ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia game prediction thread

Its early and I must be board to be on OU's board but I just wanted to make 1 more point. How smart do those B12 media members look now picking WVU 6th in Conf! We wouldn't be discussing the game the way we are if that was the case. Good luck to all this weekend and prayers to all the young men from both teams to come out of Saturdays game injury free. See you at noon. Saturday!.... my bad, I mean 11!

This is funny stuff right here. West Virginia hasn't even played a down of football yet in conference play, and this guy wants us to agree with him that the media looks dumb.

Some of you are in for a very rude awakening. OU won't win by 17 or 21 and they sure as hell won't score 40 some points. Perine is a beast and isn't sneaking up on us this year.

A couple of wvu posters that had it around 31-24 were spot on.
Old Gold n Blue 31-34, Crimson and Cream 21-24.

Some of you are in for a very rude awakening. OU won't win by 17 or 21 and they sure as hell won't score 40 some points. Perine is a beast and isn't sneaking up on us this year.

Well, this speculation must be fun for you...winning in your mind.

Unfortunately, the game determines the winner...and that's not WV.
Come on, you aren't ready for prime time yet. Sorry, it's true.

I agree 100% with you..there's a lot of 'eers who are in for a very rude awakening!

Ou took a worse team to Morgantown last season and won by 2 tds. Wvu lost their best player by a very wide margin and now they are going to win by double digits in norman? Lulz.

Last edited:
Honestly neither WVU or Oklahoma really knows what type of team we have at this point. If we win I'll be happy.....if you win good luck the rest of the year and hopefully you go on to win the Big 12 this year.

Reactions: veritas59
I guess we will see in less than 24 hours!! If this game was in Morgantown I think this year we win by 10.....at your place with you guys having 2 weeks to scout and prepare........going to be tough.

Most WV fans are good fans who actually live in the real world. I actually felt for them in 2007 ( I think it was 07) when they were upset by Pitt at seasons end costing them a spot in the NC game.

As for this game I would think anyone who isnt concerned about this game is crazy. I know I am vey concerned about the OU defense and I think WV has a better offense than Tulsa does. I am not sold uet on their defense because they haven't exactly played anyone yet I would consider as a real test for their defense.

This Saturday we will find out just how good that defense is and if the OU offense is bogged down by it then the sky will be the limit for the Mountaineers this year.

However I also think our defense will play a much better game this week and the OU offense will move the ball well enough to get the win.

If neither happens West Virginia may just win big.

OU 31-20
You guys have the edge..as a WVU fan y

West Virginia has beaten:

Georgia Southern (FCS team)
Liberty (FCS team)
Maryland

Maryland has beaten Richmond (FCS team) and USF, one of the worst teams in FBS.

Just saying...
You do realize that Georgia Southern is in the Sun Belt don't you? I'm guessing not since you have them listed as a FCS team...

You do realize that Georgia Southern is in the Sun Belt don't you? I'm guessing not since you have them listed as a FCS team...

I have no problem with your early season schedule. It's only smart to mix in a good major or two (like us) and a mid P5 team, but who knows when we schedule so far ahead.

Next two years we have Ohio State. (I think). What you got to counter balance that?

Reactions: dsearls
I have no problem with your early season schedule. It's only smart to mix in a good major or two (like us) and a mid P5 team, but who knows when we schedule so far ahead.

Next two years we have Ohio State. (I think). What you got to counter balance that?
We opened with Alabama last year, Missouri and BYU in 2016, Virginia Tech in 2017, Tennessee and NC State in 2018. May not be Ohio State, but it's still better than what most teams do...

We opened with Alabama last year, Missouri and BYU in 2016, Virginia Tech in 2017, Tennessee and NC State in 2018. May not be Ohio State, but it's still better than what most teams do...
I actually wish we did what the SEC does and schedule the weak teams mid-late season. When you are banged up its practically a win during a bye week.

I actually wish we did what the SEC does and schedule the weak teams mid-late season. When you are banged up its practically a win during a bye week.

Who's going to be the weak teams in the future? It wasn't long ago Baylor and TCU would have fit your description. Just saying.......

Who's going to be the weak teams in the future? It wasn't long ago Baylor and TCU would have fit your description. Just saying.......
We all have "weak" teams. Late in the season when our starters are hurt it would be better to play Liberty or Akron late. Pretty safe bet neither of them are ever going to be world beaters. Just saying..

Edit: I wasn't talking about power 5 which are hit or miss..but the "tune up" games. Hell it seems like LSU plays Lafayette 7 weeks in or a similar team. Bama does the same. Its a safe way to rack up a win and get ur star players healed up

We all have "weak" teams. Late in the season when our starters are hurt it would be better to play Liberty or Akron late. Pretty safe bet neither of them are ever going to be world beaters. Just saying..

Edit: I wasn't talking about power 5 which are hit or miss..but the "tune up" games. Hell it seems like LSU plays Lafayette 7 weeks in or a similar team. Bama does the same. Its a safe way to rack up a win and get ur star players healed up

Okay, I get your point. I'm not sure I like it. I would rather use tune up games to build to our regular schedule. Maybe the league could use a better "off week" than we are seeing, at least for us this year. ?

Okay, I get your point. I'm not sure I like it. I would rather use tune up games to build to our regular schedule. Maybe the league could use a better "off week" than we are seeing, at least for us this year. ?
I think it's a double edged sword. I mean if we open early with each other, we have less time to get in a groove, but so does the other team. Playing an almost guaranteed win later lets you heal. No matter how good you are you are gonna have some key guys that need a break by November. I think the SEC has benefited from that

So does the open date, even more. The Sooners were just getting in a groove with two injuries to the line. Then an open date. I would rather have an open date just before Texas and one before OSU, usually the last. Talk about getting healed, open dates are better than patsies.

Do you guy's have an open date the next four games? Just wondering. Your schedule is brutal............

Oh goodness, wins10, you're a good man. 76 likes vs. 65 messages.

You're just like us...a freakin' whore slut...:eek:

Well he isn't a sluttish mole...............HA

tumblr_nubk5hUkBZ1qz6f9yo1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT