ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon tape has been released

CT, the only way that to happen is for Joe to quit or make that decision, right?
Maybe, but the outrage that's sure to come from the national media will be hard to overcome....and the jeers and taunts forthcoming may be too much for Mixon.
Clearly Mixon was provoked, but what Molitor did should not have been deserving of such a retaliation.....and why did Mixon even approach the table she was sitting at ?

Maybe, but the outrage that's sure to come from the national media will be hard to overcome....and the jeers and taunts forthcoming may be too much for Mixon.
Clearly Mixon was provoked, but what Molitor did should not have been deserving of such a retaliation.....and why did Mixon even approach the table she was sitting at ?

I know what you're saying. Bob can't sit him out since he has already served his time and Joe should be prepared for whatever comes. His attorney released the video so I would imagine that Joe had to be okay with the timing. I'm surprised that they didn't wait until after the bowl game. I bet that girl thinks twice before slapping a guy again. That was one hell of a punch.

Disgusting. Provoked?....are you kidding. There is no provocation that remotely justifies such an act....jobs should be lost over this kid remaining on scholarship. I'm an Iowa State fan and have always rooted for OU when we're not playing each other...but I will never do so again while the coach that kept that kid on the team remains in place. I have three daughters, and watching that video just plain made me sick. That kid should be doing 5-10 years hard time for that act, and a little girl pushing him is irrelevant to that kind of retaliation.

Provoked?....are you kidding. There is no provocation that remotely justifies such an act.
Exactly. Joe Mixon turns to walk away and she put her hands on him... TWICE...

Joe Mixon did nothing to provoke the assault that she dished out...

My brother would have a field day with this in court...

Reactions: veritas59
You guys are delirious just like Pedo State fans. Keeping this thug on your team should cause people to lose their jobs.

The similarities are amazing. One is a split second reaction by an 18 year old and the other was middle aged men premeditatedly committing/covering up decades of pedophilic rape. While Mixon's action (singular) is indefensible, anyone who compares the two has, at best, a room temperature IQ.

Last edited:
The similarities are amazing. One is a split second reaction by an 18 year old and the other was middle aged men perpetuating/covering up decades of pedophilic rape. While Mixon's action (singular) is indefensible, anyone who compares the two has, at best, a room temperature IQ.
Yes, apparently to the brainless, the rape of under aged boys equals punching an adult in her face. The special education staff wants their student back.

Exactly. Joe Mixon turns to walk away and she put her hands on him... TWICE...

Joe Mixon did nothing to provoke the assault that she dished out...

My brother would have a field day with this in court...
You've got to be kidding. What Joe did was so criminal. If a dog pisses on me twice, it doesn't give me the justification to shoot him.

Last edited:
You've got to kidding. What Joe did was so criminal. If a dog pisses on me twice, it doesn't give me the justification to shoot him.
Kidding? No. Im not kidding. i do not condone his choice of hitting her. I do see what happens in the video. She shoves him, then she slaps him. By law, that is assault. Period.

Spin it however you want. She assaulted him, plain and simple...

I didn't equate the crime as the same,but both fan bases acted like their programs are a victim in this case. He has no business of being a part of any University after that act.
When you outweigh someone by 100 lbs and are exponentially bigger, faster, stronger .... punching them full force in the face can kill them. Are you retarded enough to think that this guy still deserves to have his education paid for?
One fanbase supported a coach who knew about and did nothing about a pedophile.

The other fanbase has questioned the decision to keep the female puncher on the team since day one.

Are you too retarded to see the difference "Packer?" You've already answered that question...

This incident does not define the university, the athletic department, the coaches, players (past and present) or the wining tradition and legacy of OU football. I don't condone what happened and although Mixon and Stoops will be judged, attacked and ridiculed by many, I remain loyal and dedicated to my alma mater and will be proud to be a Sooner until the day I die.

Kidding? No. Im not kidding. i do not condone his choice of hitting her. I do see what happens in the video. She shoves him, then she slaps him. By law, that is assault. Period.

Spin it however you want. She assaulted him, plain and simple...
There's not a jury in the world that wouldn't take Joe to task. I can only imagine what Goodell will do to him in the draft. I hope Joe is gone from the OU program immediately. Forget Joe regarding him playing in the bowl game with Auburn. He is a thug, IMHO, and needs to be sent adrift. A definite black eye for the OU program.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
There's not a jury in the world that wouldn't take Joe to task. I can only imagine what Goodell will do to him in the draft. I hope Joe is gone from the OU program immediately. Forget Joe regarding him playing in the bowl game with Auburn. He is a thug, IMHO, and needs to be sent adrift. A definite black eye for the OU program.
Oh please Mr. Perfection. Thank goodness you aren't in charge of young college aged men.

Wow that was brutal to watch. I always respected OU football because Bobby is a Hawkeye at heart. But after seeing that I've lost most if not all of my respect for him and the OU program. If keeping kids like that on your team is what is necessary to keep the Sooner program afloat, then I feel sorry for all of you. I guarantee you that kid wouldn't have played another down at Iowa. We don't sell our souls here for worthless hardware and mythical titles.

The video seemed to show that there could have been words exchanged by Molitor and Mixon before they entered the restaurant because as soon as Mixon entered, he headed straight to Molitor's table, seemingly responding to Molitor motioning him to approach her....just prior to that, Molitor was waving her arms while explaining something to the person on the other side of the table, maybe about what might have been said between her and Mixon outside. Molitor seemed upset by something as she entered the restaurant.
I feel that regardless of what we say in this thread, OU stands a chance of being chastised severely....and I think the timing on this video release comes at a very bad time with recruiting and bowl preparations under way.

Fake outrage at it's finest. I just watched it. It's bad, but it's nothing everyone already didn't know. He broke her face, what did everyone think it looked like? It is exactly how I pictured it in my mind for the last two years. Is it awful? Of course. Was his reaction warranted? Of course not. But the decisions for punishment and allowing him to stay were made and it's over. It went all the way up the line to Boren. Backing down now would just look bad in my opinion. Sending him packing now would not appease anyone at this point. Stand by your choices.

Reactions: iasooner1
You cheered him for two years knowing exactly what he did and what it looked like and now that you've seen the video you want him gone. Why the change of heart? Anyone that read about the injuries she suffered knew what the punch looked like. Easy on the sudden fake outrage.

Last edited:
This thread is going the way I figured, with some wanting Mixon gone, some defending him....along with accusations of "fake outrage" over the incident, insults, and on and on.
Here's the simple reality, OU and Stoops get a black eye and one really not deserved. Mixon's future should be the very least of our concerns.

You cheered him for two years knowing exactly what he did and what it looked like and now that you've seen the video you want him gone bWhy the change of heart? Anyone that read about the injuries she suffered knew what the punch looked like. Easy on the sudden fake outrage.
I was leaning towards his dismissal from the program from the very beginning and posted such just like I did with the earlier Chaisson and Jarboe situations. I didn't see his justification for his REPORTED actions. I wasn't privy to the viewing of the video at that time but he was REPORTEDLY so physically superior to her.

I don't believe in striking a women except in self-defense. I don't see self-defense in the video. It appears to me that Joe was the aggressor and that there were apparent words or a mild altercation prior to both entering the restaurant. He followed her inside and seemed to be following up on such a prior event. Just my opinion. After some apparent brief dialog, she gave him a SLIGHT push and Joe made a menacing move of significant aggression as if to throw a forceful punch. When she gave him basically a seemingly mild love tap slap to the neck, he hit her with a violent haymaker when the situation warranted him to simply walk away.

His actions, IMHO, were unjustified for the relatively mild /response from a reportedly intoxicated Molitor. She posed NO real threat to him and I believe a jury will burn him accordingly if given the opportunity. I believe this is why Joe offered his "apology" a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
http://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2014/title-21/section-21-643/

Universal Citation: 21 OK Stat § 21-643 (2014)
To use or to attempt to offer to use force or violence upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:

3. When committed either by the person about to be injured, or by any other person in such person's aid or defense, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against such person, or any trespass or other unlawful interference with real or personal property in such person's lawful possession; provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense;

His attempt to walk away from the situation was halted when she assaulted him, not once, but twice...

My wife watched the video. Her response... "He was walking away! She's an idiot. She should have been charged."

My lawyer brother, who was a cop for over 20 years... "With the video, no charges unless she insisted, then we would have arrested her... As an attorney, I would have advised Joe Mixon to plead not guilty. Once it is established that she in fact assaulted him, it would be over."

So, one can say, "but it was a girl!"

Here is a girl as well...

Reactions: JConXtsy
http://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2014/title-21/section-21-643/

Universal Citation: 21 OK Stat § 21-643 (2014)
To use or to attempt to offer to use force or violence upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:

3. When committed either by the person about to be injured, or by any other person in such person's aid or defense, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against such person, or any trespass or other unlawful interference with real or personal property in such person's lawful possession; provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense;

His attempt to walk away from the situation was halted when she assaulted him, not once, but twice...

My wife watched the video. Her response... "He was walking away! She's an idiot. She should have been charged."

My lawyer brother, who was a cop for over 20 years... "With the video, no charges unless she insisted, then we would have arrested her... As an attorney, I would have advised Joe Mixon to plead not guilty. Once it is established that she in fact assaulted him, it would be over."

So, one can say, "but it was a girl!"

Here is a girl as well...

We shall see.

We shall see.

Investigation: Iowa second among top 25 schools in football player arrests
(AP March 2011 Cedar Rapids Gazette)

Glass houses much, doormat ?

Oh yeah, please tell me when an Iowa athlete nearly murders a drunken girl with a vicious haymaker or similar assault. The outdated story you posted will tell you the arrests at Iowa were largely public intoxication tickets. Hardly the horrific assaults you obviously consider just kids being kids. If it helps you sleep at night then believe whatever you want but that was atrocious. Maybe you can join a support group with the Penn State fan base?

Oh yeah, please tell me when an Iowa athlete nearly murders a drunken girl with a vicious haymaker or similar assault. The outdated story you posted will tell you the arrests at Iowa were largely public intoxication tickets. Hardly the horrific assaults you obviously consider just kids being kids. If it helps you sleep at night then believe whatever you want but that was atrocious. Maybe you can join a support group with the Penn State fan base?

Another mental midget hypocrite.

"Nearly murders?: Tell us more Nancy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT