ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs ISU

So just how bad is this OU team? They have now lost to a team that lost to ark St and a team that lost to Louisiana. I say it with a lot of aggrivation but this team just seems to lack heart. But hey as some say I guess they still have unity.

Reactions: iasooner1
Beating Texas just became a "must win". Have to sell this season and it's coming failures as a transition year or we're going to suffer long term consequences.

You don't lose 3 straight at oklahoma.

Reactions: Belldozer1
The losses against superior teams in the playoffs are understandable as it appeared with we were headed in the right direction. Now we're seeing obvious regression.

Most God awful coaching ever. Lincoln Riley your fake fire and emotion is played out. Bookie you deserve a benching. Both cost us this game. Number 3 to 33 is not progression. But we did get a turnover...wee...gee whiz.
If only Riley would get mad at the players like he did the ref at the end of the game.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
The team just isn't good this year:
Murray and Gallimore are gone. Perkins hasn't played yet, Sermon and Brooks are gone at RB, Lamb's in Dallas, Morris and Basquine graduated, the secondary is undersized and has to cover receivers while the opposing QBs have loads of time to throw, the linebackers are average and the offensive line is regressing. Robinson needs to be replaced.
There's young talent on the way with the 2020 class and what will come in the 2021 class, but 2020 is just the year from hell with the pandemic and shortened season.
Rattler just needs better players around him. He doesn't have them now.
All that said, OU must find a way to get better coaches and players or it will turn into a Texas Tech type team. Grinch needs to bring in HIS players before the defense improves and that will take another year or two.

Hard to win many games when you can count on your defense to give up at least four plays of at least 50 yards and your special teams to cough up a major hairball at least once a game. The blocked punt last week and the 85 yard kickoff return this week were major factors in both losses.

Murray and Gallimore are gone. Perkins hasn't played yet, Sermon and Brooks are gone at RB, Lamb's in Dallas, Morris and Basquine graduated, the secondary is undersized and has to cover receivers while the opposing QBs have loads of time to throw, the linebackers are average and the offensive line is regressing. Robinson needs to be replaced.
There's young talent on the way with the 2020 class and what will come in the 2021 class, but 2020 is just the year from hell with the pandemic and shortened season.
All that said, OU must find a way to get better coaches and players or it will turn into a Texas Tech type team. Grinch needs to bring in HIS players before the defense improves and that will take another year or two.

Sorry CT but its been a TT type team for a while now.

I get that we're shorthanded and need a better defensive roster but why can't we tackle either in the closed or open field and why can't we cover a pass without holding or committing PI? Frustrating doesn't begin to cover it.

Bookie graded a F-...DB as whole failed. Plenty of disgrace and lack of fire since Half 2 of K-State game. You would think there is such thing ax pride...urgency...and energy. Nope not this sordid group of narginal players. Great you are 4 and 5 stars. Just frigging great.

this is a very good possibility when you factor in the bad D and receivers without the big play ability to make those great catches. Man this pains me to look at it this way. At best I would say 4-6

Texas. L
TCU. L
Texas Tech L
Kansas. W
OSU. L
West va. L
Baylor. L

I honestly see a 2-8 season

Texas Tech has never been in the playoffs, but OU tries to compete with great teams and it can’t, just like Texas Tech.

True but we had no business being in the last 2. Sometimes losses like those are hard for a Program to overcome and we may be seeing it come to fruition.
It sucks but it is what it is.

Bookie graded a F-...DB as whole failed. Plenty of disgrace and lack of fire since Half 2 of K-State game. You would think there is such thing ax pride...urgency...and energy. Nope not this sordid group of narginal players. Great you are 4 and 5 stars. Just frigging great.
Bookie looks like the Madden player who constantly tries to click to the closest player while not having a clue about what's happening around him. There has to be a walkon with more fire than Bookie.

Bookie looks like the Madden player who constantly tries to click to the closest player while not having a clue about what's happening around him. There has to be a walkon with more fire than Bookie.

Alwsys out of position...making stupid penalties...poor tackling skills ...a player that thinks he is great. I was around non partisan fans and they asked me over and over why he was in the game in first place? At end of game it was clear we don’t want to hurt feelings. That’s really a pathetic stance. He is lost and poor talent...

Case in point Stogner starts clicking with Rattler. Let’s throw to him 3 times after this. You have 3 time outs and 47 seconds? Let’s not even attempt to move the ball closer?? I hate the snugness and idiocy of LR...it’s cost us many times. Like he has some dream scheme in his head that has 80% failure. Only in reality it is a 95% failure rate. This is a horrible crossroads this program is at. No defense gets you mowhere!!

Alwsys out of position...making stupid penalties...poor tackling skills ...a player that thinks he is great. I was around non partisan fans and they asked me over and over why he was in the game in first place? At end of game it was clear we don’t want to hurt feelings. That’s really a pathetic stance. He is lost and poor talent...
Not to mention the running backs who are apparently auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance instead of trying to hit some holes. Also, why do Rattler and Riley act shocked that Rattler can run? It's like both are allergic to reality.

Most God awful coaching ever. Lincoln Riley your fake fire and emotion is played out. Bookie you deserve a benching. Both cost us this game. Number 3 to 33 is not progression. But we did get a turnover...wee...gee whiz.
Lol at the turnover ratio. That crap is on Grinch. If he was serious about turnovers he would have noticed last year that our db’s have horrible ball handling/catching skills and would have had them on the jugs machine religiously imo.

I still laugh about Tre Brown returning punts but can’t catch a pass to save his life. When do we start seeing Grinch play “his players”?

I will say that Grinch did have players in position to make the plays more times than not yesterday but the players simply didn’t execute/tackle. I guess that’s still on Grinch but these players need to get nasty and start tackling

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Lol at the turnover ratio. That crap is on Grinch. If he was serious about turnovers he would have noticed last year that our db’s have horrible ball handling/catching skills and would have had them on the jugs machine religiously imo.

I still laugh about Tre Brown returning punts but can’t catch a pass to save his life. When do we start seeing Grinch play “his players”?

I will say that Grinch did have players in position to make the plays more times than not yesterday but the players simply didn’t execute/tackle. I guess that’s still on Grinch but these players need to get nasty and start tackling

The players simply can’t put together 4 full quarters of play and like you stated forcing turnovers Or getting them when it hits them right in there hands is like watching a bad magician make a ball vanish. They are incapable of making such plays. This defensive comedy routine has been going on way to long now at OU.

it also doesn’t help that the offense is nowhere close to what we have seen in the past. How many dropped passes did we see yesterday that should or could have been a TD? Two for sure that I remember. In order for this OU team to win we need Baker-Murray type offenses to score 45 plus every game and that simply will not happen. Rattler has no real weapons around him like those guys did at least not reliable ones.

We all know that sooner or later every head coach will have that down year here and there but my goodness this team is a true train wreck.

Mims kind of disappeared yesterday. Rambo is a good No. 2 guy and so is Wease etc. we don’t appear to have a No. 1 receiver right now. it looks like Obi has some potential. Stogner and Hall May be our most reliable ball catchers right now

Not to mention the running backs who are apparently auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance instead of trying to hit some holes. Also, why do Rattler and Riley act shocked that Rattler can run? It's like both are allergic to reality.
McGowen to me seems to run similar to Rodney Anderson. Pledger looks like a scat back with not a whole lot of scat in him. Stevenson and McGowen will be a good combo I think

Reactions: Zgeo
Gone are the days of incentive laden contracts. Riley’s getting 5 mil +, win or lose lol. Although Riley has gotten us to the playoffs so I’ll give him that

Reactions: Soonerborn59
What else would one expect him to say? OU will never be great again until they fix the defensive problems

They are not on the verge of anything except becoming irrelevant. He needs to just come out and say that we suck right now and we are just going to try and get better.

Reactions: Zgeo
McGowen to me seems to run similar to Rodney Anderson. Pledger looks like a scat back with not a whole lot of scat in him. Stevenson and McGowen will be a good combo I think
Did you watch the same game as the rest of us? McGown can't commit to running the ball as planned. He wants to scramble around and lose more yards than necessary. I saw 4 or 5 instances where he changed direction and got hammered. This is poor coaching and a guy acting like he is still in high school. McGown has far to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT