ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Phillips Monday Update from Woody

RivalsWoody

Jul 11, 2012
This is the identical post I put on the LSU board, so we don't have to start any threads asking about what was posted over there, etc.

By all accounts, five-star LSU linebacker target Jacob Phillips and his family had a great time on their extended unofficial visit to LSU over the weekend. Phillips returned home Sunday night and is now mulling over sticking with Oklahoma or flipping to the Tigers.

LSU pitched the number of highly-ranked defensive linemen currently on the roster as well the guys coming in and sold that to Phillips as something that will make his life as middle linebacker easier at the next level.

I can tell you that Phillips is genuinely torn at this moment. The visit went better than even he expected, which is saying something considering that he's already taken five official visits. The fact that he is mulling at all could be seen as a good sign for the Tigers, especially since he's been committed to Oklahoma for so long. Of course Oklahoma fans could view it the same way, since he didn't decide to flip while on the trip.

Either way I don't expect this to play out much longer, with a resolution likely coming by the end of the week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.