ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck from a Gamecock

There is an envelope in the upper right hand corner of the page.white on the gray/black banner. And when you have an incoming message, it will turn red I think. I just sent the message including my phone numbers. I think it would be best for his daughter to give me a call first, so I can check on the best way to contact him.

Again, thanks so much.

I got a blank reply from you, that only included my outgoing message to you, in the quoted window. But at least we know where it is. Actually, a red box with number 1 next to it, showed up at the upper right hand corner of the page.

Thanks for posting.

The Sooners lead our series with OSU 85-18-7. Okie State never has played for a national championship. Clemson leads your series 67-42-4. Clemson is playing for the national championship now and has won before. It appears that the Gamecocks are Clemson's Okie State.

But thanks for supporting our Sooners.

I'm also a Gamecock that's pulling for the Sooners, but your tongue-in-cheek response to a Gamecock fan who bought an OU shirt showed you (personally) to a plain a$$.

South Carolina graduates EXPECT that kind of bluster and trash from OSU-people, it's why Gamecock Darla Moore bought OSU-guy Boone Pickens baby, Mesa then fired his a$$ ... 'cause he was so fond of showing it (and because she could).

A simple 'thanks' would have been just fine. Bud Wilkenson or Barry Switzer you ain't ... both were very gracious 'winners'. Guys like you remind people where Brian Bosworth attended school.

If you want to be an AHole to me, than I can take it. But don't be so rude to guests who make an effort to come over here in support of our team. I understand that it comes naturally to you. But when you behave like to toward supportive guests, it reflects on all of us.

Knock it off. Please.

Why the heck are you guys railing on SC and even if it's for one game we want fans everywhere wearing our brand. At least you should. Clemson is the opponent and they fell all warm and fuzzy reading this thread. Your bantering is ass backwards. I can't understand this thread. I like this guy better than some of you.

Plaino you dont decide how i post son, you get little to no respect from me
The guy went after 22, I responded. The other dude went and bought OU gear due to his hatred ( I think it's jealousy) of Clemson, I think that's silly. I think it's a pretty fair comparison of OU being Clemson and south Carolina being OSU.

Plaino you dont decide how i post son, you get little to no respect from me
The guy went after 22, I responded. The other dude went and bought OU gear due to his hatred ( I think it's jealousy) of Clemson, I think that's silly. I think it's a pretty fair comparison of OU being Clemson and south Carolina being OSU.

Has OU lost to OSU FIVE YEARS IN A ROW since 2009? If so, then you're EXACTLY like clemson and that would make us OSU. Has either OU or clemson had FOUR bowl wins in a row since 2010?
Man, Gamecock fans came here to express our support and you pretty much said "we don't need you".
I met Coach Stoops once and really liked the guy. I talked to Coach Switzer a few times several years ago and he was an awesome guy to converse with. The guy who convinced me to purchase Disability Income for myself and my managers is an OU graduate. ALL those contacts were positive and enjoyable.
If YOU ALONE reflected the people I've met, known or done business with from Oklahoma I'd probably sub-consciously be hoping John Steinbeck was writing about your grandparents when he penned the Grapes of Wrath.
In SPITE of you - GO SOONERS!!!
And FWIW Mr. Yankee03, you managed to handle the Rex Sox that year but folded in the World Series, losing to the HUGE UNDERDOG (perennially lowly) FLORIDA MARLINS - and it didn't even take seven games.
Probably thought you didn't need anyone's help that year, either.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I was assigned to Coach Michael for two and a half years. He was really good to me. I've written about that here before.

He took the fall for the Kerry Jackson mess, but I am virtually certain that he took the fall for the team. There is no way that he made the unilateral decision offer Kerry Jackson knowing that his transcript had been changed. If he knew, somebody else on the staff did. And if he didn't, then the staff took the hit understanding that the NCAA was out to get them for stuff they couldn't prove, so they threw the book at us for stuff the could.

Almost exactly five years ago, I made Facebook friends with Gene Hochevar who was the second OLine coach when all that happened, and who was a good guy. One of our first conversations was about Coach Michael, who was in poor health and in a facility in Denton, which is less than 40 miles from me. I asked if it would be okay if I could run up and see him, and he told me he'd check and get back to me. Two weeks later, Gene died suddenly of a heart attack and I never found out if Coach Michael survived or not and where he was afterward if he did.

If you know how he might be doing, I'd be grateful to know.

It's funny you were discussing Michaels a few days ago. It's a small world. What coaching responsibility did Bill have? Defensive backs if I had a guess, but can't remember.....

Why the heck are you guys railing on SC and even if it's for one game we want fans everywhere wearing our brand. At least you should. Clemson is the opponent and they fell all warm and fuzzy reading this thread. Your bantering is ass backwards. I can't understand this thread. I like this guy better than some of you.

I couldn't agree more Moses. I'll take any fan that supports this team. A little known fact is the OU/OSU game drew the largest viewership in ESPN history on the time slot it was played in. That tells me the nation either loves to watch reindeer humpers or they follow the Sooner Nation. My thought is they chose to watch a very good OU team.

I was kind of baffled on 22's OP, but I let it slip by because he's just that great of a poster. He may have his own reason for what he posted and I"m okay with it. Now Yankme chimed in and pissed some good folks off. I didn't read it, as he's on ignore, but I can guess.

You're an old man.
You know nothing about sports.
You're drunk.

South Carolina fans, don't take this yankme and the amigos serious. They are only on here to cause trouble............

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Who are you kidding? Anyone that doesn't read braille could see from a mile away your response to the OP was an insult. A fat ass steps on a scale and it weighs out 400 pounds. That same fat ass tells you good luck in your school's science fair and you respond hey bro you're 400 pounds. Regardless if the fat ass is 400 pounds, you're still insulting the fat ass by calling the fat ass fat. Anywho, good luck against clemsuck. My uncle is an Oklahoma grad. Played basketball there in the 80s. So I've always had respect for the Sooners. So please never compare us to OSU, screw those guys.

Okay, TPB, tell us who your Uncle was that played BB in the 80's? Inquiring minds must know....HA!

Guys like you remind people where Brian Bosworth attended school.

Brian Bosworth is a good man and well respected.

Tell you what. Win something. Win even just an SEC title. Then come back here and tell us how great your football program is. That is how all the other schools of the conferences outside the SEC measure greatness.

Last edited:
What I miss? Dining at the big truck stop in Cowpens, SC. And the singed edge bologna sandwiches around Elloree, SC are to kill for. And I love the waitress' accents.

And, yes. I used to hang out at the BMW plant. I tried to steer clear of Clemson.

It's funny you were discussing Michaels a few days ago. It's a small world. What coaching responsibility did Bill have? Defensive backs if I had a guess, but can't remember.....

Bill was the OLine coach. There was a long time assistant coach at Kansas, more than 25 years, who was quoted in some preseason magazine back in 1972, that OUr offensive line the previous year was the best he'd ever seen. He was around when Kansas was a quality football program. In the previous decade, they'd had players liker John Hadl, Gayle Sayers and John Riggins. I believe all three are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. (Looked it up. Hadl isn't, though I saw several articles discussing the top ten players not in the HoF and he's on several of those lists)

But the point is that the guy had some cred about such matters. Bill was the man who coached those guys. He was your typical line coach. Usually had a chaw. Tough minded. But like any great line coach, his players knew that he cared about them. He was great to me, I know that.

I was just thrilled to know that he's alive. Hoping to talk to him this week.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
South Carolina is the state school and Clemson is the cow college. I was always under the impression that OU was the state school and OSU was the cow college. Thanks for clarifying.

It's funny how Gamecocks like to belittle Clemson for being a podunk "cow college" while its the far superior academic institution on a beautiful campus with a lake and South Carolina is in the midst of a hideous, concrete monstrosity. Not quite sure how that's a check in South Carolina's favor...

Moreover, last time I checked OU was unanimously superior to OK State academically, maybe that's what makes CU - OU and South Carolina - OK State in this rather silly analogy?

P.S. Good luck on NYE to all you Sooners, it's been fun to watch the Bake Show from a distance so if anyone is going to end my Tigers' season I'm ok with it being you guys and not those jealous mouth breathers from Mouth Carolina...

Last edited:
Has OU lost to OSU FIVE YEARS IN A ROW since 2009? If so, then you're EXACTLY like clemson and that would make us OSU. Has either OU or clemson had FOUR bowl wins in a row since 2010?
Man, Gamecock fans came here to express our support and you pretty much said "we don't need you".
I met Coach Stoops once and really liked the guy. I talked to Coach Switzer a few times several years ago and he was an awesome guy to converse with. The guy who convinced me to purchase Disability Income for myself and my managers is an OU graduate. ALL those contacts were positive and enjoyable.
If YOU ALONE reflected the people I've met, known or done business with from Oklahoma I'd probably sub-consciously be hoping John Steinbeck was writing about your grandparents when he penned the Grapes of Wrath.
In SPITE of you - GO SOONERS!!!
And FWIW Mr. Yankee03, you managed to handle the Rex Sox that year but folded in the World Series, losing to the HUGE UNDERDOG (perennially lowly) FLORIDA MARLINS - and it didn't even take seven games.
Probably thought you didn't need anyone's help that year, either.
Whoaaa there good buddy. Let's get this straight. Gamecocksuckers are our lil bitch, our ESecPN side chick and the fool that takes one for the team. 67 - 42 - 4 INCLUDING their gloriest 5 straight wins says it all. Clemson has won back to back against our lil lady and I expect our streak to surpass the "Pittsburgh Steelers 12 game win streak over the Cleveland Clowns". The Gamecocksuckers are irrelevant but if you feel the need to open your forum to trailer trash like Clark Griswold be my guest.

Clemson just extended its 10 win season to five and in FOUR days we are extending our bowl streak to THREE. South Carolina has NO football history to speak of except a Heisman and a win streak. We called that participation

It's funny how Gamecocks like to belittle Clemson for being a podunk "cow college" while its the far superior academic institution on a beautiful campus with a lake and South Carolina is in the midst of a hideous, concrete monstrosity. Not quite sure how that's a check in South Carolina's favor...

Moreover, last time I checked OU was unanimously superior to OK State academically, maybe that's what makes CU - OU and South Carolina - OK State in this rather silly analogy?

Good luck on NYE to all you Sooners, it's been fun to watch the Bake Show from a distance so if anyone is going to end my Tigers' season I'm ok with it being you guys and not those jealous mouth breathers from Mouth Carolina...

Good post bige9191. I think our game is going to be a nail biter. The only things I fear are turnovers and killer penalties. I believe those will set the pace early and determine the outcome. I'm just not sure who will benefit. It's a really good match up. Totally different than the Alabama - Michigan State game. Exciting stuff.

Good post bige9191. I think our game is going to be a nail biter. The only things I fear are turnovers and killer penalties. I believe those will set the pace early and determine the outcome. I'm just not sure who will benefit. It's a really good match up. Totally different than the Alabama - Michigan State game. Exciting stuff.

Thank you sir, I don't make a habit of lurking on other boards but had to chime in when your fanbase picked up on South Carolina fans' obsession with our school. I really don't get it - it's not like I'm rushing out to buy the apparel of the school that South Carolina plays in a bowl (but then again maybe that's because they finished 3-9 and didn't even qualify for one).

All I know is I am looking forward to a great game and that all the Sooners I have talked to have been nothing but cordial and polite. Spot the damn ball already, I can't wait!

Wishing y'all good luck in your bowl game against the Tiggers! Lots of Gamecock fans pulling for the Sooners. They are our OSU so hope that puts it in perspective for you. Heck, I ordered an Oklahoma shirt and sweatshirt to wear next week. BTW, the Tiggers are pretty confident that they are going to beat you. So for now I say......Boomer Sooner!!
Okay I have to admit that I bought a Citadel shirt and sweatshirt the week before they beat your ass so I can clearly understand why you would do the same with OK. Pathetic!!!

Whoaaa there good buddy. Let's get this straight. Gamecocksuckers are our lil bitch, our ESecPN side chick and the fool that takes one for the team. 67 - 42 - 4 INCLUDING their gloriest 5 straight wins says it all. Clemson has won back to back against our lil lady and I expect our streak to surpass the "Pittsburgh Steelers 12 game win streak over the Cleveland Clowns". The Gamecocksuckers are irrelevant but if you feel the need to open your forum to trailer trash like Clark Griswold be my guest.

Clemson just extended its 10 win season to five and in FOUR days we are extending our bowl streak to FOUR. South Carolina has NO football history to speak of except a Heisman and a win streak. We called that participation

FIFY

Reactions: Da Swami
Brian Bosworth is a good man and well respected.

Tell you what. Win something. Win even just an SEC title. Then come back here and tell us how great your football program is. That is how all the other schools of the conferences outside the SEC measure greatness.
22LR, this is what USuC is: Alabama attitude, Vandy trophy case.
They don't want to discuss any history outside a 5 year window .
The 5 years don't define them, as much as they would like for it to. The 120 years of mediocrity. ...or more.....is what defines them.
They love to slam the ACC, but they have an all time losing record to every acc team except Wake & Duke.

I know it has probably been discussed countless times, but how in the hell did y'all let Coach V go?

Very good question. I'll pass on answering. There are rumors you've probably heard that you guys may lose him to Kansas State when the old man retires. Venables is a class act and while some Sooner fans had little good to say about him, others like me miss him. That ass kicking his D gave the Sooners last year must have been an unbelievable high for the guy.

Reactions: Da Swami
This thread delivers! Cocklover fans are beyond pathetic, as evidenced by the OP.

By the way, the best man in my wedding (my best friend) played catcher for the Sooners years ago. As such, I'm hoping for the win but if we lose, I'll be pulling for the Sooners to win it all. My buddy took me to the Red River Shootout a few years ago and I really enjoyed giving many UT fans the horns down sign.

Reactions: Da Swami and FreeSC
I know it has probably been discussed countless times, but how in the hell did y'all let Coach V go?

It's my opinion that when Mike Stoops returned to the Sooners, Venables bailed. Dabo snapped him up and the rest is history. Which makes for another sub-plot within the game itself.

I will have to side with Koala on this one. He came to our board to pay a little tribute. If we find fault or error in his statements I say we keep them to ourselves. 22 I rarely disagree with your post by I respectfully do so this time.

I felt the same way as you, however I think 22 was just pointing out our guest stats where off more than anything. Yankees these guest come in piece please let them do so. Thanks!

Reactions: ELR1981
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that USuC fans call Clemson a "cow college" but they are the ones with a barnyard animal as their mascot?? You can't make this stuff up.
As for this Thursdays game, good luck to both teams. It should be a good one. The 3-9 chickens should DVR the game because that is as close as they will ever be to this level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT