ADVERTISEMENT

*OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VERSUS WVU GAME THREAD*

Here we go with guys who can’t get off blocks and give armless tackling. Inexcusable. If special team coach still has a job, he must have set of photos of Venables at Sugars.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
What in the actual **** is wrong with Venables? A FG attempt in these conditions. Every Sooner fan has a right to question if we made the right hire.

They are so far out of touch with winning. No fire/discipline and complete moronic coaching. This team deserves no bowl.

Yes. Venables is in over his head. Maybe he figures it out but it's going to be multiple seasons before we are competitive for conference championships and with the SEC looming that could make it longer.

I’m glad I worked today. Just got finished in time to hear the glorious end of the game.

No one to blame for this loss other than ourselves…all that needed to happen was:

1) Mimms learn how to catch a ball
2) the defense learn how to play your gaps
3) the defense learn how to tackle

not difficult concepts

Maybe BV is getting the ultimate revenge for getting let go all those years ago. Get paid millions to make OU as bad as possible.

FhZCmk-XkAIQ0yc

The team has too much of Riley's influence, his off season poaching (namely Caleb Williams) and having the 4 best defensive players leaving. Better days won't come until 2024.
This was a complete team loss offensively, defensively and in the kicking game.
Say what you will about Venables, I just don't see how any coach could do better given the talent level at hand.

Doesnt look like he gives two shits about this team. If he was still at Clemson he would be coming unglued on the sideline. I wanted him to be the guy, but I think he is in way over his head.

The team has too much of Riley's influence, his off season poaching (namely Caleb Williams) and having the 4 best defensive players leaving. Better days won't come until 2024.
This was a complete team loss offensively, defensively and in the kicking game.
Say what you will about Venables, I just don't see how any coach could do better given the talent level at hand.
So 3-6 WVU has a more talented roster?

Doesnt look like he gives two shits about this team. If he was still at Clemson he would be coming unglued on the sideline. I wanted him to be the guy, but I think he is in way over his head.
Yer observations bob's first year? C'mon man?

No one to blame for this loss other than ourselves…all that needed to happen was:

1) Mimms learn how to catch a ball
2) the defense learn how to play your gaps
3) the defense learn how to tackle

not difficult concepts

The defense held West Virginia well under their season average. This loss is on the coaching staff and an offense that could only score 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the Big 12.

Reactions: Oklabama
My dad is a guide on Texoma
Caught monster stripers 30 years ago on Texoma. My main fishing is saltwater in the Aransas, Mesquite, mud island and cedar bayou. I've a 5th wheel stationed in Rockport Tx. I haul ass from San Antonio every chance I get. I'm moving to Rockport in April. Getting my guide service up and going. 👍

Reactions: iasooner2000
Tired of hearing its Rileys fault. This game like others was very winnable. At the end of the day the blame falls on BV's not Lincoln Riley. Some assistants should be shown the door after this season.
What has any of them done to make you confident they can compete in the SEC? That includes Brent.

Reactions: bcsoonerfan
Tired of hearing its Rileys fault. This game like others was very winnable. At the end of the day the blame falls on BV's not Lincoln Riley. Some assistants should be shown the door after this season.
What has any of them done to make you confident they can compete in the SEC? That includes Brent.
Shouldn't we give Brent at least one more year brother? 👍

Reactions: CTOkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT