ADVERTISEMENT

OU Women's Gymnastics just had

Softball is a special group of girls, but these gymnast are something else going for their third straight National Championship, Breaking their scoring record 3 times and setting the all time NCAA score. Their best gymnast is only a junior so next year is hopefully a 4 peat.

I know it’s a big deal it’s just hard for me to get too excited about gymnastics. If I get into a trash talking situation with another school I’d feel a little funny saying “our gymnastics team would dominate yours” lol.

I know it’s a big deal it’s just hard for me to get too excited about gymnastics. If I get into a trash talking situation with another school I’d feel a little funny saying “our gymnastics team would dominate yours” lol.
I just don't know what to say Larry. Good luck. 🤣

Just because it doesn't get you excited, shouldn't be a reason for those of us who love it, to be discouraged. I don't know why others love the women's gymnastics team. But I just love excellence in any OU team. And they are beyond excellent. That's why I started this thread. That's why I've seen at least one meet in the last five years. Gratefully. And that's why their posting the highest score in the history of the sport is so significant. And they are so talented, and so beautiful to watch.

We all have different things we love. Don't denigrate what your fellow Sooners love in their athletics.

To be realistic, how many OU fans would trade the championships won by the softball and gymnastics teams for the football team?
I enjoy the successes of all OU sports, but my interest and passion for OU football is far more important to me.

Reactions: Larry4681
...just had their worst score on an event since 2008, going to cost them a chance at the 3-peat. What a shame.

Choklahoma at its best tonight, have had 5 fails thru 3 rotations, havent had 5 fails combined all year.

e basically had to count three falls for the night so far. We've been less than great on Vault, ever though they said tonight we had the best average in the country. Of our first four vaulters, one fell on her but, three and four both almost fell. The score was horrible. Three under 9.6. Then we had two falls on beam. Before the rotation on beam, which was the third, Alabamma had FOUR falls, counting three. We had two. Coach Kindler complained that the beam was shaking during warm up. But we had four 9.95 or better, but the other two were falls.

With one event left, we're out in the semifinals. I feel horrible for those 9 seniors.

Why would anyone use Choklahoma towards the gymnastic team? That might apply in other sports but certainly not for gymnastics and softball. Yet I am sure someone will use that word if the softball team fails to win a 4th straight.

The 4 peat isnt going to be easy as there are some very good teams capable of dethroning OU this year.

It’s natural for teams to finally catch up to Patti’s level of the game and OU will have to play the best they can, stay healthy and catch some brakes along the road to #4.
No doubt we will hear that whenever it comes, there’s no shortage of media and other idiots
Great post, my friend.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Why would anyone use Choklahoma towards the gymnastic team? That might apply in other sports but certainly not for gymnastics and softball. Yet I am sure someone will use that word if the softball team fails to win a 4th straight.

The 4 peat isnt going to be easy as there are some very good teams capable of dethroning OU this year.
Because they're trying to be a prick.

I don't think it was a choke job. This will get me in trouble with those who are women's gymnastics fans like l am, but l think it was a result of a big coaching mistake by coach Kindler.

Two months ago l wondered on here about the strategy of have four girls doing all around the whole season. In the past, when we got to Nationals, we were peaking. This year, we were just worn down enough that the combination of pressure, the elevated platform and the long season of our best doing every event every week, some weekends twice, was just too much.

This year, when everyone else was peaking, we were just hanging on. I believe Maggie Nichols was OUr best gymnast ever. But even she had regular season weeks when she took a rotation off. Maybe more than one.

There was some evidence that something like this might happen. We maintained this incredible scoring run, while having a fall. But we always got to drop it. But by the post season, it was too late for anyone to take a rest. A lot of commentators talk about the grind. This year we had our best team ever, but peaked a month ago.

K.J. is the best coach in America, by more than a little. But l believe this season she had a high level miscalculation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT