mean anything to you as well?? Or is this just all about going after "military assault weapons"???

Yep. But don't take my word for it. Link below. Notice they all say "semiautomatic." And you can't buy the parts to convert them to full auto without a lot of government involvement.

https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/shooting/firearms/modern-sporting-rifles--1

Medic you are correct that I know very little about guns. I just see these massacres and I want something to be done to stop them. I do know the NRA with their millions prevents Congress for voting anything anti-gun.

Reactions: Medic007
Medic you are correct that I know very little about guns. I just see these massacres and I want something to be done to stop them. I do know the NRA with their millions prevents Congress for voting anything anti-gun.
It's not the NRA using millions of dollars to prevent Congress from voting. The NRA cannot prevent them from putting together legislation and putting it up for a vote. But anyone in Congress knows the NRA will rally the support of their members and supporters in the districts and states of ANYONE who pushes gun control legislation. One thing about the gun loving populace in this country....they are overwhelmingly patriotic, love this country, and are damn proud to be Americans. So they will turn out in droves to vote to protect their rights to keep their guns. When the NRA threatens to awaken that kind of support, anyone in Congress knows they are risking their political careers when they go down the path of voting on any gun control legislation. So it's the people of this country, NOT the NRA that holds the real power in keeping gun control legislation at bay.

It speaks volumes Bull, that you failed to answer my question earlier. If you could answer that question, then you would know this about the NRA and the support the have behind them.

bull, here's the deal for me. Bad guys are acquiring and using body armor in increasing frequency. The church shooter was wearing body armor with a rifle plate in the front. I'd love to be able to think that owning a revolver to defend myself will get the job done. A six shot revolver will be no match for 3 body armor wearing bad guys that decide to do a home invasion robbery at my house. That's exactly why I own an AR15. Is the possibility of that happening high? Not at all. But it isn't zero either. I have friends in law enforcement and see the trends. There's a reason most officers are now issued AR15s for duty these days.

I wish we still lived in the times of Mayberry Ave. But we don't and I have prepared to defend my family based on current threats. And that's why I'm against a ban on semiautomatic rifles. I'm not willing to be a willing victim. There's a lot of change that has happened in our society over the years, some of which you and I can probably agree hasn't been the most positive. Semiautomatic rifles have been around for a long time. The semiautomatic Colt AR15 was first produced in 1964. I bought my first AR15 in 1992. The rifles aren't the problem.

The killer in Las Vegas used a part called a bump stock to convert his semi automatic to a full automatic.
And even those didn't convert the guns to full automatic fire. The Slide Fire stock uses the recoil of the gun to produce the individual trigger pulls at a much higher rate, but every round is fired by an individual trigger pull. And I'm a strong believer that those showed be banned. I was shocked that the ATF approved them

bull, here's the deal for me. Bad guys are acquiring and using body armor in increasing frequency. The church shooter was wearing body armor with a rifle plate in the front. I'd love to be able to think that owning a revolver to defend myself will get the job done. A six shot revolver will be no match for 3 body armor wearing bad guys that decide to do a home invasion robbery at my house. That's exactly why I own an AR15. Is the possibility of that happening high? Not at all. But it isn't zero either. I have friends in law enforcement and see the trends. There's a reason most officers are now issued AR15s for duty these days.

I wish we still lived in the times of Mayberry Ave. But we don't and I have prepared to defend my family based on current threats. And that's why I'm against a ban on semiautomatic rifles. I'm not willing to be a willing victim. There's a lot of change that has happened in our society over the years, some of which you and I can probably agree hasn't been the most positive. Semiautomatic rifles have been around for a long time. The semiautomatic Colt AR15 was first produced in 1964. I bought my first AR15 in 1992. The rifles aren't the problem.

Again Medic since I know very little about guns but seeing that Academy ad where anyone can walk off of the street and buy themselves an AR 15 gives me chill bumps.

A guy who has devious intentions can go to his neighborhood Academy and buys himself an AR 15 then goes to a church on Sunday and murders 30 innocent people.

There is something very wrong with this happening in America.

There has to be a way to stop these AR15 massacres and it has to start with banning the AR15 this weapon of death. .This is what the majority of Americans want.

Last edited:
Again Medic since I know very little about guns but seeing that Academy ad where anyone can walk off of the street and buy themselves an AR 15 gives me chill bumps.

A guy who has devious intensions can go to his neighborhood Academy and buys himself an AR 15 then goes to a church on Sunday and murders 30 innocent people.

There has to be a way to stop these AR15 massacres and it has to start with banning the AR15 this weapon of death. .
A guy with good intentions can go into his neighborhood Academy and buy himself an AR15 and hopefully stop the guy trying to murder 30 innocent people. Oh wait...that's right thats what happened the other day!!! If not for a good guy with an AR15, that shooting likely would have been worse.

But hey, if these "weapons of death" are banned, then what happens when the next round of mass shootings start occuring with handguns??

A guy who has devious intentions can go to his neighborhood Academy and buys himself an AR 15 then goes to a church on Sunday and murders 30 innocent people.

There has to be a way to stop these AR15 massacres and it has to start with banning the AR15 this weapon of death. .This is what the majority of Americans want.

If you know so little about guns then why are you arguing with someone who does?It makes no sense to argue a point you know nothing about?There is a term for that.

If you know so little about guns then why are you arguing with someone who does?It makes no sense to argue a point you know nothing about?There is a term for that.

Yes, I know very little about guns but I see the mass killings happening in America Like most Americans I am very troubled by these mass killings of innocent people primarily by AR15 semi automatic rifles.

I along with the majority of Americans want these weapons banned.
(Read the opening post in this thread and the words by Steve Kerr.).

It doesn't take any knowledge about guns to see these many massacres of innocent people
by semi automatic rifles.

Something needs to change NOW to end these mass murders.

I along with the majority of Americans want these weapons banned.
Reminds me of the country leading up to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. Support from Americans back then was upwards of 70% to ban the weapons. So Clinton pushes forward and gets it done. The political disaster the Democrats suffered in the 1994 midterms was one for the history books. Even Dems who voted against the bill were targeted and lost simply because they were associated with Clinton in the same political party. All that support Americans had showed in the polls wasn't there when they went to the ballot box.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
hysteria (n.)
nervous disease, 1801, coined in medical Latin as an abstract noun from Greek hystera "womb," from PIE *udtero-, variant of *udero- "abdomen, womb, stomach" (see uterus). Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women and thought to be caused by a dysfunction of the uterus. With abstract noun ending -ia. General sense of "unhealthy emotion or excitement" is by 1839.

This thread is way too long for me to read everything posted. But. I believe the Israelies have, for the most part, solved the problem. Don't know if this has already been mentioned. Forgive me if it has.

Embrace spirituality whose end game is not to destroy or kill the infidel. Profile the crap out of their residents, get a FIRM grip on who they allow to enter their country, and don't live their lives under the mostly ridiculous PC bull. Enact mental health reforms and attack vigorously the drug trade.

Too many soft targets in this country. Many churches provide legally armed members to be a deterrent to such violence. My son, a cop, provides training for these members and also patrols the perimeter of the church. Schools are strongly considering options similar.

After the MGM is sued out the wazoo, strict safety measures will be conducted in such facilities and others to make them less inviting to evil forces.

Last edited:
Another point if I may.

The only potential mass murders in Israel is from missiles launched against them from outside countries. Israrel kicks butt and takes names even though they are surrounded on all sides from hostile and radicalized neighbors. Yet, their residents can sleep fairly well at night.

Yes.
I trust this government about as far as Benghazi, Antifa, and Clinton's DNC. And yes this Jeb, along w/ cousin Cletus, and brother Billy Bob will defend ourselves this best we can w/ them fly swatters and most likely will do the same for you and your loved ones. And I'm thinking that close to 75- 80% of the military w/ be fighting right next to me, brother and cousin. Naivety is an easy man's game.
Wow. What do you think about the stuff “they”are putting in the water to make the frogs queer?

This discussion started reminding me about the North Hollywood bank robbery exactly 20 years ago. Some say this was prompted by the famous scene in the movie, "Heat", with Deniro and Pacino.

These guys couldn't legally own firearms, but they did (as usual). And these guns were illegally modified to operate automatically. They were successful for $1.5M in robberies prior to this. Quite the success, and they were a hair away (if they had been more coordinated) from escape on this day. Officers were reported to have radio broadcasted not to follow pursuit of the escape vehicle because their weapons were insufficient to return fire. They showed American crooks everywhere the blueprint for a successful bank robbery, yet we haven't seen the likings since. What changed? Officers everywhere were upgraded to units with AR-15s. Just saying.

This just came to mind, because I live next to this BoA now and use it frequently, so I'm often reminded about this story. My ex-wife was also robbed at gunpoint exiting this BoA decades ago (another simply anecdotal story). If you've forgotten it, it's a very interesting Wiki read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT