ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia game prediction thread

If Thomas starts and plays a full game, I think we win something like 35-24. If he doesn't. a one point crapshoot. Bob was very evasive about him in the news conference. If he's out there, we can play great defense.

If Thomas starts and plays a full game, I think we win something like 35-24. If he doesn't. a one point crapshoot. Bob was very evasive about him in the news conference. If he's out there, we can play great defense.

Plaino, I read where he was taking most of the practice snaps. That was yesterday.........

It won't be decided til the last minute, OU wins by a FG .............OU 20 WV 17 :D

rszvl.jpg

JR would never pick anyone but OU!

336813.jpg

58-48 Oklahoma.........Mike's D makes me pull what's left of my hair out!
There is no possible way this WVU defense gives up 58 points! Being the game is at 11:00am your time and noon here it will help the visitors with easier environment. WVU wins 31-24

I don't know about this. Tulsa's WR's are better than the Mountaineer's WR's by everything I've seen. Take away those opportunities to burn our corners, and I think OU's chances are very promising to stop a ground game. Those short slant passes might kill us, but WV cannot do that all day long.

OU 38
WV 17
Both our WR's are ESPN top 300. Every program in the country was after Jovon Durante. After Saturday you will see why. Both are sub 4.4 guys. I would hope Tulsa WR's are not better

Both our WR's are ESPN top 300. Every program in the country was after Jovon Durante. After Saturday you will see why. Both are sub 4.4 guys. I would hope Tulsa WR's are not better

Keevan Lucas - 101 receptions and 1200+ yards last year as a sophomore
Keyarris Garrett - current Biletnikoff Award watchlist
Josh Atkinson - averaging 17 yds/reception and 100+ yds/game this year

When Bob was asked at his presser if Thomas would start against West Virginia, he said something to the effect that it depended on how he practiced this week. But last week, he practiced well. He needs to not just play.

But Mike said last night that Thomas would start. I'm assuming the kinks have been addressed. He hasn't played in three weeks, sooo.

But I still think we'll hold the Mountaineers under 30. We'll see.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
West Virginia has beaten:

Georgia Southern (FCS team)
Liberty (FCS team)
Maryland

Maryland has beaten Richmond (FCS team) and USF, one of the worst teams in FBS.

Just saying...
We realize who we've played. We always have a battle with you guys tho. For once we have a defense so we have reason to be excited. Our young wr crew was the worry coming into the season and they've looked good so far. I still expect a great game either way. I will be plastered by kickoff

You guys have played Akron, tennessee and Tulsa.....not much better than what we have played. 2 of the 3 put over 30 on your D.. I am confident in our chances this year. You almost lost to Tennessee and the jury is still out on how do they actually are this year....have they even beaten a FBS school this year?

Going to be a SLUGFEST. Best 2 defenses in the Big 12 IMO.

Defense is similar, I would give WVU a slight edge there.
WVU

The QBs have similar skill sets. Baker tends to take chances and make plays. (Leading the country in TDs)
Skyler just makes the right reads gets the ball where it needs to go. ( Has 1 INT in over 5 games played. And that INT bounced off the receiver.)
TIE

The two best centers in the league.
TIE

Both have a lightning and thunder 2 stud backfield. Perine is a beast.
OU

Both teams have nasty, fast, and dynamic receivers.
TIE

Prediction
WVU 24 OU 21

Reactions: wvuwins10
Keevan Lucas - 101 receptions and 1200+ yards last year as a sophomore
Keyarris Garrett - current Biletnikoff Award watchlist
Josh Atkinson - averaging 17 yds/reception and 100+ yds/game this year

Receivers and QB have a major impact on the performance of this team. So-called experts are expecting Tulsa to fold at home against Memphis, but I'm not comfortable with that call.

Reactions: iasooner1
I've read this sentence over & over and I still do not grasp these thoughts...

Sooners 34 - vistors 21 BOOMER !!

Eh, don't worry about it Gary, it's just another saga of the tortured logic of a team, and their myopic fans attempting to justify winning at OUr house...when rote logic and deductive reasoning
dictates that's not going to happen.
They can hope, dream...hell, they can wish on a star...aint happening.:eek:

Everyone posting 40 points doesn't know a thing about WVU's football team.... Not saying we will lock up the W, but the winner of this game will not be scoring 40 points.

Everyone posting 40 points doesn't know a thing about WVU's football team.... Not saying we will lock up the W, but the winner of this game will not be scoring 40 points.

Well, I didn't go as high as 40 in my pick, but the odd thing about you Mountaineer fans and Holgerson is, it seems that news of high-scoring Big XII offenses and vulnerable defenses hasn't hit Morgantown yet. If you guys can come up with a defense that stops these crazy offenses, then I'll be a WV believer. But I've yet to see it from any Big XII team.

Well, I didn't go as high as 40 in my pick, but the odd thing about you Mountaineer fans and Holgerson is, it seems that news of high-scoring Big XII offenses and vulnerable defenses hasn't hit Morgantown yet. If you guys can come up with a defense that stops these crazy offenses, then I'll be a WV believer. But I've yet to see it from any Big XII team.
We're playing in our 4th season in the B12. Holgs, the team, and fans know what to expect from the best B12 Offenses and the vulnerable defenses. This is not your average B12 Defense. I'm just hoping your players and coaches think like your fans...

But to be honest, I think were all going to enjoy true dog fight Saturday.

Am I the only OU fan that sees us losing this one? I just think our defense is terrible. I hope I'm wrong

I'll bite, so does this mean you won't be here slamming coaches and players directly after game If we lose, since you give us no shot And our D is so horrible. And no need in showing up if we win either. Right! Just so you know I'm the only poster responding to you.

When Bob was asked at his presser if Thomas would start against West Virginia, he said something to the effect that it depended on how he practiced this week. But last week, he practiced well. He needs to not just play.

But Mike said last night that Thomas would start. I'm assuming the kinks have been addressed. He hasn't played in three weeks, sooo.

But I still think we'll hold the Mountaineers under 30. We'll see.

This defense is awful didn't you know that? Lol

Sorry mike but I'll be here win or lose. Last year we had one of the worst defenses in ou history and the one team we played this year with a decent offense we got absolutely torched. By all means tell me where im posting false information. I'm not, you and others just don't wanna hear it. I want us to win as much as anyone, but I'm being cautiously optimistic.... Heres hoping the D steps up and proves me wrong. We really need em to at least slow them down, I think our offense is very good

Reactions: BillyRay
West Virginia has beaten:

Georgia Southern (FCS team)
Liberty (FCS team)
Maryland

Maryland has beaten Richmond (FCS team) and USF, one of the worst teams in FBS.

Just saying...
Actually Georgia Southern is in the Sun Belt. Went undefeated in conference last year. Lost to GT on the road in the last minute. Same at NC State. This year after being shut-out by us they scored more points and had a higher margine of victory over Western Michigan than both Michigan State and Ohio State. They are averaging 45 points a game since the WVU game. I know they are no Alabama, but most experts put them in the top 40. Definitely not FCS. They would beat Akron & Tulsa

Its early and I must be board to be on OU's board but I just wanted to make 1 more point. How smart do those B12 media members look now picking WVU 6th in Conf! We wouldn't be discussing the game the way we are if that was the case. Good luck to all this weekend and prayers to all the young men from both teams to come out of Saturdays game injury free. See you at noon. Saturday!.... my bad, I mean 11!

Actually Georgia Southern is in the Sun Belt. Went undefeated in conference last year. Lost to GT on the road in the last minute. Same at NC State. This year after being shut-out by us they scored more points and had a higher margine of victory over Western Michigan than both Michigan State and Ohio State. They are averaging 45 points a game since the WVU game. I know they are no Alabama, but most experts put them in the top 40. Definitely not FCS. They would beat Akron & Tulsa

Let's apply this logic to 2013, but I'll go one step further and talk about actual W's and L's, not almost maybes.
In 2013, Oklahoma beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
Earlier, OU lost to Texas.
Texas lost to Okie State
Okie State lost to WVU.
Therefore, WVU (4-8) could have beaten Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

I got it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT