ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Hey, you office habituals...

What are y'all doing, actually working for the man?

Come on, I'm bored here...entertain ME!

Otherwise, I'll just have to call Copernicus and tell him he was totally wrong...in that the center of the universe
is not the Sun, but it is you selfish, it's all about me guys...fine!

:eek:

fitty, If all goes as planned, I'll be hanging it up at the big, brown parcel service company I've been working for during the last 37 years and joining you in the Peanut Gallery. Until then, I'm sure you can find plenty to "occupy your mind!"

Retired.....and proud of it.

I hear ya CT, aint it as sweet as Oklahoma corn on the cob? Get up, eat a huge, artery clogging breakfast...then take a nap?
Shooting guns off of the porch before noon...uncanny!

I'm really getting into it. Got the Medicare going...next year Social Security...it's a pleasure...and the free money?
Fahgetaboutit! :D

Hey, I've more than earned the right to gloat...therefore I shall.
45 years taking crap from people not smart enough to know come here from sic 'em?

Don't get me wrong...I'm not bitter.
Bwahahaha!

fitty, If all goes as planned, I'll be hanging it up at the big, brown parcel service company I've been working for during the last 37 years and joining you in the Peanut Gallery. Until then, I'm sure you can find plenty to "occupy your mind!"

Well, good for you Schooner, I didn't know you worked for big brown...you guys work your asses plum off!

At any rate, if you played it right, which I'm sure you did, you should be sitting pretty good with the retirement that place has.

Now, live long and enjoy it...that's an order!

Mechanical & Electrical Engineer. I design and build machine tools to manufacture oil and gas distribution equipment. As everyone knows, the oil industry is down, the natural gas industry is doing a little better, and I'm staying very busy. Lots of ongoing projects and more coming. However, after 35 years of this, I'm growing tired.

Retired.....and proud of it.
I hear ya CT.

I'm a semi-retired teacher (do light subbing and voluntary tutoring). Only glitch is that the "Affordable" Care Act is being abusive to me. I'm in my health care re-enrollment period and my monthly premiums will jump up either 60% - 120% depending on the package I elect. Health coverage, by farrrrr, is my biggest expense.

That's crap!

Boomer Sooner

I'm into my second month of retirement and I love it. I started working as a junior high kid during the summers, worked throughout college and then spent 44 years in the same industry so I was ready yet a bit apprehensive. I even posted that I would be on the board more just before I retired July 1st, but I'd found there is a lot of stuff that I never had time to do that is fun, interesting and fulfilling so I haven't posted much lately....but I still read all you guy's threads to keep up. Of course, its summer which helps, but we have plans after football season that will keep the momentum going hopefully. I highly recommend retirement, and am looking forward to rooting for the Sooners again. The season can't come soon enough. BOOMER!

Semi-Retired. Kinda, Sorta...I own two production companies that produces Car Shows. We operate 7 days/week for 6 months in two different major cities. I also own an award company just to feed the monster. Basically, I work non stop May-Sept., then vacay between Oct-April.

Semi-Retired. Kinda, Sorta...I own two production companies that produces Car Shows. We operate 7 days/week for 6 months in two different major cities. I also own an award company just to feed the monster. Basically, I work non stop May-Sept., then vacay between Oct-April.

I knew you were a Barrett Jackson mogul..you, you...'Baby you're a rich man, baby you're a rich man...':eek:

Link your Car Show sites if you can, of course, without giving personal info.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
I knew you were a Barrett Jackson mogul..you, you...'Baby you're a rich man, baby you're a rich man...':eek:

Not hardly. The pay is not bad but I'm only rich in that I truly have a passion & enjoyment for what I do. I'm around quality cars, quality car people who I think are the salt of the earth. They are very respectful of one another. I'm also around the sounds of the best music from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. It's a great gig and I thoroughly love & enjoy it.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Not hardly. The pay is not bad but I'm only rich in that I truly have a passion & enjoyment for what I do. I'm around quality cars, quality car people who I think are the salt of the earth. They are very respectful of one another. I'm also around the sounds of the best music from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. It's a great gig and I thoroughly love & enjoy it.

No kidding...sounds phat. Only way that gig could be better is if you had topless Oriental chicks feeding you peeled grapes...good job!

Link your Car Show sites if you can, of course, without giving personal info.

K2C, with all due respect, I'll think I'll have to pass on your request. Mixing up the pleasure of this board with personal info and business ventures is not a sound move IMO. I hope you understand and can respect my decision.

K2C, with all due respect, I'll think I'll have to pass on your request. Mixing up the pleasure of this board with personal info and business ventures is not a sound move IMO. I hope you understand and can respect my decision.

Of course I understand. I'm just a freak for car shows. I watch all the big ones on tv and used to hit Leake Auction/show in Muskogee. I have a few second and third place trophies on my Salleen Mustangs.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Please...you're just a freak...slut.

That sounds like fighting words to me, partner............HA

daily_picdump_1889_30.jpg

EE semiconductor engineer. Spent last 12 years researching and developing HgCdTe focal plane array sensors for mostly military applications - tanks, aircraft, missile defense, javelin launchers, etc.

Just accepted a position in Malibu and moving there to start work next month on heterojunction bipolar transistors.
Right next door to Pepperdine University. We get access to their athletic facilities as employees of my new company. I will fill my share of ogling of coeds for everyone here.

EE semiconductor engineer. Spent last 12 years researching and developing HgCdTe focal plane array sensors for mostly military applications - tanks, aircraft, missile defense, javelin launchers, etc.

Just accepted a position in Malibu and moving there to start work next month on heterojunction bipolar transistors.
Right next door to Pepperdine University. We get access to their athletic facilities as employees of my new company. I will fill my share of ogling of coeds for everyone here.

JCon's first day at the Malibu Beach..............HA

81615e.gif

I don't have a job. I have a fun!

Only "work" every third day, with a group of other 8th grade boys like myself (according to my wife).

24 hours at a fire station will be the best laugh you've ever had. As long as you're not thin-skinned.

I did 5 and a half in Vilseck (minus afghanistan) and I swear I could live there forever!

Ditto man. I loved it over there. When were you there? I got there at the end of 98 and left at the end of 2000. Those 2 years flew by. Didn't get to go see all I wanted to. Still want to make some trips over there someday. Hit up Oktoberfest again and run with the bulls in Pamplona. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT