ADVERTISEMENT

Well, it's the morning after......

trademarcs

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2008
what do us armchair coaches think today? Our team wasn't prepared, at all. Looked to me like there was lack of adjustments during the game, the play calling was confusing at times, just all around bad. How can you not get up to play a 1-4 horn team? Seems like this is happening wayyyy too dam much the last few years. What cures these and other things long term?

This game was lost in the trenches. Plain and simple. I know there is alot of backlash against Mike and the defense. But myself, I put the games outcome on the shoulders of OUs OL.

The defense got pounded all day...I get that. But the defense still held Texas to 24 points and kept the abysmal offense in the game nearly till the end. And let's be honest, I think it's a big outcome with this defense being built to defend finesse spread offenses in the league. Texas yesterday just pounded up the middle all day and OU is maybe an bit undersized to shut that kind of approach down. Especially the LBs as they looked pretty soft yesterday.

But the OL really looked powerless, confused and overwhelmed the entire game. They did nothing to help Mixon or Perine get space or holes to run. And Baker was literally running for his life on 90%+ of the snaps he dropped back to pass. Baker really had a phenomenal effort yesterday in keeping alot of plays alive. And that last OU TD was fools gold. It was obvious Texas was much less aggressive defensively on that drive. Texas went aggressive again on OUs final possession and the result speaks for itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT