ADVERTISEMENT

Rattler is done

Mayfield
Guys, it's in everyone's best interest to calm down. We need Spencer to stay for the rest of the year. He will grow and mature and start to make better decisions. I was at the game and saw the change in our team when we made the change. Our coaches saw that as well. I am sure our coaches read these messages. They will take that input and discuss it. Remember things were easy for him in HS.HE is not been in a situation like this. He has a lot on his mind. Give him some space and see what happens.

Whats being said here is tame compared to whats being said on Social Media like youtube, twitter and facebook. If they are reading or seeing anything its likely they are seeing it on twitter and facebook. And a lot of negative things were being said about SR by other fan bases on Social Media way before the game last Sat.
They don't have to read anything, they could see what the rest of us have all season what was going on and also what happened last Sat when SR was benched.

This was sent to me by a friend.

Kirk Herbstret just on TV said his sources say SR is leaving to train for NFL.

BTW if true then quitting his team because things arent going right for him tells me a lot about his character.
Exactly. So instead of fighting back, he runs away and leaves OU without a solid backup just solidifies that all the rumors are true. Obviously, it would mean that Rattler puts himself above the team. If he really quits he will live to regret it. For his sake, I hope Kirk is wrong.

Is that right? I didn't see it but I sure hope Caleb donned the golden hat proud. 😁
iDR7bTO.jpeg

Reactions: iasooner2000
"Dealership That Gave Spencer Rattler Two Cars Responds To Benching" https://brobible.com/sports/article/oklahoma-spencer-rattler-nli-car-dealership/

Nothing much said there interesting if you don't want to read. It's kinda click bait.

What I can say though is that I worked at Fowler as a shop boy my freshman year, and they were some fools from the top down.

I got hazed pretty good there. Washing all 100+ cars on the lot EVERY morning. Driving home old ladies that had pooped in their diapers.... In the summer, when it would have been rude to roll down the windows. And cleaning all of the salesman's trashed loaner vehicles from them pranking each other, including cleaning out dead birds.

Seeing the Fowler name brought back a lot of "fond" memories.

But isn’t Rattler a team captain? I’m thinking he is. Just because he was butt hurt doesn’t excuse him for leaving the field like he did. It wasn’t his first rodeo.

If he left the field early, why is he in the photo above where CW is wearing the golden hat?

If he left the field early, why is he in the photo above where CW is wearing the golden hat?
I think I have seen video of him exiting the field by himself but recognize there are plenty of good reasons for that to have occured.

Reactions: newnasty
I think I have seen video of him exiting the field by himself but recognize there are plenty of good reasons for that to have occured.
Go back and take a good, close look at that video. Although he is early to the locker room, the other players in the background are starting to exit the field. This was after the team celebration. There are numerous people who are trying to slam this kid and manufacture controversy where none exists.

Go back and take a good, close look at that video. Although he is early to the locker room, the other players in the background are starting to exit the field. This was after the team celebration. There are numerous people who are trying to slam this kid and manufacture controversy where none exists.
The quarterback that is projected to go 1.1 in next year's draft, the Heisman favorite, who was given two new cars and signs a six figure NIL deal with a national chain is pulled for the second year in a row at the OU/Texas game and the true freshman replacement leads a comeback for the ages...

And the fearless leader of a head coach won't let the media talk to either player after the game, is scooped by some 20 year old writer for the college newspaper that Caleb was getting reps with the first team, and LR gets so butthurt that he cancels all media access for the rest of the week, and he still will not confirm who the starting quarterback is.

You are right, no controversy here??? LR thinks he limited the controversy and all he did was pour gas on it...the coach failed this test. Finally, I did not slam SR, I was screaming at the television to put Caleb in. But if college players start accepting cars and six figures I believe they are open to being slammed.

I agree w/ the leaving early sentiments etc, but there is indeed a QB controversy in Norman.

The quarterback that is projected to go 1.1 in next year's draft, the Heisman favorite, who was given two new cars and signs a six figure NIL deal with a national chain is pulled for the second year in a row at the OU/Texas game and the true freshman replacement leads a comeback for the ages...

And the fearless leader of a head coach won't let the media talk to either player after the game, is scooped by some 20 year old writer for the college newspaper that Caleb was getting reps with the first team, and LR gets so butthurt that he cancels all media access for the rest of the week, and he still will not confirm who the starting quarterback is.

You are right, no controversy here??? LR thinks he limited the controversy and all he did was pour gas on it...the coach failed this test. Finally, I did not slam SR, I was screaming at the television to put Caleb in. But if college players start accepting cars and six figures I believe they are open to being slammed.

There is reason to fault Rattler's play on the field & how he handles himself on campus too but that's where it should end. Faulting him for his NIL deals is wrong on many levels. If people and business trip over themseleves to pay him then he's entitled to it. That's College Football in 2021. And CFB fans best better get used to the NIL deals. Either that or walk away from College Football because NIL deals are here to stay. So if you don't like Rattler because he got some marketing deals then you don't like him for the wrong reasons.

As far Riley not allowing CW talk w/ the media, well OU's policy has been no freshmen available to the mdeia for many years. With the change of the NIL rules, that policy may need to be reviewed as it come limit the amount of $$$ a freshman to make. With regards to Rattler not made available, I think it's probably the best. Riley also has a right and need to protect his players. All of us saw what happened. We don't need an interview that just continues the beat down on the guy.

Finally, it wasn't Riley that cancelled the media access. It was above him. Some say from Joe C.

Reactions: soonersoldier
There is reason to fault Rattler's play on the field & how he handles himself on campus too but that's where it should end. Faulting him for his NIL deals is wrong on many levels. If people and business trip over themseleves to pay him then he's entitled to it. That's College Football in 2021. And CFB fans best better get used to the NIL deals. Either that or walk away from College Football because NIL deals are here to stay. So if you don't like Rattler because he got some marketing deals then you don't like him for the wrong reasons.

As far Riley not allowing CW talk w/ the media, well OU's policy has been no freshmen available to the mdeia for many years. With the change of the NIL rules, that policy may need to be reviewed as it come limit the amount of $$$ a freshman to make. With regards to Rattler not made available, I think it's probably the best. Riley also has a right and need to protect his players. All of us saw what happened. We don't need an interview that just continues the beat down on the guy.

Finally, it wasn't Riley that cancelled the media access. It was above him. Some say from Joe C.
Im not faulting anyone for making money, I do think it opens the door to a more professional setting which means more and higher scrutiny. And if LR wanted media access it would be available just like now: he doesn't so there isn't.

Riley kept CW away from the media. Holly Rowe claimed CW "deserved" the media attention.
Nobody "deserves" to be treated any differently than every other player. At Oklahoma, freshmen are off limits to the press.

Rattler? Probably a good possibility he called his shot. Why would he want to answer questions from the media when he started the season as a Heisman favorite, hasn't performed up to expectations and was replaced in the 2nd quarter by his apparent replacement? "Coach. I'd rather not do a press conference."

Last edited:
Reactions: newnasty
If Riley starts Williams, Rattler has an opportunity to extinguish the fire storm by simply doing what a team captain should. Stand up front on the sideline and cheer for the team on the field, be in the sideline huddle when Riley is talking with Williams’ offense, and be mentally ready to take over if needed. Show some Sooner pride. If he does, most Sooner fans will put last week behind them. Boomer!

If Riley starts Williams, Rattler has an opportunity to extinguish the fire storm by simply doing what a team captain should. Stand up front on the sideline and cheer for the team on the field, be in the sideline huddle when Riley is talking with Williams’ offense, and be mentally ready to take over if needed. Show some Sooner pride. If he does, most Sooner fans will put last week behind them. Boomer!

As much as I'd like to hope that the fans would do that... I just don't. The student body and alot of fans just dislike Rattler. They scrutinize him and everything he does. Some of it deserved, some not.

As much as I'd like to hope that the fans would do that... I just don't. The student body and alot of fans just dislike Rattler. They scrutinize him and everything he does. Some of it deserved, some not.
I think you’re right about the student body, but I still think the majority of Sooner fans will let it go. And I’m only referring to last week’s sideline demeanor, not whether he should play quarterback first team.

I think you’re right about the student body, but I still think the majority of Sooner fans will let it go. And I’m only referring to last week’s sideline demeanor, not whether he should play quarterback first team.
Agree.
Trashing and/or demeaning Rattler by the fans and media does the team, the coaches or OU's reputation no good.
There are games to be played. Let's calm down and let the players play (and win games) with focus and resolve.

Last edited:
They finally started showing SR in the 4th quarter on the sidelines. I am fairly certain he had his pads on just in case but could see no Sooner logos on his clothes or hat

Do we even have a backup QB now if (God forbid) Caleb gets hurt and SR won’t play ?

They finally started showing SR in the 4th quarter on the sidelines. I am fairly certain he had his pads on just in case but could see no Sooner logos on his clothes or hat

Do we even have a backup QB now if (God forbid) Caleb gets hurt and SR won’t play ?
QB Ralph Rucker (#19) from Lovejoy, Texas, 6'0" 206 lbs....walk-on. 4.58 40 speed. Was third string QB at the end of August.

Not trying to sound like a smarta$$, I'm just curious why would think SR would be suited up on the sidelines in anything other than the traditional uniform with all logos etc. ?

Well the cameras were more focused on his face, maybe he was wearing a jacket ?
He wore a blank white hat over his carrot top

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT