ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Boards ...

Here is one poster said: "I don’t know if it’s me but Oklahoma doesn’t look to have enough beef to stop us up front. I feel very confident saying this.Oklahoma has recruited to defend the spread.There linebackers Emanuel Beal Caleb Kelly are more of sideline to sideline backers.We can eat them up with Cleveland and Gailard. Roquan Smith will be spying Baker Mayfield all game Mayfield will not be able to get away.They have some fast receivers but they are not that physical.We are the most physical defense they will play all year.I am really confident in this game."

Is Georgia the school that has shrubbery around the field that the fans are really proud of?
We do, but several others have them too. Auburn destroyed theirs after beating Alabama last week when the fans rushed the field.

Our fans did the same in 2000 when we finally beat Tennessee after a decade of losing to them.

Reactions: ausry and Medic007
Here is one poster said: "I don’t know if it’s me but Oklahoma doesn’t look to have enough beef to stop us up front. I feel very confident saying this.Oklahoma has recruited to defend the spread.There linebackers Emanuel Beal Caleb Kelly are more of sideline to sideline backers.We can eat them up with Cleveland and Gailard. Roquan Smith will be spying Baker Mayfield all game Mayfield will not be able to get away.They have some fast receivers but they are not that physical.We are the most physical defense they will play all year.I am really confident in this game."

I think we have plenty of beef on the DL.

Reactions: iasooner1
Surprising that our fans actually think we will win. I'm sure you have some of the same that can't imagine a loss to us second rate losers. ;-)

Case in point, one just a few posts down on this board, "We won't need to show anything exotic against George; save the specials for the finale..."

To be honest, that is one aspect of Georgia's offense that does worry me. But, I just don't see that type of offense as being able to keep pace with OU's offense.

To be fair, if you look at Oklahoma's results against top defenses in bowl/OOC play, and that of "descended from Mike Leach" type spread offenses in general https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oklahoma_Sooners_bowl_games you can't fault them for believing this. Oklahoma - and the Big 12 in general - does struggle in championship type games in stopping the run and protecting their passer. It happened as recently as 2015 against Clemson, who ran for over 300 yards at like 6 yards per carry. And that Clemson team wasn't even primarily a running team like UGA is. Case in point: Clemson's Wayne Gallman had one of the best games of his career against OU. Gallman played high school football in Georgia ... but UGA didn't offer him at RB because the guys that they had on campus and in the pipeline were that much better. Yes, both Chubb and Michel are bigger, faster, stronger and more explosive than Gallman. Yes, UGA doesn't have DeShaun Watson at QB. But they do have the guy who came within a hair of breaking all of Watson's high school records as a consolation prize.

You Sooners do have a very good shot at UGA because Fromm is still green, UGA has major issues at OT and UGA's secondary isn't that great. But don't go into this game thinking that UGA doesn't have a shot. I

Reactions: STWOUFAN
We do, but several others have them too. Auburn destroyed theirs after beating Alabama last week when the fans rushed the field.

Our fans did the same in 2000 when we finally beat Tennessee after a decade of losing to them.

So y'all rushed the field for besting Tenn?

No smash mouth w/ OU. It's always about match ups w/ OU's Riley. I think LR will dial up some good ones. Their LBs are huge. Built for SEC type play. I see mismatches all day long on them. The speed of our WRs and Andrews will leave their tongues hanging before the 4th qtr starts. Their only option as I see is to manage the game clock & keep Baker & the offense off the field. I think OU will score often given the opportunity.

No smash mouth w/ OU. It's always about match ups w/ OU's Riley. I think LR will dial up some good ones. Their LBs are huge. Built for SEC type play. I see mismatches all day long on them. The speed of our WRs and Andrews will leave their tongues hanging before the 4th qtr starts. Their only option as I see is to manage the game clock & keep Baker & the offense off the field. I think OU will score often given the opportunity.
The LBer that just won the Butkus award is about as fast as any LBer in the country. Number 7 can fly also. We're weaker in the secondary than anywhere on the field. But LBer is not a weakness for us. We are concerned about Mayfield's ability downfield.

Reactions: toadfrog
You Sooners do have a very good shot at UGA because Fromm is still green, UGA has major issues at OT and UGA's secondary isn't that great. But don't go into this game thinking that UGA doesn't have a shot. I

OT and in the secondary is about as bad a combo as you could have. Obo loves weak OT play and if that's the case may go all Stryker 2013 Sugar Bowl in Pasadena. Mayfield, Lamb, Brown, and Andrews will have huge days if your DBs cannot hold up.

Is that the LB that's possibly suspended for a weekend arrest ?

You're thinking of Natrez Patrick, the OLB opposite the Butkus Award Winner, Roquan Smith. The other player is a lightly used WR Jason Stanley. Stanley, who was arrested for DUI, was speeding and had less than an ounce in the car.

This is third marijuana-related arrest for Patrick, who was suspended for four games in October for a previous arrest. According to the UGA Student Code of Conduct, he should be expelled, but the Athletic Dept. is still investigating. lt will be interesting to see how Coach Smart handles this one.

I would imagine he is gone from the team. He was the passenger in the car and since marijuana was in the vehicle both occupants were charged with possession.

I expect Georgia to line up and try and run it down our throats keeping Mayfield and Company on the sidelines and that could be a problem as they are likely to rotate the 3 good backs they have keeping them fresh.
The talking heads said yesterday that the weak link in Georgia's defense is the secondary. Not good when facing an offense like OU's.
If our D can hold them to 30 or less I like I our chances.
I think it was David Pollack said yesterday, "Baker Mayfield scores 30 points just getting out of bed."

The LBer that just won the Butkus award is about as fast as any LBer in the country. Number 7 can fly also. We're weaker in the secondary than anywhere on the field. But LBer is not a weakness for us. We are concerned about Mayfield's ability downfield.

This is an offense that averages 8.9 yds per play. The best of all time. There are many weapons and run by Sr Heisman QB that is protected by the best line in CFB. Let that sink in a bit. If OU gets up 2 TDs your Dawgs will be forced to abandon your treasured RBs and pass. Your LB is a great player but unless Baker is injured before and/or during the game, he’ll dominate the game.

Georgia hasn't faced an OLine like OU's either. They're touting their front 4, but so did tOSU. That was easy.

Georgia only had 1 decent team they faced on their entire schedule. They had a 1 point win over Notre Dame who has since been exposed as a pretender. They split their games against Auburn.

Game 1 - 40-17
It was essentially a 40-10 game with a Georgia junk drive at the end.

Game 2 - 28-7
This was a 6-point game near the end of the 3rd quarter (without Auburn's entire offense - Kerryon Johnson). Auburn fumbles and Georgia only needs like 39 yards for the TD. Now it's 21-7 and Auburn needs points, so they start doing what they're not good at - passing to catch up. 3-and-out. Georgia busts it open on a 64-yd run to make it 28-7, and once again Auburn goes 3-and-out on 3 straight passes.
This was a win based on the turnover battle. Georgia wins 2-0 on turnovers.

Look at Georgia's 3rd down conversion rate in that game. 2/12 on 3rd downs. Average distance was 7.75yds on 3rd down.
So since they're so good, they must have tore it up on 2nd downs, right? Haha.
They went 6/19 on 2nd downs. That's 8/31 on 2nd and 3rd downs! 25.8% conversion for both 2nd and 3rd downs combined!

Looking closer at 2nd downs -
1st Half
They averaged 4.5 yards per 2nd down. That was all due to a 32 yard run. Taking that run out, and they averaged 0.6 yards on 2nd down in the first half.

2nd Half
It wasn't until the 2nd half, and especially the 4th quarter that the run got cracking. They averaged 5.7 yards per 2nd down. They had a 20 yard run which if you remove, they still averaged 4.3 yards per 2nd down. 3.6 yards in the 3rd and 5 yards in the 4th.

If you watched this game for real, you didn't come away thinking Georgia was impressive. You came away thinking Auburn absolutely stunk it up Saturday. They are helpless without Kerryon Johnson, and their defense was just not together on 1st downs.

On to 1st downs:
They were 12/31 on 1st downs for a new 1st down. That's crazy when you're getting first downs almost 1/2 of the time. They averaged 8.5 yards on 1st down.

Last edited:
I would imagine he is gone from the team. He was the passenger in the car and since marijuana was in the vehicle both occupants were charged with possession.
If he was on probation for his previous convictions (which he should be) then his presence around any drugs &/or any arrests it should bring him an automatic 30 Days in county jail. At least it does for the avg dude.

Georgia hasn't faced an OLine like OU's either. They're touting their front 4, but so did tOSU. That was easy.

Georgia only had 1 decent team they faced on their entire schedule. They had a 1 point win over Notre Dame who has since been exposed as a pretender. They split their games against Auburn.

Game 1 - 40-17

Game 2 - 28-7
This was a 6-point game near the end of the 3rd quarter (without Auburn's entire offense - Kerryon Johnson). Auburn fumbles and Georgia only needs like 39 yards for the TD. Now it's 21-7 and Auburn needs points, so they start doing what their not good at - passing to catch up. 3-and-out. Georgia busts it open on a 64-yd run to make it 28-7, and once again Auburn goes 3-and-out on 3 straight passes.

Look at Georgia's 3rd down conversion rate in that game. 2/12 on 3rd downs. Average distance was 7.75yds on 3rd down.
They went 6/19 on 2nd downs. That's 8/31 on 2nd and 3rd downs! 25.8% conversion for both 2nd and 3rd downs combined!

1st Half
They averaged 4.5 yards per 2nd down. That was all due to a 32 yard run. Taking that run out, and they averaged 0.6 yards on 2nd down in the first half.

2nd Half
It wasn't until the 2nd half, and especially the 4th quarter that the run got cracking. They averaged 5.7 yards per 2nd down. They had a 20 yard run which if you remove, they still averaged 4.3 yards per 2nd down. 3.6 yards in the 3rd and 5 yards in the 4th.

If you watched this game for real, you didn't come away thinking Georgia was impressive. You came away thinking Auburn absolutely stunk it up Saturday. They are helpless without Kerryon Johnson, and their defense was just not together on 1st downs.

On to 1st downs:
They were 12/31 on 1st downs for a new 1st down. That's crazy when you're getting first downs almost 1/2 of the time. They averaged 8.5 yards on 1st down.

Huh uh That’s right!

This is an offense that averages 8.9 yds per play. The best of all time. There are many weapons and run by Sr Heisman QB that is protected by the best line in CFB. Let that sink in a bit. If OU gets up 2 TDs your Dawgs will be forced to abandon your treasured RBs and pass. Your LB is a great player but unless Baker is injured before and/or during the game, he’ll dominate the game.
We wouldn't abandon the run after being down two TDs until the fourth quarter. I don't know how this will play out. It's college football. You guys barely beat a one win team. We got smoked by 23 three weeks ago and then beat the same team by 21 Saturday. Who could've seen Iowa bashing OSU the way they did.

All that to say, you may very well beat us. I do think based on total body of work, this will be the best defense you've faced this year. And for certain, your offense will be the best we've faced. I think it'll be a good game. But if I read too much on here, I'll probably be wishing we had never made the playoff due to the embarrassment that's about to come our way. ;-)

Game 1 - 40-17

Game 2 - 28-7
This was a 6-point game near the end of the 3rd quarter (without Auburn's entire offense - Kerryon Johnson). Auburn fumbles and Georgia only needs like 39 yards for the TD. Now it's 21-7 and Auburn needs points, so they start doing what they're not good at - passing to catch up. 3-and-out. Georgia busts it open on a 64-yd run to make it 28-7, and once again Auburn goes 3-and-out on 3 straight passes.

1st Half

2nd Half

On to 1st downs:
younggirloldwoman.jpg

OT and in the secondary is about as bad a combo as you could have. Obo loves weak OT play and if that's the case may go all Stryker 2013 Sugar Bowl in Pasadena. Mayfield, Lamb, Brown, and Andrews will have huge days if your DBs cannot hold up.
I have to laugh at some of the things said here. First our LBers are big and slow and now our tackles are weak. The AP just selected our Right Tackle as first team ALL SEC. the LT is a true freshman, but he's started all year and held up very well. Honestly, the only bad game our Oline has had to this point is the first Auburn game. Gotten better and stronger throughout the year. I don't know a whole lot about your roster, therefore I don't comment on it. Gonna be watching a whole lot of OSU on Youtube this month though to get familiar.

I have to laugh at some of the things said here. First our LBers are big and slow and now our tackles are weak. The AP just selected our Right Tackle as first team ALL SEC. the LT is a true freshman, but he's started all year and held up very well. Honestly, the only bad game our Oline has had to this point is the first Auburn game. Gotten better and stronger throughout the year. I don't know a whole lot about your roster, therefore I don't comment on it. Gonna be watching a whole lot of OSU on Youtube this month though to get familiar.

Outside of Chubb I know nothing about Georgia. Another Georgia fan in this thread commented on how bad your OT play has been and how average your secondary is. I’m simply referring to that comment.

Outside of Chubb I know nothing about Georgia. Another Georgia fan in this thread commented on how bad your OT play has been and how average your secondary is. I’m simply referring to that comment.
I knew he wasn't an OU fan, but even if he's a UGA fan he's lost on that comment. The freshman has graded out very well most games and the other guy is supposed to be one of the best, if not the best in the conference. Our secondary is the weakest part of the defense, but they're still an above average unit. Just have more holes than the other two.
I do enjoy talking to the other side. I think this game is incredibly interesting not just because of the clash in styles of the two teams, but also the two conferences. We just don't see teams like each other very often. I was shocked to find that you guys are only tenth in average offensive plays run per game in the Big 12, and you are very muc a fast paced, up and down the field, 100 mph offense. Not surprising that two of the fastest teams in our conference, not named Auburn, came from the Big 12.

To be honest, that is one aspect of Georgia's offense that does worry me. But, I just don't see that type of offense as being able to keep pace with OU's offense.
I think it would be very wise on Georgia's part to play ball control. They are very capable of doing so. They pride themselves in being the more physical team on both sides of the ball (just listen to Kirby in the SECCG on field post game interview).
Georgia respects what Mayfield is capable of and I'm sure part of the game plan will be feed Chubb, Michel, Swift, Holyfield, and Herrien and wear down OU's DL and most importantly minimize the amount of times BM can throw the ball.

He's gonna be the Heisman for a reason...

Does the shrubbery give special powers? I have some shrubbery and it doesn't do shit but grow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT