ADVERTISEMENT

bye week, work on defense glitches

11159869_ori.jpg
Lol, "I haven't heard anything worth listening to around here", good classic movie

Reactions: iasooner1
Yes I watched the game, and I stand by my post, the game was never in doubt. The Sooners stopped Tulsa four times in the third and fourth quarter and at one point in the fourth quarter had a 21 point lead. No the game was never in doubt.

Well, it's your credibility on the line, not mine or any of us other "idiots". Whatever it is that is eating at you, I hope you get it worked out because this is not like you.

Well, this idiot's butt was puckering when Tulsa got it to 31-38 in the 3rd quarter and was moving the ball fairly easy. Granted it was a good win, but you better tighten your seat belts because there will undoubtedly be more games that will get your attention. I'm happy with the win but to say it was never in doubt is....well....idiotic. Edit: I take that back. Not nice.

Every team in the nation except for OK State and Baylor has had a tight game (okay I might have missed a few). There is no reason to go gloomer on OU when 90% of the college teams are going through the same problems. JMO

Every team in the nation except for OK State and Baylor has had a tight game (okay I might have missed a few). There is no reason to go gloomer on OU when 90% of the college teams are going through the same problems. JMO

Well, I'm not going gloomer because I disagreed with SoonerMike. I'm not sure why SoonerMike is so obviously pissed off at us here, but I hope he gets over it soon. For him to say that the Tulsa game was never in doubt is absurd. It even borders on trolling the board just to upset people. It's just a ridiculous statement topped off by calling us "idiots". As for the win itself, I'm thrilled with the win and love our offensive play. I'm also hoping for vast improvements in our secondary, because we're going to need it. We need it badly.

Well, this idiot's butt was puckering when Tulsa got it to 31-38 in the 3rd quarter and was moving the ball fairly easy. Granted it was a good win, but you better tighten your seat belts because there will undoubtedly be more games that will get your attention. I'm happy with the win but to say it was never in doubt is....well....idiotic. Edit: I take that back. Not nice.

Definitely this. To say the game was never in doubt is pretty much admitting to having your head in the sand during an actually a tight game. That late in the game all it would take is a couple plays and it's tied back up.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
22, I didn't see the Mike post calling anyone personally out. I did, when a poster with 3 total posts starts listing everything he thought was wrong with the game. Nota one thing positive and yes we had many. To me that's a gloomer. Come on the board to bitch.

I just got off the Scout board, they are laughing at Missouri with a 9-6 win over UConn. Some are laughing at the defending NC OSU Buckeyes squeaking against UNL by a TD. I've seen some other post regarding the #3 TCU team vs SMU scoring and playing like we did against TU. Arkansas is getting the LOL's all over the place.

As I've stated before, college football has changed. It's not 1985 anymore.

BTW, I agree about no name calling.............Gifs work better. HA!

Well, I'm not going gloomer because I disagreed with SoonerMike. I'm not sure why SoonerMike is so obviously pissed off at us here, but I hope he gets over it soon. For him to say that the Tulsa game was never in doubt is absurd. It even borders on trolling the board just to upset people. It's just a ridiculous statement topped off by calling us "idiots". As for the win itself, I'm thrilled with the win and love our offensive play. I'm also hoping for vast improvements in our secondary, because we're going to need it. We need it badly.

22 my apologies if you thought the idiot comment was directed at you. It was not ever. Tulsa never lead the game they tossed a prayer up at the end of the half. OU took the halftime kick and marched down and scored. And never had less than a 14 point lead going forward, again tell me how the game was in doubt. This is an argument that can not be won. Tulsa was within 7 at the half that's it. OU Scored game set match. And I never thought YOU where or are an idiot.

I'll never get why after waiting and waiting to have football back during the offseason, people constantly look to games that are months away once the season actually starts. I'lljust enjoy each and every weekend of football as it comes and worry about games in November when it's November.

Yes I watched the game, and I stand by my post, the game was never in doubt. The Sooners stopped Tulsa four times in the third and fourth quarter and at one point in the fourth quarter had a 21 point lead. No the game was never in doubt.
I guess that depends on what you mean by "never in doubt".

Reactions: BillyRay
22 my apologies if you thought the idiot comment was directed at you. It was not ever. Tulsa never lead the game they tossed a prayer up at the end of the half. OU took the halftime kick and marched down and scored. And never had less than a 14 point lead going forward, again tell me how the game was in doubt. This is an argument that can not be won. Tulsa was within 7 at the half that's it. OU Scored game set match. And I never thought YOU where or are an idiot.

Thanks for posting this Mike. You asked me to tell you how the game was in doubt. Look no further than 30 minutes earlier before the half.
0:00:27 Touchdown Tulsa
0:00:12 Touchdown Tulsa
15 seconds.... 14 points. A freaky sequence of events, no doubt, but they proved they were capable of bang-bang scoring.

It is true that Tulsa was within 7 at the half and that's it. But if our offense hadn't continued to chug-along in the second half, they would have caught us. It was a shootout of old Mountain West Conference proportions and I am never confident in a shoot out.

Thanks for posting this Mike. You asked me to tell you how the game was in doubt. Look no further than 30 minutes earlier before the half.
0:00:27 Touchdown Tulsa
0:00:12 Touchdown Tulsa
15 seconds.... 14 points. A freaky sequence of events, no doubt, but they proved they were capable of bang-bang scoring.

It is true that Tulsa was within 7 at the half and that's it. But if our offense hadn't continued to chug-along in the second half, they would have caught us. It was a shootout of old Mountain West Conference proportions and I am never confident in a shoot out.

I was never worried. I bet you bite your fingernails.....HA

Just Joking......

I assure I was never worried they couldn't stop us, and anyone except some with their head in the sand could see this. Lol

Mike, I have absolutely no problem with posters that critique our game. CT, 22,Oklabama and others will post after game problems that all of us see that needs to be corrected. I do have a problem when posters come on here and start listing everything they think what is wrong and never mention what is right with the program. Those are what I call gloomers or for me called "posters on ignore".

Every year we have posters on here who build up ou and ou players to be better than they actually are in real life. That doesn't make them a better fan, it makes them an unrealistic fan. Sure we would have liked for Clay and Landry to be great or for Sanchez to be elite but it just isn't true. My guess is this is just the beginning and mike stoops will be gone after this year

Mike, I have absolutely no problem with posters that critique our game. CT, 22,Oklabama and others will post after game problems that all of us see that needs to be corrected. I do have a problem when posters come on here and start listing everything they think what is wrong and never mention what is right with the program. Those are what I call gloomers or for me called "posters on ignore".

I agree with you here, I also see posters talking crap about Mike Stoops, slamming players right and left. I'm just about done here anyway. Hell I make an opinionated post about I would be shocked if TU scored more than 13 I was obviously wrong, but I also said OU would hang a half hundred. And guess what I was flamed for my I'll be surprised if comment. I think I'll just attend games and move on from this board. Nothing ever changes. I come to the board looking for information on injuries and celebrate a victory, instead I see stupid shit posted about the players and coaches. Trust me I'm hanging on by a thread here.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
And just for clarity, most of the concern on the board is about games in the future, NOT about whether the Tulsa game was ever in doubt or not. It was a close game against Tulsa. Much closer than most would have expected going into that game. Vast majority of OU fans felt confident that OU had the horses to outlast Tulsa in the end.

But the REAL concern that the "idiots" are posting about, is what will happen when OU faces a much tougher opponent in TCU, Baylor or OSU. Those teams invariably have better talent across the board than OU just faced with Tulsa. So I think it's pretty childish to label OU fans who are a bit leery as to what the future brings as "idiots".

And just for clarity, most of the concern on the board is about games in the future, NOT about whether the Tulsa game was ever in doubt or not. It was a close game against Tulsa. Much closer than most would have expected going into that game. Vast majority of OU fans felt confident that OU had the horses to outlast Tulsa in the end.

But the REAL concern that the "idiots" are posting about, is what will happen when OU faces a much tougher opponent in TCU, Baylor or OSU. Those teams invariably have better talent across the board than OU just faced with Tulsa. So I think it's pretty childish to label OU fans who are a bit leery as to what the future brings as "idiots".

And Tennessee has more talent than two of the three you just mentioned and guess what the result of that game was for OU.

Mike you made a post pretty much calling posters idiots if they thought differently than you and YOU are tired of this place? Lol. Come on man. And if u wanna leave that's your business and I wouldn't blame you, the board is pretty much irrelevant anyways. Either way, we are still bff's

I agree with you here, I also see posters talking crap about Mike Stoops, slamming players right and left. I'm just about done here anyway. Hell I make an opinionated post about I would be shocked if TU scored more than 13 I was obviously wrong, but I also said OU would hang a half hundred. And guess what I was flamed for my I'll be surprised if comment. I think I'll just attend games and move on from this board. Nothing ever changes. I come to the board looking for information on injuries and celebrate a victory, instead I see stupid shit posted about the players and coaches. Trust me I'm hanging on by a thread here.

I would hate to see you go. I can understand if you do. I chose to put the nellies on ignore and the board is so much better. No need to read the twins anymore..............HA

tumblr_ml2h64dnlX1qzb0mbo1_400.gif

Reactions: sooner_mike
K2c continues to make a fool of himself daily on sooner scoop. Here we have an elderly man who has little to zero knowledge about football and only contributes to this board with gif's and his attempt to get a lot of likes lol. Let's not even mention his "fake" ignores. When you really ignore someone on here, you don't become obsessed with them daily ha-ha. It's no wonder the board is the way it is now, its 3 weeks in and only a handful of posters. Pathetic

That's the thing...does Tennessee have even remotely close to the same level of offense as the teams I just listed?? Or do you even understand the difference that is being discussed in this thread??

Yes I think Tennessee would beat TCU at home, have you not watched TCU? OSU has played High School teams no way you can say OSU is even on Tulsas level in fact I would bet lots that Tulsa would beat OSU. Tulsa would be 3 and 0 with OSU schedule. Tennessee would beat them byb2 touchdowns.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
K2c continues to make a fool of himself daily on sooner scoop. Here we have an elderly man who has little to zero knowledge about football and only contributes to this board with gif's and his attempt to get a lot of likes lol. Let's not even mention his "fake" ignores. When you really ignore someone on here, you don't become obsessed with them daily ha-ha. It's no wonder the board is the way it is now, its 3 weeks in and only a handful of posters. Pathetic

And Yankees who wants to post with folks, who constantly try to berate the older posters like you constantly do. If you're an adult then act like one. Your post above is nothing more than an attempt to start flame wars. It's apparently what you would rather do. You sure as hell don't want to talk OU football. I maybe wrong but I haven't see one post congratulating the team on a great win and 3-0 start. All you do is stir this board up. And look all you have left is me to argue with you. No one I mean no one responds to you, other than maybe four people, me being one of them damn man this board isn't about you or me it's about Sooner sports players and coaches. But shame on me for posting this to you.

Mike quit crying like a baby, no one responds to anyone on here other than a few. Look up mike, its a board of only a handful of posters. I warned this would happen a couple of years ago and now look....lol. I like to have conversations with knowledgeable fans, k2c doesn't fall in that category.

And Yankees who wants to post with folks, who constantly try to berate the older posters like you constantly do. If you're an adult then act like one. Your post above is nothing more than an attempt to start flame wars. It's apparently what you would rather do. You sure as hell don't want to talk OU football. I maybe wrong but I haven't see one post congratulating the team on a great win and 3-0 start. All you do is stir this board up. And look all you have left is me to argue with you. No one I mean no one responds to you, other than maybe four people, me being one of them damn man this board isn't about you or me it's about Sooner sports players and coaches. But shame on me for posting this to you.

U say you are about ready to move on? Don't make the announcement, this isn't Facebook. Just do it. Good luck to ya

Yes I think Tennessee would beat TCU at home, have you not watched TCU? OSU has played High School teams no way you can say OSU is even on Tulsas level in fact I would bet lots that Tulsa would beat OSU. Tulsa would be 3 and 0 with OSU schedule. Tennessee would beat them byb2 touchdowns.

All assumptions, that really have nothing to do with my post. What Tennessee or Tulsa would do against those teams is completely irrelevant. And with you calling others stupid, I would have assumed you would have realized that. I'm talking about what Baylor, TCU or OSU could possibly do against OUs defense. Tulsa was a bit of a wakeup call that OUs secondary is prone to getting torched. And who knows, maybe it's simply something football fans have to learn to accept with offenses these days. But after seeing Tulsa move the ball pretty well, then it's a pretty valid reason for OU fans to be a bit leery for what looms ahead.

Mike quit crying like a baby, no one responds to anyone on here other than a few. Look up mike, its a board of only a handful of posters. I warned this would happen a couple of years ago and now look....lol. I like to have conversations with knowledgeable fans, k2c doesn't fall in that category.

Again you're making this about you, and trying to flame me in the process. Won't work brother. Nice try though.

U say you are about ready to move on? Don't make the announcement, this isn't Facebook. Just do it. Good luck to ya

Lmaooo you would love that I'm sure. And what does Facebook have to do with anything. Oh I get it you love the drama. You have single handedly took this board down, I bet you love that. Makes you giggle doesn't it.

All assumptions, that really have nothing to do with my post. What Tennessee or Tulsa would do against those teams is completely irrelevant. And with you calling others stupid, I would have assumed you would have realized that. I'm talking about what Baylor, TCU or OSU could possibly do against OUs defense. Tulsa was a bit of a wakeup call that OUs secondary is prone to getting torched. And who knows, maybe it's simply something football fans have to learn to accept with offenses these days. But after seeing Tulsa move the ball pretty well, then it's a pretty valid reason for OU fans to be a bit leery for what looms ahead.

Well, my assumption are no different than some on here saying OU is in trouble when the face Baylor, TCU, or OSU right? Since its all assumptions and all.

Mike because that's what drama queens do on fb...they announce they are leaving fb for a while so everyone will say "no please stay". Are you one of those? And mike I told you years ago if you and others try to make this a hangout for only you and your buddies the board will die a slow death. Did I hit the nail on the head or what? Lol. Now even you don't like it. Just man up and say u shouldn't have called posters idiots and lets talk sports

Well, my assumption are no different than some on here saying OU is in trouble when the face Baylor, TCU, or OSU right? Since its all assumptions and all.

Assumptions based on facts from what was seen on the field yesterday, facts btw that are backed up by OU having trouble dealing with them last year as well. It's a pattern OU fans have seen from OU the last few years in having trouble dealing with certain offenses. And it's a concern that OU fans are legit in thinking about, until OU can prove them wrong later in the season when those games are played. But like I said, it's possible that it's just the way college football is going in that defenses will become more and more impotent.

The only difference is you are the one coming on here calling others idiots.

Reactions: Oklabama
I am new to this board, but love Sooner football. It's good to come here and share our thoughts before and after games. Love it when we win, sad when we lose, however, I will always be a Sooner. Go Sooners, thanks for the win.

I am new to this board, but love Sooner football. It's good to come here and share our thoughts before and after games. Love it when we win, sad when we lose, however, I will always be a Sooner. Go Sooners, thanks for the win.

Welcome, and that's what I'm talking about. One game at a time brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT