ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon tape has been released

Exactly. Joe Mixon turns to walk away and she put her hands on him... TWICE...

Joe Mixon did nothing to provoke the assault that she dished out...

My brother would have a field day with this in court...

Indeed. Looked to me like some crazy betch went after a guy who was walking away. I'd have floored her ass too. I'd have had a field day with this in court too.

I don't think the legality of what happened is the issue. Joe clearly was an assault victim, okay. That's not what people are questioning. Mixon knew he had screwed up a second after the girl fell to the floor. He immediately turned and left the restaurant and I imagine he was feeling that hot rush that you get when you know that you have f***ed up big time. Like getting stopped by a cop after a night out drinking. So he knows he shouldn't have hit her. And that's the issue. Now Bob is going to be judged by the masses, which is not good for OU. None of us should be surprised, or upset with those that persist to question his motives.
Agree. Just a sad thing for OU. The parking lot incident means more now after seeing the video. He better keep his nose squeaky clean.

Reactions: Oklabama
I'm not an 18-year old African American male from California going to school in Oklahoma, when a 20-year old white female, who was intoxicated, calls me ******, spits on me and slaps me. So, I'm not sure how I'd react, but I can see how Molitor's actions led to Mixon's reaction. I certainly don't condone what happened and would like to think that I would have shown some restraint, but I've not walked a mile in Mixon's shoes either.

The similarities are amazing. One is a split second reaction by an 18 year old and the other was middle aged men premeditatedly committing/covering up decades of pedophilic rape. While Mixon's action (singular) is indefensible, anyone who compares the two has, at best, a room temperature IQ.

I agree... if the room is really cold

Investigation: Iowa second among top 25 schools in football player arrests
(AP March 2011 Cedar Rapids Gazette)

Glass houses much, doormat ?

What's your point? The dude said they wouldn't sell their souls for meaningless hardware and titles. Obviously, they haven't, or there would be some hardware and titles to show for it. Looks like they're just giving their souls away for nothing.

:cool:

Agree. Just a sad thing for OU. The parking lot incident means more now after seeing the video. He better keep his nose squeaky clean.

Joe is off to the NFL but for a lot less money now. The truth is that he will get an opportunity to demonstrate that this incident was simply an error in judgment and can recover if he does the rights things in the future. That's all any of us can ask when we've done something wrong.

Joe is off to the NFL but for a lot less money now. The truth is that he will get an opportunity to demonstrate that this incident was simply an error in judgment and can recover if he does the rights things in the future. That's all any of us can ask when we've done something wrong.
Agree with you, but I'm not sure playing in the NFL gives Mixon or anyone a chance to redeem themselves.

The more I watch the tape, the more I become convinced that the suspension was unwarranted, much less dismissal from the team, expulsion, prosecution, etc. JM started to walk away. #AmeliaMolitor went after him, shoving him and apparently slapping his face. Mixon delivered one blow and walked away when the aggressor was no longer a threat. Textbook self-defense. Since the civil case is in federal court, Mixon's lawyers need to Rule 11 that betch.

Agree with you, but I'm not sure playing in the NFL gives Mixon or anyone a chance to redeem themselves.

Your exactly right about the NFL. But he can still turn his life around regardless. All that the NFL provides is a platform. If he doesn't make as a pro it will only mean that the masses won't know about it, the people around him will. That's enough. IMO.

Reactions: iasooner1
I'm not an 18-year old African American male from California going to school in Oklahoma, when a 20-year old white female, who was intoxicated, calls me ******, spits on me and slaps me. So, I'm not sure how I'd react, but I can see how Molitor's actions led to Mixon's reaction. I certainly don't condone what happened and would like to think that I would have shown some restraint, but I've not walked a mile in Mixon's shoes either.
Or run over 1000 Yards in them, either? ;)

The tape was pretty much as I expected, on Joe's part, but Much MORE than I expected from The Molitor...The one thing that I THOUGHT I saw, that was Very Surprising, was the gal seeming to motion Joe over to her...Anyway else 'get that' from their viewing? When he came through the door, he did not appear to be 'A Man On a Mission'...

If there's a good meet in the middle spot from Troy, Texas to Durant, Oklahoma, I'd be happy to attend the ceremonies. Hell I'll hand out participation trophies.
Dallas, Texas, Hollywooooood... I ain't askin' for much...

I'll be downtown looking for Mr. Tush... ha!

Exactly. Joe Mixon turns to walk away and she put her hands on him... TWICE...

Joe Mixon did nothing to provoke the assault that she dished out...

My brother would have a field day with this in court...
Men should be taught to NEVER hit a woman.....under any circumstance. This is partly what is wrong with society. Being the father of 2 daughters, I cannot agree with your stance on this one......or even trying to defend it. Sad, sad situation on all accounts.

The one thing that I THOUGHT I saw, that was Very Surprising, was the gal seeming to motion Joe over to her...Anyway else 'get that' from their viewing?
Yes. I also got that she was talking to someone in a blue hat, who later got up and was wearing a blue shirt with an 08 on it. What was she telling him, and why did he not seem to care after she got knocked out?

Reactions: JConXtsy
Men should be taught to NEVER hit a woman.....under any circumstance. This is partly what is wrong with society. Being the father of 2 daughters, I cannot agree with your stance on this one......or even trying to defend it. Sad, sad situation on all accounts.
Your two daughters should be taught the same...

Is it okay for a woman to hit a man? Is it?

As I've said repeatedly, I don't condone his actions. I also don't condone a holier than thou wench using racial slurs and putting her hands on someone who is obviously trying to walk away...

The tape was pretty much as I expected, on Joe's part, but Much MORE than I expected from The Molitor...The one thing that I THOUGHT I saw, that was Very Surprising, was the gal seeming to motion Joe over to her...Anyway else 'get that' from their viewing? When he came through the door, he did not appear to be 'A Man On a Mission'...
Agree.
Question to you Senior Sooner is: how do you feel this event will impact OU both on and off the field ? Aside from who provoked who, I have to be concerned with OU's reputation.....and right now, the least of my concern is Mixon's future at OU.
When stuff like this happens, even we as fans have to endure the barbs and taunts by opposing fan bases whose condemnation is directed at us as much as it is Stoops and OU.
I remember 1989.
However fair or unfair, the blow back on this situation may dictate Mixon's exit from OU.

Reactions: Oklabama
Your two daughters should be taught the same...

Is it okay for a woman to hit a man? Is it?

As I've said repeatedly, I don't condone his actions. I also don't condone a holier than thou wench using racial slurs and putting her hands on someone who is obviously trying to walk away...

Is there video of the beating you took from a girl? Sounds like you may need a therapy dog.

Reactions: RKRLONGHORNS
The more I watch the tape, the more I become convinced that the suspension was unwarranted, much less dismissal from the team, expulsion, prosecution, etc. JM started to walk away. #AmeliaMolitor went after him, shoving him and apparently slapping his face. Mixon delivered one blow and walked away when the aggressor was no longer a threat. Textbook self-defense. Since the civil case is in federal court, Mixon's lawyers need to Rule 11 that betch.

Stuff like this...

Coming over from the Nebraska boards. I love OU and our history that goes back, I've snooped around here occasionally over the years. I'll say it though, to those outside Oklahoma/your fanbase, you guys look crazy for even attempting to defend Mixon. For some, they don't even know how you can defend Stoops. I hope he doesn't get canned!

Stuff like this...

Coming over from the Nebraska boards. I love OU and our history that goes back, I've snooped around here occasionally over the years. I'll say it though, to those outside Oklahoma/your fanbase, you guys look crazy for even attempting to defend Mixon. For some, they don't even know how you can defend Stoops. I hope he doesn't get canned!
I am sure there are plenty with stones in their hands waiting to throw them. I will always love OU. Mixon has nothing to do put prove he can change and be a real man.

Perception matters.

There's no doubt about it. But this was expected. And has been dealt with. OU just needs to turn on the PR campaigning of the good things. The need to fight back a bit. Do the painful interviews, explain there storied history, blah, blah, blah. As someone posted earlier, this is no PSU story. Not even close, but they had a huge PR problem and they have overcome it.

Get busy OU officials. From Boren on down... you bought & paid for today's headlines.

Last edited:
How can anyone be proud of that behavior?

How can you defend it?

He followed her in and pummeled her.

Unbelievable.
Are you proud of her? Had she been a man would her actions be unacceptable?

She motioned him to the table she was standing at, did she not?

When he started to leave, did she not reach out and shove him? Did she not put her hands on him before he hit her?

Under any circumstance? BS. I hope you've taught your daughters to defend themselves. And also NOT assault any man. What your saying is that she gets a pass because of gender which is BS. After viewing the video, if she's man enough to call a large black man the N word, spit on him, push him, and then slap him, she's man enough to get her azz kicked. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT