ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Stoops

I'm afraid that Bob got rid of the wrong DC. I don't blame him, with Mike being his brother and all but we at Clemson do appreciate it.

Congrates on taking Jacob Phillips out of Tennessee, that made my day (Not a big Tennessee fan)

Would love to see you guys in the ACC but that would probably never happen. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season.

Yea don't blame the players for even knowing where to line up. OU has studs coming in next year on D alot of these kids will be gone

Nice crop coming in and got a couple thrust in there a little early before they were ready but Caleb Kelly and Kapri Doucet just may turn into the Striker twins before its all over.

Nice crop coming in but remember not all are what they seem to be or pan out if you will.
Very true, but I like that OU's list of 2017 commitments is....on paper....close to those lists of Alabama and Ohio State in talent rankings.
There can be no excuses if Coach Mike continues on the road he's on in the next 3-4 years with this kind of talent arriving.
Now what OU needs to focus on are defensive linemen.

Very true, but I like that OU's list of 2017 commitments is....on paper....close to those lists of Alabama and Ohio State in talent rankings.
There can be no excuses if Coach Mike continues on the road he's on in the next 3-4 years with this kind of talent arriving.
Now what OU needs to focus on are defensive linemen.

Alabama has 7 recruits rated higher than the top OU recruit. Ohio State has 10.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Alabama had the #1 class the last 6 years. They could have all 5 stars starting on defense if the coaches wanted. I don't know how many do start? They recruit 5 stars and get them at every position. Kerby Smart isn't missed a bit. I image Mike could do good with that kind of talent. Saban gets 5 stars that know they won't start as freshman. He keeps entitlement out of the team with 5 star recruiting. That's what's impresses me a lot. Texas wishes they were as Alabama too. Texas could have been that kind of program. Ha Ha

Alabama's recruiting is simply getting 99 % of the players they want, wherever that player may be.....Utah, NYC (Brooklyn) and some place called Norman Oklahoma (QB David Cornwell).
In my "denial of reality" days I believed OU could compete for a national championship with 3-star players that could be coached up. I no longer feel that way.....not after seeing what Alabama has done under Saban.
I'm beginning to suspect two things in my 67th year:
1......Alabama will always be a national championship contender.
2......our nation is evolving into a one-party system.

Alabama's recruiting is simply getting 99 % of the players they want, wherever that player may be.....Utah, NYC (Brooklyn) and some place called Norman Oklahoma (QB David Cornwell).
In my "denial of reality" days I believed OU could compete for a national championship with 3-star players that could be coached up. I no longer feel that way.....not after seeing what Alabama has done under Saban.
I'm beginning to suspect two things in my 67th year:
1......Alabama will always be a national championship contender.
2......our nation is evolving into a one-party system.

My good buddy. I don't know about #1 because what goes around, comes around "typically"; however, I believe you have something with your second prediction. Frankly, I hope you are wrong on both counts, but really I believe you have it figured out regarding the demise of the two party system. At least for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
2015 NFL Draft by Team
Alabama 7
Oklahoma 7
USC 6
Stanford 6
Ohio State 5
Clemson 5
Texas 5 (Zero in 2014)

Are these high school players not doing their homework? They all want to go pro! Going to Alabama isnt going to guarantee them a pro contract. Matter of fact we had just as many last year drafted. And we all know Striker should have been taken by someone. Is it the prestige of a Alabama diploma (lol..doubtful) Maybe its just to say "I played at Alabama"? Is it that big possibility of a Nat Champ ring? Maybe its those Southern Belles they throw at the recruits (never mind thats Ole Miss). If I was a high school player 5 star and I wanted to go pro I'd go to a Big University with alot of 3 stars. Be more talented than those around me and those playing against me. Get the attention of the scouts because Im faster, bigger and the more talented 5 star player and not have to compete against other 5 star players at my position. OR is it that we just do a piss poor job at recruiting the best players in the Nation? Something is seriously wrong here. Saban can crap his pants and stain the recruit's couch and they'll still follow the stink to Alabama.

Kids want to win a national championship. They all think they can play in the NFL. The top recruits watch the top programs. The top programs get the top recruits.

Reactions: CTOkie
I also think the mindset and/or culture of players that Saban recruits is what makes a huge difference also. Combine that with him being able to haul in the top classes every year, and that's why he may go down as the most successful coach in the history of college football. Saban never seems to have a lot of big shots or big dogs on his teams. Too many big egos can kill a teams chemistry. Saban went very hard after Perine, so that shows you the kind of player that Saban identifies and goes after. Kids that aren't afraid of working their asses off, have elite talent, want to be coached, and don't have massive egos getting in the way and tearing down team chemistry.

I also think the mindset and/or culture of players that Saban recruits is what makes a huge difference also. Combine that with him being able to haul in the top classes every year, and that's why he may go down as the most successful coach in the history of college football. Saban never seems to have a lot of big shots or big dogs on his teams. Too many big egos can kill a teams chemistry. Saban went very hard after Perine, so that shows you the kind of player that Saban identifies and goes after. Kids that aren't afraid of working their asses off, have elite talent, want to be coached, and don't have massive egos getting in the way and tearing down team chemistry.

Good, Billy. Really good.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT