ADVERTISEMENT

Perpetually unhappy OU fans

Actually, I reckon they get paid a lot to put up with the incessant complaining of the fans.

If you think that they get paid to put up with my bitching about their crap product, then you are more misguided than the badass defense they are putting out on the field...

Reactions: CTOkie
Actually, I reckon they get paid a lot to put up with the incessant complaining of the fans.
The "incessant complaining of the fans" is, and always has been, the byproduct of any flawed team.
To discuss and express concern over these flaws....based on reality....does not diminish the fans' credibility or loyalty.
To defend these flaws (while attacking those who are speaking out about what is evidently not right with the team) reveals a belief based on denial and/or poor observation.
This current team will win more than it will lose and will "qualify" (with at least 7 wins) for a bowl berth at year's end, as CFB is now like the NBA and NHL where so much mediocrity is rewarded and the regular season trivialized.
This current team will continue to score many points and will try to outscore the opposition.
This current team will continue to surrender many points....with more injuries resulting.
I have followed this team since Wilkinson's time and have seen the good times and bad times along the way. But unlike those past bad times, when I always felt there would be better days ahead, I don't feel that way anymore. I think that while OU continues to win 80% of its games, it has painted itself into a corner with its silly brand of football and its membership in a conference that is sucking the life out of the program.

This current team will win more than it will lose and will "qualify" (with at least 7 wins) for a bowl berth at year's end, as CFB is now like the NBA and NHL where so much mediocrity is rewarded and the regular season trivialized.

OU will qualify for a bowl on Saturday evening after beating Kansas... The idea that 6-6 should be rewarded with a bowl birth is pathetic. texASS got trounced last year after their .500 regular season to end with a losing record... I suppose an exception could be made for a 6-6 conference champion to play in the "We Don't Give a Crap Burrito Bowl," but does the 8th place team in any conference deserve a bowl bid?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
The number of bowls there are is nuts. Way too many. There are so many that sometimes a few bowls actually have a problem matching up teams that even "qualify" with 6 wins. I don't watch that many bowls because I have no interest seeing 6-5 teams play to an empty stadium. Maybe I would feel different if one of the teams was OU. I know it's all about money, but I miss the time when the bowl season was a special time of the year. Like so much of college football, some really good traditions have been changed for the almighty $$$.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
The number of bowls there are is nuts. Way too many. There are so many that sometimes a few bowls actually have a problem matching up teams that even "qualify" with 6 wins. I don't watch that many bowls because I have no interest seeing 6-5 teams play to an empty stadium. Maybe I would feel different if one of the teams was OU. I know it's all about money, but I miss the time when the bowl season was a special time of the year. Like so much of college football, some really good traditions have been changed for the almighty $$$.

There were 40 bowls last year. Exceptions were made for three teams that went 5-7 in order to fill all the bowls. If a 7-5 record were required, eight bowls would've been eliminated and one team at 7-5 would've been left out... Aww... You're all winners... Or whiners... Or wieners...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/12/9/9880996/bowl-eligibility-records-6-7-wins

Reactions: harolds
Texas didn't go to a bowl last year.

My mistake, they went and got crushed by the Razorbacks the year before after going 6-6, to finish 6-7 and followed that with their 5-7 record, which was good enough to get Nebraska and two other teams in bowls...

197083.jpg

Pump Up the Volume???

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Well, you could be drawing on one... just sayin'

For some strange reason I find myself wanting to meet this lady. I like to study people and I have a whole bunch of questions for this one. For the record, I have had a male patient with an infected colostomy tell me he whored it out to guys for $20 a pop. It cultured positive for gonorrhea.

Reactions: JConXtsy
For some strange reason I find myself wanting to meet this lady. I like to study people and I have a whole bunch of questions for this one. For the record, I have had a male patient with an infected colostomy tell me he whored it out to guys for $20 a pop. It cultured positive for gonorrhea.

My gf has been in the medical field for about 25yrs. Oh the stories I could tell but I was sworn to secrecy so I cannot. You are all probably better off not knowing. :D

Perpetually Unhappy???

How about, Realistically Unhappy

OU is in the "History Books" as having the WORST single game pass defense in the History of College Football! That's not something that OU should ever be associated with.

OU pays a Fing Coach 930k, to not ever have anything like this happen. Under his watch, OU has given up over 20 personnel, or team records to his defense. I'm tired of seeing player X, have a record setting day against OU defense. I'm tired of seeing 100 year old records, fall under his watch.

This does not happen at OU. We deliver record setting performances, not have them rammed down our throats.

I was going to reply to the OP, but lost all motivation to do so once I happened upon the butthole tattoo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT