ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII Title Game thread. OU - Iowa State

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
The spread ended up at OU -6. Kick off around 11:05. Sooners will have almost everybody available including Trejan Bridges. Apparently, Austin Stogner has started working out with the team again, but no info about where he might be available.

BOOMER!!

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Man that was a tough call on the ISU db. He was obviously trying to give Stoops a nice little shoulder but damn he didnt hit with his helmet. They are really getting a little iffy on defensive calls these days imo

Why is the ejected ISU player still on the sideline? I thought by rule he had to leave the field...
The rule changed this year. He can stay on the sideline, for the whiners at ABC to complain and show him every time we hit a pass where he was playing.

I disagree with the notion that it was a marginal targeting. The safety didn't hit with his head. But he did blast Stoops hard in the head, while Drake was a defenseless player. That is a no brainer call the rules now.

I will say that it's great to actually be able to say we have a defense again. They are really starting to come on. Maybe we can demote Riley to OC and bring in Matt Campbell as HC to kick Riley in the ass. Riley's inner Texas Tech retard persona rears its head every damn game.

Reactions: JConXtsy
I will say that it's great to actually be able to say we have a defense again. They are really starting to come on. Maybe we can demote Riley to OC and bring in Matt Campbell as HC to kick Riley in the ass. Riley's inner Texas Tech retard persona rears its head every damn game.

I'm offended by your words...not really 😁. Spot on for LR's inability to close a game out in the second half. I am proud of the defense's progress. It struck me that we went for a field go, instead of going for it on 4th down on the last drive. That would not be possible due to the defense.

I also have to give Tre Brown credit. For a guy who really has had stone hands and fights the ball more than he's caught it in his career here has come up with some dang nice interceptions this year and has been pretty good in pass coverage. Well done.

Iowa State is a quality opponent and never gave up.
This win was a good win over a good team.
The field goal late in the game took away ISU's kicking game and once again we are seeing games won by pressuring the QB, as Bonitto did on Purdy's pick at the end.
OU's kicking game....two field goals, great punting and two great kickoff returns by Tre Brown....sealed the deal.
And.....zero turnovers.

Last edited:

I think Riley understands that his offense isn't as good as his past teams and that his defense is much improved. As a result, Coaches or manages the game differently. He played to his strengths today. He has a pretty decent feel of the game. He didn't put a RS Freshman QB in a position to turn the ball over. As fans, we're used to a wide open offense, scoring 50+ just to win. We're not that type of team any longer.

i give thanks to all the big12 coaches who left OUr stud defensive players off first-team all-conference ballots. couldn't have asked for a better game-beginning motivator! they started pissed and stayed that way for a loooong time today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT