ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Boards ...

The hedges are there so visiting players have a place to piss. This miss state player did just that. I wonder how much do do is in those bushes? :)
Mississippi-State-UGA-Hedges.jpg

Will be a very interesting game. After going almost blind going over NCAA stats, the numbers overwhelming favor OU. For all the hype about great Dog ground game, its numbers against decent (top 50) rushing defenses (NDame, Auburn, Miss. St.) is not much better than OU's against higher rated rushing D's (TCU, Texas, Ohio State). So running game about the same although Ga. runs the ball more and averages about 50 yds a game more.

Passing game a whole different story. Dogs played only one really good passing team (Missouri, 1-4 at the time). Drew went 15-25 and Missouri almost even at half. Baker a different kettle of fish. Obvious turnovers could make a difference as it did in both Auburn-Ga. games. Will be very surprised if OU does not score 35-38 in this game.

We all know this may not be enough if the OU D shows up like it did against OSU or Iowa State.

Here's the deal, stack the box and make the Freshman beat us. I like our chances with that as it gives Obo free reign on the QB (I predict he gets 3 sacks against UGA). Will UGA put some points on the board? Yes, they will to the Tune of probably 24; which will not be enough to keep up with Baker and the Boys. Final score: OU 38 / UGA 24.

What was the result of the last time OU played an SEC team?

2017: 35-19 (Auburn) - I'll take that.
2015: 31-24 (Tenn)
2014: 34-10 (Tenn)
2013: 45-31 (Alabama)

According to SoonerStats, OU is 109-46-8 vs. the SEC (Those numbers include A&M and Mizzou when they were in the Big 12). Take out the Aggies and Tigers and OU is 23-10-3 vs. the SEC.

I'd call that ownership.

Last edited:
Does the shrubbery give special powers? I have some shrubbery and it doesn't do shit but grow.
No, it just looks nice. I assume you have certain features of your stadium that are there to be aesthetically pleasing. No?

You're the first fan base that I know of that's seems to care about our shrubbery. Interesting in that you're not even gonna see it.

Last edited:
No, it just looks nice. I assume you have certain features of your stadium that are there to be aesthetically pleasing. No?

You're the first fan base that I know of that's seems to care about our shrubbery. Interesting in that you're not even gonna see it.
Shrubbery is interesting, especially when it surrounds a football field. It's too bad the team can't travel with it. You may or may not know how cool that would be.

I am very surprised at the general tone of confidence and even arrogance of Georgia fans on the various boards I've visited. They are the most aggressive fan base in terms of posting and seemingly convinced that they are not just going to do. but that OU has no chance. Over the years I have visited and developed relationships with fans on boards like WAR CHANT, TIDE FANS, HINEY GATE, VOL NATION, AUBURN SCOUT, among others. Now, we never get slack cut on TEXAGS, SHAGGYBEVO. any TT or Ok. State board but it's more about simply dinegrating OU in general. During our home and homes or bowl games with these various programs there have certainly been selective posters who have trashed us by by and large these fan groups have been highly respectful and knowledgeable. Notwithstanding the Dawg poster on this board, I have never experienced a more arrogant, self-aggrandizing fan base. You would think we were about to play a legacy, blue blood program the equal of ND or Southern Cal, or Alabama, or TOSU, or OU. They are more consumed by SEC rhetoric than T A&M and I didn't think that was possible. I think most Sooner fans are really excited about this game if for no other reason than it's a new challenge...a team we've never played. I respect Georgia but please, let's not put them on a pedestal that is a false picture of who they are and where they rank in the pantheon of college football.

Agreed OFD. The avg & even below avg teams of the SEC continue to hide behind the SEC brand. Every once in awhile one of them steps out to play a blue blood... this is one of those times. I'm looking forward to this game. But to be honest, I think they are barking loud over fear of losing than anything else.

I am very surprised at the general tone of confidence and even arrogance of Georgia fans on the various boards I've visited. They are the most aggressive fan base in terms of posting and seemingly convinced that they are not just going to do. but that OU has no chance. Over the years I have visited and developed relationships with fans on boards like WAR CHANT, TIDE FANS, HINEY GATE, VOL NATION, AUBURN SCOUT, among others. Now, we never get slack cut on TEXAGS, SHAGGYBEVO. any TT or Ok. State board but it's more about simply dinegrating OU in general. During our home and homes or bowl games with these various programs there have certainly been selective posters who have trashed us by by and large these fan groups have been highly respectful and knowledgeable. Notwithstanding the Dawg poster on this board, I have never experienced a more arrogant, self-aggrandizing fan base. You would think we were about to play a legacy, blue blood program the equal of ND or Southern Cal, or Alabama, or TOSU, or OU. They are more consumed by SEC rhetoric than T A&M and I didn't think that was possible. I think most Sooner fans are really excited about this game if for no other reason than it's a new challenge...a team we've never played. I respect Georgia but please, let's not put them on a pedestal that is a false picture of who they are and where they rank in the pantheon of college football.

Respect to OFD for use of word "pantheon".

You're right, our fans can be very arrogant and annoying at times. It's like that amongst high school fans within our state. High school football in the state of ga is very competitive and now that uga has a hc who knows how to motivate and develop great talent, expect more of this from overzealous fans. I'm looking forward to a very competitive game against your Sooners.

Roquan Smith will be spying Baker Mayfield all game Mayfield will not be able to get away.
I know these are fans, but it will be a major mistake on their part, if they use Smith to spy Baker. Baker scrambles to buy time for his receivers to get open. He's not scrambling to try to pick up 10 yards running the ball. yeah, if it's open, he will take it. But, if Smith spies him, GA will have, effectively, taken him out of his game. Take a Butkus winner and turn him in to a safety valve? OU can only hope.

Competitive H.S. football in Georgia...Ive lived in Texas for going on 54 years. With all due respect, there's nothing at the H.S. level that remotely compares to the passion for H.S. football in the Lone Star state.
Ain't that the truth. We've been here 25 years and I've never seen anything like it. The school districts here build one stadium for the entire district. That way they can build a $25 Million stadium instead of ten at $2.5 Million each.
Katy has two stadiums, side-by-side, that would rival many D1AA stadiums. And, I haven't seen it, but the stadium in Allen is supposed to be on par with North Texas' stadium. They don't build these things so they will be half full on Friday (and Saturday) nights, either.
Georgia may have competitive HS football, but in Texas, it is an obsession.

We moved to Wichita Falls in 1967. At that time the Coyote s were still a legendary power in the state. Around 1969-70 They built a 16K seat stadium with the first artificial turf at any high school in the nation. When the Coyotes played crosstown rival S.H.Rider ( J T. Barrett's school) the stadium would be packed. Same with playoff games 've Permian or Cooper.

Well said!

I know these are fans, but it will be a major mistake on their part, if they use Smith to spy Baker. Baker scrambles to buy time for his receivers to get open. He's not scrambling to try to pick up 10 yards running the ball. yeah, if it's open, he will take it. But, if Smith spies him, GA will have, effectively, taken him out of his game. Take a Butkus winner and turn him in to a safety valve? OU can only hope.
We're not. Had to tell a UGA fan the same thing regarding Stidham in the SEC championship game. You don't spy on a guy who is athletic but not looking to run at first. Baker can hurt you if you completely forget about him. But he's not a juker or anywhere in the Watson, Manziel, Lamar Jackson class of running QBs.

We're not. Had to tell a UGA fan the same thing regarding Stidham in the SEC championship game. You don't spy on a guy who is athletic but not looking to run at first. Baker can hurt you if you completely forget about him. But he's not a juker or anywhere in the Watson, Manziel, Lamar Jackson class of running QBs.
It's Baker Magic my man, his slight of hand is quicker than yer eye. It's SOONER MAGIC ENJOY THE SHOW!:D

Good to hear; keep thinking that way please
If you think he is in the same class as Jackson, Hurts or Manziel, you're a homer. Much better passer than those guys and much more lethal avoiding pressure in the pocket and throwing downfield on the run. But once past the LOS, he's not in the same class as those guys.

Ain't that the truth. We've been here 25 years and I've never seen anything like it. The school districts here build one stadium for the entire district. That way they can build a $25 Million stadium instead of ten at $2.5 Million each.
Katy has two stadiums, side-by-side, that would rival many D1AA stadiums. And, I haven't seen it, but the stadium in Allen is supposed to be on par with North Texas' stadium. They don't build these things so they will be half full on Friday (and Saturday) nights, either.
Georgia may have competitive HS football, but in Texas, it is an obsession.
I work at that million dollar stadium in Katy. They play two games at the same time. One starts at 6:30 and the other 7:30

If you think he is in the same class as Jackson, Hurts or Manziel, you're a homer. Much better passer than those guys and much more lethal avoiding pressure in the pocket and throwing downfield on the run. But once past the LOS, he's not in the same class as those guys.
Just go with it son, Bake is bigger than fromm will ever be, Fromm aint in the class you mentioned imo of course. Why do this? You just stepped on yer own dick there bud, yer argument is weak

We all shall see soon enough
Look, he may throw for 500 and run for 40. That's not what we're talking about here. As a runner, he's not Lamar J., Manziel or Jalen Hurts. I think the stats themselves pretty much prove that. He's like Aaron Rodgers or in college, about like our guy a few years ago, Aaron Murray. I'd say he's a better passer than Aaron. But he's a guy who can hurt you if you completely ignore him. But he's not gonna take off on a lot of designed runs over and over. Jackson and Manziel routinely ran for 100 yards a game. Mayfield doesn't do that. And you can clearly see in the open field he's running in an open field, but rarely if ever making people miss, juking them, leaving them holding their jockstrap like those other guys.

Sorry, but I'm a homer. I wonder if we might see Baker making the lead block on an option play today. You, sir, are about to get a graduate-level class on who OUr quarterback is.

P.S. Don't forget to take notes. The pace of this class will be a bit frantic...

Look, he may throw for 500 and run for 40. That's not what we're talking about here. As a runner, he's not Lamar J., Manziel or Jalen Hurts. I think the stats themselves pretty much prove that. He's like Aaron Rodgers or in college, about like our guy a few years ago, Aaron Murray. I'd say he's a better passer than Aaron. But he's a guy who can hurt you if you completely ignore him. But he's not gonna take off on a lot of designed runs over and over. Jackson and Manziel routinely ran for 100 yards a game. Mayfield doesn't do that. And you can clearly see in the open field he's running in an open field, but rarely if ever making people miss, juking them, leaving them holding their jockstrap like those other guys.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT