ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs UT

3 points in the 3rd quarter for the season. Let that sink in. Offensive recruits will not come to OU to be embarrassed like this.

Lost in all of this is how good the defense is. And they'll get better as the season goes on. If the offense can figure anything out there's a sliver of hope of a decent season.

Hawkins is playing smarter and play calling is using his athleticism.

Have to start him next week and see if it can jump start something.

Good thing JH knew he was going to win and pulled them back some to coast otherwise we would have lost by a lot more.
Seth aint it and neither is JA. Inexcusable shitshow of an Offense I have ever seen.

Reactions: iasooner24
We can't blame the offense scheme or oline for Arnolds mistakes. He threw an interception when he had great protection, fumbled on the 5, and threw a ball behind the receiver (almost did it twice). Arnold doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure.

We can't blame the offense scheme or oline for Arnolds mistakes. He threw an interception when he had great protection, fumbled on the 5, and threw a ball behind the receiver (almost did it twice). Arnold doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure.
Agreed to an extent. As I said in another thread I really wanted JA to be the QB this year but truth is he has not been overly impressive. In fact he has been more down than up. Yes the OL is bad but its not like JA passes have been awe inspiring. Tonight the defense came up with some huge plays and put the offense in some great opportunities. OU failed to take advantage and JA was a big part of the reason for that.

The coaches made the right choice to bench him but do they start Hawkins next week vs Auburn or do they send Arnold back out? If so how much of a leash will he be given if he struggles once again? Sometimes players just don’t pan out and it is up to the coaches to do what is best for the team over what is best for the player based on rather or not he will transfer if he isn’t playing.

I think through 4 games that crossroad has reared it’s ugly head.

Agreed to an extent. As I said in another thread I really wanted JA to be the QB this year but truth is he has not been overly impressive. In fact he has been more down than up. Yes the OL is bad but its not like JA passes have been awe inspiring. Tonight the defense came up with some huge plays and put the offense in some great opportunities. OU failed to take advantage and JA was a big part of the reason for that.

The coaches made the right choice to bench him but do they start Hawkins next week vs Auburn or do they send Arnold back out? If so how much of a leash will he be given if he struggles once again? Sometimes players just don’t pan out and it is up to the coaches to do what is best for the team over what is best for the player based on rather or not he will transfer if he isn’t playing.

I think through 4 games that crossroad has reared it’s ugly head.
Do they start Hawkins? Heck ya! Arnold was on the sidelines watching his starting job disappear. I guess we should have known when he stunk it up in the bowl game last year. He has never played up to his 5 star hype.

If it were me making that decision JA would't see the field again unless its mop up duty. For whatever reason he is just not getting it done. Hawkins played like a qb should play, bad O line and all he gave it his all.
If this Offensive Crap continues it may not matter but moving forward I think Hawkins is the best option.
GYDg6VbW4AAMzHf

I would also add its not all Arnold, its BB, SL, DM and the rest of that Offensive Staff that are mostly to blame. Are they learning on the job? Are some of them just collecting a paycheck? What the hell is going on?
BV needs to address all of that because he won't make it here much longer putting a crap offense out there like that. He looked pissed during his post game presser and he needs to be. Embarrassing loss at home that could have been much worse if Josh H would have wanted it to be.

The offensive line played poorly. Arnold played poorly. Is that the coaches fault? Maybe but I don’t give the players an out. They have to step up, play as they are “paid” to play and if they don’t, take responsibility. Arnold played like he was in La La Land sometimes. I’m sure a lot that has to do with the poor offensive line play, but his decision making is questionable a lot. Coaching can’t fix some of this stuff.

Count me in the “start Hawkins” camp. Watching him was the most exciting ing during the entire game. Reminded me of a young JH in the mid 80s. He has the heart and determination that JA seems to be missing. Put the best players on the field to bring the best result. Screw the nil bullshit. The future is Hawkins………..no doubt

Reactions: Soonerborn59
The offensive line played poorly. Arnold played poorly. Is that the coaches fault? Maybe but I don’t give the players an out. They have to step up, play as they are “paid” to play and if they don’t, take responsibility. Arnold played like he was in La La Land sometimes. I’m sure a lot that has to do with the poor offensive line play, but his decision making is questionable a lot. Coaching can’t fix some of this stuff.
It all boils down to JA is a bust and Seth is a bad OC. BB is not off the hook either as we knew the SEC was looming and this is the best he could do with an offensive line? Forget the injuries they would not be that much better and the depth proves that. Why can't he recruit the guys he needs?

Reactions: iasooner24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT