ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Notes...(UPDATE: 8:12p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 8:12p - A hoops note this evening via the Oklahomans Jacob Unruh ... Oklahoma HC Lon Kruger in the house checking out 2018 Midwest City Keshawn Embery.

https://twitter.com/jacobunruh/status/824076082995482624

UPDATE: 7:02p - Kerry Cooks
in-home with Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek 4-star WR Ryan Jones this evening, as @josh_m reported this afternoon.

UPDATE: 5:36p - Mike Stoops
with K'jakyre Daley, again.

UPDATE: 5:23p -
Oklahoma has offered 2018 Washington DC HD Woodson running back Mychale Salahuddin

UPDATE: 4:00p -
Just a heads up from the team side of things. We have been told Parrish Cobb's status with the team remains unchanged even though he has been removed from the roster. He is suspended indefinitely.

UPDATE: 12:31p -
And now Tommie Harris is in on the act for Marvin Wilson.

UPDATE: 11:38a -
Even former Sooners All-American Gerald McCoy is playing the recruiting game. Again, OU is doing everything they can to entice Marvin Wilson.

UPDATE: 11:35a -
I've been told that Oklahoma is considering bringing in Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek four-star receiver Ryan Jones.

Now I think it is their intention to bring him in but he has academic questions as well as a few of the off of the field variety - nothing legal to my understanding. So I think there are some things being researched and I'm expecting Oklahoma to be by and see him today or tomorrow to check those boxes.

For those wondering, should Jones be brought in and signed he would be brought in as an athlete. The idea would be either for safety or wide receiver, kind of dependent on where he best fits.

We'll see what happens but I'm guessing he'll at least come in - and then further evaluate actually signing him.

ORIGINAL:
Guys, as I referenced in some posts in the Monday Notes thread (and a few other places) I had a chance to speak, to a small degree, to Jacob Phillips on Monday afternoon and thought I'd offer a little input on what he gave me...

First, I wouldn't call any of it overly quotable, it was kind of abrupt and you can tell he just isn't wanting to say too much at this point.

But I don't think there can be any doubt that right now he, as @RivalsWoody alluded to in his post last night, is torn on his future. I think he really liked his trip to LSU and honestly is a bit surprised he is having to consider this. Again, speaking to Jacob a lot last week he was so passive about the meaning of the LSU visit that I just got a strong impression it was a visit to appease some around him that wanted him to take a look and I think some of those were the ones giving the impression, at large, that his flip to LSU was coming.

Now though I think the Tigers absolutely gave him something to think about but I think the more time goes by and he speaks with both the Oklahoma commitments as well as having time to think about his relationship with the Oklahoma coaching staff, particularly Tim Kish, that it is pulling him back from the cliff, at least a little.

I know there had been reports out that he would announce his plans yesterday but in his words 'I had thought about that, but I'm not ready'. What that means as an advantage to either LSU or Oklahoma, I'm honestly not sure.

I have been told that he has largely gone quiet with most everyone on both sides so I don't know that the idea that he hasn't talked much, if at all, with Oklahoma since his return is a huge issue. I think he is just taking some time to himself to think things out.

One thing that I can say is that the plan is for him to currently host Oklahoma's staff on Friday. If Oklahoma gets to make that in-home, I think the tide starts moving dramatically in their favor.

Of course, we'll keep tracking this until it comes to one conclusion or another...

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News