ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Game #11 - OU vs. TCU

The offense was painful with Knight at QB. I don't want to come off as being too hard on the young man, but he doesn't throw the ball for crap. If it wouldn't have been for the 79 yard run by Perine, we would have only had 140 yards of offense in the 2nd half.

it is painfully obvious why we lost 5 games last year. We need at least one decent backup quarterback. TCU can bring a 3rd stringer and not stink it up like TK did tonight. I am pretty sure I haven't seen a worse performance...well ok take me take to last year again?

Hard to believe that Mike dials up a soft defense against a offense with a freshman QB. Rushing 3 the entire night is rediculus. If you look what the TCU defense did to OK, that is what we should have done to them.

it is painfully obvious why we lost 5 games last year. We need at least one decent backup quarterback. TCU can bring a 3rd stringer and not stink it up like TK did tonight. I am pretty sure I haven't seen a worse performance...well ok take me take to last year again?

Not to mention Baylor, who lit up OSU with their 3rd stringer

Easy there my friend...we won, we're still viable. Got that going for us. :eek:

Reactions: ESPiam
Hard to believe that Mike dials up a soft defense against a offense with a freshman QB. Rushing 3 the entire night is rediculus. If you look what the TCU defense did to OK, that is what we should have done to them.

It also led to several interceptions, which allowed us to win the game. If we don't have a bad snap on a punt, and an ill advised pass by Knight TCU doesn't come back like they did. Our offense had more to do with that comeback than the defense did.

Reactions: JConXtsy
I'm sure it's been talked about, but i just wanted to say that was a damn dirty hit by the TCU linebacker...

Hope somebody spears him like that someday...

Reactions: veritas59
It also led to several interceptions, which allowed us to win the game. If we don't have a bad snap on a punt, and an ill advised pass by Knight TCU doesn't come back like they did. Our offense had more to do with that comeback than the defense did.
Yep, this heart attack was all on knight. I know it's uncouth to put that on one college student, but let the man without sin cast the first stone.

I hope that's the last time I ever see Knight on the field. He just keeps regressing.

I'm sure it's been talked about, but i just wanted to say that was a damn dirty hit by the TCU linebacker...

Hope somebody spears him like that someday...
I think PlainO was right. It wasn't intentional. I think he ducked his head hoping that he was early enough to get under Baker's head and into his body. He just had bad timing. What he hoped to avoid, he instead created.

Knight is such a good kid and I hate to get all on him after this performance, but that was just bad. He looked like he was a true freshman and was scared to death. We had to hold on the whole second half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT