ADVERTISEMENT

The only XII two time conference defensive player of the week?

U mean posters think he is only above average but not elite? My offer is still out there plaino. Good for Sanchez, but I doubt we will get a wr playing qb every week

Is their an award for Most picked on cb as well? He would have won that too. Listen that's great he won this, however you cant only discuss when he does good and ignore when he gets torched. Fair enough?

Yankee is proving the point I made about him in the Landry thread. He would rather see a Sooner player that he constantly criticizes fail and Yankee be correct than to see that player do well and Yankee look dumb. Thats pathetic that a Sooner fan could actually be that way. Yankee's pride comes first. When he is wrong, and that happens a lot, he gets very angry. How weird.

Why does Zachary getting some praise bother you so much? I mean really you always get a horse and beat it to death. Then you get a new one to beat. How many times do you think you need to remind us? Your opinion about Zack is ingrained in my mind. I new you would get hooked by Plano's post. Who in the devil is in who's head so bad? Get a grip man.

Another ignorant post on your part...didn't you learn your lesson yesterday? I guess not. I love seeing Sanchez do well. The better he plays the better chance we have at winning games especially when tcu comes to town and we visit Waco. However I won't ignore the fact that he gets picked on and absolutely torched at times

Moses did I mention Sanchez today or make a topic about him with the mention of how posters feel ? Nope I didn't. Please think before you post. What's cute is you guys make it sound like I say he sucks or that he is total trash lol. Does me saying a guy is pretty good but not elite or great bother posters that bad? Good grief, quit acting like a bunch of sensitive women. You have your opinion, I have mine

U mean posters think he is only above average but not elite? My offer is still out there plaino. Good for Sanchez, but I doubt we will get a wr playing qb every week

You didn't say he was ordinary. You said he was worse than that. Repeatedly. Then like a bad guy rassler, came back with your hands raised, and said, "no no no, never said that." Two conference defensive player of the week honors is dang close to elite. Surely closer to that, than whatever view you're lying about today. And yet you're the only guy I see here, who consistently calls other posters a liar.

And then your little coffee klatch comes out of the woodwork to defend you. No he never said that. But you did, over and over again. I've already quoted you elsewhere; shouldn't need to again. But then, you really do lie a lot.

Plaino what I said was (after being burnt) was Sanchez bad as usual. Shortly after I said I should have said another bad PLAY by sanchez. So you are telling me you never worded anything the wrong way on here ? Lol of course you have u just never admit it. As I've stated, you will make a great politician. You want to throw the label great and elite around so easy, I don't. I leave those labels for special players. Peterson, Strait, boz, etc. My offer is still on the table, if he is elite as you say you have nothing to worry about right?

Here is what I wrote on the WVU board before we played them:

OU has a young corner who is really good. When he plays, we can put two guys on an island and let the rest of the defense really get after you. Unfortunately, he has been suspended twice in three games.

Here is your response:

From an Oklahoma fan, we don't have a corner who is really good, that is a false statement. We have a guy who " could " be good but at this point in his career he is average at best.

You must have gotten lucky. The lies you told over the weekend have apparently been erased. I can't seem to find the game thread, when you said lousy things about Sanchez. I guess one of your buddies is a secret mod.

Your consistent posting about Sanchez is that you view his as average at best. He's a heck of a lot better than that. And most times, when I say about how many great plays he's made, your reply is to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, followed by, think before you post. The problem is your expectations. Guys don't make every play. Sometimes, the other guys are pretty good too.

Ok, ok, ok. Let's just put the quote up for everyone to read on their own, then we'll sit back and watch the crawfishin' you do from this:

Yankees03, Sept 29, 2015
From an Oklahoma fan, we don't have a corner who is really good, that is a false statement. We have a guy who " could " be good but at this point in his career he is average at best. Sanchez is probably our best guy but has struggled mightily at times.

Maybe I'm too ign'rnt to read well, but in my mind, "average at best" means that someone is below average, and if you were to give them the benefit of the doubt, then maybe, just maybe you'd consider them average.

The darn thing about the Internet is that what we say is etched into the annals of time.

And then from the same thread where Plaino posted his opinion that you took exception towards, claiming that Plaino called Sanchez an "elite" cornerback, here is what Plaino actually said:

Plainosooner, Sept 29, 2015
But it is a great defense, potentially if Thomas is out there with Sanchez who is close to great college corner.

But I'll just sit back and enjoy watching you question everybody else's reading comprehension skills.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Exactly... Good grief! Read what you just posted. That was about Thomas hahahahaha. Sanchez hadn't been suspended. I'll wait for your apology or at least admit you were wrong

That was about Jordan Thomas ha-ha. I can't stop laughing at this. Good job guys, you might need help getting the foot out of your mouth

Really... Read that one more time, sloooowly.

Sanchez who is close to great college corner.

If the comment was about Thomas, then I read that as, "We have a guy that could be good (Thomas), but right now he's just average." That implies that Sanchez can't even be good.... ever.

The first part of the post is about Thomas....you know the guy who plaino even mentioned was suspended (there is the proof)....then Sanchez was mentioned by me as our best corner but struggles at times.

I absolutely consider him great. I've never read anyone claim him to be elite.
You don't set (positive) records of any kind in a 100+ year history sport on a historically vaunted team. Sanchez with 3 pick 6s in his career. First Sooner ever to record INTs in 5 straight games.
He's a ball-hawk. Perhaps the best ever ball-hawk at the University of Oklahoma. Like Plaino said, he's only seen a couple of defensive backs that could cover like Deion Sanders and tackle like Roy Williams. Just because you can't do both doesn't mean you can't be great. We're talking about great college corners here, not great NFL corners.

I consider any college player that is drafted to be a great college player.

On average, 20 college cornerbacks are drafted each year.
There are 128 Div 1A football teams. That's 256 starting cornerbacks. If the average class of those backs is junior/senior, then you have about 20/128 starting college cornerbacks being drafted.
That's 15% of college cornerbacks will be drafted. I'd say the top 15% of just about anything is great.
Do you think Sanchez will be drafted, or will he have to be a FA?

On other occasions plaino has called him elite...even went so far to say he has been our best corner in a long long time at Ou. Elite corners get drafted very high....true or false?

Better yet, do great corners get picked on? By say a mid major team? Yes or no. Or do they usually throw away from great corners?

Ya know..Sanchez is one of those aggressive type CBs that you live and/or die by. Against KSU he had a bigtime game. No denying that. But there were a couple of times in the game he was beaten BADLY, and thanks to KSU having an awful QB, those throws weren't converted into easy TDs. Do the same against TCU or Baylor or maybe even OSU, and those teams will put points on the board in those situations.

But really...what's the point with the OP in pretty much using this thread to stir the pot again?? I said it once, and I'll say it again...DRAMA QUEENS ON THIS BOARD!!!

Billyray what's actually happened here is a grown man got his feelings hurt by what I posted on another board. Weeks ago and it still has his bottom lip stuck out. Get over it plaino

I think picked on is an objective statement. I don't know your criteria. I would suggest that there haven't been many corners that weren't thrown at ever.
Our secondary was horrible a year ago. Our safeties couldn't cover anything. When you switch to a man coverage defense with little to no help over the top, most OCs would probably take their shots at Deion Sanders as well. You don't expect corners in man coverage to get too many INTs no matter who they are. You'd hope your receiver could at least break it up, so you take your shots in man coverage.
I'd say the defensive scheme determines that opposition takes its shots at Sanchez, and I think our coaches are happy with that scenario knowing that they have a GREAT corner that will take some "shots" but will eventually deliver the poison.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Well jcon that's your opinion. That's fine...a former d1 player made several references that a team was flat out picking on Sanchez...and they were. I don't expect perfection, but I'm not as quick as you or others to throw around the great label. Thank you for being civil

I absolutely consider him great. I've never read anyone claim him to be elite.
You don't set (positive) records of any kind in a 100+ year history sport on a historically vaunted team. Sanchez with 3 pick 6s in his career. First Sooner ever to record INTs in 5 straight games.
He's a ball-hawk. Perhaps the best ever ball-hawk at the University of Oklahoma. Like Plaino said, he's only seen a couple of defensive backs that could cover like Deion Sanders and tackle like Roy Williams. Just because you can't do both doesn't mean you can't be great. We're talking about great college corners here, not great NFL corners.

I consider any college player that is drafted to be a great college player.

On average, 20 college cornerbacks are drafted each year.
There are 128 Div 1A football teams. That's 256 starting cornerbacks. If the average class of those backs is junior/senior, then you have about 20/128 starting college cornerbacks being drafted.
That's 15% of college cornerbacks will be drafted. I'd say the top 15% of just about anything is great.
Do you think Sanchez will be drafted, or will he have to be a FA?
Sanchez wouldn't even be starting on many of the 80's teams.

You didn't say he was ordinary. You said he was worse than that. Repeatedly. Then like a bad guy rassler, came back with your hands raised, and said, "no no no, never said that." Two conference defensive player of the week honors is dang close to elite. Surely closer to that, than whatever view you're lying about today. And yet you're the only guy I see here, who consistently calls other posters a liar.

And then your little coffee klatch comes out of the woodwork to defend you. No he never said that. But you did, over and over again. I've already quoted you elsewhere; shouldn't need to again. But then, you really do lie a lot.
Plaino you are becoming worse than Bull when it comes to flat out lying. Another Christian trait that I guess you ignore

Still lying and denying.

You've been thoroughly exposed...again. But you're to stupid and/or to proud to drop it and move on.

Even if you're not the complete bumbling dunderhead that you present yourself as here, you are still in no position to try and battle wits with Plaino. It's why you always have to restort to lying and back peddaling.

If you're just a glutton for punishment, I have no sympathy, but if you're genuinely a borderline mental retard, well then I apologize.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Bcs there is a reason plaino stopped posting almost an hour ago...he was wrong. He assumed I was describing Sanchez, but it was Thomas. That's fine that it was a miscommunication on his part, I just wish he would have showed back up and said " hey my fault "....oh well

I don't give two shits what you're lying about with regards to Plaino. I caught you lying red handed in Saturday's game thread. And when I quoted you and called you out on it, you immediately started back peddaling like a lil bitch.

Against a guy like Plaino, you're in over your head. But again, you're to stupid or to arrogant to step away.

I would genuinely love to see you take up dfw's offer and meet for a face to face debate, and see if that pompous attitude holds out from behind the keyboard. Hell I'm free Saturday. I can make to Norman to tailgate, drink some beer, and put my opinions to test. I think he said O'Connells?

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Yep. One side states why they feel a certain way, the other side resorts to threats, name calling or completely disappearing. They are quickly becoming known as " the drama queens"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT