ADVERTISEMENT

The only XII two time conference defensive player of the week?

Well, you're quite the gentleman...
Yes... Leo Fender was quite the perv...
Damn...I love boobs...they rock!:D

"Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pvssy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here". Hoo-ah!

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
BIlly, you stir it up all the time with any reasonable poster here, and join in frequently with those who bash coaches just because. You are more friendly here, to things Longhorn than things Sooner. And Fitty doesn't have cross words with anybody else around here, who is a thoughtful poster. And usually not with those not so thoughtful.

You're a bad guy rassler. You may have even taught Yankees how. Fitty is a poster who appeals to guys on both sides of the coach bashing debate. Just about everybody likes him... except you, apparently.
Well I should have known you would go with your usual route of bringing up coach bashing. Which is exactly what you do anyways when you bash people on here who criticized past coaches whom Bob fired. But just keep ignoring that.

And your last sentence really proves you have zero clue as to what is happening around here. I've never had a problem with fitty....it's fitty who has has a problem with me.
See Plaino....that's why it's not on me to explain it...that's something he needs to deal with and explain.

Very possible that since fortworth isn't allied to any one particular side, he is able to see the disfunctional elements for what they are. His view or opinion on what he has seen transpired on this board isn't clouded by an allegiance for any particular side.

Speaking of fortworth, is his post and commentary about the board the past few weeks still up? I couldn't find it, but then again, I don't even remember where & when it was posted. And... admittedly, haven't really looked for it but for a couple of miutes.

Its not a coincidence that things started getting out of hand when a couple of posters started posting again. I also agree that we don't need a mod. They tend to only make things worse if thats even possible right now

Reactions: BillyRay
I don't have a dog in this hunt but I read a lot of the other free OU football boards (Landthieves, OUScout, FootballBrainiacs etc. ) but I only post on this one. I've seen it many times on these other boards where they actually make fun of SoonerScoop posters because this board is known as the wussy, blindly allegiance to all Coaches and players do nothing wrong and are the best at everything etc. etc. I've actually seen a scoop poster from this board's name brought up on the other boards before making fun of them for blindly thinking he is a know it all and thinking Stoops never makes a poor decision ever. ( I think this was after the OSU game last year and Stoops decided to re punt and our fellow Scoop poster was defending Stoops for the decision).

Like I'm saying I'm not going to comment on this thread or about this subject again but this is the perception of the SoonerScoop posters and this board as 100% sunshine pumping 100% of the time. I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing either but I would hope that people could debate everything OU football and have differing opinions without going all personal and wanting to whip somebody's butt or meet in person and I'll show you a debate or post personal information on someone on this board. That is ridiculous and that person should be banned for life if they post personal information no matter how long they have been posting. I also thought profanity was against the rules? I guess not. A wise mature person once told me that when someone resorts to profanity it almost always means they feel inferior to the other person or the situation they are in and have no answers for their actions but to get angry and use profanity or obscenities.

Got rings an excellent post ...wow. Yes profanity is breaking a board rule but it is done excessively and usually in a time of desperation when one poster feeling he is coming out on the losing end of a discussion. And yes yes yes on your comment on other message boards. I post on a couple of other boards and over the years they badly make fun of sooner scoop free board.

And yes yes yes on your comment on other message boards. I post on a couple of other boards and over the years they badly make fun of sooner scoop free board.

So basically, are you guys saying that having a message board with broad-ranging opinions is a bad thing? Because we all have opinions here from one extreme to the other with all points in between.

You seem disappointed that all of us here are not a cookie-cutter carbon copy version of the other boards that you so love. If that is what you want, just to be around negative Sooner fans that have nothing good to say, then you owe it to yourselves to go be with those type of people and be happy in life. Really.

When did it become a bad thing to support a team win or lose? Is that what you guys learned in school or from MTV growing up or from your folks? That when the going gets tough, abandon the team? When did that happen? And why are you ashamed of the supportive members on SoonerScoop?

22 I don' think any of us has any issues with someone stating their opinion. However, when we state ours then we usually get attacked for it. Its kinda like liberals believing in free speech only when they agree with it.

So basically, are you guys saying that having a message board with broad-ranging opinions is a bad thing? Because we all have opinions here from one extreme to the other with all points in between.

You seem disappointed that all of us here are not a cookie-cutter carbon copy version of the other boards that you so love. If that is what you want, just to be around negative Sooner fans that have nothing good to say, then you owe it to yourselves to go be with those type of people and be happy in life. Really.

When did it become a bad thing to support a team win or lose? Is that what you guys learned in school or from MTV growing up or from your folks? That when the going gets tough, abandon the team? When did that happen? And why are you ashamed of the supportive members on SoonerScoop?
I will say that I couldn't care less what other message boards think of Scoop. They are on another site so that ole saying of "out of sight,out of mind" applies for me.

I like the group of posters we have on this site. I don't agree with everyone and I am quite aware that not everyone agrees with me. And I'm fine and comfortable with that.

But some on here seem to think anyone who disagrees with their own view is somehow stupid or ignorant. And I really don't understand that.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
What br said 22...its okay to be supportive and we should be. However some get butthurt if you say the least little thing about a coach or a player. No one is always gonna agree, however when one has a different opinion they shouldn't be attacked. This is partly the reason outside boards make fun of this board

That would be Zack Sanchez.

And yes, I thought before posting. He'll likely be a second team All American.

Yet there are those here, who consider him ordinary. Mostly, ordinary posters.
One of the best cover corners in the country when healthy, needs to bulk up so he can give punishment and tackle aggressively

I agree soonerborn, he definitely struggles tackling. If he wants to have success at the next level he will need to get bigger

He also needs to quit getting fooled when a receiver runs a double move. It happened against Kstate and we got lucky because the ball was overthrown.

Sanchez would not be the first "great" cover corner at OU to get beat by double moves or being overly aggressive. Derrick Strait was regularly exploited and we have all watched opposing staffs exploit our aggressiveness at jumping routes...see Boise State. Having said all this I still believe the best corners are "have no fear" aggressive and that is what I love about Sanchez. It would be nice if he were bigger and stronger but he has no fearm

Has everything to do with it. Its these few posters that are way more concerned with arguing than talking football in a civil manner. Its the reason this board is going down hill again

You are so full of it. Your idea of talking football is trashing the coaches. We won 55-0 last week, and where is your praise for anybody? No details about what happened, because it's not your forte.

If you want to talk football, go for it. I'd trade info with you any time. But if you are going to blame BStoops or MStoops for any bad thing that happens, or defend the idiot when he decides to bash the two time conference defensive player of the week, then you deserve what you bring on. And it's not like I'm the only guy here who thinks that.

I consider it terrible uncivil to come here and trash the most important people in the program. And uncivility gets matched with uncivility.

But if you want to talk in civility, and truly mean it, I'll be happy to.

Plaino where did barking trash the coaches. I'm not saying he didn't, but if you can't come up with anything I'm going to take it as you lying. Your reputation is you like to whine a lot and if anyone disagrees with you then you resort to name calling( look no further than your latest post)

I will say that I couldn't care less what other message boards think of Scoop. They are on another site so that ole saying of "out of sight,out of mind" applies for me.

I like the group of posters we have on this site. I don't agree with everyone and I am quite aware that not everyone agrees with me. And I'm fine and comfortable with that.

But some on here seem to think anyone who disagrees with their own view is somehow stupid or ignorant. And I really don't understand that.

That's because you're stupid and ignorant. If you weren't, you'd understand. ;)

What br said 22...its okay to be supportive and we should be. However some get butthurt if you say the least little thing about a coach or a player. No one is always gonna agree, however when one has a different opinion they shouldn't be attacked. This is partly the reason outside boards make fun of this board

Other boards are making fun of this board????? That simply will not do. NO ONE MAKES FUN OF OUR BOARD!!! It's time for action men!! Let's swarm these other boards and attack these posters!!!!!

yank, as usual, you appear to have all the facts related to this near criminal activity. Give us board names, poster names, and if you can IP addresses of these scoundrels and scallywags!!! We'll make them wish Al Gore had never been born....much less invented the InterWeb!!!! To arms, to arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanchez would not be the first "great" cover corner at OU to get beat by double moves or being overly aggressive. Derrick Strait was regularly exploited and we have all watched opposing staffs exploit our aggressiveness at jumping routes...see Boise State. Having said all this I still believe the best corners are "have no fear" aggressive and that is what I love about Sanchez. It would be nice if he were bigger and stronger but he has no fearm

It's always good to see more fans on this board post that have a semblance of knowledge and at least realistic observational experience with the game of football. CB is not a position of "perfect".

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Has everything to do with it. Its these few posters that are way more concerned with arguing than talking football in a civil manner. Its the reason this board is going down hill again

I understand there are other boards where the posters make fun of this board. Here's hoping you don't become a Benedick Arnold and join them. SoonerScoop Solidarity!!!!

Plaino where did barking trash the coaches. I'm not saying he didn't, but if you can't come up with anything I'm going to take it as you lying. My opinion is that you have a reputation that you tend to whine a lot and if anyone disagrees with you then you resort to name calling( look no further than your latest post)

Perhaps the first "fixed it for you" in the history of message boards that didn't demean the original poster. I'm so proud of myself.

Other boards are making fun of this board????? That simply will not do. NO ONE MAKES FUN OF OUR BOARD!!! It's time for action men!! Let's swarm these other boards and attack these posters!!!!!

yank, as usual, you appear to have all the facts related to this near criminal activity. Give us board names, poster names, and if you can IP addresses of these scoundrels and scallywags!!! We'll make them wish Al Gore had never been born....much less invented the InterWeb!!!! To arms, to arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is it two arms to arms too !!!!! ????

You are so full of it. Your idea of talking football is trashing the coaches. We won 55-0 last week, and where is your praise for anybody? No details about what happened, because it's not your forte.

If you want to talk football, go for it. I'd trade info with you any time. But if you are going to blame BStoops or MStoops for any bad thing that happens, or defend the idiot when he decides to bash the two time conference defensive player of the week, then you deserve what you bring on. And it's not like I'm the only guy here who thinks that.

I consider it terrible uncivil to come here and trash the most important people in the program. And uncivility gets matched with uncivility.

But if you want to talk in civility, and truly mean it, I'll be happy to.

Click.... poof.

Slowly but surely the board is coming together just right!

Awww...Tulsan makes posts like this so often, clearly it's just his own way of letting them know he really, really loves them. ;)

I try to jump on any opportunity to show off my use of wit and sometimes sarcastic sense of humor. I'm glad you "get it"...most of the time. ;)

Plaino where did barking trash the coaches. I'm not saying he didn't, but if you can't come up with anything I'm going to take it as you lying. Your reputation is you like to whine a lot and if anyone disagrees with you then you resort to name calling( look no further than your latest post)

The only people who accuse me of whining, are those of you who want the freedom to trash anybody in leadership in the program without anyone calling it out for the foolishness that it is. It is the real whining. "I expect an undefeated season, this and every year. I'm entitled to it. And if I don't get it, I will take out my anger on whomever I think is responsible."

But for you, the opposition to that is somehow whining. And if BW or anybody else comes to the stout defense of you whiners when you're bashing coaches, then that is the same thing.

Again, if you want to talk about why some play worked, or didn't ... who missed a block. Who didn't run the right route, who missed a tackle, than that would be talking football. Blasting coaches for their incompetence isn't talking football. It's whining, because the whiner has no specific evidence of the fault, only the impression that if a player didn't get his job done, that it's the fault of coaches. And that's nonsense.

The only people who accuse me of whining, are those of you who want the freedom to trash anybody in leadership in the program without anyone calling it out for the foolishness that it is. It is the real whining. "I expect an undefeated season, this and every year. I'm entitled to it. And if I don't get it, I will take out my anger on whomever I think is responsible."

But for you, the opposition to that is somehow whining. And if BW or anybody else comes to the stout defense of you whiners when you're bashing coaches, then that is the same thing.

Again, if you want to talk about why some play worked, or didn't ... who missed a block. Who didn't run the right route, who missed a tackle, than that would be talking football. Blasting coaches for their incompetence isn't talking football. It's whining, because the whiner has no specific evidence of the fault, only the impression that if a player didn't get his job done, that it's the fault of coaches. And that's nonsense.
Plaino once again your are either lying or severely overstating what has been sad. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has said they expect an undefeated season every year. What we do expect is not to have a complete meltdown at least once a season to an inferior team. Sure, the players need to be more focused during those games but the coaches bare some level of responsibility as well. No other business pays someone 5.5 mil per year and doesn't hold them accountable and Stoops should be no different. Actually, its this kinda attitude that would really make me question someone's knowledge of sports. I've been involved in athletics basically all my life and I know coaching does make a difference. It may not make that difference to managers and water boys but the players realize its important.

Plaino just like I figured, you were lying. I asked for an example in which you failed to do so. In the future if you make an accusation be prepared to back it up. If not, you will exposed yet again. Think before you post

The only people who accuse me of whining, are those of you who want the freedom to trash anybody in leadership in the program without anyone calling it out for the foolishness that it is.

Well boo-hoo Plaino. You've been crying about this point for years. Which by the way, the past few years when people questioned coaches, those posters ended up being 100% right on the money. Pretty much every coach that came under fire on this board are gone. Bob sent them all packing, save BrentV, who left on his own accord. So don't come on here pounding your chest about this, when in fact, the past few years show you have been on the complete wrong side of this argument. And just out of curiosity...do you put the hiring of Kittles as a home run move by Bob?? Cuz ya know..that was one of those moves Bob made that really put this program in a hole. Or, do you put the Kittles hire on players not making plays as well??

It reminds me of another point you use to endlessly cry about. The point you accused of posters being stupid or ignorant when putting blame on players, and how in your mind, it negatively affected recruiting. Everyone knew your stance was complete garbage, but you were on here every day hammering away at everyone with it. Well....until someone asked JoshM over on the pay board about it, and JoshM pretty cut your knees out from under you when he said he had never once gotten the impression that what is said on message boards affect recruiting decisions....AT ALL!!! But now it's funny, you regularly put blame on players these days after losses, seemingly to insulate coaches of any and all responsibility.

I mean your man-crush on Stoops is to the point, that in the thread over on the pay board about giving respect to Bill Snyder over his letter apologizing about the brutal loss to OU, you actually cried about people respecting Snyder for doing that instead of man-crushing over Bob after such a lopsided loss. It's as if the entire premise of the thread went right over your head. It's incredible that your feeble emotions can't allow you to give credit or respect to any other coach, since apparently it must make you feel as if you are "cheating" on your loyalty to Bob Stoops.

And it's funny that your defense of posters who question coaches has for the most part, been relegated to this free board alone recently. You use to do it on the pay board. I know...I saw those threads. I also saw the royal and epic beatdowns you took over there. Those beatdowns you endured over there must be recorded someplace as some of the most complete and thorough "OWNING" in internet history. So I'm assuming the reason you have retreated from that board and taken refuge here with your argument is simple....it's "the path of least resistance" since there are far fewer posters here and the likelihood of you being royally owned for it are reduced. But in the end, your point is as flawed as ever.

See Plaino...the difference between me and you is I can give credit to coaches, and I can also questions coaches. And results on the field dictate which direction I take. See, I can remain open minded like that. But I refuse to become a closed-minded individual like yourself and refuse to hold a section of the football program responsible, irregardless of what happens on the field or during the season. Shortcomings on the field aren't always the fault of coaches, but in the end the coaches shoulder the responsibility. Plaino, you consistently appear to have trouble distinguishing between those 2 things.

I've heard from a buddy or two that plaino has been on the receiving end of some beat downs on the pay board.... But that was months ago. Plaino is knowledgeable, I have no doubt. However his way of thinking when it comes to coaches and/or the program is almost comical....he wants everyone to believe his way and if you don't be prepared for him changing the subject or name calling

Plaino is knowledgeable, I have no doubt.

Oh there is no doubt Plaino is extremely knowledgeable. I have a ton of respect for his ability to breakdown games and such. He can pick out things in a game that I can't. I'm not discounting that one bit, and I enjoy reading Plaino's input and thoughts on games and the program. But just because he is extremely knowledgeable doesn't mean every one of his opinions are infallible. Me and Plaino disagree immensely on things from time to time, but I don't let that take away from me recognizing that he is a great Sooner and a great poster.

Reactions: Oklabama
I see we still haven't addressed Tic Toc's reply filled with Spankee's trashing of Sanchez?

Tell me again who's dishonest and a liar?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT