ADVERTISEMENT

*OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VERSUS WVU GAME THREAD*

The defense held West Virginia well under their season average. This loss is on the coaching staff and an offense that could only score 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the Big 12.
Won’t disagree with your thoughts but If Mimms could catch that is 7 more points when we came away with nothing on that drive…defense let them keep drives alive by poor tackling AND constantly being out of position, again…the fake ping is a perfect example of over pursuing and not staying disciplined

Reactions: iasooner2000
Shouldn't we give Brent at least one more year brother? 👍

Didn't say he wouldn't be here. He will likely be here if next year is about the same as this.
At this point of what I have seen he is probably not the right guy. Wasn't crazy about the hire from the get go and said as much. He will get his chance thats for sure but I am not sold on anything so far. At the end of the day it falls on his shoulders.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Won’t disagree with your thoughts but If Mimms could catch that is 7 more points when we came away with nothing on that drive…defense let them keep drives alive by poor tackling AND constantly being out of position, again…the fake ping is a perfect example of over pursuing and not staying disciplined

And we don't play downhill.

We play scared, period.

So what do you guys think about scoring 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the Big 12?

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Didn't say he wouldn't be here. He will likely be here if next year is about the same as this.
At this point of what I have seen he is probably not the right guy. Wasn't crazy about the hire from the get go and said as much. He will get his chance thats for sure but I am not sold on anything so far. At the end of the day it falls on his shoulders.
Was there this hysteria when Bob was hired?

Who's the right hire?

Who's the right hire?
Who else wanted the job? How many and whom was it offered to but said no thanks? We will never know. We have yet to find out if BV is the right hire but as of right now I say he is not. Its not gospel its my opinion, don't get so offended by it.

Nobody is talking about Bob. This is Brent's show now and its pathetic. Not gonna sugar coat it for you.
As a side note I was ready for Bob to go long before he retired.
Welp Bob sure put on a b12 clinic. Brent should be giving a chance brother.

So what do you guys think about scoring 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the Big 12?
Our offense is only as good as Gabriel plays. That’s a big problem. Evidently we don’t have anyone playing behind him that could have helped like Green helped WV today. At this point in the season, I’d like to see the other two quarterbacks take a few snaps when Gabriel is off. Couldn’t hurt. We’re liable to go 5-7 anyway.

the defense score 2
Good point. In the post-game press conference, someone with a set of balls needs to ask Lebby’s fat overpaid ass how his offense was only able to muster 18 points against one of the worst defenses in the Big 12.

Last edited:
Isnt the reason Arnold coming to OU is to play for Lebby? Lebby was recruiting him at Ole Miss, so we will have Lebby at least one more year. Unless Arnold changes his mind and go somewhere else

Reactions: Oklabama
Tired of hearing its Rileys fault. This game like others was very winnable. At the end of the day the blame falls on BV's not Lincoln Riley. Some assistants should be shown the door after this season.
What has any of them done to make you confident they can compete in the SEC? That includes Brent.
Where would OU be now had Caleb and Mario Williams not left for USC with Riley? Or when Woods, Stogner, Hasselwood and Rattler transferred out?
And most of the talent is from Riley's time, the rest are freshmen and journeyman-caliber transfers.
Then there were the departures of Winfrey, Bonitto, Asamoah and Perkins who clearly were OU's best defenders.
Obviously, this team is NOT SEC-worthy at this time, so having or not having "confidence" is not a factor now.
Most of us knew that OU was not SEC-ready before the season and when OU agreed to join the SEC.
And most of us knew there would be growing pains until then.

I haven’t watched the whole game yet and not even sure I will at this point. This has been the most frustrating and disappointing season I have seen in a long time.

I want BV to succeed and I know he is dealing with a depleted roster but at times I see no fire in this team and I would have never guessed that with the way BV is.

I did see the Mims dropped pass and my first thought was “ Can he catch anything” because he has been really horrible in 2 of his past 3 games. It sounds like to me the offense was the biggest problem today and the defense at least put in a admirable game effort.

I really hate saying but I think these players dont give a damn if they win or lose. Hey though as I have said before the players are like “ Hey I get paid either way so what do I care”

Screw NIL

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Who else wanted the job? How many and whom was it offered to but said no thanks? We will never know. We have yet to find out if BV is the right hire but as of right now I say he is not. Its not gospel its my opinion, don't get so offended by it.
Just asking but wasnt Lanning on that list?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I haven’t watched the whole game yet and not even sure I will at this point. This has been the most frustrating and disappointing season I have seen in a long time.

I want BV to succeed and I know he is dealing with a depleted roster but at times I see no fire in this team and I would have never guessed that with the way BV is.

I did see the Mims dropped pass and my first thought was “ Can he catch anything” because he has been really horrible in 2 of his past 3 games. It sounds like to me the offense was the biggest problem today and the defense at least put in a admirable game effort.

I really hate saying but I think these players dont give a damn if they win or lose. Hey though as I have said before the players are like “ Hey I get paid either way so what do I care”

Screw NIL
Brent will figure it out IMO.

Reactions: Plainosooner
Where would OU be now had Caleb and Mario Williams not left for USC with Riley? Or when Woods, Stogner, Hasselwood and Rattler transferred out?
And most of the talent is from Riley's time, the rest are freshmen and journeyman-caliber transfers.
Then there were the departures of Winfrey, Bonitto, Asamoah and Perkins who clearly were OU's best defenders.
Obviously, this team is NOT SEC-worthy at this time, so having or not having "confidence" is not a factor now.
Most of us knew that before the season and when OU agreed to join the SEC.
And most of us knew there would be growing pains until then.

I guess we will just have to add bad coaching as part of the growing pains. This game was very winnable to get bowl elgible yet it was another flop.
Blaming Riley 10 games into the Season won't cut it.

I guess we will just have to add bad coaching as part of the growing pains. This game was very winnable to get bowl elgible yet it was another flop.
Brent's coaching ain't that bad. 😉

I pretty much stopped posting after getting livid about a 49-0 loss to Texas. 49-0 to Texas. 49-0 to Texas. This isn't a software glitch. 49-0 against Texas. Many here thought my comments at the time were out of pocket.....

Brent's coaching ain't that bad. 😉
Ok
sunshine-truck-whatever-problem@2x.png

Brent will figure it out IMO.
He must be a slow learner, you've been saying that for 8 weeks. Even you have to admit, this team has shown zero growth this year. We should be seeing growth, but we are not. Same mistakes week in and week out. Same stupid penalties. If we were 5-5 and not as talented or less talented than the other team, Id be happy. Texas is the only team that has had superior talent and they destroyed us. We have been as talented or have had more talent than most of the teams we have played and have gotten out coached.

Reactions: Patriotgame
I pretty much stopped posting after getting livid about a 49-0 loss to Texas. 49-0 to Texas. 49-0 to Texas. This isn't a software glitch. 49-0 against Texas. Many here thought my comments at the time were out of pocket.....
Yeah, I got a problem with Texas success. 😁

He must be a slow learner, you've been saying that for 8 weeks. Even you have to admit, this team has shown zero growth this year. We should be seeing growth, but we are not. Same mistakes week in and week out. Same stupid penalties. If we were 5-5 and not as talented or less talented than the other team, Id be happy. Texas is the only team that has had superior talent and they destroyed us. We have been as talented or have had more talent than most of the teams we have played and have gotten out coached.
Brother you can't be serious?

Guess BV is too concerned about being a friend and father picture. Rather than being a coach and taking control. Bad bad coaching and poor discipline. Drastic changes may be too late to do much the rest of this sad year. Aside from Gray and Stoops, I see very little effort. Lebby is a joke...1/10 on first down? Roof allowing a D to be gashed by a second team Skyler Thompson wanna be.

As it turns out it’s a good thing that OU is not moving to the SEC for a few more years. If there is not a substantial improvement in the prior to the SEC move, this year is going to be the norm in Norman.

Based on this season it seems remote that Gabriel will be leaving for the NFL. Even if Arnold honors his commitment the odds are not good that a freshman qb will be OU’s savior. Hopefully he will sign and enter school in January. If he doesn’t show up in January the “savior” odds are even worse for the ’23 season. If he does sign, at a minimum, we must hope he develops into a long term suitable qb.

If there is a real good portal qb out there that is sitting behind a superstar, it would be a benefit to get him on campus. Even with that the odds of being a very successful qb are long. Successful would be a step up.

And the above does not even address all the other deficiencies with this team.

Reactions: Oklabama
As it turns out it’s a good thing that OU is not moving to the SEC for a few more years. If there is not a substantial improvement in the prior to the SEC move, this year is going to be the norm in Norman.

Based on this season it seems remote that Gabriel will be leaving for the NFL. Even if Arnold honors his commitment the odds are not good that a freshman qb will be OU’s savior. Hopefully he will sign and enter school in January. If he doesn’t show up in January the “savior” odds are even worse for the ’23 season. If he does sign, at a minimum, we must hope he develops into a long term suitable qb.

If there is a real good portal qb out there that is sitting behind a superstar, it would be a benefit to get him on campus. Even with that the odds of being a very successful qb are long. Successful would be a step up.

I'm not holding my breath brother. I'm too old and have better things to do with my life. Good luck though.

That about sums it up. Good post.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Maybe Saban will fire his DC and we can pick him up, Wish we could have gotten Jaxson Dart he's pretty good.

I don’t doubt Venables isn’t a very good coach but he has a very different mindset with regards to what is important for his players to do, say and think/act. Hard to explain but when I listen to him some of what he says is important for his players isn’t the normal. However that affects the squad isn’t known yet. All I know is that so far it’s not working. But there’s always next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT