ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Game #11 - OU vs. TCU

Everyone hope that Baker doesn't have a concussion. If he does, he won't play next week. We do not have Art Briles coaching us.
If Baker doesn't play, it's murder she wrote.

Gary Patterson, just a little note from me.
THANK-YOU1.jpg

Reactions: JConXtsy
We wouldn't be bowl eligible without Baker Mayfield.

I think PlainO was right. It wasn't intentional. I think he ducked his head hoping that he was early enough to get under Baker's head and into his body. He just had bad timing. What he hoped to avoid, he instead created.

Are you kidding me? I mean, I know you're not but holy moly...

I watched the play several times... That jerk was trying to hurt Mayfield. Mayfield was on his way down.. he was defenseless.

That was the dirtiest hit I've seen all season. That kid ought to be suspended for the season.

Last edited:

I watch the play several times... That jerk was trying to hurt Mayfield. Mayfield was on his way down.. he was defenseless.

That was the dirtiest hit I've seen all season. That kid ought to be suspended for the season.
I agree it was intentional. If you watched the replay the tcu player that hit Baker raised his head very quickly to look at Baker to see if he had hurt him or not. No doubt in my mind he tried to take him out.

I watch the play several times... That jerk was trying to hurt Mayfield. Mayfield was on his way down.. he was defenseless.

Exactly. And it wasn't even close. Baker is all but on the turf and that asshole lowers his head and puts the crown of his helmut in his earhole. If it was the NFL, he'd be fined and face a suspension. That was one of the dirtiest plays I've seen all year.

I love how the media is already talking about what a miracle TCU just performed without "half of their team." Meanwhile, there's no discussion about us losing a Heisman qb.

Reactions: veritas59
I agree it was intentional. If you watched the replay the tcu player that hit Baker raied his head very quickly to look at Baker to see if he had hurt him or not. No doubt in my mind he tried to take him out.

Yep, they're schooled to play dirty, and very good at it too.
Otherwise they wouldn't get away with it in the ridiculous way that they do.

They should be sanctioned for that shit. It's not right.

I don't want to be Captain Obvious but we all saw tonight just how important Mayfield is to this team and its success. I hope the young man is ok, you could really tell it was killing him not being able to return. Godspeed Baker!

Mayfield needs to learn to not try and stretch out plays every time. Bad things can happen as we saw tonight. I love his play and his toughness, but does no good if he's not on the field.

Yeah dirty hit or not Baker was being reckless with his body when we didnt need it like we did against Baylor and Tennessee. Have to pick your spots.

Reactions: TXSUX and JConXtsy

I watched the play several times... That jerk was trying to hurt Mayfield. Mayfield was on his way down.. he was defenseless.

disagree. frog on yahoo's game log mentioned that was Ty Summer's first penalty all season. Dude was trying to avoid the penalty, just reacted wrong when Mayfield dropped.

I will also add that when he got up he walked away as if he did nothing wrong. He was hoping the refs would not call it but the punk got caught.

I will also add that when he got up he walked away as if he did nothing wrong. He was hoping the refs would not call it but the punk got caught.

not a punk. just a football player who fouled and was flagged. The next time one of our guys catches a targeting penalty, I'll be waiting for everyone to call him a punk.

I don't care who does it or what team they play for, no place for that in football. If you defend it then there is no place for you either.

If you defend that type of hit then no it isn't.
I'm not defending the hit. It was a penalty and I'm glad it was. All you guys way overcompensate with hatred and bitterness when a player you love gets targeted. It's always 'the dirtiest play you've ever seen'... football is a risky sport.

The frog says it was his first penalty all season! A qb can throw his first td pass in a season yet it is still his first td pass and still counts.
Yeah he tried to avoid the penalty by leading with his helmet. Yeah right. Go listen to the frog on yahoo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT