ADVERTISEMENT

VPO filed...

OUdrifter

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2001
Filed by a university of Oklahoma employee this afternoon. No more details yet.

Many VPO requests are denied by the courts. Hopefully that will be the case here. Either way it’s a spotlight we don’t need.

This will likely make for an embarrassing Heisman Award Show, especially if this VPO has any validity.
I hope it’s a bogus situation. I can’t believe a star player, who has overcome two major injuries, would be so reckless in putting his team in such a potentially bad situation.

I think there is a big difference with being charged with a crime and a protection order.

From what I have read Rodney has had no charges brought against him.

Hope it stays that way.
Don't want to jinx it, but quite often charges aren't filed immediately. Sometimes evidence is collected and then the DA office files the charges rather than the po-po.

Well ..... I don't think people ought to make any judgment before he is charged.

And second, they should wait until Jan. 10 to file any charges.

Can you imagine the media firestorm if this was delayed for the sake of allowing a football player to play in championship games. While I hope there is not much to this, it is best for it to come out quickly and deal with it appropriately.

Can you imagine the media firestorm if this was delayed for the sake of allowing a football player to play in championship games. While I hope there is not much to this, it is best for it to come out quickly and deal with it appropriately.

A natty along with some media persecution? Yes, please.
No natty along with some turmoil and indigestion? Barf.

Agree. If this is swept under the carpet to maintain Anderson's presence in the postseason, a media firestorm won't be undeserved.
Hopefully, it will have a good resolution for all concerned.

A natty along with some media persecution? Yes, please.
No natty along with some turmoil and indigestion? Barf.
You assume the team is built around this one player. I would suggest, even though he has been great, the team will adjust if need be and still perform at a high level.

Anderson's absence would be a huge loss, even with Adams and Sermon to fill in.....and we won't know anything else about this situation for another 13 days.

Before Anderson got the hot hand, we were doing fine on offense. He had very little production in the Ohio State game and we did just fine. Not saying he would not be missed, just saying the team will adjust.

It would be a loss, not a huge loss. I still think Adams can be a stud but the coaches lost trust in him after a big fumble and a couple of missed blocking assignments. Anderson got hot in the middle of the season and it was kind of hard to pull a guy who was just tearing it up like that. Maybe this situation turns out to be nothing, maybe I'm wrong. I'm definitely not going to lose any sleep over it. Our offense is not just built around one guy

Reactions: CalSooner
It would be a loss, not a huge loss. I still think Adams can be a stud but the coaches lost trust in him after a big fumble and a couple of missed blocking assignments. Anderson got hot in the middle of the season and it was kind of hard to pull a guy who was just tearing it up like that. Maybe this situation turns out to be nothing, maybe I'm wrong. I'm definitely not going to lose any sleep over it. Our offense is not just built around one guy
If OU losses a close game to either Georgia or the winner of the Alabama-Clemson game, it could be said that Anderson's absence was a key to OU's loss. As good as Adams and Sermon have been, Anderson is clearly superior.

OU will be fine if Anderson can't play. Adams doesn't have the power of Anderson or Sermon, but he has the most speed and shiftiness of the two. Sermon finally looks 100% healthy and is once again showing how hard it is to bring him down (looks like a typical Alabama back). We also have Sutton, although I think the game is still too fast for him right now as he seems to just run full speed blindfolded without seeing the entire field. Once the game slows down for him, he should be a force.

Another benefit is that this happened now and not days before the Georgia game so the players will get more reps if needed to be ready.

If OU losses a close game to either Georgia or the winner of the Alabama-Clemson game, it could be said that Anderson's absence was a key to OU's loss. As good as Adams and Sermon have been, Anderson is clearly superior.

If OU loses a close game, I'm sure fingers can be pointed to the defense, special teams, poor blocking up front, turnovers, etc.... OU has too many weapons on offense for this to affect them too much. The first few games, I felt Anderson was the 3rd best back, behind Adams and Sermon so hopefully if Anderson can't play, Adams and Sermon will step up.

If OU loses a close game, I'm sure fingers can be pointed to the defense, special teams, poor blocking up front, turnovers, etc.... OU has too many weapons on offense for this to affect them too much. The first few games, I felt Anderson was the 3rd best back, behind Adams and Sermon so hopefully if Anderson can't play, Adams and Sermon will step up.
Agree somewhat, but with OU, it's often the case where the offense bails out the defense.

Oh YES, it is, but his name is NOT Anderson! :p

Reactions: humblesooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT