ADVERTISEMENT

VPO filed...

I think given what has happened in the not so distant past when the news was posted that a few of us had knee jerk reactions to it. Like oh crap here we go again another OU player has effed up. Nothing wrong with that, people just get tired of hearing bad news. I hope he is innocent not because I want him to play but because I hate to see anyone screw up their life especially someone so young. For his sake I hope its not true.

I am doubtful that this gal acted independently in the incident. I believe said 'Friend' coached her up, and talked her into 'going for the gold'. IMO, they cooked up their story and ran with it...It is full of holes, needs tweaking, and new things are added/edited as they go along, remembering things, as needed or when convenient...

“Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Macbeth

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
And if any comments on here bother you, whatever you do don't read the comments on social media, he has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion already. One of the worst comments I saw yesterday was "OU has had enough players in trouble to field a Prison Football Squad."
Eff em all.

Well regardless of innocence or guilt, this IS bad news. In fact, this is the precise definition of bad news. Would anyone here claim this to be good news?
And why does it always have to be about judgement towards someone? Yeah he might be one of our players, but I don't know the guy. I don't have a vested interested in his future as cruel as that sounds, just like he couldn't give a squat about my future. I do have a vested interest in the University, and even if nothing comes of this, would anyone like to bet a dime to a dollar that it's still mentioned in some capacity through national media leading up to the game or during? And will that mention benefit our school?

Some of you are getting too sensitive about people stating their natural, reasonable and primal response.

This is only bad news because of social media. Back in the day no one would have ever known this happened and instead of getting a V.P.O. issued she'd have told him she was pregnant and tried to get him to marry her.

Because JC and to be very honest, I expect the University of Oklahoma to be better than what occurred w/ Frank Shannon. I can only hope that this was a one time eff up by OU and not something that will be standard operating procedure going forward. If so, I don't need nor want them in my world. I don't personally know Shannon or Anderson either, or their accusers. But I do know that this country has been built on a system of law & order and legal rights that are afforded by them. To have an accuser come forward w/ accusations that can not stand up legally and the accused still be punished is a wrong injustice that if not controlled can and will spread. I do not want any part of an organization that supports this type of behavoir solely because they take handouts from our Federal Government. I guess you could call it part of my primal belief system.

CGI capabilities are amazing these days. I bet OUSOONER67 can whip together a pretty realistic video of what went down that night. 67 - ball's in your court, dude.
JC...Be careful what you wish for...You realize you just waved a red flag in the face of OUr Artiste in Residence, dontcha? My $$ is on 67...He Talks the Talk, AND He Walks the Walk...He WILL Deliver!

WNAS - I'm totally with you on that. I agree the Shannon thing was mishandled by the University.

I get that an organization has the right to set rules outside of the criminal system and hold their members to it. However, I never saw what action Frank Shannon took (through proof of evidence) that showed he acted against the student code of conduct or even team rules. Barring proof of rape in the current case at hand, I don't see anything Rodney did going against those rules as well. Assuming the legal process is dropped, OU and the football team should not take action against Rodney IMO. (Taking home chicks from a bar is practically a rite of passage.)

But even if it goes down like that, I'm still of the belief that this is bad news. Bad news for the girl (raped? lose. false accusation? lose.), bad news for Rodney (rapist? lose. falsely accused of rape? lose.), and bad news for the University. They've either got a staffer with psychological issues or a player that's a rapist.

It's all good JC as each of us are going to always have different takes on the many differing topics. But to post something and then to question others take on it sometimes gets out of hand. I recognize that once the paste is out of the tube it's difficult to put it back in. But a football player that has some responsibility to getting us to a semi-national play off game has been accused of rape. I just think as football fans, we all owe him the benefit of the doubt. He's earned that. And to not pass judgement on him based on the past of others. He's innocent until proven guilty. On that.. I'm out.

And if any comments on here bother you, whatever you do don't read the comments on social media, he has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion already. One of the worst comments I saw yesterday was "OU has had enough players in trouble to field a Prison Football Squad."
Eff em all.
DITTO, DITTO. SCREW THEM

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Eff em all.
Yes indeed, imo we can hardly trust the news we watch today, but so many trust what they watch and read on social media? Amazes me, scares me actually.

I am doubtful that this gal acted independently in this. I believe said 'Friend' coached her up, and talked her into 'going for the gold'. IMO, they cooked up their story and ran with it...It is full of holes, needs tweaking, and new things are added/edited as they go along, remembering things, as needed or when convenient...

“Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Macbeth
I believe this action by Ms. Thornton will lose traction and Anderson plays in the Sugar Bowl. Everything I’ve read so far doesn’t seem to favor her story.

Only thing I have found is she is 23 and a white female. I have seen the name "Ms. Thornton" mentioned in most of the online stories but thats all. Was just curious if anyone knew her name.

Should we round up the dogs and light the torches ?

No but it isn't cool by me anyway that her name was redacted as the accuser but the accused remained identified. I'm sure hers was redacted to 'protect' her but yet the accused is hung out to dry. As stated by a few in this thread he's been found guilty in social media. And I believe even it this thread to a degree. I believe that both the accuser and the accused names should have been redacted and not identified until the investigation has taken place to such a level that charges are either dropped or the D.A. accepts the case and files charges.

Only thing I have found is she is 23 and a white female. I have seen the name "Ms. Thornton" mentioned in most of the online stories but thats all. Was just curious if anyone knew her name.
You can look her name up it’s public records . Wants she filed it because public knowledge. It will tell you everything.

I don't see anything creepy about wanting to find out who she is. She is accusing someone of a serious crime so why is her name redacted from the report? I am with WNAS, both names should have been redacted until the investigation has been completed. In one report I saw it had her name and address redacted but it had Rodney's name and address included, not right. In another report I saw online it had his address redacted but his name was still there.
I look up people all the time online, just a basic google search. The whole idea of facebook and social media is way beyond the creep factor, letting people you don't know see you and know what you are doing every minute of every day, how many times you went to the bathroom, what you had for dinner, where you went on vacation, kids photos plastered all over the place. Thats why I don't do it. If I ever did find her name I would not post it or try and smear her in any way. But if she made this story up she deserves what she gets. How many people have googled Anderson's name after the story came out? I am guessing thousands upon thousands.
I may be a lot of things but creepy is not one of them.

Should we round up the dogs and light the torches ?

Why would we do that? Good grief we know the name of the accused so what makes her so special that her name is not revealed? She filed a victim protective order against Rodney not the general public.

This sort of link is posted all over Facebook...IMO, she needs to be made as uncomfortable as her actions have made Rodney Anderson, Joe Blow, John Doe, or anyone who is put into the position that she has put Anderson. I'm not saying he is innocent, or guilty, or defending him, YET, but if her identity is 'protected', the 'other person's' ID should be, too...Since Rodney is being tried in the 'court of public opinion', that allows her to be, as well. Putting both names out there would help to level the playing field, and make for a fairer fight

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...nst-oklahomas-leading-rusher-rodney-anderson/

Last edited:
I saw one story where she said she was throwing up later and people all over social media were saying a date rape drug was probably used and it made her sick. Um I guess drinking all night as was stated in the report does not make people throw up? The crap some people will say without a shed of proof is unbelievable. If it is all a made up story by her it makes no difference now, his name has been smeared and this will follow him for a long time. If he did it he needs to be punished but to put only his name out there and not hers to be tried in the Court of Public Opinion is wrong.
Having the name of the accused released to the public would make me more fearful of something happening if that person is unstable. How does releasing his name to the public so he can be embarrased and ridiculed make one feel safer? I don't get it.

67 I should possibly have added "to ask her on a date" to my post. It was intended as satire for us old farts; no targets meant...

Ha ha, I didn't think you were calling me a creep at all. I didn't want people thinking I was a creep by asking if her name was released. Didn't want anyone to think I was ready with the pitchforks and torches:D
Afterall I am not a democrat. :p

This sort of link is posted all over Facebook...IMO, she needs to be made as uncomfortable as her actions have made Rodney Anderson, Joe Blow, John Doe, or anyone who is put into the position that she has put Anderson. I'm not saying he is innocent, or guilty, or defending him, YET, but if her identity is 'protected', the 'other person's' id should be, too...Since Rodney is being tried in the 'court of public opinion', that allows her to be, as well. Putting both names out there would help to level the playing field, and make for a fairer fight

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...nst-oklahomas-leading-rusher-rodney-anderson/
Anderson is truly being "tried in the court of public opinion" for sure, but so far, not here.

Intended as humor, 67.

Sorry, been sick since last Friday, better now but I think my medulla oblongata is still out of sorts as I have problems ciphering posts today. Maybe they should put warnings on cold meds, do not post on sports message boards while taking this drug. :D
Have not been out of the house in almost a week, I am stir crazy I guess. :confused:

Sorry, been sick since last Friday, better now but I think my medulla oblongata is still out of sorts as I have problems ciphering posts today. Maybe they should put warnings on cold meds, do not post on sports message boards while taking this drug. :D
Have not been out of the house in almost a week, I am stir crazy I guess. :confused:

I think taking drugs is a help when posting on these message boards.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Anderson passed a thorough lie detector test administered by a retired FBI agent today. Very credible evidence in his favor. Combine this with the text messages from the victim inviting him to several social events after the alleged “rape” and I can’t see how any judge would uphold the VPO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT