ADVERTISEMENT

Perpetually unhappy OU fans

LongTimeSooner

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2015
Many of the regular posters here seem to have extreme negativity issues.

I think many of you should seriously consider abstaining from OU football, and maybe sports in general. Why? Because no matter what, you're going to be unhappy, REALLY UNHAPPY, with some aspect of the games/program that in your meager, uneducated outsider judgement shouldn't exist, and only a moron cannot see it or fix it as easily as you.

In twenty years, if you aren't dead of bitterness or a stroke, you are going to have this conversation with a family youngster:

Kid: "Hey old man. What was your favorite Joe Mixon/ Samajie Perrine/ Baker Mayfield TD play, back then in those golden years of the spread?"
You: "I was too miserable griping about coaches and 23 year old DBs back then to notice. Now go away."​

I will remember losing to Houston and Ohio State because we couldn't stop their offenses with our poor defense. Of course if we had a defense that could possibly slow those two teams down, then I might have better memories of the 2016 season. OU will never win another National Championship with a defense like this years unit.

I think many of you should seriously consider abstaining from OU football, and maybe sports in general. Why? Because no matter what, you're going to be unhappy, REALLY UNHAPPY, with some aspect of the games/program that in your meager, uneducated outsider judgement shouldn't exist, and only a moron cannot see it or fix it as easily as you.

In twenty years, if you aren't dead of bitterness or a stroke, you are going to have this conversation with a family youngster:

Kid: "Hey old man. What was your favorite Joe Mixon/ Samajie Perrine/ Baker Mayfield TD play, back then in those golden years of the spread?"
You: "I was too miserable griping about coaches and 23 year old DBs back then to notice. Now go away."​

B.S. needs to pull a B.S... Such as this...

"Yeah, well, you know, that's, like, just your opinion, man." :)

So you're NOT unhappy with the current state of the Sooners ? Do you like this brand of football ?
Let's not confuse expressing dissatisfaction with a less than stellar product on the field for "bitterness", or having " uneducated outside judgement" or being a "moron" or letting the current problems of the team cause a stroke.
For those of us who followed this team for many years and who have expressed concern and dissatisfaction, your remarks are lame.

So what your trying to tell all of us older folks is that you like that this new brand of football? This defense this year has been nothing but embarrassing and I like many other old timers are tired of seeing this kind of product put on the field and seeing the DC not being held responsible for it.

Just a couple of years ago we seen the OC and others fired for not producing up to the expected level and quite honestly Mike should have been a casualty also.

With this performance this year and in the past its time for Bob to do what needs to be done. If this years edition of the D doesnt open your eyes then its probably safe to say you like watching defenses give up lots of points.

Reactions: Bigleak

Sure it sucks that Mixon, Mayfield and Westbrook had career games and are overshadowed by the horrible defense. Now that's said:

Do not think for one second, I or any Alumni,fan, player or ex player are happy with OU being associated with, the worst pass defense in the HISTORY of College Football. It doesn't take a genius to understand there's a problem. It does take a moron to think it's OK or even remotely acceptable at OU.

We are OU, the Top of the food chain. A record like this, should never be associated with OU, maybe KU or Baylor but never OU.

you need to learn to vent your frustration like the rest of us. Denial will put you in the hospital!

r

I'm not excusing a defense that gave up the most yards ever. :(

I'm saying that you people need to get a grip and appreciate what you have before it's gone.

You all wanted Venebles gone and demonized him, turns out maybe he wasn't a problem after all! But I'm sure you're smarter now.

I'm saying that you people need to get a grip and appreciate what you have before it's gone.

Not sure what we got to appreciate with that VERY OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE performance... At what point should I be cheering for a DB who commits PI because he can't cover anyone? Don't Know What You Got? Sounds like a Cinderella story...

I'm not excusing a defense that gave up the most yards ever. :(

You all wanted Venebles gone and demonized him, turns out maybe he wasn't a problem after all! But I'm sure you're smarter now.

For the record, I never wanted Mike Stoops back. He demonstrated as a head coach how volatile a man he is. I can tolerate (to a degree) an assistant coach that occasionally goes ape shit, but not like Mike Stoops did last year many times. Today's player do not respond to his crazy rants. And the particular rant I remember, I was thinking that the DB was getting drilled for what appeared to be what Mike wanted him to do.... play 12 yards off the WR. Regardless, since you brought Brent into this thread, I felt that Bob screwed him and basically ran him off by bringing Mike back as CO-DC with Brent. Brent was the defensive head coach so this was a demotion. Brent did the right thing by leaving, but it hurt him to do it. For that reason, I feel I have a right to complain. Now if Mike can keep teams from setting national records on OU and actually win a few games for OU with his defense, I will shut up. I'd really rather talk about the good, not the bad.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
"meager, uneducated outsider judgement" is a shoe that fits anyone defending the record-setting D debacle Saturday night.

Reactions: CTOkie

Sounds more like you should take a break from OU message boards.....

So what are you trying to say here?? Are you implying that Bob Stoops is the problem?? I mean Bob is the one constant in the program that has been a revolving door of coaches the last 4-5 years.....

So what are you trying to say here?? Are you implying that Bob Stoops is the problem?? I mean Bob is the one constant in the program that has been a revolving door of coaches the last 4-5 years.....

Just stop. Past exchanges have shown your powers of logic aren't the best. I'm 'trying to say' just what I've written. No implication.

In terms of agreeing with me, I don't care if any of you do or not. However, your collective memories are very short, you think your emotions validate your opinions, and you are actively seeking something you aren't going to get and never have.

Just stop. Past exchanges have shown your powers of logic aren't the best. I'm 'trying to say' just what I've written. No implication.

In terms of agreeing with me, I don't care if any of you do or not. However, your collective memories are very short, you think your emotions validate your opinions, and you are actively seeking something you aren't going to get and never have.

I get this... 854 yards and 59 points... Third down conversions of 10+ yards on six occasions. How many 3rd and 10+ yards did tt face? Six. 20 of 25 on third down. 4th downs they were 2 for 2. Another they kicked a fg. One drive was stopped by the tt receiver dropping a ball on 3rd and 4 to start the second half.

OU FORCED ONE THREE AND OUT THE ENTIRE GAME THAT CONSISTED OF 109 TORTILLA THROWERS PLAYS.

Reactions: LongTimeSooner

I'm worse than a 'perpetual unhappy OU fan', I'm a deplorable.

Okay...so basically you want to have an open forum here where you can post your bitching about others bitching, yet you don't want to be taken to task about your own lack of logic regarding your own words. Move out of that glass house you are living in and stop bitching, crying and overall getting upset over what people on the Internet say. God almighty you have to be bitter and miserable to actually start a thread like this. YOU ARE pretty much what you are complaining about. Go look in a mirror at yourself and see if you are equally disgusted at the image looking back at you, as you appear to be the people on this board. And you think I'm the one lacking the powers of logic....that's hysterical!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!!

Last edited:
Okay...so basically you want to have an open forum here where you can post your bitching about others bitching, yet you don't want to be taken to task about your own lack of logic regarding your own words. Move out of that glass house you are living in and stop bitching, crying and overall getting upset over what people on the Internet say. God almighty you have to be bitter and miserable to actually start a thread like this. YOU ARE pretty much what you are complaining about. Go look in a mirror at yourself and see if you are equally disgusted at the image looking back at you, as you appear to be the people on this board. And you think I'm the one lacking the powers of logic....that's hysterical!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!!

Oh hell, what are you going to do next????

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
Long Time....your message has merit but you have not considered that many of us are donors, serious donors for a long time and we are faced with pressure from the Sooner Club to contribute more even though we are paying the required amount to maintain our seats. I was asked to contribute more this year. I didn't do it and I was seriously downgraded at the Cotton Bowl. If OU can take this position then I think donors can call for better performance from the staff that we help pay.

Last edited:
Many of my uneducated, moron, idiot friends...some who actually played D1 football, are always giving me crap about OUr defense AND how OU seems to lose to the big boys most of the time? I don't even know how to respond! I'm a LOYAL fan! I hate when people bash the Sooners!!

So the saying "IF its not broke don't fix it!! WELL, THIS IS BROKE!!!! Obviously, Mike is unable to fix it! We hear about injuries...WELL, last year we probably got into the playoffs due to other teams injuries!! Does that make Mike a genuis, that he can beat other teams 2nd or 3rd team QB's/RB's/RE's with a OU defense that should be able to knock the crap out of ANY B12 team when full strength!?

Why can Clemson, tOSU, Houston stop OUr offense to some degree that other teams can't? BECAUSE they play REAL defense!! None of this B12 crap.

Until OU can actually stop a REAL team outside the B12, in my opinion, just winning the B12 is simply nothing to brag about anymore! The bar has been lowered from winning it all to just beating 9 other teams that are clearly supposed to be inferior to OU!!

Sorry about the rant....but something NEEDS to be done before this program slips further!

I am one who at the time thought that Venables should be replaced. I thought at first that Mike Stoops was the answer. I was wrong on both counts. I am sorry. I repent in sack cloth and ashes.

I have been watching Oklahoma football with awareness since 1971. Most of those games I listened to on the radio every Saturday at 1:30pm. It has been my privilege to attend several Oklahoma games in person, starting with the OU/OSU game in the North end-zone in 1972. In all of this time I have watched great defenders and great defenses at Oklahoma. There is no need to share the litany of players = they are legend as the team they represented are legend.

It is heartbreaking to say the least to watch this defensive team totally come off the foundation. Those players have forgotten of whom they represent. It seems they no longer have the desire or will to play in my unprofessional opinion. They may be in disarray because of the lack of coaching and teaching. I will go with that opinion = those whose opinion are worth something in the recruiting wars seemed to indicate that everyone who was awarded a scholarship was worthy and had some talent. It is incumbent then that coaches teach skills as well as give players the tools to succeed. The offense has been given that skill and they are successful. The defense has not. IMHO that rests on the Coordinator if not the Head Ball Coach. At the minimum Mike Stoops must go.

I understand that injuries do much to change a dynamic of a team. These are not the days where Switzer recruited players to keep them off of other teams - there is a limit to how many players are on scholarship. I would hope to think that even 2nd team defensive backs could do a better job than what we have been seeing all season. Bob Stoops has coached successful defensive teams in the past - 2000, 2001, and 2002 defensive teams come to mind. Have the times left him behind? I thought Venables defenses underperformed at times = and of course Mike Stoops defenses have another word attached to them with only furtive glimpses of past glories. Is Bob the common denominator? I don't know.

If Bob is to stay, he must release Mike = and then look around like he did before and find a person who has done very well stopping offenses using medium to below talent personnel who can relate to the modern player and can recruit great players to play.

This is my opinion. The clock is ticking. I don't want to feel like I did on Saturday night again.

RAS

Just look at tOSU, LSU Mich, or UF defense, they ALL have one thing in common.

They are very basic and let a few guys dictate assignments. All a team needs in any of these defenses, are three players to execute at a high level. One LB and two safeties, that's it. I like tOSU press quarter the best and we have the personnel to excel. The SAM reads the Oline, attacks vs run, drop vs pass. The safties, reads the inside WR, then drop or play run. Very basic, just plugin athletes and let them execute. You get numbers on pass plays and run plays.

Basic, no running around looking at the sidelines just line up and execute. It held OU offense to 17 points and took Perine, Westbrook and Mixon out of the big play game plan. WVU is playing a similar version and adds man free with blitz packages, that tOSU, LSU, Mich and UF also run. Hopefully Mixon and Perine can take advantage of this with a run on some of the blitz packages.

Play basic defense and just go out-execute people.

many of us are donors, serious donors for a long time and we are faced with pressure from the Sooner Club to contribute more even though we are paying the required amount to maintain our seats. I was asked to contribute more this year.

I cannot take issue with any of this. Getting bent over repeatedly and paying a premium to see junk validates your anger, and I can easily understand the negativity.

But then, where is the clamor to fire Joe C and Boren? They are the one who wrote the checks, not a bunch of 20 something athletes or the defensive coordinator.

OU should NEVER lose to houston, EVER! SMU and Navy beat them and Louisville is going to destroy them. Nice of you to stop by and tell us how to feel and react, is that you Hillary?

No, not Hillary the last time I checked things out. Just because I think your anger is ruining the fun for you doesn't mean I'm justifying losses. BUT BE ANGRY SOME MORE AND FIRE THE IDIOTS that took us to a playoff last year...

yet you don't want to be taken to task about your own lack of logic regarding your own words. Move out of that glass house you are living in and stop bitching, crying and overall getting upset over what people on the Internet say. God almighty you have to be bitter and miserable to actually start a thread like this.

Is this real life?

YOU ARE pretty much what you are complaining about. Go look in a mirror at yourself and see if you are equally disgusted at the image looking back at you, as you appear to be the people on this board. And you think I'm the one lacking the powers of logic....that's hysterical!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!!

Your weird hillbillly reverse psychology has some gaps.

That defensive coordinator makes a lot of money to go out and recruit players for the defense. That same defensive coordinator makes a lot of money to come up with schemes to stop the other teams offense. That same defensive coordinator makes a lot of money to help OUr team win games and ultimately championships. OUr current defensive coordinator is failing at all of these things. I'm willing to bet that I can find at least five high school coaches in Nebraska that can up with a better scheme than he did for Taco Tech. If OUr current defensive coordinator can't get it done, find somebody that can.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
No, not Hillary the last time I checked things out. Just because I think your anger is ruining the fun for you doesn't mean I'm justifying losses. BUT BE ANGRY SOME MORE AND FIRE THE IDIOTS that took us to a playoff last year...

Sorry but if you think our defense is fun you have a funny sense of humor. I am not mad, can you see my face turning red? Did you hear me scream? Nope. As I said earlier, thanks for telling us how to act.

Is this real life?
Your weird hillbillly reverse psychology has some gaps.
Believe as you wish. Your attempts at logic and/or making any level of sense hasn't impressed me one bit. So keep on getting emotionally distraught over OU fans venting their displeasure over an awful performance on a message board. Maybe message boards just aren't for you man.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Here's an idea for the experts. You notice experts are about all that's left on the boards. They're condescending
as hell about someone supporting the program instead of undermining the
program as they are. I say leave the boards to them. Billy I'm not including you I think your bright. Just kind of an ass hole that believes he is the smartest poster on here. Pitiful with the recruits committed. K know these boards don't help. Social media can change the thoughts of a recruit. Facebook and twitter are the main ones. I'm not about to read your Facebook page. Bitching continuously is weak sauce. Ridiculous if something changes it changes. I wouldn't even ride in the car with constant whiners. Boz likes it I guess knock yourselves out. You are a valuable asset to Oklahoma. I wouldn't blame Bob if he took
another job. You don't deserve him because you support him.

197083.jpg

I cannot take issue with any of this. Getting bent over repeatedly and paying a premium to see junk validates your anger, and I can easily understand the negativity.

But then, where is the clamor to fire Joe C and Boren? They are the one who wrote the checks, not a bunch of 20 something athletes or the defensive coordinator.
Again I agree with your views. I have written Joe C. in the past about a variety of points both positive and negative. No response. I have no time for Boren...he is a politician and that is a completely different subject. I believe Bob will be called on the carpet over the TTech game. He should be.

Well... I know I'm a prick... Expert? Yep. In automotive electronics systems and using a chainsaw. I'm also an expert tv watcher with a disease called Sooner Pride. I never expect the Sooners to lose, yet have no issue with a loss in a hard fought game. I'll always question what could have been done differently to make something work better.

If one cannot see that this defense sucks, well, that's your problem. If one doesn't like me saying that this defense sucks, again, your problem. I don't like that this defense sucks, and that is MY problem. The fact that this defense does indeed suck, is Mike's and Bob's problem, and they are paid a LOT so that it won't.

So, since I'm a Sooner fan and an American, I'll bitch, whine, moan, make suggestions and say whatever I want. And, if you don't like it, that is your problem, not mine...

Well... I know I'm a prick... Expert? Yep. In automotive electronics systems and using a chainsaw. I'm also an expert tv watcher with a disease called Sooner Pride. I never expect the Sooners to lose, yet have no issue with a loss in a hard fought game. I'll always question what could have been done differently to make something work better.

If one cannot see that this defense sucks, well, that's your problem. If one doesn't like me saying that this defense sucks, again, your problem. I don't like that this defense sucks, and that is MY problem. The fact that this defense does indeed suck, is Mike's and Bob's problem, and they are paid a LOT so that it won't.

So, since I'm a Sooner fan and an American, I'll bitch, whine, moan, make suggestions and say whatever I want. And, if you don't like it, that is your problem, not mine...
hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT