ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck from a Gamecock

Oct 23, 2006
Wishing y'all good luck in your bowl game against the Tiggers! Lots of Gamecock fans pulling for the Sooners. They are our OSU so hope that puts it in perspective for you. Heck, I ordered an Oklahoma shirt and sweatshirt to wear next week. BTW, the Tiggers are pretty confident that they are going to beat you. So for now I say......Boomer Sooner!!

Thanks for posting.

The Sooners lead our series with OSU 85-18-7. Okie State never has played for a national championship. Clemson leads your series 67-42-4. Clemson is playing for the national championship now and has won before. It appears that the Gamecocks are Clemson's Okie State.

But thanks for supporting our Sooners.

Last edited:
Well, to their distinct credit, the Gamecocks do have a Heisman, George Rogers from 1980.
Also, they still practice that antiquated ritual of retiring numbers to commemorate their great players...of which they've done 4 times.

Thanks koala22, I hope you don't regret buying the OU garb.

Funny irony, a SC fan has bought two items of OU gear in recent days and I, an OU fan haven't!:eek:

A friend of mine once coached at OU and always talked about how nice the fans were. I visited your sight to wish you luck and get slammed. Thanks for showing me the other side of OU fans!

Reactions: 81gococks
A friend of mine once coached at OU and always talked about how nice the fans were. I visited your sight to wish you luck and get slammed. Thanks for showing me the other side of OU fans!

You got slammed? You didn't even get schlonged. ;) I know what getting slammed is. You didn't get slammed.

Who was your friend who coached at OU?

Reactions: Da Swami
You got slammed? You didn't even get schlonged. ;) I know what getting slammed is. You didn't get slammed.

Who was your friend who coached at OU?
Ok. You insulted my school when I was trying to support your school. He coached there from '67-'73. He turns 81 in February so doubt you work know him.

Sorry you feel you were slammed. Wasn't intentional.

BTW, this isn't a 'safe place' like the U of Missouri campus...not at all. :D

I don't have a dislike for South Carolina but why are their fans so obsessed with Clemson? And don't say you aren't, I see the evidence the last few weeks
Instate rival and similiar to the same way OU despises OSU! However, maybe you are an OU fan that pulls for OSU in every game except when they play OU. In that case, you wouldn't understand.

I want OSU to lose every game.... I guess y'all are the okie state and OU is Clemson
South Carolina is the state school and Clemson is the cow college. I was always under the impression that OU was the state school and OSU was the cow college. Thanks for clarifying.

Y'all want to be Clemson and okie state wants to be us....they are obsessed with OU such as y'all are with Clemson. It's kind of pathetic IMO
We don't want to be Clemson and can't speak to the other. I will say this, after your rude dialogue with me, the fan bases of OU and Clemson deserve to be in the same stadium. However, I do know quite a few OU fans who live in SC and thankfully they represent OU very well.

Wishing y'all good luck in your bowl game against the Tiggers! Lots of Gamecock fans pulling for the Sooners. They are our OSU so hope that puts it in perspective for you. Heck, I ordered an Oklahoma shirt and sweatshirt to wear next week. BTW, the Tiggers are pretty confident that they are going to beat you. So for now I say......Boomer Sooner!!

Thanks for the support.....

Whatever happened to Steve Spurrier Jr.? He was on Bob's first staff as I recall.

Ok. You insulted my school when I was trying to support your school. He coached there from '67-'73. He turns 81 in February so doubt you work know him.

It wasn't an insult. The stats I provided are just that... stats. Unless you are insulted by stats.

There are a lot of us despised old people around here. '67 - '73 is modern history to us. Who was your friend who coached at OU? There are a lot of people who post on this board who know everything about Sooner Football. Tell us who it is. Please.

I don
Thanks for the support.....

Whatever happened to Steve Spurrier Jr.? He was on Bob's first staff as I recall.
He was on staff while his dad was HBC but was. It retained. I heard that he may be hired by Colorado State but haven't seen anything official.

Y'all want to be Clemson and okie state wants to be us....they are obsessed with OU such as y'all are with Clemson. It's kind of pathetic IMO
Accurate assessment Yankee. Our instate rivals are notorious for living their fantasies through other teams and through their beloved sec, which being a part of is their greatest claim to fame. A more pathetic group you will not find.

Accurate assessment Yankee. Our instate rivals are notorious for living their fantasies through other teams and through their beloved sec, which being a part of is their greatest claim to fame. A more pathetic group you will not find.

Mmm, sounds like some of the second tier teams in the SEC that, according to some of them, it's much more fulfilling and life affirming to get punked every year by Bama, LSU and other elites than to play in an easier league for more wins.

I flat don't get it.:eek:

I'd know him. I was a manager from 69 to 73. I was trying to think of who that might be. Boyce left before 73. Was it Billy Michael? Maybe Warren Harper, but I thought he was there past 73.

Or it could be the HC, Chuck Fairbanks, who left in '73 to take the NE Patriots job, and introduced the 3-4 to pro football.

I appreciate you myself. Nothing wrong with wearing Oklahoma apparel. I wear an A&M shirt with a Sooner hat around Austin sometimes. There is nothing wrong with showing you rivals you don't like em no matter where your at. I don't care for the color orange in any game. Orange is for Halloween.

Coach Michael

I was assigned to Coach Michael for two and a half years. He was really good to me. I've written about that here before.

He took the fall for the Kerry Jackson mess, but I am virtually certain that he took the fall for the team. There is no way that he made the unilateral decision offer Kerry Jackson knowing that his transcript had been changed. If he knew, somebody else on the staff did. And if he didn't, then the staff took the hit understanding that the NCAA was out to get them for stuff they couldn't prove, so they threw the book at us for stuff the could.

Almost exactly five years ago, I made Facebook friends with Gene Hochevar who was the second OLine coach when all that happened, and who was a good guy. One of our first conversations was about Coach Michael, who was in poor health and in a facility in Denton, which is less than 40 miles from me. I asked if it would be okay if I could run up and see him, and he told me he'd check and get back to me. Two weeks later, Gene died suddenly of a heart attack and I never found out if Coach Michael survived or not and where he was afterward if he did.

If you know how he might be doing, I'd be grateful to know.

I was assigned to Coach Michael for two and a half years. He was really good to me. I've written about that here before.

He took the fall for the Kerry Jackson mess, but I am virtually certain that he took the fall for the team. There is no way that he made the unilateral decision offer Kerry Jackson knowing that his transcript had been changed. If he knew, somebody else on the staff did. And if he didn't, then the staff took the hit understanding that the NCAA was out to get them for stuff they couldn't prove, so they threw the book at us for stuff the could.

Almost exactly five years ago, I made Facebook friends with Gene Hochevar who was the second OLine coach when all that happened, and who was a good guy. One of our first conversations was about Coach Michael, who was in poor health and in a facility in Denton, which is less than 40 miles from me. I asked if it would be okay if I could run up and see him, and he told me he'd check and get back to me. Two weeks later, Gene died suddenly of a heart attack and I never found out if Coach Michael survived or not and where he was afterward if he did.

If you know how he might be doing, I'd be grateful to know.
He is living in Columbia and his daughter is taking care of him. They are the reason that I pull for Oklahoma and we will all be together for the game on Thursday. Email me at usceap@aol.com and I will give you Liz's number and maybe you could call him on gameday. It would mean so much to him. I just called her and told her about you. She is very excited for y'all to reconnect. I was regretting coming over to this site to offer my well wishes for y'all to beat Clemson but I think I know why I was supposed to now. It was to make this connection.

It wasn't an insult. The stats I provided are just that... stats. Unless you are insulted by stats.

There are a lot of us despised old people around here. '67 - '73 is modern history to us. Who was your friend who coached at OU? There are a lot of people who post on this board who know everything about Sooner Football. Tell us who it is. Please.

Who are you kidding? Anyone that doesn't read braille could see from a mile away your response to the OP was an insult. A fat ass steps on a scale and it weighs out 400 pounds. That same fat ass tells you good luck in your school's science fair and you respond hey bro you're 400 pounds. Regardless if the fat ass is 400 pounds, you're still insulting the fat ass by calling the fat ass fat. Anywho, good luck against clemsuck. My uncle is an Oklahoma grad. Played basketball there in the 80s. So I've always had respect for the Sooners. So please never compare us to OSU, screw those guys.

He is living in Columbia and his daughter is taking care of him. They are the reason that I pull for Oklahoma and we will all be together for the game on Thursday. Email me at usceap@aol.com and I will give you Liz's number and maybe you could call him on gameday. It would mean so much to him. I just called her and told her about you. She is very excited for y'all to reconnect. I was regretting coming over to this site to offer my well wishes for y'all to beat Clemson but I think I know why I was supposed to now. It was to make this connection.

Ask Coach Michael if he remembers a manager, who everybody called Plano, who worked for him in his last three years in Norman. Tell his daughter I will pray for him, if they'll give me any specifics to pray for. That was over 40 years ago, so I doubt it.

When somebody asks me what manager does, I tell them that my three most important tasks was to keep up with footballs in practice and make sure they were where they needed to be, to keep track of the dummies in practice and make sure they got put up when we went to team sessions, and to make sure Coach Michael had his Beachnut Chewing Tobacco before practice started every day.

If if other coaches knew I was going to pick that up for Bill, they'd often have me get their dip or chew, too. Running to the Sooner Superette before practice, was just part of what I did every day.

I will leave you my number on a PM if they let us do that for those registered on other sites. We'll see. Then his daughter can call me. I'd love to tell him thanks and I care about him.

Ask Coach Michael if he remembers a manager, who everybody called Plano, who worked for him in his last three years in Norman. Tell his daughter I will pray for him, if they'll give me any specifics to pray for. That was over 40 years ago, so I doubt it.

When somebody asks me what manager does, I tell them that my three most important tasks was to keep up with footballs in practice and make sure they were where they needed to be, to keep track of the dummies in practice and make sure they got put up when we went to team sessions, and to make sure Coach Michael had his Beachnut Chewing Tobacco before practice started every day.

If if other coaches knew I was going to pick that up for Bill, they'd often have me get their dip or chew, too. Running to the Sooner Superette before practice, was just part of what I did every day.

I will leave you my number on a PM if they let us do that for those registered on other sites. We'll see. Then his daughter can call me. I'd love to tell him thanks and I care about him.

I will let her know first thing in the morning and will ask him tomorrow. He has some physical challenges but very much keeps up with football. I feel very confident he will remember you. He and Coach Swtizer stay in touch. I don't know how the PM works but really don't mind if you email me. We need to get y'all connected.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT