ADVERTISEMENT

Its that time! RRS Week, who you got?

Not going to sell this Offense to any recruits. Staff changes on Offense may keep Arnold around but I think he is gone next yr even if they make some changes. Will add I don't think they will make any changes, OU is stubborn that way. If I were Hawkins I would be gone as well. Who wants to play on an Offense this bad?

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Not going to sell this Offense to any recruits. Staff changes on Offense may keep Arnold around but I think he is gone next yr even if they make some changes. Will add I don't think they will make any changes, OU is stubborn that way. If I were Hawkins I would be gone as well. Who wants to play on an Offense this bad?

Gotta hope when we get healthy we see some big improvements and we can rally through the season to 8 or 9 wins.

Hawkins can not anticipate a wr coming out of his break. the last two weeks he has guys that are open for a split second and he doesnt throw it.

We're seeing in real time that it wasn't an Arnold problem.

He was certainly part of the problem. A Jackson Arnold offense put up 14 points against Houston, one of the worst P4 teams in the country. And that was with a healthy Deion Burks and Jalil Farooq in the lineup. OU would not have beaten Auburn last week if Arnold had started.

Wasn’t our young receivers suppose to be highly rated players? It seems they can’t separate worth crap from a defender.

Wasn’t our young receivers suppose to be highly rated players? It seems they can’t separate worth crap from a defender.

Well, the top five OU receivers are out, so I don't know how much separation any team in the country is going to get with their 6th, 7th and 8th string receivers, and a converted defensive back.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
GZuPY0PWsAEqIkt

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner24
The old days of football are gone. No team pride, no team cohesiveness, no nothing. You are seeing the future of college football…..the wealthiest schools can buy the best players. We will be stuck getting the seconds thanks to NIL

This is the new CEO joke to the T, just spin it to the head coach, Brent.

Lincoln Riley left Brent 3 envelopes and told him to open them successively as he ran into problems.

The first year, he opened the first envelope and it said to blame the predecessor, Lincoln. The talent wasn't there.

The second year, he opened the second envelope, and it said "reorganize," so he brought in a new defensive coordinator and QB.

It's time to open the third envelope, and it says, "make 3 new envelopes."

Well gentlemen, welcome to the crossroads.

We see significant improvements from the defense and defensive recruiting but things as a whole look pretty rough. Do we see growth throughout what is going to be a hard season? Do we see continued fight from that defense as the offense continues to struggle?

These are the things that will tell us the future of Venables and OUr Sooner program as we venture into the SEC.

IF we happen to win 3 more games, most likely we would draw Iowa in the bourbon bowl
At this point I don’t see OU getting bowl eligible. Not trying to be negative just a realist. I get OU has the offensive injuries but the offensive game plan has been woeful.

The defense has been good at times but its not good enough to overcome a bad offense. The D is good and somewhat improved but we are finding out it is far from being elite.

Reactions: Oklabama
Yeah, probably not the best decision hiring a guy who got fired at North Texas to be your offensive coordinator going into the SEC.
I said it then but most everyone said oh what a great hire. At OU as a HC you should be trying to find the best Assistants just as you should be trying to get the best players. SL was a horrible hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT