ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Ohio State recruit in trouble?

Patriotgame

Sooner commitment
Oct 22, 2002
From Urban Meyer's press conference yesterday...would love to know who it is and what he said...

Q.You mentioned before how you have people monitor social media with your players. If you have a recruit on a visit who has tweeted something critical of your team while he's on a visit, how is that viewed? Is that something that could impact a player's potential standing within your recruiting class?
COACH MEYER: Sure. I was made aware of something and I let other people -- I was made aware of it.

Reactions: iasooner1
He shouldn't have commented on that. Poor choice and poor attitude from someone that's supposed to be an adult.

Kids are going to be fickle and say disparaging things for any reason. It's what they do. If it gets you butt-hurt, then maybe you shouldn't be in the profession of dealing with them.

I hope lots of recruits receive this information on Meyer.

He shouldn't have commented on that. Poor choice and poor attitude from someone that's supposed to be an adult.

Kids are going to be fickle and say disparaging things for any reason. It's what they do. If it gets you butt-hurt, then maybe you shouldn't be in the profession of dealing with them.

I hope lots of recruits receive this information on Meyer.

JCon, are you really serious?

I totally disagree. It isn't that some of these kids are just "fickle" it is that they are spoiled rotten, have zero parenting and little judgment and common sense. Do you really want a kid on your team that makes those kind of decisions and shows such little respect for the school they are committed to?

I don't. Coaches have sufficient problems to deal with and having dead heads on their team isn't worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT