ADVERTISEMENT

Even the Boz is questioning if it's time to move on from Stoops

That's funny PtLavaca. I had to see what halted this great thread. Speaking of the Boz you should read the article Tramel wrote for the paper today. He is definitely an idiot. No not Trammel it's the Boz who's stupid. Read it, but warning it will be too logical for some of you to grasp. Billy thinks the is in a competition on here. He's wrong I could care less who wins these useless arguments. I'm worried about Ohio State next year. Are you guys kidding me? Time wasting dudes on here.

LOL... If I'm on here, I have time to waste, yet I do find a good bit of it entertaining... And of course, I entertain myself... There are some serious discussions, without doubt. I don't know about winning anything here, although there are points and likes and post counts visible... As for the Bozo... Well, he is an idiot, and that is something I'm an expert on...

http://newsok.com/article/5522787

Interesting article. Bottom line, until Boren and/or Joe C. are publicly critical of Bob Stoops, anyone that talks negatively of Bob is going be seen in a negative light especially a member of the Sooner family. It doesn't matter that 1000's of Sooner fans are also asking the same questions and making the same comments as Bosworth. Does anyone think Bosworth is the only former player thinking like this? I bet there are.

Interesting article. Bottom line, until Boren and/or Joe C. are publicly critical of Bob Stoops, anyone that talks negatively of Bob is going be seen in a negative light especially a member of the Sooner family. It doesn't matter that 1000's of Sooner fans are also asking the same questions and making the same comments as Bosworth. Does anyone think Bosworth is the only former player thinking like this? I bet there are.

Mike has explained that dammit... Fans just don't understand... They play a different kind of offense... 0:56 in, "the normal person..." I guess he means he is abnormal???

What's interesting is here it is 2 weeks since those comments and apparently it's still news. And also since Brian Bosworth has his history of The Boz 30 years ago, I guess he can't voice his opinion anymore for fear he will be labeled The Boz again? It's as if he no longer has a right to speak his mind.
Maybe some years ago if some had vented as much against Bob's "friends and family" hiring to his staff that they are putting towards Brian right now, then maybe Bob wouldn't have let his program slip like it did for years in the first place.
Making the playoff last year was a great step in the right direction. But Clemson showed OU had a ways to go before being in the level to play for National Titles again. And the way OU started this season shows there is still a lot of work to do, regardless of how warm and fuzzy the playoff birth made everyone feel last season.

And OU played the two darlings of the little xii minus their QB's last year in Baylor and Tea Cup, who scored 16 in the final period to only decide to go for the win instead sending it to OT... A play here or a play there, a different decision, and just maybe OU is playing in San Antonio vs. Cupcake U and others are happy about a bowl victory in a meaningless one...

Reactions: CTOkie and Oklabama
So in my sickness, I decided to revisit the loss to Clemson in last year's playoff... I find a lot to be desired honestly... Fifteen for fifty-eight... Those are Perine's rushing stats... Two for twenty-seven... His first two carries... He had one late carry for 6, one for 5, another for 4... The rest are 3 or less... He basically got two good runs and Clemson shut him down... Why can't OU shut down an opponent?

Obviously, in the little xii, one needs to dominate in order to have a team worthy of top 5 status, no?

.. Why can't OU shut down an opponent?
The first person I heard pick it out was Damien Mackey over on the pay board last year, even prior to the Texas loss. He said straight up that Mike's defense is soft in the middle. That why Texas ran for over 300yds last year, and Clemson mirrored that by also running for over 300yds. They just lined up and shoved Mike's soft defense down the field. Ohio State did it again this season with nearly 300yds on the ground. It gets frustrating seeing teams enforce their will on Mike's defenses like that, and even more frustrating when Mike says "we just aren't use to seeing offenses like that in our league". Well..no shit Mike!!! But what kind of offenses does he think his defenses will run into then they get into a playoff, or if they have any legit plans on playing for a national title again!!!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="BillyRay, post: 1531856, member: 478

when Mike says "we just aren't use to seeing offenses like that in our league"

I can't believe a coach would use this as an excuse why his defense was so inept. Basically, isn't Mike admitting that he is incapable of game planning for teams that don't run a spread offense? It's so nutty that it's funny. Except I'm not laughing.

[QUOTE="BillyRay, post: 1531856, member: 478

when Mike says "we just aren't use to seeing offenses like that in our league"

I can't believe a coach would use this as an excuse why his defense was so inept. Basically, isn't Mike admitting that he is incapable of game planning for teams that don't run a spread offense? It's so nutty that it's funny. Except I'm not laughing.

The "funniest" part is TCU (they're in the B12, aren't they?) put up 46 points and 514 yards in the first game against offenses he IS used to seeing.
And Texas (second B12 team we played) put up 40 / 425.
And the last three games on our schedule (all B12 games) are likely going to push the average higher.
Anybody but the Head Coach's brother would have likely been dismissed on the spot for saying something like that.
And, no, I'm not laughing, either.

The "funniest" part is TCU (they're in the B12, aren't they?) put up 46 points and 514 yards in the first game against offenses he IS used to seeing.
Anybody but the Head Coach's brother would have likely been dismissed on the spot for saying something like that.
And, no, I'm not laughing, either.

Exactly. He would have looked smarter if had just asked the press "Do you mind if I do a J?"

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT